|1|

[HIATUS] Bad At Being Good
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

"I'm leaving for school now," I cried out as I was putting on my shoes by the front door of my cozy cottage. I call it that, but it's really just a very small house with 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom, not mentioning the kitchen and living room that doubles as a dining area. My 3 people include my aunt, uncle, and I. I live on the more rural, lower-income area of the city just a mile away from a suburban neighborhood that housed wealthier families. It's as if they were ting on the poor by building houses that nice near us.

I had to walk a mile to the bus stop in that neighborhood to get to school, so in preparation for that, I woke up 30 minutes earlier every day.

I stalled a little bit and waited for someone to respond to me, but as always, I heard nothing but the sound of my own breathing. I sighed and walked out the door, locking it behind me. I walked down the road that met with the busy street and shoved my earbuds in, listening to some music to calm my nerves.

Several thoughts flooded my mind as I hiked up the street to the bus stop. My aunt, uncle, and I moved from the countryside of Busan to a city area in a district in Seoul because my uncle and aunt wanted to see how it's like to live in the city. They didn't care about my opinion-- they never do. My parents weren't in my life anymore, but that's a story in and of itself.

Anyway, doing some research, I found out that Heirs Academy was nearby. This school is known for getting their students to Ivy League schools across seas and it was my dream to attend Harvard University's Medical School so I could become a doctor-- duh. I applied to Heirs Academy and registered myself, but when I told my gaurdians, all they said was, "If we weren't moving, how could you go to that school? Ignorant girl."

I reached the bus stop and the first major difference I noticed from Busan ans Seoul is how friendly the bus driver was. He looked like an elderly man who was in his earlier stages who greeted me with the happiest eye smile I have ever seen.

"Annyeong~ you must be a new resident, I don't think I've ever seen you before?" the ahjussi questioned me.

"Ne, annyeong, my name is Dahyun, I just moved in a week ago. I'm a new student a Heirs Academy," I said as I stepped inside the bus and gave a respectful bow.

"Oh, really? My grandson goes there. Hop on, youngster."

"Ne.Thank you, ahjussi!"

I wonder who his grandson is.

Upon arriving to the campus, I saw so many people that looked just like me wearing their fall uniforms; ladies wearing their khaki skirts, white collared, long sleeved shirts that held a baby blue tie in place, and a navy blue blazer to tie everything together. The gentlemen wore similar clothing as well except they wore slim fitting pants in place of our skirts.

I didn't stand out much except for the pastel pink-dyed bottom portion of my long, brown hair.

The bus came to a halt and I bid my goodbye to the nice bus driver and told him that I will see him after school. I gripped on to my small backpack on my shoulders, checked my name tag, and walked into the gates of what would be my new life here in Seoul at Heirs Academy.

===

My first stop was the counselor's office to pick up my schedule. As I was waiting for the receptionist, I felt a pair of eyes that lingered on me. I turned my head towards the direction I felt held the suspect and just as I thought, it

Please log in to read the full chapter