Better

Forget Me Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I've finally graduated and it's summer. I'M BACK! Sorry for such the long wait for this chapter, but I was pretty busy. I actually got in a car accident a week ago so I uploaded a bit later than expected D: Again, I sincerelt apologize, but now that I'm in summer, updates should be a lot quicker... maybe. I'm actually going to Anime Expo this week and even KCON in July!!  Haha, okay let's get to the story (I've just missed you guys so much!) Happy reading~

 

Kyung woke up to the sounds of laughter and something sizzling. His nose roused before his other senses, the aroma of sesame oil and kimchi filling his nasal delightfully. There was a sudden pang in his abdomen suddenly though, making him clutch onto the area with his uninjured hand. A low rumbling sound penetrated his ears, filtering the noises coming from the kitchen. To say Kyung was surprised was an understatement; it had been so long since he felt hungry that he nearly forgot what it was like. He laughed at his own reaction, stretching his unused muscles. Ahh. It feels so good to sleep all night.

 

“Look! Sleeping beauty is finally awake.” Yukwon’s cheerful voice finally brings him out of his sleepy daze.

 

Kyung struggles to push himself up with his elbows when multiple hands are on his back instantaneously, aiding him up. Kyung mutters a quick thanks to Jaehyo and Jihoon for their help, in which they return with a kind smile. It was then that Kyung realized that they were in the living room, stacks of futons and pillows pushed to the side. Kyung blinks, confused.

 

“Did we all sleep in the living room last night?” Kyung looks around at the others for an answer.

 

“Mhmm. After… uh, the ‘incident’ last night, we thought you would feel better if everyone was with you when you woke,” Minhyuk replies from the kitchen table. “Yeah, we just didn’t know you were gonna be knocked out until 3 in the afternoon.” Yukwon adds, still stirring whatever was in the pan in front of him. The rest of the members laugh light-heartedly at the comment.

 

Kyung though, feels incredibly embarrassed and guilty about the events the spurred last night at the mention of “incident.” It wasn’t just an incident, he completely had a mental breakdown in front of them. He tried to hold it together, but the affairs from yesterday were just too much that he couldn’t handle it anymore. I’m such an idiot. What was I even thinking last night, how could I have hindered them with my problems?

 

Sensing the brunette’s dejection by his quick change in expression Jihoon jumps at the shorter and envelops him in a hug, similar to their position the other night. Before Kyung could protest however, the maknae speaks assertively. “Don’t make that face, hyung. We don’t blame you for anything that happened the other day, so just… just let us be there for you.”

 

He doesn’t even have time absorb the younger’s words when another voice chimes in. “Hoon’s right. Trust us more, Kyung. We’re right here, waiting for you.” Taeil smiles gently, body leaning on the counter.

 

Even with their words, Kyung still feels conflicted. “I do trust you guys…”

 

“No, not that trust. Trust us with your responsibilities. Trust us with your feelings. Trust us to be there for you whenever something’s bothering you. Entrust us with all of it. You’re our beloved brother, Kyung.” Minhyuk looks Kyung dead in the eye, voice laced with assurance.

 

Yukwon stops stirring the food to look at the brunette in the living room also. “Yeah bro. You always say how we are a family. Well it’s time to listen to your own words. Let us be your family, lean on us, even if it’s just a little.”

 

“You are just as important to us as we to you. It hurts us so much to see you like this, so please, rely on your hyungs and dongsaeng.” Jaehyo holds onto the younger’s hands, making sure he would feel the elder’s conviction, all of their conviction.

 

“But… You guys were so down when J-Jiho left. I-I just couldn’t add onto your baggage. I was so scared that we would fall apart and I didn’t know how to fix it,” Kyung explains. The truth of his greatest fears, the reasons behind his actions, they all come gushing out. “I was afraid that you all would leave me, just like Jiho, one by one. I mean, if our leader left, you had no reason to stay either… And I had just lost one of my best friends, not knowing when or if he even wants to come back. I lost someone I cared about so much, who I thought felt the same. I couldn’t… I couldn’t lose you guys too. I-I distanced myself so you guys wouldn’t have more incentive to leave, so that it would hurt less when you did…”

 

Without even realizing when they had moved, Kyung found himself wrapped in a group hug with his groupmates. He looks at each of their genuinely caring faces. “We will never, never leave you. Jiho-ssi hasn’t either. We regretted what we said to you that day 7 months ago the very moment you went into your room. And we never had the chance to say sorry. But Kyung, we are apologizing now. We are so sorry for what we told you, please forgive us.” Minhyuk initiates the ripples of apologies that quickly follow.

 

“I couldn’t hold that against you guys. You were just frustrated with the situation,” Kyung starts.

 

But Jaehyo interrupts. “It still gave us no right to say what we did. Just know that we meant none of it. You are more important to us than you know.” Kyung’s eyes begin to tear up at their words, from pure happiness. He nods his head frivolously trying to convey that he forgave them. They chuckle at his actions.

 

“And Kyung? Thanks. Thanks for letting us in,” Yukwon adds, notorious cheshire smile creeping on the kitty’s lips. At that, the brunette lets his tears fall freely. He wiggles his arms around all of their bodies trying to hug all of them, and to hide his ugly cries. But the cucumber is too small to do so. The members giggle at his futile attempts and decide to help him by snuggling closer to each other. This little action just makes Kyung cry even harder. What did I ever do to deserve them?

 

“Yah! Enough brat. You cry more than our maknae here. Haha.” Taeil teasingly chides the other. The members hear a muffled “ you” in return and bursts into boisterous laughter, still huddled awkwardly, but lovingly, in the center of their living room.

🐷

Moments after their hugfest, Kyung’s stomach growls loudly. “Since when did we own a pet tiger?” Kyung shyly hides his face at Jaehyo’s joke.

 

“Alright! Let’s go eat my kimchi fried rice,” Yukwon announces. Kyung eyes widen remembering that he was supposed to make them the dish for dinner, before everything that happened. “Ah, I forgot to make dinner last night. Where did you guys even find ingredients for the dish?”

 

“Don’t worry about it. Hanbin-ssi came by this morning with the groceries. He said you forgot it when you left with Jiho the other day,” Jihoon informs. Kyung simply nods in understanding.

 

Taeil brings over the bowls and utensils while  Yukwon sets the pan of fried rice in the middle of the table. The members get themselves situated around the dinner table. Jihoon walks around to pour everyone a cup of water before taking a seat himself.

 

They say their thanks and begin to dig into the prepared dish.

 

“Wah, the eggs are burnt, Yukwon! And isn’t the rice a bit too salty?” Said person chucks a spoon towards Jaehyo’s direction, to which he barely dodges. “Why don’t you make the food yourself next time, huh? If you’re going to complain, then starve,” the kitty threatens. Wisely, Jaehyo shuts his mouth and continues eating.

 

I should give Hanbin a call to thank him, Kyung thinks in the midst of their brunch. He pulls out his cell phone and is about to give the younger a call when he sees 16 unread messages displayed over the screen. The cucumber unlocks his phone and nearly chokes on his food when he sees who the messages are from: Namjachingu Pabo ♥ the caller ID reads.

 

Again, Kyung finds himself looking across the table at the empty seat and equally empty bowl left for said person. Nevertheless, the brunette begins reading the texts, not recalling the last time they messaged each other. It was usually just Kyung reminding the other to eat or asking how his day was or something trivial like that. Jiho stopped replying after a few weeks, but Kyung continued to text him anyway finding comfort in the fact that his messages were at least being read.

 

[3:28 PM] Jiho: Sorry about earlier, Kyunggie. I’m at the studio rn for an urgent recording. How’s the movie?

 

[4:02 PM] Jiho: Look, I know ur prolly mad at me, but I swear, it was super DUPER urgent. Talk to me babe! D:

 

[4:23 PM] Jiho: KYUNGGGGGGGG pls pls answer me babe. The movie should be over by now…

 

[4:30 PM] Jiho: R u ignoring me on purpose???

 

[5:11 PM] Jiho: I’m done recording! What r u up to? Jagi, I said I was sorry. I’ll make it up to u kay?

 

[5:22 PM] Jiho: Srsly… This

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter