It's Your Fault

Forget Me Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi guys! It’s kinda one of those nights where I can’t sleep and I just really miss my brother. Anyway, I think you all have waited long enough for the next chapter.  I don’t really know about this one to be honest, I just had a compelling feeling to write at 3 in the morning, so here you go. Oh, and if you haven’t already, check out Block B’s new single YESTERDAY!! I hope you all have had wonderful holidays and enjoy this chappie~

“I can’t do this anymore, Jiho. I don’t even know who you are anymore.”

 

And as Kyung takes off, the rest of the group-mates can do nothing but stare helplessly on what has transpired. They are each reeling on how such an innocent occasion could turn so wrong, with hurtful words being said on both ends, so quickly.

 

Even as they hear the door slam shut behind them, the members remain still. It’s not until Zico’s phone begins vibrating mockingly again that everyone finally snaps back to reality.

 

Yukwon was the first to blow, storming up to Jiho, standing so close that their noses nearly touched.

“WHAT THE WAS THAT?! I cannot ing believe you, Ji,” the dancer snarls angrily.

 

The leader simply glares down at the elder and shoves him back before turning around and walking back towards his mixer. As he places a headset around his neck, the blonde nonchalantly says, “As I said, I really don’t have time for this right now. I seriously need to get this song done and if none of you are going to help, I suggest you follow suit after Kyung and- HEY!”

 

Zico doesn’t even get to finish his sentence as Jaehyo rips the headset away, fuming with his own discontent at the leader’s actions. “ ‘Don’t have time?’ ‘Don’t have time?!’ Well you’re gonna have to make some time because we are going to talk, and we are going to talk NOW,” the visual booms.

 

Pissed off, Zico faces Jaehyo, and as the two square each other off, Minhyuk breaks the tension. “Enough! Before any of us discuss the… problems,” he carefully emphasizes the word, “that we’ve been having lately, someone needs to go after Kyung. It’s getting dark outside and he is not in the right mindset to be wandering the streets alone.”

 

The members wince, remembering the last time Kyung was left outside and alone to the monsters in his mind. “I’ll go find him,” the giant maknae offers. With an approving nod from both Minhyuk and Taeil, Jihoon glares accusingly at their leader before taking his leave.

 

“Now that that is taken care of… Jiho, we really do need to talk,” Minhyuk declares. The remaining Block B members frown agreeingly towards the blonde.

 

Realizing that being defiant was going to get him nowhere, Zico sighs and takes a seat, rubbing his fingers against his temple. “Fine. What is this all about?”

 

The kitty scoffs, unimpressed. “This,” he stretches his arms dramatically forward, “is about how you have been a sorry excuse for a leader: ignoring our messages and phone calls, spending time away from the people you considered family at some point, ditching your boyfriend, which just so happens to be degrading himself just because you treat him like a goddamn burden. And, oh yeah, did I mention setting aside your own group to advance your own ing career?”

 

The younger’s face becomes red with fury as he stands up, jabbing his finger on the dancer’s chest. “I am working myself half to death for you guys! You all should know that better than anyone else. And if that means promoting myself so that we get more acknowledgement, then that is just something you guys are going to have to ing deal with.”

 

“That’s the thing, Jiho,” Taeil pipes from the doorway, tranquil as ever. If anything, he looked a little disappointed. “We shouldn’t have to deal with something like this. I am proud of you and your solo career,  we all are honestly. You are a fantastic producer, and some of your songs are truly only meant to be shared by you. But don’t use us as an excuse to promote yourself. If we wanted more recognition, we could’ve, no, should’ve done it together, as a team instead.”

 

“You’re wrong though, hyung! God, you guys just don’t see the bigger picture here,” Jiho aggravatingly says. The others stay silent, willing him to continue.

 

“I bust my day in and day out. Kyung and I had a plan, alright. As soon as I finished my tour, we would have a comeback and show the world how resilient Block B is. With the ongoing media coverage, we would finally get the recognition the we, that you all deserve. Yeah. the promotions and tour took a bit longer than I expected, but it would be worth it in the end. Because at the end of the day, no matter how little sleep I got, no matter how little I ate, no matter how absolutely drained I became, my brothers and I could say that we made it.”

 

Jiho pants after revealing all that information in one breadth. It actually takes the remaining 4 members a moment to absorb everything. However, Minhyuk speaks up, “I’m sorry that we failed to see just how hard you worked for our sake.”

 

The blonde sneers, about to make a snide comment, yet the ebony haired man continues. “But did the thought ever occur to you that maybe this is not what we wanted? Did you ever even ask us if this was the way we wanted to advance ourselves in the industry?”

 

Jiho looks at the elder surprisingly, completely caught off guard by the questions. “...I-I.”

 

“The answer is no, Jiho,” Minhyuk answers. “ What is the point of doing all of this if you’re killing yourself, if your members are unhappy, if your boyfriend is stressed to the point of breaking?” Minhyuk looks at their leader desperately for answers. “It’s not worth it, Ji. Because if we hate each other, making us hate our jobs, which is entertaining, then we haven’t made it at all. I love you like my own brother, and I couldn’t be any happier that you managed to be this successful on your own. But open your eyes and stop denying it; what you’re doing isn’t for us, it hasn’t been for a long time now.”

 

A silence rests uncomfortably among the 5 in the studio as Jiho thinks, and actually begins contemplating his actions in the past year. Have I really been doing this for myself? I mean, I’ve worked non stop for this long already… But who was I actually beating my for?

 

And realization finally sets in for the young leader. He was so caught up in the frenzy of being in the spotlight, that he didn’t notice that it wasn’t about s anymore; it was how he could remain relevant.

 

All this time, he told himself that it was his groupmates that was his motivation, but his selfishness was what caused all the problems. He forgot what it meant to be a leader, he forgot what it meant to be a team. And that forgetfulness eventually led to resentment towards his own members, because he felt like it was their fault for all his trouble and strain. Yet he didn’t realize that he was not only inflicting pain on himself, but for the people he initially did all this for.

 

A tear actually slips from the corner of Jiho’s eyes suddenly. And just as he was about to admit to the others about his revelations, Beast’s “YeY” begins playing in the once silent room. The tense silenece is interrupt but surprised stares. Jaehyo shuffles around for his cell phone bashfully, pulling it from his jean pocket. “Sorry, it’s Jihoonie.”

 

“Oh, did he find the cucumber yet,” Yukwon asks as the visual answers the call. Jaehyo’s facial expression suddenly turns worried as he lifts a finger, shushing the the kitty.

 

“Jihoon, calm down. I can’t underst- HOON! I can’t make out what you’re saying!” Everyone listens intently, their own worry seeping in at the panic of Jaehyo’s voice. “WHAT?! Oh my god! How the hell did this happen?!”

 

Minhyuk motions for the visual to sit down; Jaehyo, himself, looks like he is about to have a heart attack. “What’s going on, Jae,” Taeil inquires anxiously.

 

“Is he okay though… I mean did you see- Okay! Okay! Calm down, Hoonie. We’ll be right there, just send me the address. Alright, we’ll meet you at the hospital.”

 

As Jaehyo finishes the call, the others’ eyes widen as they simultaneously yell, “HOSPITAL?” The visual only clutches the phone on his lap, lips trembling as tears begin to slip from his eyes. Jiho kneels down in front of the elder, not wanting to startle the other. He places his hands on the singer’s shoulders tenderly, grabbing his attention. “Hyung, what happened,” he commanded more than asked.

 

Jaehyo doesn’t even look at the other, staring holes into his phone, impatiently waiting for the text. “Kyung… Kyunggie..huh. He got into a c-car accident,” he says in between hiccups. “Ji-jihoon said it was, huh, b-bad. There was a lot.. huh.. Of blood a-and he wasn’t b-breathing…” And that was it before Jaehyo’s whimpers turn into loud uncontrolled weeps.

 

Jiho brings the elder’s face down to the crook of his neck, shielding him away from the others. Consumed with his own concern, the blonde still manages a “Shhh. It’ll be okay, Jaehyo hyung.” He pats the man’s back soothing his cries. “Minhyuk hyung, get the car started. I need you to call the managers also, Taeil hyung. Yukwon and I will bring Jaehyo to the car once he sobers up a bit. Then we’ll all head to the hospital, got it?”

 

The members simply nod, and do what they’re told. A ping draws Jiho’s attention back to his crying hyung. “Hey, I need you to calm down for me, hyung. I think Jihoon just sent you the address and we’re going to need you to navigate. Can you do that for me?”

 

Jaehyo rubs at his eyes harshly and takes a deep breath. And as he lets it out, he looks up fiercely. “Of course I can,” he declares in a raspy voice. Yukwon and Zico both smile at their hyung’s motivation, and the trio makes their way to the vehicle downstairs.

 

🐷

The 5 members race to the front desk of the hospital as soon as the car is parked. Zico slams his hands in the counter loudly, scaring the receptionist at the front. “Umm, hello sir. How may I help you,” she asks with an displeases tone, but the blonde couldn’t bring himself to be angry.

 

“We are here to see Park Kyung. He was brought here not too long ago,” the Block B leader says impatiently.

 

The worker simply shrugs, completely ignoring the panic spread amongst the boys. “Please give me a moment while I check for the patient,” she says as she calmly returns her focus back on the computer screen.

 

“No! We know he’s here alright. We just need to see him,” Yukwon says angrily.

 

“I am going to need you men to calm down or take a seat just like everyone else here,” the receptionist says snarkily, waving them off as she types into her keyboard. Yukwon is literally about to pounce at the woman before Zico stops him, shaking his head in warning. The kitty only crosses his arms and huffs in annoyance.

 

It only takes a short moment before the lady speaks up again. “Ah yes, Park Kyung was it? He’s currently in the ER undergoing surgery. I’m sorry, but are you all family?”

 

Jaehyo’s mouth drops, “Does she seriously not know who we are?” Minhyuk only smacks him lightly on the shoulder, mouthing, “Not the time.”

 

The blonde doesn’t hear the conversation behind him though as he answers her quickly. “No ma’am. My name is Woo Jiho and the guys behind me are his bandmates. We got a call from our youngest about Kyung being in an accident s we ca-”

 

“Did you say Woo Jiho? You’re listed here as his priority contact. Sorry we did not notify you earlier, but you all may

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter