#9: Doubt

My Lover, Your Babysitter

#9: Doubt

"Why are they taking ten years, I'm starving." Jackson complained as he leaned on Mark whose carrying Jade in his arm, laughing at him.

"Stop being dramatic, you won't die so easily." Mark said causing the younger to pout while his daughter giggled, pinching his cheeks in amusement.

The trio is currently standing and waiting at the lobby area for the others so that they can have breakfast together.

"Hey, isn't that Soyeon?" Mark pointed out when he saw the lady at the reception with her bags causing Jackson to look her way too.

"Soyeon shii." Jackson called out, waving to the lady who smiled when she spotted them, making her way towards them.

"Good morning!" Soyeon greeted brightly, smiling at them before waving cutely at the five year old.

"Where are you going? Aren't we leaving in the evening?" Jackson asked after exchanging greeting with the lady who just smile and nodded.

"Yes but I decided that I will be leaving first. I don't think things will work out between me and Yugyeom shii. I'm sorry that if I had to make you passed that message to him, Jackson shii. You and your lovely family has been very nice and inviting to me, thank you." So yeon thanked, looking at Mark and Jade too with a big smile while Jackson mentally sighed, which women would stay after seeing the way Yugyeom acted yesterday.

"No, Soyeon shii. I understand, thank you for spending the last two weeks with him. I know, it must be stressful with Omma pressing in on the matter." Jackson apologized, knowing that things hasn't been easy for the lady since Mrs Kim decided that she will be Yugyeom's fiance and future wife.

"Don't worry about Mrs Kim, I will talk to her personally." Soyeon assured, knowing how hard it's to handle the intimidating elder.

Jackson nodded before they bidded goodbye to the sweet lady that got picked up by her driver soon after.

"It's such a waste, she is such a sweet person." Jackson commented, sighing as he look at Mark who nodded, agreeing with him.

“Morning! Sorry, we are late.” Jaebum’s voice was heard before he appeared with an awkward Youngjae by his side, the pair exchange looks before looking at the two again which caused Jackson to finally noticed the gauze on the younger’s secretary arm.

“What happened to you, Young? It looks bad.” Jackson exclaimed worriedly, immediately by Youngjae’s side as he examined the younger’s arm.

“I...accidently fall and cut it. It’s nothing.” Youngjae muttered out after debating with himself since he clearly got the cut during his escape out of the room when he accidentally bumped into the sharp edge of a dresser.

“Gosh, be careful. You are too precious to be injured like this.” Jackson scolded lightly, ruffling the younger’s hair lovingly causing Youngjae to nod before pulling the older into a sudden hug, he really needed that hug.

Mark just looked at them, trying his best to keep a smile on his face but seeing that scene just makes his heart feel heavy and it didn’t go unnoticed by Jaebum or Jade.

Jaebum knows that things will get pretty messy if Youngjae really do have a thing for Jackson and he clearly knows that Jackson aren’t making it any better by being super sweet with him in front of his own boyfriend.

“Papa..” Jade called out causing Mark to instantly turned, nodding at her to continue but the child only smile before wrapping her arms around the older’s neck, somehow comforting him.

“Alright, enough fussing on him. Let’s go, I’m starving.” Jaebum said, dragging the currently nagging Jackson with him while Mark and Youngjae awkwardly trailed behind them side by side.

When they reached the eating hall, Jackson immediately offered to get Youngjae his food after they pick a table while leaving Mark to deal with Jade and his own plate.

“Dear, seat here first with Uncle Youngjae. I’m gonna get our food.” Mark said, smiling at the child after he puts her down in her seat, ignoring the fact that Jackson just when off without caring even about Jade.

“Jacks, aren’t you supposed to accompany Mark?” Jaebum asked when he saw the older by himself picking food to put on his and Jade’s plate while Jackson is busy filling up Youngjae’s plate.

“It’s fine, I will help him once I deliver this to Young.” Jackson answered without much thought as he pile two more sausages onto the plate before walking off to the table.

Jaebum sighed at his best friend obliviousness before making his way to Mark who just smile upon seeing him, continue to picking a few pieces of bacon for Jade.

“How are you feeling?” Jaebum asked as he helped the older to get two cups of juice since Mark’s hands are full from the two plates while he got a free hand to spare.

“Alright, I guess. I didn’t think too much of it.” Mark said, knowing clearly what the other meant especially after the whole deal with Youngjae, yesterday.

“Exactly, you shouldn’t. You are his boyfriend, nobody should make you feel any lesser.” Jaebum said with an encouraging smile causing Mark to nod, muttering a soft ‘thank you’.

“Hey, you are my cutie. Of course, I will protect you.” Jaebum said teasingly causing the older to blushed a little as he chuckled, making their way back to the table without realizing Jackson’s eyes on them.

“Oops, I forgot to grab my own drink.” Jaebum exclaimed once they settled down causing Mark to smile before getting up to get a cup for the other.

“Thank you, Cutie.” Jaebum teased causing Mark to grinned before resuming to settling down and started eating with Jade, not noticing Jackson’s and Youngjae’s eyes on them.

“Since when you guys got this close?” Jackson commented, hint of jealousy clear in his voice that Jaebum just smile to himself while Mark just stay quiet, looking at him.

“Jackson hyung, aren’t you gonna get your food?” Youngjae asked, breaking the tense silence between the pair which caused Jackson to reach out for Mark’s fork and took a bite of his omelette.

“I’m gonna share a plate with Mark, right Yi En?” Jackson exclaimed, looking straight at the older who just sighed before pushing the plate to him, surprising the young president.

“Go ahead, I’m not that hungry.” Mark said, avoiding his eyes before he turned to focus on the lost Jade which cause the younger to pout before sulking, purposely ignoring Mark the whole time as he chatted away with Youngjae.

Mark could see from the corner of his eyes that Jackson wasn’t really affected anyway, it makes him feel more out of place now especially seeing how they are laughing and whispering into each other ear by now.

“Good morning.” A voice was heard before a rather shameless Yugyeom took his seat beside Mark, surprising everyone at the table including an immediately frowning Jade.

“Why? I can’t share a table now.” Yugyeom snicked before stuffing food into his mouth while the others watches him acting like nothing happened last night.

“Do you even realise that someone is missing? Soyeon shii, do you even know she left earlier?” Jackson exclaimed in disbelief, he seriously couldn’t understand how shameless the younger can be.

“So? It’s good, I don’t need her anyway.” Yugyeom answered causing Mark to reached out for his juice unconsciously before throwing it to the unexpected younger face.

“What the..” Yugyeom hissed in surprise, glaring at him while everybody just stare in shock at the action that just happened.

“You don’t need her? It’s more like you don’t deserve her, a person like you don’t even know what love is.” Mark said, words coming out of his mouth like water that it scares him.

“Yi En..” Jackson called out weakly, approaching to hold him but Mark found himself shrugging the younger’s hand off before he turn to look at his boss straight.

“I’m tired, I’m gonna rest. Have fun with the others.” Mark said before walking away straight because he could feel tears threatening to fall, it’s just been a tough emotional ride for him the last few days.

“What are you doing, go after him?” Jaebum exclaimed but instead Jackson just plopped down back in Mark’s previous seat before focusing on the confused Jade.

Jackson didn’t know why but maybe, it was true that Mark got tired of being there for him and Jade without realizing the pain that Mark goes through for him while Youngjae watches the older and frown, how can Mark treat Jackson just like that over Yugyeom.

####

Mark stares at the reflection that greeted him in the mirror, he sighed in relief when he noticed that the puffiness around his eyes as disappeared and only just a bit of redness left.

The moment he step into their room a few hours ago, he had bundle up like a ball under the blanket and cried his frustration away, it was a way to let out all the feeling for him.

He freshen his face before exiting the bathroom and settling on the couch, feeling rather not in the mood to do anything other than watching the view that’s provide by the balcony.

While zoning out, the ex-secretary heard the bell rang causing him to quickly answer, wondering who's at the door.

“Youngjae..” Mark uttered out in surprise, he wasn’t really expecting to see the younger here since he was suppose to hang out with the others.

“Come in..” The older offered awkwardly, moving aside to let the younger in but instead Youngjae just shook his head with an unreadable expression.

“ It’s fine, I just come here to ask you something.” Youngjae said seriously causing Mark to slowly nod, wondering what got the usual cheery younger this serious.

“Do you really love Jackson hyung?” Youngjae asked, looking straight at Mark who was taken aback by the sudden question.

“Youngjae…” Mark started but he was cut by the younger, looking so serious and intense as he watches him.

“I’m asking you, why can’t you answer me? You are just playing around, right?” Youngjae hissed, he clearly was losing his patience with the older in front of him that looks in hesitation.

“No, it’s not like that...I..” Mark tried to explained but once again the younger cut him, this time with a clearly unamused expression.

“If you don’t love him, leave. He don’t need someone like you, he has a lot of others that loves him.” Youngjae warned loud and clear that Yugyeom who's hiding nearby could hear it too.

Yugyeom had plan to confront Mark about earlier when he noticed the others are still busy enjoying their day walking around but when he spotted Youngjae at the door whose pressing the bell, he decided to hide nearby and eardrop on the conversation.

“Mark hyung…” A super familiar voice was heard before Mark could react causing them both to turn towards the source, both surprised by Yugyeom’s appearance.

“Yu..gyeom...what...ar.e..you...doin..g..he..re?” Mark stuttered out in surprised, he really don’t need the other here when he haven’t even clear the mess with Youngjae.

“Aren’t you the one that ask me to meet up here, to spend sometime alone..” Yugyeom answered with a lost tone, confusion on his face as he looked at the other two causing Youngjae to scoff at the absurdity he witnessing.

“ You...I finally see what’s going on now..great job Mark hyung.” Youngjae snickered before walking off leaving the poor Mark with the smirking Yugyeom.

“What the hell are you doing?” Mark hissed as he stare at the younger in disbelief, how much more mess is the other trying to create for him.

“Didn’t I said that you are mine? I’m just getting rid of the disturbance. Aren’t you happy that we are finally alone?” Yugyeom said, smirking as he got closer before caressing Mark’s cheeks causing the older to immediately slapped his hand away.

“I don’t know how long you gonna keep up with your sick games but I’m tired so get out of sight.” Mark hissed low at him before going in and slamming the door on Yugyeom’s face, he really had enough of all these nonsense.

Taking a deep breath, he decided to return back to the couch and uses the television in front of him to distract himself and luckily it did for the next two hours until he heard the door opens and come in Jackson with an asleep Jade in his arms.

Without a single word exchange, Mark got up to help Jackson and tugged the asleep child under the blanket before things got awkward when he caught his boss staring at him as he seat by the asleep Jade, watching her sleep with a small smile.

 “Yi En..” Jackson called out softly, breaking the ongoing silence since he entered the room, watching the older who clearly looked off since he entered.

“Yes…” Mark answered back in the same tone, looking up at his boss who suddenly took a seat in front of him before taking both of his hands into his own causing Mark to stiffen up a bit.

“I’m sorry…” Jackson apologized, looking at the older who slowly looked at him in confusion, he wasn’t sure if the younger did anything wrong in the first place since he is just a fake boyfriend.

“For?” Mark urged on, looking at the younger who just sighed before cracking into a small smile when he notice the pure confusion on Mark’s face.

“Everything, it must have been hard for you.” Jackson said, smiling causing Mark’s heart to melts, it somehow feels good to be appreciate by someone after everything he when through today, especially.

“Ka Yee…” Mark uttered out, looking at the younger straight causing the younger to nod, waiting for him to continue patiently.

“Thank you…” Mark thanked causing Jackson to returned that expression that was on him earlier which caused the older to break into a bigger smile.

“Thank you for everything, that you had done for me.” Mark continued on with pure sincerity on his face which makes his boss shook his head before pulling the older into his embrace.

“No, if it wasn’t for you, Jade wouldn’t be this happy now. You definitely brighten her life. You should know how important you are to her and…” Jackson whispered out, letting out his inner feeling but the moment was quickly disrupted by his phone buzzing in his jeans pocket.

“You should pick that up.” Mark said, feeling a bit sad that he didn’t get to hear what the other had to say until the end.

“Yes, Gyeom...Youngjae? Alright, I will be there.” Jackson said as he picked up the call in distress after reluctantly letting the older go.

“You should go, couldn’t keep him waiting.” Mark said with a forced smile as he got up from the bed before heading to the couch while Jackson just sighed as he makes his way over to Yugyeom’s room.

“What’s wrong?” Jackson asked, the moment the door swing opened as he was greeted by an annoyed Yugyeom while he could hear sobs coming from inside.

“Ask that idiot over there, he’s being annoying.” Yugyeom commented, pointing inside as he moved aside so that Jackson can enter, surprised to see Youngjae sobbing in a corner with his backpack.

“Young..” Jackson called out softly as he closed in on the younger who slowly looked up before instantly running into his embrace like a child, making Yugyeom rolled his eyes at the scene.

Jackson turned to looked around, noticing nothing different about the room until he caught a sight of a lady exiting the bathroom, all dolled up before leaving the room after kissing Yugyeom on the cheek.

“What? He never see someone making out before, he never make out before? Why is he crying like a three year old?” Yugyeom exclaimed in defence after noticing the look Jackson was sending him upon spotting the lady.

“Let’s go.” Jackson said, sighing as he dragged the sobbing younger out of the room while Yugyeom only slammed the door after them before throwing the locket necklace that’s hanging on his neck on to the ground, making it break opened to show a picture of a six year old Youngjae and five year old Yugyeom, hugging with grins on their face.

When the door to the room finally opened again, Mark wasn’t really surprised to see Youngjae with Jackson as his boss settled the younger on the other end of the couch, settling himself in between them, both.

“Yi En, Youngjae can stay here until we leave, right?” Jackson asked after helping with the younger’s backpack, turning to look at Mark who of course just nodded, what else can he say at this point.

Mark tries hard to focus on the television but it was hard especially with how Youngjae was cuddled up in Jackson’s arm right beside him while his boss whispered comforting words into his ear.

It makes him feel all weird inside to witness that sight that at the end, he ended up leaving them alone with a heavy heart as he headed for the balcony, taking in some fresh air while wishing that time to leave will come faster.

Without Mark realizing, Jackson was watching him from afar while wishing how he could be wrapping his arms around the older’s waist and enjoy the view together but right now, he needs to be there for the clearly heartbroken Youngjae who witnessed something that he shouldn’t in that room.

####

Weeks passed by since the trip, the trip that makes Mark realized that he don’t know Jackson Wang well after all and he didn’t plan to know more either because it will be just harder for him to detached later.

During this period of time, the ex-secretary did a lot of thinking about this situation and Mark had come to a decision that maybe he shouldn’t get too involved or attached after all because at some point his position gonna be replace by the rightful owner, Youngjae.

He was sure that Jackson would be just fine as long there’s Youngjae with him like how he had work overtime and sleepover at Youngjae’s this past two weeks while working on some big and important project with the reason that the secretary's apartment were nearer to the office.

Mark never really question though, he just nodded to those words and continue his duty as Jade’s babysitter, spending his days accompanied by the lovely five year old that keeps his mind off his boss.

“Papa, look at my drawing!” Jade appeared from her room, skipping over to the kitchen to show Mark her drawing of the three of them.

Mark smiled, turning off the stove before squatting down in front of the child, looking at her colourful drawing, it was a picture of her in the middle, holding both his and Jackson’s hand on either side.

“Beautiful! Good job, Dear.” Mark complimented, patting her head which caused the excited child to grinned, jumping straight into her Papa’s arms.

“It’s for Daddy, he is coming home tonight, right?” Jade exclaimed excitedly as she rested her head on Mark’s shoulder, eyes watching her Papa.

“Yes, you missed Daddy, right?” Mark said, smiling as he pinched the child’s nose lovingly before scooping her up and plopping themselves on the couch.

“Yes, you missed him too Papa?” The child asked curiously, staring at the taken aback Mark who just slowly nodded, not knowing how to answer that.

“Daddy is naughty, he make us missed him. He always with Uncle Youngjae.”Jade complained, plopping her head down at Mark’s lap after putting her drawing carefully aside.

Mark chuckled at the cute pout on Jade’s face, remind him of Jackson whenever he scolded him as he her hair while the child plays with his hand and fingers.

“It’s because of work, Dear. He is working hard for you.” Mark reasoned, pinching those chubby cheeks that cause Jade to pout even more, hiding her face at Mark’s stomach.

“I’m home.” Jackson’s voice was heard after Mark heard the jingling of keys before the house door opened causing Jade’s head to immediately pops up, a grin on her face.

“Daddy!” Jade squealed in delight as she jumped off the couch and run straight into her father's waiting arms before Jackson give her small kisses everywhere on her face.

“Yi En.” Jackson called out as he noticed the older nearby who's watching them with a small smile, immediately approaching him after carrying the excited Jade in his arm.

“Hey, dinner's ready. Take a seat first.” Mark said before walking away, not even letting Jackson say anything as he head to the kitchen and plated their serving of his chinese styled fried rice with fried dumpling as a side since both, father and daughter loves it.

When he approached the dining table, Mark could see the pair busy chatting away as he slowly prepare the table before Jade took her seat and they started eating dinner with Jade’s voice serving as background noise.

Jackson look over at the quiet older who seems to be even quieter that he originally is after that trip, even though he was busy with the big project and all but that doesn’t mean he didn’t notice the changes in Mark who seems so distant and quiet recently.

It almost feel like as if Mark is avoiding or ignoring him at times that it obviously hurt him, he wasn’t used to such a distance Mark and even though the older is originally quiet, he had never been this quiet at all.

When he did ask Mark if he was alright, it was always the same nod that he received but not a single word that it frustrate him at times, he just can’t understand what on Mark’s mind.

Just like that, dinner time passed by and Mark return back to the kitchen with the dirty dishes and utensils while he leave Jade in Jackson’s care.

“Daddy, do you missed me?” Jade asked out of a sudden, seated on her father’s lap as they just settled themselves on the couch, waiting for Mark.

“Of course, Bunny. I missed you lots.” Jackson answered, patting his daughter’s head before giving a kiss on the cheek causing the five year old to giggled.

“Papa?” Jade asked again, unexpectedly causing Jackson’s mind to breakdown, it feels weird if he admits his feeling to his daughter but he ended up doing it anyway.

“O..f cour..se..” Jackson stuttered out like an idiot causing the five year old to chuckled at her father’s cuteness before suddenly turn quiet, like as if she is thinking hard.

“Can I ask something?” The child asked after a pause, seriousness on her face that caused her father to immediately nod, giving her his full attention.

“Why are you always with Uncle Youngjae, Daddy? Papa is sad.” Jade asked, shocking Jackson since he obviously didn’t see that coming from the five year old.

“It’s because of work, Bunny but why did you said that? Why is Papa, sad?” Jackson answered before asking, wondering if the child knows something that he didn’t.

“I heard Uncle Youngjae shouting at Papa, I was scared that I didn’t opened my eyes...” Jade said, confusing Jackson even more but luckily she continued after that pause.

“Papa puts me to sleep but I can’t really sleep well because of pain….” Jade continued, pointing to her knees that recently got scraped, telling Jackson exactly the timeframe of the incident.

“I can hear Papa, Uncle JB and Uncle Youngjae talking but suddenly he shouted but I don’t know what he said...Papa look sad after that.” Jade explained to her best ability, obviously worried about her rather sad and gloomy Papa.

“Thank you, Bunny. Don’t worry about, Papa. Daddy will do something, alright.” Jackson said, thanking the child as he hug her tight while thinking of ways to find out what actually happened between Mark and Youngjae.

“Papa, Daddy said that he missed you too.” Jade announced happily when she noticed Mark approaching them at the couch causing both adult to blush a bit.

With Jade insistence Mark found himself seated beside his boss with the excited Jade cheering at how both her Daddy and Papa is here with her.

“Daddy, aren’t you gonna kiss Papa like you kiss me? You missed him, right?” The child exclaimed suddenly when she remembers about the action from earlier causing the adults to blush even more.

With no choice at Jade’s eyes watching him, Jackson quickly gave a small peck on the unexpecting Mark’s cheek causing the older to quickly look away with now burning red ears while Jade cheered.

“Dear, do you have something to show Daddy?” Mark said, trying to change the topic and luckily it work as the child hopped off Jackson’s lap and when to get her drawing that laid on the coffee table.

“It’s for you, Daddy. I love you.” Jade said as she presented the drawing to her father proudly causing Jackson to receive it with a grin before saying ‘I love you too’ before he scooped her up into his arms again

Jade hugged her father again before looking at her Papa who gives her a thumbs up causing her to nod before hugging her beloved Daddy even tighter, unknowing falling asleep in his embrace over time.

“She is asleep.” Mark said as he looked at Jackson who nodded as he those hair lovingly, feeling content to have Jade in his arms.

“I guess I’m going to bed too, goodnight.” Mark said when he noticed that Jackson might want to be the one to tugged Jade in bed, tonight.

Before Mark could get up, Jackson holds on to his wrist, pulling the older closer to him before he cuddled Mark in his free arm, head resting itself on the ex-secretary's head.

“I missed you, I really do Yi En.” Jackson whispered over in their native language before Mark felt a pair of lips on his forehead, surprising him.

He raised his head to look at the younger who just smiling tenderly before Jackson suddenly close the gap between their lips, shocking Mark and himself,

It was sweet and almost addicting that it took Jackson a while to let go of those lips, by the time he snapped out of it, he was greeted by the older shocked expression.

“I’m not gonna apologized for that, just so you know.” Jackson muttered, trying to hide his own burning cheeks as he rested his head back against the older whose clearly flustered and confused.

“It’s this part of you being romantic and a good boyfriend?” Mark managed to asked when he finally found his voice again which caused Jackson to smile at those words.

“Maybe, who knows when it comes to me.” Jackson commented with a light teasing tone before he wrapped his arm comfortably around the warm older who just melted in his arm, both realizing that they miss this warmth so much.


Hi Influffies! I'm so sorry for the super long wait. I have just been busy and sick these days so ya but no excuses, I still think about you guys and this ff so hope you guys did enjoy this long overdue update. I'm also sorry for skipping on answering last update comments but things should be back to normal next week :) How did you like the kiss? Jackson's way of cheering up the sad Papa kekeke Share with me your thoughts ~ See you next week

<3 InfinitelyCassie