|3|

[HIATUS] Bad At Being Good
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

As promised, I hopped on the same bus after school. I did get a few stares and whispers on the way to the bus stop, though.

"Annyeonghaseyo, hal-abeoji~" I said with a sweet smile.

"Oh, Dahyun-ah, how was school?"

"Bwo? O-oh, it was good. I made a lot of new friends, how was your day?" I purposely lied to this grandpa because I didn't want to worry him, especially when I just met him this morning. He told me his day went well, and told me stories about the people he encountered today.

Once I got home, I did my daily, "I'm home now!"

Every day, I had this same routine. I woke up, dealt with school, and then went home and dealt with home. I focused hard on my studies becuase I was so behind, with me transferring in a month late. I spent up until November trying to catch up with everything and I even took my college placement exams: the SATs-- an essential for oversea colleges. I won't be getting my scores until the spring semester, so I laid back until then.

I spoke too soon when I came into class one brisk, autumn day, bundled up in an extra coat and a beanie.

"Okay class, today is a special day. Why? Because I am assigning you your first project of this year!" Mrs. Han, our English teacher cheered. She was always so overly excited. Everyone in class groaned and started yelling at Mrs. Han.

"Now, children, I know you're excited, but to make things even more exciting, I have already picked your partner....Oh, upset? Yeah, well life is like that, sometimes you have to work with people you don't necesarily like. Arasso, let me explain the project then you all can see who your partner and topic is..." Mrs. Han clapped her hands together and began.

 

The project was to create a video about a subject that Mrs. Han also assigned for us. We were to interview at least three people about the topic and connect it to our lives somehow.

 

She left the list of partners and topics on the chalkboard before exiting the classtoom. Everyone swarmed up to read the list and I heard a mixture between squeals and screams of joy and happiness from those who I assumed got a good partner, and moans and groans from those I assumed didn't get their ideal partner.

I hoped to be partners from someone from the Japanese line, but I spoke too soon again as I saw Momo and Sana hug each other happily then Mina who was sulking next to them while staring right at a boy who had his back faced us so I couldn't see his face really well. I got up cautiously once the crowd started clearing up to see who my partner was.

Honestly, it couldn't be anyone I would be happy about considering the Japanese line was taken. But it cant be that bad since I don't know anyone else. I put my finger on the paper and trailed it down until I saw my last name, "Kim....Kim...Kim Dahyun and...Kim..Mingyu!?"

I spoke to myself so only I could hear my cries of agony. Then as my finger was still on the paper, the devil himself came walking up and looked at the list as well. I just stared at the paper in shock, eyes glued to the paper, not daring to look anywhere else because it was that hard to believe.

I could see Mingyu's face from the corner of my eye and it was just as shocked as mine. He breathed out an almost inaudible, "Aish~" but then continued to read on to the topic, as did I, our faces just inches apart. We got to the topic column and couldn't believe our eyes. Out of all topics why--

"LOVE??!?" We yelled in unison and shock. We turned our heads and looked at each other before scowling and walking our seperate ways: me to the girls and Mingyu to wherever he goes outside of the classroom.

The class was staring at our scene and started mumbling already, but I ignored them because I was so annoyed that I got this jerk as my partner and of all topics, Mrs. Han chose 'love?!?!?' You have got to be kidding me.

I told the girls what happened and Mina was the one to speak first saying, "It could be worse, you could have Wonwoo as a partner."

"You're probably right. Who has Wonwoo anyway?"

<
Please log in to read the full chapter