#10: Frustration

My Lover, Your Babysitter

#10: Frustration

 

"Behave, dear. Listen well to Daddy and Uncle Youngjae." Mark said, squatting down to the pouting child's cheeks while Jackson just sighed.

 

"But...I want to stay home with you, Papa..." Jade whined, not liking the idea of leaving Mark at home.

 

"Jade Wang, behave. Why are you acting like this?" Jackson scolded, getting frustrated at how Jade is being so difficult when it's just going out with him and Youngjae.

 

Jade pouted more as she wrapped her arms around her Papa's neck sadly while the pair exchange looks before Jackson massaged his temple.

 

"I don't want to go out with Uncle Youngjae, he made Papa sad." Jade muttered low which luckily in the older's book, he was the only one who heard.

 

"It's not like that, Uncle Youngjae is nice. He likes you." Mark whispered back, rubbing circle on her back while trying his best to reassure Jade.

 

"But.." Jade muttered, lifting her head to look at Mark with her puppy eyes causing Mark to pinch her nose with a small smile.

 

"You don't want to make Daddy sad, right?" Mark asked before he pointed to the distressed younger who's watching them causing the child to sighed and finally giving in as she puts on her shoes with the older's help.

 

"Are you sure you don't want to join us?" Jackson asked once again as he look at the older who only shook his head with a small smile.

 

"It's fine, have fun. Please help me pass my birthday wishes to him." Mark answered causing Jackson to hesitantly nod before he took Jade's hand into his and they head for the car.

 

"Bye Papa." Jade shouted, waving sadly to Mark before Jackson help her settled into the backseat and he makes his way into the driver's seat but not before giving the older a small smile.

 

Mark took a deep breath of relief, letting out the tense he was holding back all these while, the moment Jackson's car drive off before closing the door.

 

Now if it was just another day out or an outing with maybe Jaebum, he would had followed along but this was a day out to celebrate Youngjae's birthday and clearly in the situation they are in, him being there would just makes things unpleasant.

 

It wasn't like he was invited either, when Jackson told him about it last night, he had clearly said that Youngjae had asked him and Jade to celebrate his birthday with him through a day out.

 

He knows that Jackson meant well when he asked him along but to make it easy, he wasn't needed in that equation because It was clear that Youngjae wants time alone with his boss.

 

He decided to just crash on the couch, watch some drama reruns while munching on some chips, it was better than sitting around and thinking about the trio day out.

 

It wasn't until about two hours later, he was almost dozing off when his phone rings causing him to quickly picked up, noticing it was Jaebum's number.

 

"Hello Mark hyung." Jaebum's voice greeted him, sounding slightly annoyed while Mark wonders why with the sudden call, it's a rare number to be flashing on his screen since they never really had any reason to be calling each other even though they exchange numbers a few weeks ago.

 

"Hey Jaebum, do you need something?" Mark asked, clearly curious about the unusual call that he received from his so called replacement.

 

"Is Jacks with you? I have been calling him but nobody picks up." Jaebum asked in return, sounding clearly annoyed with the person that he was looking for.

 

"No, he went out with Jade." Mark informed, wondering if there's anything work related which why the secretary sounded annoyed at this point.

 

"Without you?" Jaebum questioned, sounded lost since it doesn't make sense to just go out without his own boyfriend.

 

"Well...it's with Youngjae so..." Mark trailed off, knowing that the other would understand even without him explaining in details.

 

"I understand, things are still tense between you guys." Jaebum sighed, suddenly realize that the situation between Mark and Youngjae aren't getting better if Jackson continues acting like that.

 

"Right..." Mark said, not really knowing what to said since he clearly wasn't the one that had bad thoughts against Youngjae, it's vice versa and he didn't know how to clear that up.

 

"But still how can he just leave his own boyfriend at home like that? I swear, sometime he pampered Youngjae too much that he even dare to said that to you." Jaebum nagged, sounded more annoyed than before since it appears to him that Jackson is too oblivious to the point he doesn't see the pain in Mark's eyes whenever Youngjae is involved.

 

"Why are you looking for him, anyway? Is it something that I can help with?" Mark asked, changing the topic since he knows that Jaebum is right but he was just a fake boyfriend and the secretary doesn't know that.

 

Being a fake boyfriend, Mark has his limit to where he can restrict Jackson so to tell his boss to not accompany Youngjae seems just too much, after all he didn't own the rights.

 

"Well, actually I wanted to ask him if he wants to catch the latest horror movie together since I got two complimentary ticket from my father and you know how I am single and all." Jaebum explained his intention with a tint of embarrassment in his voice causing Mark to smile at the usually chic younger's cuteness.

 

"I see, I guess you have to wait for another day. His fully booked for today, his too in demand that I can't keep track of him." Mark joked lightly causing Jaebum to chuckle before an idea pops up which makes him smirk.

 

"His fully booked but you aren't, would you do the honor of accompanying the forever alone me for a movie and maybe even some ice cream?" Jaebum asked with a cute voice, he desperately needs to go out or he will be bored to death.

 

Mark smile at those words while thinking that it won't hurt to hang out with Jaebum since he does makes an awesome friend after all.

 

"Alright, I will do the honor Mr Forever Alone" Mark agreed, chuckling lightly while Jaebum just smile, glad that he finally had someone to hang out with on a boring Saturday evening.

 

"Wonderful, I will pick you up in half an hour. See you later, Cutie." Jaebum teased, playfully before they hang up with Mark smiling, liking the sound of hanging out with the secretary already.

 

####

 

"Daddy, are we finally going to Fun Land? " Jade asked, while pointing at the indoor playland that's located a level above them before looking at her father who mentally cursed himself for forgetting.

 

"Bunny, can we go another time? Uncle Youngjae wants to watch a movie, you like movie right?" Jackson said slowly, praying hard that the child wouldn't be too hard on him.

 

"Daddy...you promised me. " Jade pointed out with a frown, totally in a bad mood causing Jackson to sighed before he saw Youngjae already out of the washroom.

 

"Hyung, let's head to the cinema now or the tickets will be sold out." Youngjae said excitedly dragging Jackson along causing Jade to be dragged too.

 

"Bunny..what do you want? Popcorn?" Jackson asked as they stand in line, eyes on the lighted menu board while Jade just stay quiet, clearly sulking.

 

"Jade..." Jackson called out again, this time looking at the child who looks so down and miserable beside him.

 

"Is she alright? She looks upset." Youngjae asked, looking at the child who somehow looked angry or irritated at him.

 

"Yes, don't worry. She just feeling a bit tired from all the walking and shopping."Jackson lied because there's no way he would ruin the day for the younger, it's been awhile since he promised Youngjae to shopped with him and helped him change his wardrobe a bit.

 

While Jade let her eyes roam around, she noticed a familiar figure walking into the cinema area before they disappeared into another line which seems more shorter than most lines.

 

"Papa!" Jade uttered out, tugging his hand causing Jackson to quickly turn but he didn't spot the older anywhere causing him to frowned before looking at the child who looks so distracted.

 

"Jade, Papa isn't here." Jackson pointed out, not liking at how Jade starting to act out just because she didn't gets what she wanted.

 

"No, I really saw Papa...he is over there." Jade said, pointing out at the short line which caused Jackson to look over but sadly there wasn't any line left which caused Jackson to sighed in annoyance.

 

"Hyung, are you alright? Do you wanna go home if Jade aren't feeling well?" Youngjae asked as he noticed how distressed the older look especially after hearing 'Papa' out of Jade.

 

He clearly don't understand their conversation but seeing Mark being mentioned, he guessed it had something to do with the elder which explained Jackson's distressed expression.

 

"No, it's fine. Don't worry, did you pick out your snack yet? It's our turn next." Jackson answered before diverting the younger's attention back to the menu while Jade just pouted and sighed.

 

Meanwhile Mark and Jaebum had already entered the theater since it's complimentary tickets so they just had to go over to the reserved tickets counter instead of waiting in line before easily buying popcorn and drinks at the same counter.

 

"Who would had thought that we ended up going out for a movie, together?" Mark commented while they munched on some popcorn causing Jaebum to smile before nodding in agreement.

 

"I know right, Jacks gonna flipped out if he knows about this. I should send you back early." Jaebum joked but Mark's expression changed causing him to mentally cursed himself for saying that.

 

"Don't worry, he's gonna understand after all his out with Youngjae so it's all fair and square," Mark said, forcing a smile out of him when he noticed Jaebum's guilt ridden expression.

 

"Well, let's forget about him. We need to enjoy our movie, Jacks can be for later." Jaebum exclaimed, trying to lighten the atmosphere which succeed as Mark smiled, nodding before they continue on munching and chatting as they waited for others and the movie to start.

 

By the time the trio entered the theater, it's already dark and the upcoming movies trailers had already started playing which signalled that the movie gonna start soon.

 

"Will she be alright, I didn't think about her earlier. I'm so sorry." Youngjae whispered over after they already settled in with Jackson in between him and Jade, eyes on the child who clearly doesn't look happy.

 

"She should be, I will keep an eye on her. Don't worry, just enjoy the movie." Jackson reassured before looking over at the child, he knows that Jade dislike horror movie like any other children her age but what can he do when he only find out about it after Youngjae paid for the tickets.

 

"Bunny, if you feel scared then hold on to Daddy, alright?" Jackson reminded the child who nodded with a sullen expression.

 

The movie soon started and immediately everyone got inro it, watching in silence as the storyline slowly unfolds with a few jump scares in between causing Jade and Youngjae to hold on to Jackson while Jaebum hold on to Mark who let out a low chuckle.

 

"Hey, don't laugh at me." Jaebum pouted, letting go of the older's arm who in return just while muttering 'cutie' into his ears causing him to hide his face in embarrassment.

 

Jackson who was smiling at the two whose holding onto their respective side of his arm finally turned back to the movie but to only see a silhouette of two people laughing and whispering into each other ears.

 

With the bright light shining from the screen, he could clearly see especially at how the pair were seated a few rows in front of them making his heart dropped at the scene, they are flirting in the dark theater.

 

The young boss tried his best to ignore them throughout the movie especially at the fact how his best friend hold on to his so called boyfriend every time his scared and it makes him feels weird, like something boiling in him.

 

When the movie ended, Jackson had meant to go after them but it wasn’t easy when they are fighting against a crowd who wants to exit the theater at the same time and therefore the young boss lost them as Mark and Jaebum managed to exit first.

 

Mark was busy laughing at poor Jaebum as they walked to exit the cinema area, it’s just so amusing to see the usually chic and cool other freaked out over jumpscares.

 

“Well, in my defence… I’m not scared alright..I’m just startled by the jumpscares.” Jaebum defended himself, pouting at the older who nodded after he stopped laughing.

 

“I know but it’s just so cute to see you hiding your face using my arm.” Mark commented causing Jaebum to chuckled, he must really had amused the older back in there.

 

“Did you just called me cute, Cutie?” Jaebum teased, suggestively while hanging his arms around Mark’s shoulder causing the older to laugh at the fail flirting without realizing three pairs of eyes were watching them from the side.

 

“Papa!” Jade squealed out, excitedly before she let’s go of Jackson’s hand and run off towards the surprised duo before Mark immediately scooped her up.

 

Jaebum who noticed Jackson’s burning stare towards his arm around Mark smirked to himself before pulling his arm away when Jackson and Youngjae advanced towards them.

 

“What are you guys doing here, together?” Jackson asked, voice sounded rather tense as he stares at two who only shared a look together before Jaebum spoken out since he was the one who asked Mark out after all.

 

“Well, my best friend is busy so I had asked his lovely boyfriend here to accompany me for a movie, nothing too complicated. How about you, man?” Jaebum answered, casually while Mark nodded but Jackson wasn’t sure if he should buy it especially at the fact that Mark rejected his offer but accepted Jaebum’s.

 

I’m spending a day out with Youngjae for his birthday, we are heading to dinner now.” Jackson simply answered before looking at his best friend who just nodded before turning to look at Mark.

 

“You wanna go and grab the ice cream now? I will drive you back after that.” Jaebum purposely asked causing Jackson to stare at Mark hard, somehow wishing the older would say no.

 

Mark didn’t know why but he just want to get out of there and let Jackson do whatever he wants with Youngjae.

 

“Sure, ice cream sounds good.” Mark answered before telling Jade to join back the pair but the child won’t let him go.

 

“Jade, let’s go.” Jackson called out but Jade won’t budge from Mark’s hold, whining which slowly annoying Youngjae at this point, he didn’t understand why the child suddenly acting out today out of all days.

 

“Let’s just go, Hyung. She might be tired, she can go with Mark hyung.” Youngjae said which surprised Jackson since it wasn’t in the younger’s personality to be annoyed easily.

 

“Sure, no problem. Don’t worry about her, have fun on your dinner date.” Mark said, clearly pissed at the two before walking off with Jade in his arms while dragging Jaebum along, surprising everyone especially his boss.

 

It didn’t take long for the trio to reached an ice cream parlour before ordering and settling down, it also didn’t take long for either to notice how quiet Jade is being as she slowly eats her sundae with rainbow sprinkles.

 

“Dear, are you alright?” Mark asked as he stares at the child worriedly while Jaebum just watches from the opposite since Jade is seated beside Mark while he seated facing the older.

 

“I’m just sad.” Jade answered in a tiny voice as she slowly looks up at the two adults watching her with concern written on their face.

 

“Sad? Why?” Mark asked again, wondering did something had happened during the whole time she is with Jackson and Youngjae.

 

“Daddy.” Jade said which clearly makes Mark even more worried since it’s rare for the bubbly child to actually be upset with her father.

 

“Did he do something?” Jaebum asked this time round after seeing how distracted the older looked after Jade’s answer.

 

“I want to eat hamburgers but Uncle Youngjae wants sushi...I wants to buys storybooks but Uncle Youngjae wants to buys clothes...I wants to play at fun  land but Uncle Youngjae wants to watch a movie...everything is Uncle Youngjae. Daddy promised but…” Jade rambled, letting out her feeling as she stabbed the sundae a few times, letting out her dissatisfaction throughout the day while the two adult listened before sharing a sigh together.

 

“Dear, it’s Uncle Youngjae’s birthday today so Daddy is just taking extra care of him today. He definitely knows what you want and I’m sure he will do all that with you another time, just not today so don’t be sad alright?” Mark said, trying to comfort the child who nodded before letting out a small smile for her Papa and Uncle JB before going back to enjoy her sundae.

 

“I know since my princess as went through a lot today, I will treat you to another sundae.” Jaebum said causing Jade to instantly grinned while Mark just smile as he ruffled her hair.

 

“You really should talk to Jacks about this, I don’t want Jade to think he priorities Youngjae first against you or her.” Jaebum said while they watched the five year old selecting the ice cream for her sundae through the window where all the flavour were showcase.

 

Mark nodded slowly, knowing that it’s gonna be a hard subject to bring up especially with him having no rights to be saying that but he really hopes that Jackson would understand if he ever brings it up.

 

####

 

“I’m home.” Jackson announced, closing the door behind him while Jade only waved to him since Mark is brushing her hair over at the couch after her night bath.

 

“Someone looks ready for bed.” Jackson commented, approaching the child before pecking her on the cheeks causing Jade to grinned while Mark just focus on the hair, ignoring the younger who plopped himself beside him.

 

“You are done, dear.” Mark announced after successfully tying her hair in a loose braid, just so the child would be able to sleep properly without her long hair disturbing her.

 

“Thank you, Papa.” Jade said, hugging Mark tightly causing the older to pinch her cheeks before the child finally seated herself on her Papa’s lap while looking at her Daddy..

 

“Bunny, look at what Daddy got you.” Jackson said, showing the bag to the child who immediately cheered when she noticed it’s hamburgers.

 

“Are you still upset with Daddy? I didn’t mean to ignore you.” Jackson asked, watching the child slowly shook her head before transferring into his lap.

 

“It’s ok, Daddy. Papa said that you are taking care of Uncle Youngjae. I shouldn’t be upset at you.” Jade said like a big girl which caused Jackson to immediately pulled the precious child into a tight hug, wondering what he do to deserve this gem.

 

“Do you want to eat now?” Jackson asked causing the child to look over at Mark who just smile and nodded, like as if asking permission even though Mark don’t really restrict her to anything unless it’s overstuffing herself and too much sweets.

 

Jackson smiled at the child before opening one and passing it to the child who happily but slowly savor the taste, making the adults happy just by watching her eat cutely.

 

Mark decided to excused himself to wash up for the night since he was busy running after Jade and dinner earlier to even remember to shower after reaching home.

 

The younger look at the older’s retreating back before sighing, somehow feeling the tension between them that’s getting thicker.

 

“Did you had fun earlier with Papa?” Jackson asked, just to fill in the silence but he didn’t realise that it was such a bad idea because all the chatter that he heard from the five year old was about how she had lots of fun with Papa and Uncle JB making him felt jealous all of the sudden.

 

“Uncle JB is the best, he makes Papa and me laughs a lots. I never see Papa laughed that much.” Jade commented which just makes Jackson frown even more, he regretted asking that question now.

 

With no choice, the chatters did lasted for a while until the older finally reappeared, asking if Jade was ready for bed which the child did nodded to before giving her father, a goodnight kiss.

 

“Are you sure you don’t want me to tuck you in?” Mark asked, squatting down to face the child who shook her head before giving Mark a kiss too.

 

“Goodnight Daddy,Papa.” Jade wished before making her way to her room, leaving the two in awkward silence.

 

“I guess, I’m heading to bed too. Goodnight.” Mark exclaimed, breaking the awkward silence before walking away.

 

“Wait!” Jackson said, standing up before approaching the older who paused in his track, turning to face him with a nonchalant look.

 

“Why have you been ignoring me? Did I upsets you or anything?” Jackson asked, finally asking the thoughts that has been bugging him since they return from the resort.

 

“No, it’s nothing like that.” Mark answered, knowing the topic with Youngjae and Yugyeom were rather a hard subject for him to bring up with the younger.

 

“You always said that but it’s clearly something? Is it about Youngjae? Did something happened between you guys?” Jackson sighed in frustration, he had enough of the older vague answers because he needs to know what’s going on.

 

“It was just a misunderstanding, it wasn’t something that can’t be fixed. It’s just awkward between us now.” Mark said, truthfully since he did planned to fix it but just not now because he still needs to deal with Yugyeom in one way or another.

 

“What did he misunderstand? You can tell me, right?” Jackson asked with an almost pleading tone which cause Mark to give in after hesitating all these while.

 

“It’s about Yugyeom and all, it’s just too complicated an....” Mark explained but unexpectedly got cut by his boss who clearly didn’t look good when he said those words.

 

“Is it about you two timing me with Yugyeom, it’s that what you meant?” Jackson asked, tone sounded totally annoyed which Mark obviously noticed.

 

“How did yo…” Mark stuttered out in shock even though he didn’t meant that incident in the first place but now knowing this, things has gotten worst that he expected.

 

“It’s because he told me, he personally heard about you calling Yugyeom to our room while I’m out.” Jackson sighed, tone already getting a bit higher as he lose patience at the current topic they are discussing about.

 

“No, it’s a lie..I didn..” Mark exclaimed in frustration, trying to defend himself but once again Jackson just cut him off.

 

“You are telling me that Youngjae is lying?” Jackson hissed, looking at the older with an offended look.

 

“No, why are you getting angry? I’m trying to explain here but…” Mark sighed while calming himself down upon seeing how riled up the younger is right now.

 

“It’s because I’m frustrated, I’m annoyed...I don’t know who to believe..you are telling me this and his telling me that….you tell me who should I believe…” Jackson said, almost shouting with each words without him realizing, making Mark massaged his temple in distressed.

 

“Ka Yee, you know I don’t and never will have feelings for Yugyeom. Do you still need to doubt me?” Mark said slowly, making the younger see his point in this whole conversation, he will never get involved with Yugyeom behind Jackson’s back or not and that’s period.

 

“What about Jaebum, huh? You guys were happily flirting just now, you even accepted his invite while rejected mine.” Jackson shouted out in pure jealousy, not even realizing his words until he noticed Mark staring at him with hurt eyes.

 

“DADDY! Don’t shout at Papa!” Jade shouted, appearing from the side with tears before beating her father’s thighs with her hands.

 

“Daddy is bad. Daddy is bad.” The child muttered over and over again while crying, shocking the adults before Mark quickly scooped her up in his arms, stopping her tiny hits on Jackson’s tights.

 

“Jade, calm down. Daddy aren’t shouting at me, we are just talking.” Mark comforted the child, reassuring the sobbing child in his arms while Jackson just stay rooted in shock.

 

“You can..not scold Papa. Pa..pa loves us. He always ta..ke care of me, he waited for you e..ven when you didn’t co..me back. He always work ha..rd to cook for us, he love us m..ore than anybody else did. If you sc..old him, what if he lea..ve us? I can’t lo..se Papa.” Jade cried, sobbing hard as she stumbled on those long sentences, looking at her quiet Daddy while Mark only stayed silence, feeling that his own tears threatening to fall at those heartfelt words.

 

Jackson couldn’t believe what he heard, how stupid was him to not see the dedication and love Mark puts in while being by his side, the love he had for Jade was bigger than anyone else maybe even him.

 

“Bunny..” Jackson uttered out, speechless as he advanced closer towards Mark and Jade but the child only turned, hugging the older tight again.

 

“Yi En..” The younger boss uttered out again when he saw those tears dripping on Mark’s cheeks, making the other conscious of his own tears before quickly wiping it away, putting a strong front up for Jade.

 

“I’m sorry, I’m such an idiot.” Jackson apologized with shaky voice before pulling the two into his arms, rubbing circle on Mark’s back as tears keep on spilling for all three until Mark had wiped away those tears from the daughter and father pair.

 

“I love you, both of you.” Jackson said as he helped to wiped Mark’s tears before hugging the two even more tightly in his embrace, Jade gave both of them a peck each, putting a smile on Mark’s and Jackson’s face.

 

Jackson didn’t want this moment to end, if he had a choice to freeze time than he would pick now because it’s the most beautiful and completed moment in his life.

 


 

Hello Influffies! I'm back ~ how did this chapter when for you guys? I clearly enjoyed writing the last scene, it's just too beautiful in my head haha. Like always, don't forget to share your feels/thoughts below.  Thank you for reading, commenting and subscribing like always, I feel the support guys :) With this being mention, a reader actually suggested me to start Patreon (for those who don't know, it's a site where i can makes pledges with different amount and people can pick and support by paying that amout every month) She who wants to stay Anonymous said that my stories are awesome and worth pledging for (which really touches me eventhough I think my writing are rather average, with so many other talented markson ff writer out here) Anyway, please do share your opinion on this and even if I really ever do it, my pledges aren't gonna be more than $10 for sure because I don't have much to offer like others lol :) Stay healthy and awesome everyone, see you next update.