Don't Forget

Forget Me Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hello again! I hope your weekend has been great. Thank you for all the comments I received! I try to reply to ALL of them because y'all's deserve it hehe. Updates might be slower since my teachers want to kill me the last month the school... But I will try my best, you better believe it! (That was a Naruto reference lol) And just a warning, sorry for any mistakes and I DO cuss in my writing, so if you're not comfortable with that, just a heads up. It's not much, but it's there and you can expect more in the future since I curse like a sailor in real life. Enjoy~

Jihoon slowly makes his way out of bed, the events from last night’s party preventing him from sleeping very long. He checks the time on his phone while yawning loudly. “It’s only 5:15, so early,” he pouts at no one in particular. With one last stretch of his body, the giant maknae quietly wanders out of his room.

 

He walks down the hallway, occasionally peeking through the doors left ajar to check on his still slumbering hyungs. A soft smile stretches across his lips as he watches their sleeping forms. Minhyuk and Taeil are sleeping soundly, warmly wrapped inside the comfort of their blankets. Jaehyo has somehow kicked off his blanket and has limbs flailing off the side of the bed, drool sliding down his open mouth. Yukwon’s position isn’t much better, although sounds of snores leave his mouth instead of saliva.

 

Jihoon’s expression drops though at the sight of Kyung’s open door. He could’ve sworn that the elder had closed and locked it last night. The maknae confirms his suspicions when he comes to the entrance and sees an empty bed. Blankets are already neatly folded and the linen is tucked under the mattress.

 

Soft murmuring draws his attention away from the vacant room and towards the living area. Jihoon could already see the faint glow of a light from the hallway, signaling a person’s presence in the early hours of the day. Not wanting to be seen, Jihoon creeps towards the light, peeking his head through the entryway.

 

Kyung is kneeling in front of the coffee table, hands clasped together, facing the open window. His eyes are closed as his mouth forms words that Jihoon can’t hear.

 

It’s dusky outside, still too early for even the sun to fully rise. However, the sliver of sunlight that does creep through illuminates the praying form. And it’s the first time that the youngest member actually gets a good look at Kyung’s face.

 

His skin is still as flawless as before, but dewy, and not the flattering kind of dewy either. A sickly kind of complexion with a film a stress evident on his features. The rays seemed to only make the hollows of his cheeks deeper and the bags under his eyes darker.

 

That’s when it finally hits the observing figure standing in the hallway. How long has Kyung been up? He checks his phone again to reaffirm the time. 5:27 A.M. the device displays.

 

Jihoon turns his head back to the elder. He knows better, but couldn’t help himself as this could be the only time Kyung’s guard was down. With resolution, he strains his ears to hear the other’s words.

 

“-sorry. I don’t know how many times I’ve told you this already, but I’m so sorry. I’m sorry I was a bad friend. I’m sorry that I am an even worse leader. And I’m sorry that I’ve been a bad boyfriend. But I can’t do this. I can’t do this without him. I can’t do this by myself…” Kyung voice begins breaking. And although Jihoon can’t see it, he can hear the tears threatening to fall.

 

“I’m trying so hard, b-but it’s not enough. I keep slipping up in front of them and it’s making feel like crap… I’m making them worry over me when I’m the one that’s supposed to be looking out for them! I can’t even do that right.”

 

Jihoon can see the frustrated furrow between the elder’s brows. Kyung’s hands are grasped so tightly that they’re shaking at this point. No, how could you think like that. You being here, taking care of us is already enough, hyung.

 

“I-I just… I want him back, need him here… with me, with us. I miss him, but it’s like he’s forgotten. I can feel him drifting away and as much as I chase after him, he runs faster. Please. I don’t ask for much, so just this once. Please, bring him back to me. Don’t let him forget the memories we shared, don’t let him forget all the hardships we’ve endured, don’t let him leave…

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter