Do You Remember

Forget Me Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Yay! Another update! Thank you to all that have subscribed and commented. Again, sorry for the mistakes, I'll probably go back and fix each chapter when I have time. Good Reading~

Kyung groaned as he woke up to the sounds of laughter from the kitchen. He rubbed his eyes and shifted a bit when he realized there was a larger, snoring figure beside him with an arm slung over his waist. Kyung sprung up at the intruder’s presence. Could it be?! “Jiho?” He looked up quickly hoping that his boyfriend was finally home.

 

To his disappointment, he saw the monkey lying on the couch, deep in slumber. The sight of the younger snoring so loudly made him feel a little better though, as he got up and placed a nearby blanket on the dozing giant. “How long was I out?” Kyung thought aloud.

 

“It’s already noon, Kyung. We came out for breakfast earlier and found you two out cold on the sofa.” Minhyuk answered from the kitchen table.

 

The brunette turned his head towards the sound of the voice, finding the rest of Block B at the table. They were all dressed in their day clothes and having afternoon tea with some snacks. “Oh shoot! I didn’t make lunch yet, huh? I am so sorry guys, I should’ve gotten up earlier.” Kyung zoomed to the fridge looking for any ingredients he can put together for lunch quickly.

 

Jaehyo came over and closed the fridge. “Kyung, relax. Minhyuk hyung already bought some food for us earlier. We’re good. We saw you and the monkey brat sleeping earlier and didn’t have the heart to wake you guys.”

 

“Yeah! And we even got pictures for blackmail later on. Haha” Minhyuk declared loudly as he proudly held up Yukwon’s phone.

 

“Aish, you… I still don’t understand why it’s on my phone. I barely have enough storage now because of you!”

 

Kyung couldn’t help but let out a laugh at his brothers. “Well, I guess that’s that. Still, I feel bad. How about I make some kimchi fried rice for us later?” The brunette suggested knowing how all of them love his fried dish. The excited nods he got in return only made his mood brighter.

 

“By the way, how early were the two you up for that brat to be snoozing so heavily over their?” Taeil asked the younger since he remembered them going to bed pretty late last night.

 

“Oh, I was already awake when Jihoon came out. It was maybe 5 or 6 in the morning. He was still so out of it that he knocked over the pic-”

 

“Wait, did you say you were up before 5 in the morning? What time did you actually wake up, Kyung? Because I heard you showering last night and it was already midnight.” The happy atmosphere instantly dropped. The realization of the Minhyuk’s discovery directing everyone’s attention to the brunette.

 

“Uh, I really don’t see how that matters…” Kyung begins rubbing his hands together out of nervousness.

 

“It matter to us, man. What time did you sleep, or did you even sleep at all?” Yukwon, usually the goofball, is completely serious out of concern for one his best friends, a person he considers a little brother.

 

“I-I… I just haven’t been sleeping well, alright? It’s nothing you guys have to worry yourself over so don’t. Seriously, what’s up with the third degree?” Kyung stammers out coldly, but he felt like bolting at that very moment.

 

“Kyung, we’re just worried about you. We’re your family too and just-”

 

“You guys are so loud. Can’t get a wink of shut eye.” Jihoon comes out of nowhere, awoken by the chatting group in the kitchen.

 

Not realizing that he just interrupted a serious conversation, the maknae innocently blinks at the 5 members in the kitchen who are staring at him. “Umm, did I miss something?”

 

Kyung take this opportunity and quickly answers before the others could. “No! We were, uh, we were just talking about what to eat for dinner. Kimchi fried rice sound good?” Confusedly, Jihoon nods his head. “Umm, sure…”

 

“Look, Kyung,” Minhyuk starts.

 

But Kyung was having none of it. “Great! I’m gonna go to the grocery store to pick up some things. So when I get back, you can help me make food again, yeah?”

 

“I don’t think that’s such a good idea, hyung.” Jihoon tries to tell the other.

 

Completely ignoring the the younger, Kyung grabs the keys and hurriedly leaves the building with a shout of “I’ll be home later,” before shutting the front door.

 

Once again, Kyung leaves the remaining members alone in the kitchen. A sense of deja vu hits the Block B members as this was the exact same thing that happened last night, but sadly, they were the ones who pushed him away this time.

 

They were all still staring at the door when Taeil speaks up. “Does he realize that he’s still in his pj’s?”

~~~~~🐷~~~~~

Kyung regrets leaving the dorm in such a haste when he gets a glimpse of his outfit in the reflection of some thrift store. “Ugh. Seriously?”

 

He looks over his messy bed hair, the strands sticking out at odd angles. He’s once again wearing one of Jiho’s sweaters, the sleeves covering the tip of his fingers. The red neckline is a bit too large for his small frame so it exposes his collarbones. And to top it all off, he’s in his most comfortable joggers and a pair of old slippers.

 

All in all, he looked more like a resident homeless man on the street rather than a well known idol. “I guess it can’t be helped. I am not going home, at least not yet.” Kyung lets out a sigh as he thinks about the other members. I messed up again. Aish, Kyung. Get yourself together so the members don’t have to worry about you anymore.

 

Kyung looks around to see where he is currently, trying to remember the route to the grocery store. Although he could drive and does own a car, the brunette always preferred walking.

 

It’s something about the way the breeze rushes over his face and how easily he could observe everything. He sees the birds flying together in that signature “V” shape, he sees father carrying his baby girl over his head, both laughing loudly, he sees an elderly woman painting the scene of the boisterous city life in front of her, he sees the smoke from a lit cigar swirl into unidentifiable shapes and figures.

 

Walking tends to calm any of his raging nerves, giving him space and and an eerie emptiness in his over-worked mind. No one really bothers him or notices him, given his unappealing outfit, he just blends in with the rest of the city dwellers.

 

As his mind clears, making way for his quiet observations, he sees a young couple walking into a movie theater. The way they hold onto each other tightly, the loving looks passed between the two, and how they look as if the other was their entire universe. And everything comes crashing back to him.

 

He remembers Jiho’s callused hands grasped in his smaller, softer ones, his thumb gingerly rubbing the back of Kyung’s own. He remembers the not-so secret, loving glances every time they performed on stage, speaking more words than they both needed. He remembers the spontaneous midnight date Jiho would take them to whenever their schedules were open. He remembers the illuminating glow of the candles, the boldness of the moon watching over them, the sweet whispers passed between them. Kyung remembers all of it.

 

And with each memory, he feels his heart break more and more, and it’s unbearable. His head is suddenly filled with the too many bright signs and lights, the sounds of the honking cars and chattering civilians, the suffocating heat emitting from the car engines, the smell of the smog and garbage.

 

It’s too much. Kyung shuts his eyes and covers his ear, trying to escape the overwhelming city. Calm down, Kyung. Breath, in and out, just breath. His attempts of reassuring himself is futile though as someone accidentally bumps into him.

 

Someone grabs his arms and pulls him away from the crowd though. Relief fills the short brunette as he takes in a couple more breaths, hand on his chest.

 

When he is finally calm enough, Kyung straightens his back. Jesus, I haven’t had a panic attack since the time I went to Lotteworld with Jih-

 

Kyung snaps his head up abruptly. Turning to face the stranger who he expected to be none other than his boyfriend.

 

“Are you okay now, hyung I thought it was you, but I wasn’t so sure because, ah, how should I say this? You’re usually, um, dressed more… formally?” The iKon leader rubs the back of his head as he greets the shorter.

 

Kyung recognizes the younger right away. Shoving away his disappointment for mistaking someone else for his boyfriend the second time that day, he smiles and  greets the other. “Hanbin, it’s good to see you. What are you doing here? How have you been?”

 

The two friends hug each other, albeit awkwardly because of Kyung’s height and the younger not wanting to be rude. “I was on my way to go grab some food, but then I saw you over there… umm, kinda freaking out I guess.” Hanbin rubs the back of his head again sheepishly, not wanting to pry the elder.

 

Kyung blushes at the fact that Hanbin saw him have a panic attack, and even pulled him away from the busy street. It’s Kyung’s turn to laugh sheepishly. “Oh, you saw that? Haha. It happens sometimes, don’t worry about.”

 

“Are you sure you’re okay? Do you want me to call Jiho to pick you up or something?” Hanbin asks the other out of genuine concern. Kyung didn’t look very well earlier and Jiho would have his head if he let his precious boyfriend faint.

 

“Really, I’m fine. I was just about to go shopping for some food at the grocery store.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter