Let's Start Over Again

Forget Me Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: So I know I said that I’ll try to be back quickly and maybe you guys won’t have to wait for months again… Well that went to . HAHA. Thank you for everyone who has stayed with this fanfiction for over a year now!! I have no words to describe my gratitude ♥

The reason this time for the -cough- unannounced hiatus is that my parents ended up divorcing a few months ago. And honestly, I was just not in a good headspace to write at all. I kinda felt like everything was just pummeling into me at such a hard, fast pace and I couldn’t do anything to stop it. I mean summer sessions at uni, my brother’s death, my parent’s divorce, and my car even got stolen off the driveway!! I still have midterm scheduled every thursday for the next 3 weeks but I wanted to take this time to write and release some of my anxiety.

Sorry for such a long author’s note. LOL. Well, as always, the story is not beta-ed and nothing really happens but enjoy until next time (Which will hopefully not be half a year)!

47 days. 1,128 hours. 67,680 minutes. Yet, the second Zico wasn’t there, was the time Kyung’s eyes finally opened. Light bleared through his unfocused eyes, causing the brunette to squeeze them shut. Taking a few breaths, he tries to open them again, blinking a couple times to clear his vision. 

Kyung registers several people in the small, pale room, a hospital room he notes. His eyes, however, are drawn to a figure who seems to be speaking to an elderly doctor. It is then that Dr. Song notices his patient. He looks in shock.

Minhyuk turns around to see what caught the doctor’s attention, only to be greeted by a dazed Kyung. “Oh my god, Kyung!” He shouts. The other members in the room quickly forget what they’re doing and rush to the bedside as soon as the words leave Minhyuk’s mouth. 

Everyone is shouting at the same time, asking if the cucumber is alright, spewing words of apologies, and the maknae even cries. But there is only ringing in Kyung’s ears, the heart monitor spikes, and his breathing becomes labored. A panic attack developing.

Dr. Song pushes the boys away from the frail boy, “Please back away and give him some space!”

Scared for their sub-leader, the members reluctantly shuffle back, making way for the doctor. Dr. Song gently places his hands on the brunettes shoulders, speaking softly as to not startle the poor boy. “Kyung-ssi, I am going to count to 10. Take deep breath with every number,” he says firmly.

Said patient looks straight at the doctor, gradually hearing and following his order.

Inhale. “One.” Exhale.

Inhale. “Two.” Exhale.

Inhale. “Three.” Exhale.

By the time Dr. Song reaches 10, Kyung is exhausted, easing back into his pillow. “Great job, Kyung,” The doctor smiles. “My name is Song Eunho. I am the doctor in charge of you. Please let me know if you are feeling any discomfort.”

Kyung opens his mouth to reply, but coughs roughly. “Here, drink this,” Jaehyo offers. The brunette manages to tilt his head back enough for the elder to bring fresh water to his lips. After a few greedy gulps, Jaehyo pulls the bottle away, not wanting his dongsaeng to upset choke. 

Kyung wipes the remanence of liquid away from his mouth and smiles shyly at the doctor. “E-excuse me. Thank you for taking care of me, Doctor,” the patient says.

“Aish, it is my job, Kyung-ssi. Now, if you are up for it, I would like to ask you a few questions,” the doctor says, already grabbing his clipboard from the table. Kyung simply nods, fiddling with the hem of his hospital gown as everyone’s attention focuses on him.

“Firstly, you do not have to answer if you do not want to or if you cannot remember. Don’t force yourself since you have only just woken up,” Dr. Song informs. Another nod from the patient and the doctor continues.

“What is your full name and your date of birth?”

“I’m Park Kyung and I was born on July 8th, 1992.”

“Good. Are you feeling any pain and if so, how much and where?”

“I’m okay right now…” Kyung says, but under the critical eyes of the 5 boys in the room, the brunette continues. “I am f-feeling a little sore in my left shoulder and leg though.”

“That is normal. If it becomes too painful, let me know and I will increase the dosage of your pain medication.” Kyung smiles gratefully, but shakes his head indicating that he truly was fine for now.
“Okay, now lastly, do you know why you are here, Mr. Park?”

Kyung takes a moment to remember what happened before he woke up. “Umm..I-I..” He squeezes his eyes shut, willing the memories to come back.

“No, it’s okay. Don’t push yourself too much. If you can’t remember, that is completely fine,” the doctor offers kindly.

The brunette opens his eyes, pulling up a blank. “I’m sorry Doctor. But I can’t seem to recall anything,” he pouts.

“I see. Well, Mr. Park, you were admitted here after being in a serious vehicular accident.” Dr. Song looks up from his clipboard allowing his patient a moment to absorb the information. Once it is clear that the brunette won’t have another panic attack, the doctor continues.

“The soreness you are feeling is coming from multiple fractures that occurred upon impact. Although none of the injuries will leave permanent damage, there will be some scarring. What we were most concerned about was your head. There was a lot of bleeding but we took care of it to the best of our abilities.”

“I-I don’t know what to say. I can’t thank you enough, Doctor. You saved my life.”

“Oh please. I was only doing my job, it was not a problem at all,” Dr. Song grins. “Now, do you remember who these people are,” he asks, pointing to the 5 boys in the room.

There is a moment of silence as the Block B members hold their breaths, waiting for the cucumber to reply. Kyung looks confusedly at the doctor which causes the boys to panic.

“Of course I do,” the brunette says as if it was the most absurd question he’s ever hear. “They’re my bandmates,” he smiles, “my precious brothers.”

An audible sigh of relief can be heard from all 5 members. Cautiously, Jihoon approaches his small hyung, and collapses onto the being, tears streaming down his face. “Kyungie-hyung! I’m so glad you’re okay. I was so scared,” the maknae wails, arms circling his hyung’s small waist.

Kyung winces at the impact, bringing a hand to rub soothing circles onto the monkey’s back. “Ahh, I’m sorry Hoonie. I’ve been such a bad hyung, worrying you like this,” he says softly.

“I thought you were never going to wake up,” Jihoon says, squeezing the elder harder. Hearing the cucumber whimper, Taeil pulls the maknae back by the collar of his shirt. “Uwah, hyung!” The monkey protests.

“Can’t you see you’re hurting him, you clueless giant!” The oldest member scolds. Jihoon looks back, noticing how tired and pained the smaller boy looked. “Mianhae, hyungie,” he apologizes.

Kyung waves the apology off, offering a faint smile. “It’s okay, Jihoon. Guess I’m still recovering from the accident. How long was I out?”

“Over a month now, Kyung,” Yukwon supplies.
Kyung’s eyes widen. “What…”

The room grows quiet. Minhyuk steps in, a supportive hand on the brunette’s shoulder. “You went into surgery right after the accident. The doctors and nurses did what they could but not even they knew when or if you were going to wake up,” the singer informs.

“Yeah, you took a pretty hard hit to the head, kid,” Yukwon adds unhelpfully.

The injured member slumps on his bed,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter