#3: Deadline

My Lover, Your Babysitter

#3: Deadline

"Uncle Mark!" Jade squealed, the moment she spotted that familiar figure seated at his desk, running straight towards the secretary's direction.

Mark looked up in surprise before breaking out in a grin, getting up to welcome the child straight into his arms while Jackson just smiled watching them.

"Good morning." Jackson greeted, passing a bag of buns that he had picked up from a bakery nearby earlier with Jade.

"Morning, for me?" Mark asked, surprise to receive the bag but accept it gratefully nonetheless while Jade nodded, excitedly.

"Jade insisted, she wants to eat breakfast with you." Jackson said, showing a bag full of Jade’s favourite kind of buns, the cheesy ones.

“Yes, will you eat with us Uncle Mark?” Jade asked with puppy eyes that Mark obviously can’t resist so he nodded causing Jade to cheer in pure joy.

“Let’s eat in my office.” Jackson said, rather awkwardly since it’s weird to see how Jade seems so comfortable with his new secretary.

With that being said, they settled on the longer couch in the office with Jade being in the middle who's having fun chatting with Mark as they enjoys the warm and delicious buns.

“I’m gonna make some coffee, you want some?” Jackson asked after he poked a straw into the packet of strawberry milk which he had bought earlier for his daughter.

“Thank you, Daddy.” Jade thanked with a peck on his cheek before resume munching on her second piece of bun.

“No, I will make it for you. It’s my job.” Mark refused, it’s his job after all but as he was about to get up, he felt a hold on his wrist, pausing his intention.

“Don’t worry, just accompany her for me.” Jackson assured with smile before making his way out of the office while Mark just watch, since when does a boss serve their secretary he questioned himself mentally.

“Uncle Mark, can I ask you something?” Jade asked with a rather serious voice as she look at the man whose nodding, looking at her fondly.

“Am I bad? Do you like me?” Jade said, surprising Mark with her choice of words before he asked the child to look at him.

“Of course, I like you Dear. Who said that to you?” Mark asked in returned, carrying the child and seated her on his lap while Jade just look down in hesitation.

“A..u..ntie D..ayoung..she keep calling me bad yesterday.” Jade croaked out in a sad voice causing Mark to mentally curse that lady for causing a scar on the cheerful and bubbly child.

“Forget about what she said, she is just being mean. You are nothing like that, right?” Mark cheered her on, patting the child’s head lovingly which makes Jade grinned as she slowly nodded, hugging Mark around his neck.

“Good morning!” A cheerful voice greeted with thick korean accent which caused Mark to smile instantly as he turned to greet the person.

“Morning, Youngjae.” Mark greeted in his perfect accent causing the younger’s jaw to dropped, looking at the older in amaze while Jade follow suit after chuckling at Youngjae’s comical expression.

“You didn’t see that coming, huh?” Jackson teased as he appeared soon after with two cups of coffee, laughing at poor Youngjae.

“Bunny, remember what I teached you before, go ahead and greet Uncle Youngjae properly.” Jackson said causing Jade to instantly hopped off Mark’s lap before bowing at the awed secretary.

“Aww, she is too cute. You didn’t tell me she gonna be this cute.” Youngjae cooed, smiling at the child as he lightly pinched Jade’s cheek.

“Of course, like father like daughter.” Jackson commented proudly, hi-fiving with Jade while Youngjae roll his eyes at that statement.

“Can someone please get me a pail here, I need to puke.” Youngjae said while Jackson just stick his tongue out, earning laughter from Mark and Jade.

“Wow, mature much.” Youngjae commented, facepalming himself while Jackson grinned in victory, it’s never an easy fight against him.

Mark give a bun to Jade before asking her to feed the deflected Youngjae and in an instant the younger secretary it’s back into action, having a cute conversation with the child with his broken english.

“Here.” Jackson said, passing a cup to the secretary who quietly accept as they watch the conversation going on, breaking out into small laughter most of the time.

Sadly, it was cut short as the three need to start working and Jade was left to draw and colour over at the couch while everyone else return back to their desk including Jackson.

He knows it wasn’t appropriate to bring Jade to work but with no option left and time constraint, he had no choice but to dragged her along until he finds a solution but luckily, she gets along well with both secretaries especially Mark which he was grateful for.

####

“Bunny, it's time for lunch. " Jackson announced as he collected his belonging and approached the child reading on the couch.

Jade nodded, smiling as she pack her stuffs away into backpack before walking hand in hand with Jackson out of the office.

“Daddy, can Uncle Mark and Youngjae eat with us?" Jade asked, looking at her father all excited which earn a nod from Jackson who like the idea.

The moment the child saw Mark who's talking to Youngjae, she run straight to him causing Mark to turn and pick her up on reflects.

“Uncle Mark, Daddy said that we can eat lunch together." Jade shared the exciting news which caused the secretary to nod before looking at his boss who's watching them.

“You too, Young. Let's eat lunch together. " Jackson said, turning his attention to the younger beside his secretary when he was caught staring at Mark's face.

Youngjae nodded, letting out a light chuckle as he watch the two akwards before they headed out of there with Jade in between their boss and Mark while Youngjae walks beside Jackson.

After much discussion along the way, they settled in for Chinese food since Jade love her noodles after all and it's been ages since all three adults had any Chinese.

Due to the fact that Jade wants to seat with her Uncle Mark, Jackson pouted and took his seat beside Youngjae instead.

“Daddy, don't sulk or you won't be handsome any longer." Jade teased when she noticed that pout causing Mark to laugh while Youngjae to roll his eyes.

“Hey, don't be mean. Do you even know what she said, huh?" Jackson complained, playfully glaring at Youngjae who just smirk.

“Even if I don't understand all, I know you and handsome doesn't go well together. " Youngjae snicked causing Mark to holds back his laughter while Jade just observe her childish father who by now it's smacking her Uncle Youngjae's everywhere.

“Did he called Daddy short?" Jade asked Mark, lost of the situation since she clearly doesn't understand the language.

“No dear, why?" Mark asked, finding it amusing even though he didn't know why the child thought that.

“Daddy hates being called a shortie, he will fight anyone that call him that. Shh..don't tell him I said that. It's a secret. " Jade whispered to Mark before grinning while the amused secretary nodded before pinky promise with the child.

“Ah..I forget to buy cereals for breakfast tomorrow." Jackson exclaimed suddenly after finish punishing Youngjae, he forget to grab it along with the packet milk he bought this morning at the convenient store nearby.

“You want us to go and buy? " Mark offered, knowing it's a good opportunity to walk around with the excited child since their order might take a while to be ready.

“Great, Bunny, you help Uncle Mark pick out our cereals alright?" Jackson said causing Jade to cheer, jumping up and down before they walked off excitedly after the young boss passed Mark some money.
Weirdly after Mark and Jade left, the atmosphere turn quiet as Jackson noticed that Youngjae seems to be lost in his own thoughts.

“Is he acting out again?" Jackson asked causing Youngjae to be pull out of his thoughts before he turn to give the older a weak tired smile.

“What happened this time? " Jackson asked, looking at the younger seriously because he is fully aware that's it's tiring to follow Kim Yugyeom's wants.

“I don't know, all I know that I booked a whole restaurant for him just for his confession. I'm not sure to who but I guess it's Mark hyung." Youngjae said, he clearly didn't know any other details.

“Mark? How can you be sure it's him, you know about Gyeom liking him?" Jackson asked, clearly surprise the information he just received.

“The whole company knows, Jackson hyung. They had been the talk of the town for a while now, " Youngjae explained causing Jackson to sighed as he watches the pain in Youngjae's eyes.

“You know how he is, he makes everything obvious including how much he likes Mark hyung from the start, making sure someone don’t mess with him.” Youngjae added, sipping on his ice tea that was served first as they waited for the food.

“No matter what, you know it’s impossible between them especially with Omma in the picture.” Jackson sighed while Youngjae smile sadly at those words, it was the harsh truth.

“It’s always impossible for us, hyung. We are just her ‘slaves’ that abide to her orders, we don’t share the same statutes as her.” Youngjae commented causing Jackson to instantly pulled the younger into his embrace, rubbing his back.

“I know, Young. It’s hard but you did well, you endure everything well. Good job.” Jackson whispered those words into Youngjae’s ear causing the younger to slowly nod with teary eyes.

“Thank you, hyung. It’s good to have you back here, I felt so alone while you are gone.” Youngjae muttered as he hugged the older tighter, earning a few looks from customers surrounding them but they didn’t care.

As Mark walked back into the restaurant with the happy child and her cereals, his eyes instantly caught on his boss and Youngjae hugging out over at their table, it feels weird seeing them that close with each other, not like a boss and an employee.

“Daddy..” Jade called out in happiness as they got closer causing the duo to pulled apart before Jackson turned to his daughter, picking her up to seat on his lap.

Mark just stayed quiet as he seated himself back in his seat, watching at how the child was animatedly telling her daddy about her adventure in the supermarket earlier with him.

He noticed at how Youngjae was smiling fondly at the child’s story even though he couldn’t understand much, body leaning against Jackson comfortably, it was almost a picture perfect and he was just the extra at the side.

The new secretary suddenly feels awkward and out of place, afterall he wasn’t invited to join if Jade didn’t insist wherelse Youngjae was invited by the boss, himself.

Shaking those thoughts out of his head, Mark tried to focus on enjoying his bowl of noodles as their order just arrived which also caused Jade to return back to her seat.

He was indeed glad that Jade returned, at least he wouldn’t feel too awkward since the child was such a chatterbox with him while Jackson and Youngjae was too absorbed chatting among themselves.

“Uncle Mark, are you sad?” Jade whispered in between their chatter causing Mark to look at her before the child look at her father’s way.

“No, of course not.” Mark said, shaking his head while mentally cursing himself for staring their way too much until even a child notice that, how embarrassing.

“It’s fine, Daddy sometime forgets to talk to me too, he’s always busy with work.” Jade commented, smiling at the elder before slurping her noodles cutely.

“Are you sad about Daddy being busy with work?” Mark asked softly, not wanting the duo to caught on with his question.

“He work hard for me, to buy lots of pizza. I must be a good girl and listen to him well.” Jade answered with a grin after shooking her head at that question, she knows how much her daddy loves her.

Mark smile at those words, it was touching to hear that coming from a five year old as he patted the child head lovingly.

The lunch goes on like that before the four returned back to the office but their tracked was paused when Jade’s eyes caught on the cakes sell at the cafe located in the company lobby.

After much pouting and puppy eyes from Jade, Jackson finally let her buy a slice which caused her to dragged the laughing Mark to the cafe while the duo continued their way up.

When Jackson enters his office, he was surprised to see Yugyeom seated over at his desk, staring at him as he walked in.

“Gyeom, when did you get here?” Jackson asked but the younger just keep quiet, staring at him hard before getting up, walking towards the older.

“Why didn’t you tell me that you're are coming back?” Yugyeom asked with an unreadable expression causing Jackson to rake his brain for a simple convincing answer.

“I miss you!” Yugyeom shouted before breaking out into laughter upon seeing Jackson distress face, pulling his older brother into a tight hug.

“You scared me, idiot.” Jackson scolded lightly as they pulled apart, the younger only to stick his tongue out before clinging on him like a child.

“Why aren’t you staying at home?” Yugyeom asked, looking at the older with a curious expression but before he could answer, the office door creaks open which immediately earned both attention.

“Daddy, look it’s strawberry cheesecake.” Jade said happily, walking in hand in hand with Mark which surprised Yugyeom to no end.

“Mark hyung!” Yugyeom called out, causing the older to finally notice him in the office before letting out a small smile.

“What are you doing here?” Yugyeom asked, walking pass the child and straight to Mark causing Jade to look at them in confusion.

“Bunny, here.” Jackson called out causing the child to let go of Mark’s hand and straight to her father, wondering why her daddy looked unhappy.

“He is my secretary.” Jackson answered when he saw Mark where having difficulties answering, it was nerve wrecking watching Yugyeom slinging his hand with the quiet secretary.

“I see, well I’m gonna borrowed him for a bit.” Yugyeom answered, smiling before dragging Mark out of the office even though Jackson could clearly see hesitation on his face.

“Daddy, where is that person taking Uncle Mark?” Jade asked, didn’t like how that person taking away her Uncle Mark just like that.

“That person is Uncle Yugyeom, daddy’s little brother. He is best friend with Uncle Mark.” Jackson explained, noticing the worried on the five years old face upon asking him.

Jade just nodded, looking down to think hard about what her father just told her before remembering what her Uncle Mark told her earlier.

“Daddy, this is for you. Thank you for being the greatest daddy in the world.” Jade said, giving the cake box to her father who looked surprise as he accept the box.

When they settle at the couch and open it, Jackson smile upon seeing the slice of chocolate cheesecake beside Jade’s one.

“You like it? I picked it out with Uncle Mark, he said that I have the greatest daddy in the world.” Jade said with a silly grin before pecking her dear father on the cheek.

Jackson feel like crying, his bunny had grown up so much even though it feels just like yesterday where he struggle to get his life together while raising up a child.

####

It’s almost a month since his move, two weeks since Jade joined daycare and still, he couldn’t do anything about Mark Tuan especially not when all he sees is Yugyeom dragging the reluctant secretary around.

He did try helping Mark by telling the younger that he needed his secretary by his side on days where they have client meetings at least but still it didn’t stopped Yugyeom from dragging him to dinner instead.

Sighing, he looked at the date on his computer screen and almost freaked out because his deadline is tomorrow, the elder gonna have his neck if he didn’t see the situation through.

He decided to head for the pantry to look for something refreshing while clearing his head, he even waved to the busy Youngjae when he passed by his desk but the moment he got close to it, his track was paused when he heard those familiar voices.

“Hyung, where do you want to eat tonight?” Yugyeom’s voice was heard causing Jackson to hide behind the wall, peeking in a bit to see Mark stirring something while Yugyeom standing by his side, watching him.

“Yug, I don’t think I can. I still have lots of work to catch up on, Jackson has been lenient with me but I can’t continue being like this.” Mark said straightforwardly as he passed the mug of hot chocolate to the quiet younger, he really can’t keep abandoning his duty just to follow Yugyeom’s wants.

“It’s not a big deal, Jackson hyung can’t do anything to you.” Yugyeom answered so easily, ignoring that unsettled look on Mark’s face.

“Yug, I think I should make this clear. I don’t think it’s possi..” Mark tried again but it cut off like he expected, Yugyeom staring straight at him.

“I don’t want to hear that just yet, think it through Hyung.” Yugyeom said before trying to drag Mark out of the pantry with him causing Jackson to step in, can’t stand watching the younger treat his secretary like that.

“Mark, I need you in my office now.” Jackson said causing the said person to nod but Yugyeom won’t let go of his hand, eyes staring down at their boss.

“Let go, Yugyeom.” Jackson said with a demanding tone, different than his usual that it took Mark by surprise for a bit.

“What can you do if I don’t? He’s mine.” Yugyeom challenged, he don’t like how Jackson ordering in front of the person he love, his not a kid.

Jackson didn’t say anything instead he just walked straight to them, separate their entangled hands before bringing Mark with him out of the pantry but he didn’t forget to say those words before he stepped out.

“I can’t but she can, deal with her first before pursuing your love.” Jackson said, knowing very well that the younger knows fully well who he was referring too before continue his track with the lost Mark.

Yugyeom clenched his fist in anger, he hates when Jackson uses that monster against him.

“What do you need me for?” Mark asked after they stepped into Jackson’s office, both settling down at the opposite side of Jackson’s desk.

“Check these, see if I got any typo done.” Jackson said lazily, pulling out his recent completed documents even though, truthfully there wasn’t much for the secretary to do.

Mark was lost by the light task but did it anyway as he slowly read through the documents while Jackson just seat, watching him in silence while being fully aware that a pair of eyes are watching them from the window.

“You know you could reject him, right? Why did you keep giving in to him?”Jackson suddenly asked out of pure curiosity causing Mark to froze before looking at his boss.

“You are leading him on if you let this continue, you know that right?” Jackson added while Mark slowly nodded, he knows that the other had a point.

Jackson could only mentally sighed, feeling really bad for the secretary that’s trapped in his younger brother one sided love while his mother is trying to get rid of him.

His phone suddenly rang causing him to quickly picked up when he saw Jade’s daycare number flashing on his screen, somehow feeling uneasy.

“Mr Wang, I think Jade is sick. Please come to get her, she has been refusing to do anything,” Mrs Lee, the teacher in change of Jade explained after greeting Jackson who mentally cursed himself for failing to notice that the child has been acting off since last night.

“Thank you, Mrs Lee. I will be there.” Jackson said before hanging up on the teacher, looking straight at the curious Mark who has been watching him.

“I need to go, Jade is sick.” Jackson informed in a hurry, picking up his belonging which cause Mark to get up too, worried clear on his face upon the news.

“Can I follow too?” Mark asked timidly, worried that Jackson might reject but instead his boss nodded before they quickly exit the office together after the secretary collect his backpack from his desk, not even sparing time to explain to the lost Youngjae and fuming Yugyeom in the other office.

When they arrived there, Jade was looking lifeless as she was seated at the couch near the teacher office, clearly asked to wait for her father.

“Uncle Mark.” Jade shouted when she noticed the figure beside her father before jumping off the couch and running straight into the secretary's arms.

Seeing how the child wanted to stayed in Mark’s arms, Jackson decided to settle things with the teacher first while the two waited.

“I miss you, Uncle Mark. I am so lonely here.” Jade said, tears pouring out as she nuzzled her nose on Mark’s chest while the secretary rubbed circles on the child back.

Mark look around and noticed it was just a normal day care one that doesn’t suit Jade clearly since she can’t converse or make friends, it’s not an english speaking one.

He knows it’s hard to find a suitable one for the child with the limited options and time constraint, he understand why his boss had to settle for this center.

“I miss you too, Dear.” Mark comforted, hugging the child in his embrace tighter as the sobs slowly soften down.

“They make fun of me because I can’t speak their language, they always run away from me.” Jade said before finally looking up at Mark which caused the elder to frown, wiping her tears with his thumb.

“Why didn’t you tell Daddy about them?” Mark asked causing the child to shook her head before she rested her head on Mark’s chest.

“I didn’t want to make Daddy worry about me.” Jade said softly, feeling herself slowly drifting off to sleep as Mark’s caressed her hair lovingly.

Mark could feel that she is slightly burning up but it was nothing too serious, just some medicine and rest would do it.

“She is asleep.” Jackson whispered in shocked as he approached them causing Mark to check, indeed Jade was fast asleep on his chest.

“She just started burning up, do you have any medicine at home?” Mark asked as they walked back to Jackson’s car after exiting the center.

Jackson nodded, feeling relief that he decided to top up on their medience supply at home last week when they went for their weekly groceries shopping.

With that being said, they headed straight home before they settled Jade in bed after spoon feeding the medicine into the unconscious child mouth and putting a fever patch on her forehead.

“She actually told me earlier about how the kids make fun of her, she seems quite sad over that.” Mark decided to speak out, he and Jackson settle down on the couch to rest after dealing with Jade.

“I know her teacher told me and suggested that I find a more suitable center for her, it won’t be healthy for her mental state at this point if this continues on she said.” Jackson sighed, massaging his temple at the situation while Mark nodded, staying quiet for the clearly stress out other.

Jackson’s phone suddenly started ringing, a dreadful number flashing on the screen as he avoid answering, ignoring the call but it just keep on ringing and ringing until his doorbell is the one that started ringing instead.

“Mark, please stay in Jade’s room. No matter what don’t step out until I tell you to.” Jackson said before ushering the lost Mark to quickly enter the room and closes the door.

Taking a deep breath, Jackson quickly answered the door just to be greeted with a not amused Mrs Kim who straight away enter the house without a single word, eyes scanning the surrounding.

“Why are you here, Omma?” Jackson asked, trailing after her as she walks towards the couch where he and Mark just seated before settling herself there.

“Don’t act dumb, tomorrow is the deadline. Why aren’t you doing anything?” Mrs Kim asked, straight to the point as she look at the quiet who had now settle down beside her.

“I can’t, he didn’t do anything wrong. It’s all in Yugyeom’s head that Mark likes him.” Jackson pointed out, knowing that it wasn’t wise for him to say that but it was truth that he witnessed all these while.

The sound of a loud slap was heard causing Mark to freak out, almost wanting to turned the doorknob but stopped himself when he remembered Jackson’s words.

“Are you saying that my son is crazy? Even if he is, that’s my son! Wherelse Mark Tuan is just a hinderance in his life, I don’t care whether he is in the wrong or not. I want him out of my son’s life.” Mrs Kim hissed at Jackson loud and clear while Mark was in shocked, trying to process what he just heard.

Thinking hard while ignoring that stinging pain on his left cheek, Jackson could only come up with something rather risky but it was the only way to save himself and Mark out of this unnecessarily mess.

“You don’t but I do, I care about him because I love him.” Jackson said out loud and clear, shocking both Mrs Kim and Mark whose heart started beating fast.

“Are you crazy? I asked you to kill him not fall in love with him.” Mrs Kim asked in disbelief, thinking if this Mark Tuan is a some kind of magician that makes others obsession over him until her own son and even this trash falls for him.

“Don’t worry, I will win him over to my side while you continues whatever you had planned for Gyeom, Omma. I will keep him away from Gyeom including making him quit the company.” Jackson said, praying hard that his offer would work and luckily in a bit Mrs Kim nodded.

“Fine but if things didn’t work out like you said, watch out.” Mrs Kim warned as she got up before walking out, leaving Jackson to sighed in relief before he closes the front door.

“Jackson…” Mark muttered out, appearing from Jade’s room while Jackson could only look at him with guilt returned all over his face.

“I can explain everything, Mark. Please.” Jackson pleaded in a timid tone causing Mark to sighed before looking for ice in the kitchen.

“You better or I’m gonna kill you.” Mark said lightly as he pressed a towel with ice on Jackson’s red sore cheek causing the other winced a bit but nodded with a small smile.

By the time Jackson told Mark everything, the secretary were in disbelief at how much hatred the ex-president had for him without even knowing how he was has a person but luckily Jackson did and he is grateful for that.

“I know I probably shouldn’t just say those meaningful words so easily but if that’s gonna protect you and keep her off my back, it was the only option left. I hope you understand, Mark.” Jackson added, knowing that he owns the other an explanation as to why he said those words so easily.

“I understand but what are we gonna do now? It’s she really gonna just leave us alone?” Mark asked, more worried about the situation to come because Yugyeom is obviously aren’t giving up on him.

Jackson took a while to think, considering everything including Mark’s words and luckily an idea pops up as he turn to look at the curious.

“You want Yugyeom to give up on you, right?” Jackson asked, earning a nod from the other who's obviously up for that thought especially after knowing Yugyeom’s mother is out to kill him just because her son likes him, it wasn’t his fault to start with.

“Let’s do this, we will do an exchange deal. In order to keep Yugyeom and Omma away, we will act like a couple infront of everyone and in exchange for firing you to satisfied her, you can become Jade’s babysitter. I will pay you a monthly salary like any other babysitter.” Jackson suggested, looking at the other’s who's clearly were thinking about the deal.

“I know it’s not the best solution but at least it will solve both problems at once for now.” Jackson added while Mark considered, honestly tempted by the idea of just being around the sweet Jade.

“It’s a deal.” Mark muttered out firmly once he decided, knowing there’s nothing to lose and it’s way better than being dragged around by Yugyeom every day because it’s starting to suffocate him at this rate.

“Good, you can move in tomorrow then we can think about how to deal with Yugyeom next.” Jackson sighed in relief, smiling at the secretary who nodded to his word with a small smile.


A/N: Hi Influffies! How do you guys like the name? I know it might sound childish or lame but after some deep thoughts, I realized that you all are just like fluff to me who always there to cheer me up and sweeten my bad days. I really hope that you guys like it, that's just how sweet and supportive you guys are towards me.

Now on to the chapter, did you guys see the deal coming? The title might have given it away but still, I wonder if you guys expected it kekeke. Anyway more markson and drama ensure next chapter so anticipate it.

Also a big thanks to xx_toughcookie for the suggestion :) I hope you aren't sad that I didn't used it since I don't want to cause promblem with similar base name so I opted for something totally different eventhough I'm an Inspirt myself.

Alright, don't forget to share your feels below, thank you for reading and subscribing once again :)

<3 InfinitelyCassie