We're Here

Forget Me Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I literally have an 8 page essay due in two days, but here I am uploading (according to google docs) an 11 page long chapter... Priorities. And you guys... I'm just so happy that so many of you subscribed and upvoted this story. Thank you so much <3 Your comments mean alot to me as well, everything y'all's do just gives me motivation to write more. That's why the updates have been coming so quick! haha. Without further ado, here's chapter 6. Enjoy~

Back at the dorm

The Block B members are all situated in the kitchen, eating the Subway sandwhiches that Minhyuk bought for them earlier. The only sounds that fill the room are the rustling of the parchment paper and the crunch of their bites. The five boys are seemingly all lost in their own thoughts. Minhyuk bought a sandwich for Kyung also but it’s been more than an hour without a word from their cucumber.

 

In all honesty, everyone is quite worried since the brunette has never gone 30 minutes without checking in with one of the groupmates. “How long does it take to buy groceries?” Yukwon’s voice sounds irritated but they know it’s just to hide his concern.

 

“Of course you wouldn’t know. It’s not like you’ve ever actually done chores before.” Jaehyo tries to lighten the mood but it doesn’t seem to help as the members get even more worried when another minute ticks away.

 

The groupmates have absolutely no idea what to do. Their bodies are telling them to leave the dorm and go find their missing sub-leader, but the more rational side of their brains are advising them to stay put and give Kyung some space.

 

“Aish! This , we should be going after him! What if he’s in trouble?” The maknae burst from the silence, mind not able to take any more waiting.

 

Taeil rubs the monkey’s back soothingly. “We don’t know that, Hoon. He hasn’t called yet, so maybe he’s just not in a mood to talk to us.”

 

“That’s exactly the problem, Taeil-hyung! He hasn’t called any one of us, and that brat always calls.” Yukwon throws his hands up frustratingly.

 

“We seemed to really upset him earlier. Let’s just give him some more time to cool off.” Minhyuk, ever the rational one, suggests to the others.

 

“I hate how it feels like we’re walking on pins and needles around him all the time. I know it’s not his fault, but… ugh. Jiho.” Yukwon lowers his head, chin resting on the table with a vexed face.

 

Jaehyo was just about to scold the other for using such a harsh word, but is stopped by a loud boom of thunder, followed by more quiet ones. Everyone stops in their tracks as the pitter patter of raindrops fill the room, gradually getting heavier.

 

“What is this? I don’t remember seeing rain in the forecast,” Jaehyo says instead.

 

There is a moment of silence as the members stare out the window. However, it is quickly interrupted as Jihoon speaks up. “Guys. Kyung was walking to the store, wasn’t he…”

 

Their eye’s widen suddenly at the giants words. “,” Minhyuk curses. They all bolted out of their seats, scrambling towards the door, food forgotten. Carelessly throwing on their shoes, they leave the building with the loud roar of the engine and the screeching of tires.

🐷

“Call him again,” Jaehyo yells as he makes another turn, going way above the speed limit.

 

“I did! He’s not picking up!” Despite what he just indicated, Yukwon dials the number anyway. He waits as the the phone rings for the sixteenth time in the past 15 minutes. “It’s me again, call me back when you get this message, Kyung! You’re scaring us,” Yukwon yells over his phone, leaving another voicemail.

 

Jaehyo looks in the rear view mirror at the 3 sitting in the back. “How about you, hyung? Can you pick up the location of his phone anywhere?” Jaehyo glances hopefully at their eldest.

 

“I’m trying but it says his phone is offline,” Taeil informs.

 

“Who knows, maybe he’s just stuck in a shop without signal. Don’t be so pessimistic, guys.” Minhyuk tries to ease their worry, but to no avail.

 

They look helplessly out the windows of the vehicle. The sky is glum, greyish in color. No one is out on the streets due to the pouring rain and the thunder continues to rage loudly, mocking the Block B members as they desperately search for the brunette.

 

“Wait! Hyung, pull over!” Jihoon’s face is suddenly pressed up against the window.

 

“What? We’re supposed to be looking for Kyung, not stopping fo-”

 

“PULL OVER NOW.” Jihoon shouts, his powerful voice forcing the the driver to park at the curb instantly.

 

They all make their way out of the car and into the hazardous rain. “Is there a reason you stopped us at the park, Jihoon?” Minhyuk asks the younger, already shivering from the cold.

 

The giant maknae is not even facing the others, squinting as he points to the park’s cherryblossom tree tunnel.

 

Yukwon scowls. “Yes, it’s very beautiful. Now can we get back in the car an-”

 

“No, not that. Look at the bench!”

 

They follow Jihoon’s command and try to look for the structure from across the street. A few seconds pass when their eyes land on a lone figure lying across the expanse of the seat, in the middle of the monstrous torrent.

 

“Kyung!” They call the name repeatedly as the members sprint towards the body.

 

“Yah! Cucumber, answer us!” Minhyuk calls over the distance, but still no reply from the brunette.

 

Their hearts drop when they finally reach their sub-leader.

 

His eyes are closed, hair and body soaked in the unrelenting rain. The few articles of clothing cling to his thin body as he lies motionless on the wooden bench. His pale skin and lips take on a blueish tint, scarier than the white color they’ve associated his complexion with. The only thing assuring them that instant was the slow, too slow, rise and fall of his chest.

 

Jaehyo snaps out of it first. He takes his coat off and hands it to Taeil, who is the one standing closest to the unconscious figure. “Here. Quickly, wrap him in this.” At that, everyone takes off their extra layer to hand to their hyung.

 

“We need to take him home now, questions later.” Minhyuk tells the others, stopping both Yukwon and Jihoon as soon as he saw their mouths open.

 

Minhyuk picks the younger up, carrying him and the bundle of coats bridal style, and races back to the car, the members following closely behind. He isn’t even surprised that Kyung ways next to nothing in his arms, body cold and still unconscious. He shuts his eyes painfully. It was a discussion for later, but right now, he just wanted to get their little brother home.

🐷

Jiho barges into the older’s room and makes himself comfortable on the bed. “Hey, Kyung-cucumber! Let’s go watch a movie.”

 

“What? No. Get out. And stop calling my cucumber, the members are catching on.”

 

“Common. I really want to see that new Spiderman flick,” Jiho says in a whiny voice.

 

“Then go by yourself, I’m busy.”

 

“No you are not. Our schedules are clear until next month, so stop making excuses and just come with me.”

 

“Jiho-yah, I said I don- whaa!” To Jiho’s pleasure, Kyung let out a not so manly scream when he’s picked up by the larger. “I am not taking ‘no’ as an answer,” the blonde grins cutely.

 

“Put me down, Ji!” Kyung hits Jiho’s chest repeatedly wishing that the taller would just let him go. But to Kyung’s utter annoyance, the brat completely ignores him and hums a tune as he makes his way to the car, the brunette slung over his shoulder.

 

Jiho ungraciously plops the other down onto the passenger’s seat and makes his way to the driver’s side. He pretends not to notice the death glare that Kyung is directing at him and turns on the audio as he pulls out of their driveway.

 

10 minutes have gone and the cucumber still has yet to say a word. He gave up on his death glare tactic as Jiho continues to feign ignorance at his friend’s obvious displeasure. He goes for the “silent treatment” approach expecting to get better results, because he knows how much Jiho can’t stand silence.

 

The blonde already breaks. “Alright, I’m sorry for dragging you along without permission. Now will you just talk to me?” Jiho uses his aegyo* voice hoping the other would show mercy.

 

Kyung doesn’t speak, doesn’t even acknowledge the fact that the leader was addressing him.

 

“Kyunggie. I said I was sorry. How can I make this up to you?” The brunette quirks a brow, but still doesn’t reply.

 

“Jeez, you’re so stubborn. Okay. I’ll get you dinner afterwards, yeah?”

 

Silence.

 

“Fine, fine, fine. I’ll buy you anything you want to eat, so please say something to me, jagiya*.” Jiho hates that his voice sounds so desperate, but when it comes to Kyung, he’s willing to it up. The brunette blushes at the nickname, though it disappears as quickly as it came.

 

The shorter faces him then, mischief evident in his eyes. “Anything?” Jiho swore that Kyung purred the word.

 

“Yes, anything.” The blonde slumps as he resigns himself to his fate.

 

“You’re going to regret your words, Woo Jiho. I already feel bad for your wallet, but my stomach is going to be so happy.” Kyung smiles innocently, taking no regard to the driver’s cringing expression. What did Jiho do to deserve such cruel punishment? Oh yeah, he pissed off the greasy devil spawn named Park Kyung.

 

The movie theater kindly gifted the two a private room showing free of charge since the manager was a BBC and didn’t want any sasaengs* bothering her VIP guests. To show her support for the rookie group, she even threw in free popcorn and drinks, to which they gratefully accepted. The duo took one last picture with the generous manager before taking a seat in the empty auditorium.

 

“I can’t believe she did all this. We even got free snacks, Kyung!” Jiho excitedly shuffles in his seat to get more comfortable before the movie started.

 

“Yeah, that was really nice of her. Now you have more money in your pocket for dinner later, Ji. Who knows, you may not even have to wash dishes after tonight.” The blonde stops in the middle of putting popcorn in his mouth, the buttery kernels falling out of his hands one at a time. The reminder of the deal they made in the car has him reaching towards his wallet, making a silent prayer for its well being.

 

Kyung’s face is gleaming, facing towards the monitor in front of them as the movie begins playing, content with Jiho’s reaction.

 

When the movie is finished, it’s already 10 at night. “It’s kinda late, we could just take a rain check if you’d like, Jiho-yah.” Kyung suggests considering the younger’s habit of overworking himself even when they were on break.

 

“Shush you. We are going out for dinner, I already made reservations.” The brunette is pretty shocked about the declaration. Jiho was with him the entire time since he first barged into the older’s room, so he was curious to when the Block B leader actually called in to reserve them a table.

 

“I know what you’re thinking. Just be quiet and go along with it.” So Kyung does just that without hesitation.

 

It takes them nearly 20 minutes before they finally arrive at the Brera, one of Seoul’s best italian restaurants. Jiho parks the vehicle and opens the door for the other and leads him inside.

 

A little thrown off by the other’s actions, Kyung stops and looks at his friend. “Jiho, what is this? I know I told you that I was going to empty out you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter