|5|

[HIATUS] Bad At Being Good
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Mingyu's POV

Why did I have to go and care? I don't care. It's not something I usually do. I just do things that are deemed logical-- yeah let's put it like that. Her stomach was growling-- and quite annoyingly, too, so since I was already going to get food, I might as well take her with me. Yep. Sounds real good, Mingyu.

We got off at our stop and I double checked the bus schedule to make sure that we get out of here in time to catch the last bus, which, by the way, was at 9pm, so I don't even know why I double checked since we were going to be in and out of here soon.

I didn't like to dwell much when I went out to eat. I would just eat and if there was someone with me, I'd talk before my food comes if necessary and that was it. This girl, on the other hand, had something else in mind.

 

Dahyun's POV

"Wow this food looks so good," my mouth watered with excitement and anticipation as I looked at the plate before me. I probably looked like I had hearts in my eyes.

I could practically feel Mingyu's glare in confusion and partial embarrassment as I eyed the curry so lovingly. It was just a plain white plate with half curry and half rice. There wasn't anything special looking to it, but I was so excited to try it.

"What's the big deal? It's just curry, haven't you had this before?" Mingyu flatly said to me causing me to finally look up for the first time upon receiving the food.

I felt a bit of heat creep up to my cheeks slowly making them appear a little rosy due to the embarrassment of what I was going to respond with.

"Um..actually no, believe me or not," I responded with rosy cheeks and a rub of the back of my nape. I avoided eye contact, but couldn't avoid his slightly shocked expression. I finally looked up at him and saw that he looked a bit uncomfortable.

"Don't feel weird because of me," I laughed. "I mean you're right, I'm almost 18 and I haven't tried curry before it's pretty sad. When I was younger, my aunt and uncle never believed in eating out so I only ate traditional Korean food growing up, even now."

What was I doing revealing this information to this jerk?! After I said that, I had realized what I just said aloud and it showed in my face. I guess I got carried away and just started venting without even realizing it.

Dare I do it and look at him...?

... ........ .......... ..

I dared.

To my surprise, his spoon was halfway to his mouth when I looked up. His facial expression was blank. It didn't read of any particular sign of emotion, but something tells me that he either wasn't listening (which could have been a good thing) which meant he didn't care (something I already expected) or he was listening and didn't wanna respond because he felt oh so sorry for me.

... .. ...... .. .

Yeah, I'll take the latter-- he wasn't listening and didn't care.

"You should eat before it gets cold. It's not good like that," I suddenly heard his deep voice that almost sounded sympathetic?

With one last glance at the boy sitting in front of me and dismissal of my thoughts, I picked up my spoon.

"Thank you for the meal," I shy spoke as I dug in.

Please log in to read the full chapter