It's a Promise

Forget Me Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I'm back... already. Another day and my subscribers have DOUBLED!! Thank you guys so much again and I'm glad you're liking the story so far. :) I know I said Jiho was gonna be in this chapter, he is for a little, but not really... Sorry, I was writing and it just came out like this. lol And sorry for some of the mistakes in the chapters btw. Have fun reading~

It was already July. A month has passed since the confrontation at the breakfast table and none of the members dared to mention anything about Kyung’s physique again.

 

It wasn’t because they were scared that the brunette was going to flare up at them, just the opposite in fact. What frightened them was how silent he’s been for the past 7 months. He’d only make a few comments occasionally whenever they were together or slightly chuckles when something funny comes up.

 

The members don’t remember the last time they’ve heard their cucumber actually laugh, that toothy laugh that made his eyes squint shut and mouth stretch from cheek to cheek. And no matter how hard they tried, they were only awarded with a small smile that never seemed to reach his eyes.

 

That smile is what scares them the most.

 

The dead, emotionless grin that was meant to reassure them that he was alright. But they know him better, know that he’s not. In the years that they’ve known each other, Block B has never felt so useless.

 

Kyung is in his room, a place where he likes to hide when he’s not hanging with the others. Yukwon, Minhyuk, and Jaehyo are situated on the sofa in the living room. Taeil sits in the recliner while Jihoon sits crossed-legged on the floor. The living room residents absentmindedly staring at the television.

 

“Hey. Kyung hyung’s birthday is this Wednesday isn’t it? We should do something.” The giant maknae looks a the members with hopeful eyes. He really loves all his hyungs and hates that Kyung is so distant from them lately.

 

Minhyuk nods his head, thinking of an appropriate gift to get their sub-leader. “You’re right. I could order some balloons and banners tomorrow for a small party. We can celebrate here, just Kyung and us.”

 

“Yeah! We’ll have cake and music and barbeque and party hats and everything. It could really cheer him up.” Yukwon chimes in excitedly as he thinks of the color returning to the younger brunette’s eyes.

 

“But what about Jiho? What if he doesn’t come…” The members deflate immediately at Taeil’s words.

 

It’s true. They all want their greasy, bubbly Kyunggie back, but if Jiho bails, their efforts are going to be in vain. Their frustration is quickly directed towards their leader.

 

Yukwon curses at his missing friend. “Freakin’ Jiho! -or should I say Zico.  Always too busy to hang out.”

 

“I’ll kick his if he doesn’t show.” Jaehyo clenches his fists and punches the air to show that he meant it.

 

“You’re not the only one.” Minhyuk and Jihoon agree at the same time before facing each other with a surprised look. The members burst into laughter at the duo’s actions, breaking the serious atmosphere.

 

“What’s so funny?” A small voice interrupts.

 

Their attention falls onto the subject of their concern. Smile once again plastered on his face, he is somewhat leaning on the wall for support, looking smaller than ever in an oversized hoodie -probably Jiho’s- and if possible, complexion even paler than before, ghostly white like a corpse’s.

 

Kyung has always been petite. But standing in the living room entrance, hoodie sliding off at one shoulder, eyes almost hollow, he looked so… vulnerable.

 

“Umm… guys?” Kyung’s pulls them back from their trance. His head is tilted to the side cutely, forehead wrinkled, with a worried expression.

 

“Oh, ahh… We were just talking about your birthday coming up. What flavor cake do you like?” Yukwon grins at the other, intentionally not mentioning their discussion of Jiho.

 

“It’s alright guys. You don’t have to do anything.”

 

“Nah-uh-ah. We ARE doing something whether you like it or not. So why don’t you just make our job easier and tell us which flavor, princess.”

 

Ignoring the nickname, Kyung gives in. “Fine. I want something with vanilla and strawberries.” Everyone smiles at the answer. The birthday celebration may not be such a bad idea after all. “Vanilla it is.” Yukwon takes out his phone ready to pre-order the cake for Wednesday.

~~~~~🐷~~~~~

Wednesday, July 8th, doesn’t come quick enough as the Block B members race around the living room and kitchen area, hanging up banners and streamers and setting up the table. They sent Kyung out to pick up a cake about 45 minutes ago, but little did he know that they planned for a surprise party also.

 

Taeil is in the middle of taking off the foil covering of the various platters of barbecued meat and vegetables when he calls over towards the living room area. “Did anyone hear from Jiho yet?”

 

“Yeah. He said he’ll come by later after he finishes an interview with some magazine.” Minhyuk‘s words calms everyone’s nerves. Everything was going according to plan and the members couldn't wait to see a true smile on Kyung’s face after so long.

 

“Hey Hoon. Where’s the real cake? Bring it over here to the table.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter