Liar

Forget Me Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I AM SO SORRY MY CHINGUS TT.TT Please don't kill me! (If you do, we won't know what will happen next. lol jk) Forreal though, I sincerely apologize for not updating in so long. I really have no other excuses other than the fact that I've been busy with moving out, college, and some family issues... It's been kind of difficult trying to find time to write, but I managed to finish this chapter, so YAY :D (P.S. The Block B comeback gave me a lot of motivation to finish, so if you haven't already, check out their new Japanese album) Enjoy this chappie~

And just like that 2 months passed by.

 

Park Kyung was actually, truly feeling fantastic. Well, maybe fantastic is too strong of a word, but he did feel better. Everything was falling back into their rightful place again; and although Jiho was no longer promoting, he was still touring around, but that was fine for the brunette. The blonde wasn’t with them much, but Kyung was used to the absence at this point and Jiho did message him occasionally about his day or about something that troubled him, and that was enough for him.

 

No, Kyung wasn’t moving on. How could he? Feelings that have been that deeply rooted with as much time to be nurtured and developed as theirs don’t simply disappear over something as trivial as not being able to see each other. The sub-leader is still very much in love with the younger; Kyung is merely adapting.

 

To be honest, that’s all he’s ever tried to do: adapt to the circumstances. Yet, to say he had failed miserably is an understatement.

 

However, things have changed. In a little over 6 weeks, Kyung has gotten so much closer to the members that he didn’t even think possible. It felt completely surreal to the still insecure brunnette. All his life, he only ever truly relied on 3 people: his parents and Jiho. And it wasn’t like Kyung did not trust in s, more like he couldn’t trust in himself to rely on them in fear of weighing them down. Hail to whatever cucumber god is out there, because his group mates took the time to prove to him that he was definitely, completely and utterly wrong.

 

Kyung found himself always by a member’s side; they all understood how quickly the brunette’s thoughts could turn on him, and never gave a chance for Kyung’s mind to spiral out of control.

 

He often went grocery shopping with Taeil in his spare time, the eldest always filling the shopping cart with essentials for the dorm, but also spotting extra trinkets and snacks to bring back for his dongsaengs. Taeil did nothing but spoil the younger with food and gifts, promising to never allow Kyung to feel any ounce of sadness when he was around. Even at home, the eldest hyung, who was always soft spoken and careful with his words, paid extra attention around the cucumber, threatening anyone with a death glare if they’d say anything that would remotely upset the brunette. The younger forgot how nurturing his eldest hyung could be.

 

He often spent time with Minhyuk in cafes or quiet parks to talk about his feelings. He tended to bottle a lot of things up, a habit that has developed over the years, yet Minhyuk saw right through him. The elder did a very good job at making sure the brunette hid nothing, listening sympathetically to every word or problem the younger may have, even coaxing out hesitant confessions from time to time. He took the time to talk things out with the younger, explaining alternative ways to look at situations, different ways to look at himself and his capabilities. And throughout their philosophical discussions, Minhyuk somehow finds a good time to insert compliments, always reminding the shorter how much they need him. Kyung forgot how discerning his hyung was, only seeming to grow wiser by the years.

 

He often went to the mall with Jaehyo whenever the elder felt bored. Being the visual that he is, they would spend hours in the dressing room deciding on outfits and accessories; and although it was mainly Jaehyo trying out clothes, he still was very appreciative of Kyung’s comments and opinions, taking every chance to vocalize his gratitude towards the younger for being there with him. Jaehyo, usually the type to express his feelings through actions, would even sneak into his room occasionally and throw out his old clothes, just to have it replaced with newer shirts and sweaters he thought would suit Kyung better than Jiho’s oversized ones. Still, He only ever threw away what he knew belonged to the brunette; any of Jiho’s clothes, Jaehyo would silently store those away in a cabinet where he was certain Kyung could find. The sub-leader forgot how absolutely affectionate the the taller was.

 

He often reviewed their dance choreographs in the studio with Yukwon when everyone else was busy. Kyung wasn’t so much of a dancer himself, usually being put in the back of their choreographies due to his naturally awkward and stiff posture; however, even when Kyung couldn’t get the moves down and kept making mistakes, Yukwon simply retaught the movements and slowed down his pace, accommodating to the sub-leader’s progression. Not once did he raise his voice or get angry with the younger; Yukwon simply smiled and cheered the other on. Little did he know that those many words of motivation and support actually made Kyung feel a lot better about himself. Despite his energetic personality, the brunette forgot how patient and encouraging the kitty could be.

 

He often went out with Jihoon, taking advantage of the only time he gets to be called hyung. And although he was thankful for everyone’s coddling, it did get suffocating sometimes for the cucumber. As vigilant as ever, the maknae noticed every single time Kyung would become even the slightest bit uncomfortable; he would swoop in and pull the sub-leader away with an excuse of “I’m the youngest, so you all have to reserve Kyung hyung for me,” before disappearing. What the brunette appreciated most was that Jihoon never acted different around him, never treading around situations and talked to him so normally, like he wasn’t made of fine glass. He forgot how endearing their youngest could be.

 

Even now, as Kyung mixes chocolate cake batter -— Jiho’s favorite — in a bowl, a fond smile creeps on his lips. He remembers all the times that the members have been there for him since the “incident,” he remembers the overall protectiveness of each of them. And 6 weeks before, he probably would’ve felt guilty for taking up their time, for burdening them, but now, he only felt utter appreciation towards the people that he considered even closer than family.

 

A voice draws him out of his thoughts though. “What cha making over there, Kyunggie?” A head is lightly placed on the crevice between his shoulder and neck, looking over the contents in which the brunette is stirring. The faint yet distinct smell of Jaehyo’s cologne reaches Kyung’s nose and he relaxes his shoulders. “Ooh. What did we do to deserve Park Kyung’s glorious chocolate cake? Did Taeil hyung buy you more stuffed animals? Look, I know they’re soft and all, but if you get any more, there won’t be enough room for you to sleep, idiot cucumber!”

 

It’s not like Jiho sleeps on the other side of the bed anyway, Kyung thinks but refrains from adding the comment. He instead says,” Well, if you don’t seem to like my stuffed toys, then you probably won’t like this cake. Such a shame, I guess everyone else will just have to get a bigger slice.”

 

Jaehyo’s head snaps up abruptly at the underlying threat. “Common now, Kyunggie. Let’s not go to extremes. You know I’ll like anything you cook. I was only playing around!”

 

“Hehe. I know,” Kyung says as he pats the taller’s head.

“So who’s the cake for anyway, hyung?” The maknae’s voice calls from behind as both he and their eldest, Taeil, arrive from the hall. “You guys seriously don’t know what day it is,” Kyung questions at the three boys present in the room. “Uhh, it’s Wednesday, but I have a strange feeling that that’s not the right answer,” Taeil adds unhelpfully.

 

“You guys are real idiots.” Just then, Yukwon and Minhyuk, just finishing off their dance practice, join the group. The kitty’s comment, however, gets him a soft smack on the head from the elder dancer. “Be respectful to your hyungs, you rascal.” But, Minhyuk only gets a cheeky tongue stuck out at him instead.

 

“As, I was saying,” Yukwon continues, “I know we haven’t seen the guy around lately, but that shouldn’t be an excuse to forget our leader’s birthday, guys.” A second of silence passes before realization dawns on the three clueless men. “Oh my god. IT’S JIHO’S BIRTHDAY TODAY,” Jaehyo declares loudly. Minhyuk winks at his dongsaengs, “Bingo.”

 

Like three blind mice following each other, Taeil, Jaehyo, and Jihoon race to the door, clumsily putting on their shoes. “And where are you all planning on going,” the cucumber asks amusedly. “We have to get that Zico brat a gift. And let’s not mention our.. forgetfulness when we see him yeah? It’ll just be better for both parties if we forgot this whole thing ever happened,” Taeil suggests sweetly, or more like demands as the eldest hyung before leaving and shutting the door behind him.

 

“I’m totally telling Jiho,” Yukwon smirks.

 

Minhyuk smacks the younger again, “You will do no such thing.”

 

“We’ll see, hyung. We’ll see.”

 

Choosing to ignore the other’s side remark, Minhyuk sits down at the table and stares thoughtfully at the brunette. An appreciative smile creeps along his lips. He notices how Kyung holds himself a little higher; confidence isn't oozing out of him, but he looks more confident, less doubtful, and more secure. His brown locks don’t look nearly as dull as they had been; his hair is shinier, fluffier, and healthier. Just like his body. Truth be told, Kyung is still far too skinny for Minhyuk’s liking, but his cheeks were fuller, his eyes weren’t as sunken, and his complexion has somewhat returned. All in all, Kyung looked better. And the dancer couldn’t be any more proud, because their sub-leader wasn’t healed, actually far from it, but he was improving. He was trying, and that’s all that really mattered to their little make-shift family.

 

“I can feel you staring, Minhyuk hyung.” Said brunette pops two circular pans in the oven before facing the elder, a tender smile gracing his lips. “Care to tell me why you have that stupid grin on your face?”

 

“Oh, nothing. Just making some observations.”

 

“Really now. And just what observations have you made?”

 

“Just that you look happier. And that makes me happier.”

 

Kyung’s smile falters a bit at Minhyuk’s comment, before it spreads wider on his face. A tinge of red dusts his cheeks as he nods in agreement. “You’re right. I’m feeling better, and it’s thanks to you guys.”

 

“Alright, alright! This is getting to sappy for my taste,” Yukwon interjects. The eldest in the room glares at the younger, muttering a “brat” under his breath, but is disregarded as the kitty continues. “So how’s this gonna work? Are we going to visit Jiho, or is he coming here? Does he even have time to come back here anyway?”

 

“I was thinking we go surprise him at the studio. He told me he was going to be there all week since he’s having some sort of creative block and wants to focus on just his music. But I think it would be nice if we go see him when he’s having such a hard time. Despite the idiots at the mall right now, I wouldn’t want Jiho to think we’re forgetting him,” Kyung suggests kindly.

 

“That sounds like a great idea! We’ll go when the cake is done and when the others get back, which will hopefully be sometime soon,” Minhyuk finalizes.

 

🐷

“Do you really think he’ll like it, hyung?”

 

“For the last time, Hoon! Jiho-ssi will love it. He’ll like anything you get him because you chose it, and it’s the thought that matters, not the gift,” Taeil reassures.

 

The maknae clutches the clumsily wrapped gift tighter to his chest. “I know… but we haven’t seen him in so long and I just, I don’t want him to be disappointed,” he softly confesses. There are fingers cupping the monkey’s face suddenly, turning his head until he’s facing the owner of those petite hands.

 

“Hey now. Jiho has known you for over 5 years, Jihoon. He’s seen you trip down the stairs, cry over a disney movie, burn hard boiled eggs, and laugh so hard that milk spilled out of your nose. Heck, he’s even sat by your side the night you had way too much to drink and were dry-heaving into the toilet bowl. He’s seen you at your worst, Jihoonie, but he’s also seen you grow up into such a wonderful, and thoughtful man. It’s gonna take a lot for him to ever be disappointed in you, give him some more credit,” Kyung says matter of factly. The maknae brightens at the memories and engulfs the smaller in a tight hug. “That’s why I like you best, Kyung hyung.”

 

“Hey! What about us?!” The remaining 4 boys look at their youngest expectantly, silently siding with Taeil’s outburst.

 

Jihoon rolls his eyes, however, at their behaviour. “What about you guys? And look at the road, not at me, Minhyuk hyung!”

 

“Relax. We’re at the studio already, I’m just parking,” Minhyuk chuckles as he pulls into an empty spot.

 

As the groupmates leave the vehicle and begin entering the studio, Yukwon calls for the sub-leader’s attention. “You know, we could’ve just bought him a cake. You didn’t have to go through all that trouble of making it.”

 

Kyung only smirks. “I know. But Jiho loves chocolate cake and making it at home just makes it all the more special. Plus, you all helped decorate it; so a lot of love went into this little pastry and I want him to get reminded of our family when he bites into it.”

 

“Pfft. You act like he’s gonna magically come home once he eats the cake,” Jaehyo adds dryly.

 

“Maybe not, but I’m sure he’ll appreciate it. Like it or not, he’s still our leader, he’s been through a lot.”

 

Yukwon grimaces. “Still, that doesn’t give him any excuses to be a ,” the kitty states. It’s Taeil who smacks the younger on the head this time “Language!”

 

“What?! It’s true. We all know how much of a jerk he’s been for the past what, year? All I’m saying, Kyung, is that you don’t have to go out of your way to defend him. He doesn’t deserve it.” Everyone stops in the lobby; Yukwon looks at Kyung honestly, but the latter is faced away from the rest of s. “You don’t deserve this,” he proceeds.

 

The 5 boys wait in silence for a response, not real

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter