I'll Never Leave

Forget Me Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: it's only been a day and already 7 subscribers! Thank you so much!! Since I'm in such a great mood, here's another chapter to show y'all's how grateful I am. Enjoy~

I also got the idea of the flashback scene from this gif, and used it as a reference↓

Kyung heads straight to the restroom to freshen up. Passing by each of the rooms, he makes sure to stay as quiet as possible to not disturb the others.

 

Once he’s in the bathroom, Kyung takes a good look at himself in the mirror. He frowns. There are deep, dark bags under his eyes, revealing the sleepless nights in his bed. His eyes themselves have lost the spark it once had, leaving behind a dull, almost murky sight. His skin is no longer that glowing white that so many fans praise. No, it has since become a sickly pale sheen that covers his entire being. He looks over his body. Kyung has always been more on the slender side, but in Jiho’s sweater, he looks akin to that of a skeleton in rags.

 

Lately, Kyung has taken to wearing Jiho’s clothes. He thinks that since Jiho is rarely home anyway, Kyung might as well use his oversized sweatshirts to hide how much weight he’s lost.

 

He knows it’s not healthy, knows that he should be taking better care of himself. But between looking out for the members and missing his estranged boyfriend, Kyung can’t find the energy to care.

 

With one last glance at the mirror, Kyung begins getting ready for the day.

~~~~~🐷~~~~~

It’s already eight in the morning by the time the first member enters the kitchen.

 

Jaehyo takes a seat on one of the stools looking over the array of banchan*, grilled meats, and rice prepared, already used to Kyung being the first one up. “Ahh. This looks amazing Kyunggie. Have I ever told you how much I love your cooking?”

 

“You’ve mentioned it once or twice.” Kyung smiles and brings over the pot of miso soup.

 

Yukwon and Minhyuk make their way into the kitchen next. Minhyuk being the older, goes to the cabinet and pulls out seven bowls while Yukwon takes a seat next to Jaehyo.

 

“Hurry up hyung! I’m starving.” Yukwon nearly drools as he looks over prepared dishes.

 

Minhyuk places the bowls and chopsticks down on the table. “Alright you brat. Wait for the others to come before you start eating.” Yukwon pouts, but waits nonetheless.

 

As if on cue, Taeil walks toward the dining table with a not so coherent Jihoon following behind.

 

“Look who woke up on the wrong side of bed.” Yukwon grins at the maknae.

 

They take a seat at the table and Jihoon immediately places his arms and head down.

 

“Leave him alone. We stayed up pretty late last night playing video games.” Taeil pats the younger’s head, who has probably already fallen back asleep.

 

With everyone present, the members begin to eat their breakfast.

 

The kitchen is quickly filled with small talk and occasional laughter. The members talking about everything and anything going on in their lives.

 

Kyung doesn’t talk or eat, just listens. Their voices morphing into a comforting buzz inside his head, keeping the slight migraine at bay.

 

His eyes rest on an empty seat at the opposite end of the table though. He suddenly feels a wave of sadness wash over him.

 

Jiho doesn’t have breakfast with them anymore, but the members always leave a bowl and a pair of chopsticks just in case he decides to stop by one day.

 

“Jiho! JIHO! Slow down. I can’t run that fast.”

 

But it’s too late. Kyung has already lost sight of his friend in the crowd of amusement park goers.

 

“Goddamnit. ‘Let’s go to Lotteworld,’ he said. ‘It’ll be loads of fun,’ he said.” Kyung growls under his breath, frustrated with Jiho, who dragged him to the park only to disappear as soon as they got in.

 

He doesn’t like it here. Sure, most teens would love going to the world’s largest indoor theme park for their 16th birthday: playing arcade games, sharing food, riding the ferris wheel and other attractions.

 

But Kyung is not like most teens.

 

He hates the noise level of the place. The thousands of voices all speaking at once, the screeching of the roller coasters, the different kinds of music coming from the many machines, all jumbling together and blaring so loud he could barely hear himself think.

 

And there’s too many people. Strangers walking to and fro. Bodies bumping into him left and right, front and back. Never stopping to even excuse themselves. It's stiffling.

 

And it's becoming too much. The noise. The skin contact. He is surrounded by so many people but is all alone.

 

Kyung can feel his heart rate picking up. He was never one to engage in these types of activities, preferring to be in the sidelines, away from the attention. But Jiho insisted that Kyung step out of his comfort zone and enjoy the freedom of being sixteen.

 

Yet here he is by himself and in the midst of having a panic attack. Kyung curses at his supposed best friend

 

There is a hand that grabs his suddenly though. Pulling him away from the overbearing crowd and under the vacancy of a tree.

 

“I’m so sorry.”

 

Jiho’s hold on his arm tightens, but he doesn’t notice, still recovering from the near panic attack.

 

Suddenly, Jiho’s hands are gone and there is a light weight around his neck

 

“I saw this in the shop and just had to get it. Do you like it?”

 

Kyung’s fingers traces the curve of the tag on his neck and he lifts it to his face.

 

Woo Jiho

 

The name is engraved on the necklace with a small image of an anchor at the end.

 

“I have a matching one with your name on it also. So now people will know that I am yours and You are mine”

 

Kyung looks up at his friend. Jiho is smiling like an idiot, eyes closed from how far his cheeks are stretched, holding out his own necklace in pride and pure happiness.

 

k… -ng!

 

“I’m sorry about earlier. It will never happen again.”

 

… -yung!

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter