#5: Tension

My Lover, Your Babysitter

#5: Tension

"We gonna put these, these and these and these.." Jade rambled on, excited as she arrange all kind of candies she can find in her snack stash onto the table.

Mark laughed at the excited child before scooping her up in his arm, pausing her second trip to the drawer, to pull out more candies.

"Dear, Daddy is gonna have a tummyache if we add all of these in the cookies." Mark said in mandarin, picking up to see the assorted candies with his free hand.

"But but but...Daddy loves sweets." The child reasoned back in the same language, pouting while Mark just poked her cheeks causing her to burst out laughing.

"Fine but let's just use one, alright? We can mix it with the chocolate chips." Mark said which earned a rather half hearted nod from Jade but she was quick to pick the marshmallow from the bunch.

"This this..it's yummy." Jade exclaimed in excitement while Mark nodded causing the child to squash him in a tight hug around the neck.

Mark grinned, returning the hug before they finally start working on making the cookie dough with Jade insisting on being his assistance and all.

It was a sweet treat that Jade suggested to make earlier during lunch for her Daddy who has been rather busy working for the last two weeks but it seems like the project is completed today so he will be back early today.

As Mark thinks about the past two weeks, exactly two weeks since the situation with Yugyeom but it's has been rather too quiet and peaceful.

Mark would expected something especially after seeing how the younger reacted to their 'dating' news but nothing, it's too peaceful that it's becomes unnerving for him.

He did keep in touch with Youngjae and did asked him about Yugyeom once in awhile, the younger secretary said that it was weird how Yugyeom suddenly becomes dedicated to work, even making an effort to communicate with Youngjae properly.

He knows that he should take that has a good sign that Yugyeom is using the heartbreak to make him completely focused and dedicated to work but he just feel that something isn’t right.

“Uncle Mark...chocolate chips..” Jade announced happily causing him to nod before the child poured the chips into the dough, making her even more excited.

“Marshmallow, please.” Mark requested causing her to cutely looked for the bowl of fluffiness, pouring in the fluffy snack in awe at their delicious looking dough.

“Yeah, I wanna make a heart one for Daddy.” The child cheered as Mark pulled out the assortment of cutters after rolling out the readied dough.

“Use this.” Mark said, passing a heart cutter before seeing how the child focusing and pressing hard to cut a piece, face scrunched up in total cuteness.

“Good job!” The ex-secretary exclaimed when the child successfully cut out a cookie, high fiving with her before she continue on to the next piece while Mark lay the first piece on the tray.

As they were busy working on lots more cookies, the doorbell rang causing Mark to excuse himself for a bit while the child continue cutting on the dining table.

When Mark swinged open the door, he didn’t see anyone so he peeked out to his left, still none but as he was about to turn right, someone popped out of nowhere.

“Boo!” Yugyeom exclaimed, startling the older who only sighed in relief when he realized who's the person that startled him.

“Yug, what are you doing here?” Mark asked, clearly curious as to the reason why he suddenly popped by, today.

“Visiting.” Yugyeom answered with a nonchalant look before walking passed the older and entered the house causing Mark to quickly trailed after him, lost.

Seeing how the younger comfortably plopped himself on the couch, Mark was about to grab some drinks from the kitchen when Jade came running, all excited.

“Uncle Mark, I make a puppy shaped one.” The child announced happily in english, even forgetting that she needs to use only mandarin for the next few days in order to improve herself.

“Wow, really?” Mark exclaimed in surprise since he doesn't remember having a puppy shape cutter, patting her head lovingly before letting the girl dragged him over to the table.

“Is it pretty? It’s for you.” Jade asked, grinning at her Uncle Mark whose smile in awe at the cookie which Jade obviously work hard on to make it that shape.

“It looks pretty, dear. Thank you.” Mark said, pecking the child on her chubby cheeks which caused her to giggled without realizing Yugyeom was watching everything.

“Are you just gonna ignore me now?” Yugyeom hollered out causing Mark to quickly sighed when he realized that he had almost forgotten about the younger.

Seeing how he still needs to clear up the mess after they are done cutting out all the cookies, he instructed Jade to wash her hands clean before delivering a bottle of soda over to Yugyeom.

“Here you go, Uncle.” Jade said, smiling as she tried to pass the drink to Yugyeom who instead of accepting it nicely from the child, just harshly snatch it from her hold causing the child to immediately frown.

Mark who clearly had a glance of that when he tried to check on the child immediately frown, not liking how Yugyeom acted towards the sweet Jade.

Knowing it’s probably awkward to seat in the living room with Yugyeom now, he called out for the child after sending the dirty utensils over to the kitchen.

“Jade, you haven’t done any reading today, right?” Mark asked when the child approached causing Jade to nod with a rather small smile, not her usual cheery one.

“You want to go and read the new storybooks Daddy got you last week?” Mark asked again, squatting down to the child level, smiling softly at her who only nodded again.

“Come, let’s go.” Mark said before they headed for Jade’s study corner in her room, it was created through Mark’s idea of educating her so that way she won’t fall behind on her education.

He would spend a few hours each day on different things including writing and reading over at the corner and so far, Jade has been enjoying her so called study session with Uncle Mark.

Once Mark had settled the child in her room, he returned back to the kitchen to do some washing and puts the cookies into the oven that he had heated up earlier.

As he was washing at the sink, he suddenly feels hands from the back before hugging him which immediately caused him to froze when he hears breathing on his ears.

It feels weird to be in someone's else hold caused he’s more used to Jackson’s touch now which caused him to quickly to peel Yugyeom’s hands off him once he could move before turning to face the younger.

“What are you doing? This is not right.” Mark exclaimed, looking at the younger who just smiled before taking a step forward, hands reaching out to caress Mark’s face.

“I know you don’t love him. It’s just an act, right? He forced himself on you.” Yugyeom said which honestly caught Mark by surprise but luckily, his expression didn’t betray him.

“What are you talking about? We are very much in love, how can you said that?” Mark said, pulling his face away before trying to walk away but Yugyeom grabbed on to his wrist.

“No, you can’t love him. It’s impossible, you barely known him. I love you first.” Yugyeom hissed, forcing the older to turned and face him, his grip getting tighter and painful.

“Let me go, please. If you really love me, you would let me go. There’s no use of holding onto me, Yug.” Mark said firmly, peeling the grip off him in hope to just walk away but it didn’t happen that way.

In a blink of an eye, Mark found himself trapped against Yugyeom and the fridge behind him as the younger pushed him against it, his hands on Mark’s chin.

“I guess, you didn’t know me hyung. I always get what I want and I want you, now.” Yugyeom smirked as he tries to close the gap between his lips and Mark’s while the older tried to wiggle himself out but the younger clearly weighed more than him, therefore too heavy for him.

“I’m home.” The familiar voice was heard causing Yugyeom’s intention to be paused as he heard that voice while Mark mentally sighed in relief.

He quickly escaped when he noticed the other was distracted, straight into the surprise Jackson’s arms with Jade following suit after, appearing out from her room.

“Hey, bunny.” Jackson greeted after picking the child up, pecking her cheeks before turning to look at the rather distracted Mark who's in his other arm.

“Yugyeom is here.” Mark whispered in mandarin when he noticed Jackson looking at him with questioning eyes, hands pointing towards the kitchen.

“Are you ok, did he do something?” Jackson whispered back in the same language, eyes scanning the older since he knows how physical Yugyeom can get when agitated.

Mark just shooked his head before hugging Jackson tight, somehow he needs that sense of protection from the younger today.

“Jackson hyung.” Yugyeom appeared smiling causing Jackson to return it before looking at Mark whose avoiding the younger’s eyes.

“Yi En, can you get me something to drink?” Jackson asked, knowing it’s best to let the older be distracted for now since he clearly didn’t know what happened before he reach home.

With a small nod, Mark makes a beeline to the kitchen while Jackson asked Yugyeom to join him over at the couch with Jade.

“What brings you here, Gyeom?” Jackson asked, looking at the younger who been acting weird since he find out about him and Mark.

When he found out that Yugyeom actually took his works and meetings seriously from Youngjae, Jackson was almost suspicious as to why he didn’t acted out like he usually would but he didn’t want to think negative about the change so he let him be but now seeing Mark’s reaction just now, something clearly happened earlier.

The older soon appeared with a bottle of juice before Jackson patted the space beside him, asking Mark to join him on the couch, Yugyeom’s eyes clearly on them.

“I want to apologize, hyung. I shouldn't have hit you." Yugyeom apologized, surprising the pair who share a look, clearly not too convinced by the apology.

“It's fine, Gyeom. I understand." Jackson said, going along for now since he wasn’t sure what the younger had in mind or planning at this point.

“I wish you both the best and love each other lots." Yugyeom said his well wishes with a smile that freaks Mark out, he didn’t expect to hear that after the encounter earlier in the kitchen.

Jackson nodded, smiling as he masked the curiosity before looking at the quiet older beside him.

“Hey, I thought you guys had a surprise for me, what is it?" Jackson asked, pulling Mark closer while Jade nodded, sharing a smile with the older .

“We can't tell you yet, Daddy. We must eat dinner first, right Uncle Mark?" Jade answered in long sentence, making Jackson more proud of the child's improvements.

“Yes, we can't let Daddy misbehave." Mark answered back in mandarin causing Jackson to pout while Mark just pinched his nose and Jade laughing at her childish daddy.

“You like torturing me, don't you Yi En?" Jackson exclaimed, rubbing his nose against Mark's cheeks causing the older to giggled at the tickling sensation.

“Stop it, it tickles." Mark said, trying to make the younger stops but Jackson nuzzled more causing him to turn more red from giggling non stop.

“Jade, help me. Daddy is misbehaving." Mark called out for 'help' causing the child to chuckled before she tickled attack her father.

The trio burst out in pure laughter as Mark and Jade work together to bring Jackson down which he finally did surrender after that painful battle.

“Ahemm.." Yugyeom coughed out, not liking what he is witnessing in front of him because they looked so happy like a small family.

He didn't like it one bit, especially at how Jackson makes Mark smiles and laughs in a way that he never did before.

“Let's eat dinner." Mark exclaimed after noticing the weird tension between Jackson and Yugyeom.

Luckily for him, Jade was excited so she somehow managed to drag Jackson over to the dining table with Yugyeom trailing from the back, eyes on him.
“Wait for a bit, I will go and get the noodles.” Mark informed, straight away heading for the kitchen but as Jackson was about to offer some help, Yugyeom walked straight up to the older instead of joining him and Jade at the dining table.

“Let me help you, hyung.” Yugyeom exclaimed nicely with a smile before walking straight to the kitchen, not even waiting for Mark’s respond.

“Will you be alright?” Jackson asked when he saw the hesitation on the older’s face to join Yugyeom in the kitchen.

“I guess, don’t worry.” Mark muttered, giving an assuring nod before making his way into the kitchen where he saw Yugyeom standing by the stove, waiting for him.

The older decided to just ignored those eyes watching him as he prepared the four bowls of noodles rather in a hurry, not wanting to spend too much time alone with the other.

As he was scooping the broth into the last bowl which was Jade’s, he felt the same touch from earlier caressing his shoulders to his arms, feeling him which clearly makes him uncomfortable.

“Can you stop it? How many times should I repeat myself?” Mark hissed as he jerked those hands away, turning to glared at the younger who clearly was irritated by his reaction.

“I can touch you anyway I want, you are mine.” Yugyeom stated, making the older look at him in disbelief, it doesn’t even make sense in his head and he just can’t deal with this now.

“Grab the drinks.” Mark ordered, dismissing those nonsensical words as he quickly picked up the tray filled with the bowls of noodles before exiting the kitchen, leaving Yugyeom behind in anger.

The annoyed younger quickly grabbed a few glasses and the big bottle of water from the fridge before joining the so called family wannabe at the table, eyes on the older whose clearly avoiding him and just eating.

Dinner time was rather quiet, not their usual since it’s was only Jade talking to her daddy about her day while Mark and Yugyeom just stayed quiet with that tension surrounding them, the same one that Jackson’s trying to figure out.

By the time they are done, Mark and Jade had quickly sneak off to get the cookies and surprise Jackson who wasn’t expecting the treat.

“Surprise! You like it, Daddy?” Jade asked in excitement, showing her father the big plate of cookies especially the heart and puppy shaped ones.

“Wow, thank you Bunny. I love it.” Jackson exclaimed, scooping her up to be seated on his lap before showering the child with tiny kisses on her face.

“Taste it, it’s delicious.” Jade urged on, passing a heart shaped one to her father who obviously had a bite of it before sharing it with her causing Mark to smile, seeing the father and daughter eating happily.

“Did Uncle Mark helped you in making these?” Jackson asked, earning a nod from the child who passed Mark his puppy shaped ones.

“Did you say ‘thank you’ yet?” Jackson added on causing the child to smile sheepishly before moving forward to pressed a kiss on Mark’s cheek, surprising him.

“Thank you.” Jade said shyly before munching on her cookie while Jackson just smile, leaning in to give Mark another kiss on the other cheek, causing the older to blushed like crazy.
Yugyeom who feels his blood boils upon witnessing that scene decided to spoil the moment by purposely reaching out for a cookie, knowing the others would notice especially the child who has been eyeing the plate.

“No!” Jade shouted, pulling the plate away from Yugyeom which shocked the adults by her sudden behavior.

“Bunny, don’t you want to share the cookies with Uncle Yugyeom?” Jackson asked, looking at the child who stubbornly shook her head.

“No, I don’t like him, He can’t eat my cookies.” Jade whined, pulling on the plate in attempt to bring it away from the adult that she clearly wasn’t fond off but in the process dropping the whole plate to the floor, making Jackson mad at her.

“Jade Wang, why are you acting like this?” Jackson shouted louder than he expected, startling his child who immediately start crying before running off to her room.

“Jackson..” Mark called out, trying to calm down the younger who immediately regretted raising his voice at the five years old.

“Mark...I don’t mea..” Jackson stuttered, trying to explain his action to the older who only nodded understandingly, knowing that he wasn’t used to the child acting out since she rarely does it, infact it was the first time since Mark took care of her.

“Don’t worry, I will talk to her.” Mark assured, giving the younger a light squeeze on the shoulder before walking away towards Jade’s room.

“Dear..” Mark called out softly when he saw the child sobbing under her blanket, hugging her precious bunny plush that’s apparently a gift from Jackson on her second birthday.

The child keep quiet as she slowly looked up, with tears streaming down her face which caused Mark to quickly settle down and scooped her up into his arms.

“Don’t cry, Daddy isn’t angry at you.” Mark whispered into her ears, rubbing circles on her back as she rested her head on Mark’s chest.

“He is, I know…” The child stuttered out, knowing that she was wrong for acting out like that but she was hurt by Yugyeom’s action earlier while Mark sighed, knowing that the child could read her father’s mood well.

“Are you angry at Uncle Yugyeom?” Mark asked slowly when he noticed the sobs had slowly turned into sniffled instead, Jade had somehow calm down in his embrace.

“He is mean, he don’t like me just like Grandma.” The five year old said out, lifting her head up to look at the surprised Mark, clearly wasn’t expecting those words from the child.

“Why would you said that, dear? Why wouldn’t they like you?” Mark muttered, wiping the tears away with his hand before ruffling the child’s hair lovingly.

Jade looked at Mark with hesitation, wondering if she should tell about what she overheard and after concluding that the other wouldn’t scold her, she decided to share with him.

“I heard Daddy and Uncle JB talking before we come here, nobody likes me here that’s why Daddy didn’t want to comeback at first.” Jade muttered out with teary eyes while playing with her bunny’s ears, Mark feels his heart sank at those words, it was the same exact words he heard growing up.

He was an orphan that lost his parents in a tragic accident and growing up he was sickly so he wasn’t like or wanted by anyone even more he wasn’t accept in anyone’s life because everyone sees him as a baggage or a burden.

Thinking back, it’s really a miracle at how far he gotten now without anyone help throughout the years where he had three part time jobs just to feed himself and pay for education.

“Jade, don’t be sad, alright? Even if the whole world dislike you, you have me and Daddy. We love you a lot so don’t care about what others say about you, understand?” Mark said as he holds the chin and made the child look at him before wiping those fresh tears that’s dripping.

“I love you too, Papa.” Jade said before hugging the shocked man tight, she was glad that she had someone like Uncle Mark in her life.

“Papa?” Mark uttered in disbelief while the child only nodded, resting her head on Mark’s chest once again, feeling safe and sound.

“Can I call you that?” Jade asked, looking up at the man who just slowly nodded, still couldn’t grasp the situation right at this moment.

“Thank you, Papa.” Jade said, smiling at him and at that moment the tears just dropped, Mark wonders what he did to deserve this gift in his life.

Jade quickly wiped those tears with her chubby hands causing Mark to smile through his tears before he pulled her into a tight hug, he was glad that he decided to stay in Jade’s life.

“Bunny..” Jackson’s voice was heard causing the child and Mark to look at the door where Jackson was standing looking super guilty.

“Daddy, I’m sorry.” The child apologized, hopping off her bed with Mark’s help before straight into the relief Jackson’s arms.

“No, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t shouted at you.” Jackson said as he carried the child before plopping himself down beside Mark who had a small smile on watching the father and daughter.

“No, I wasn’t behaving. I’m sorry.” Jade apologized again causing the father to shook his head before patting the child’s head.

Jade smiles before hugging her father tight, resting her head on Jackson’s shoulder before muttering a soft ‘I love you, Daddy’ that brings a big smile on Jackson’s face.

“I love you too, Bunny.” Jackson whispered into her ear before her hair which send the tired out child to sleeps in minutes.

Upon hearing those faint snores, Jackson positioned her carefully on the bed while Mark tugged her in before they both got up to exit the room quietly.

“Have you been crying?” Jackson asked before they step out, noticing the clear tears stains on the older’s cheeks making him worry.

“It’s nothing.” Mark convinced with a small smile, trying to wipe those stains but Jackson sighed before pulling him into a tight hug, locks his arms around Mark’s waist.

“You know he isn’t here, you don’t have to do this.” Mark pointed out even though his heart flutters because of his boss’s action again like usual, he knows it’s all for Yugyeom.

“This isn’t for him, it’s for you. Remember, if there’s anything, you can tell me Yi En.” Jackson whispered into his ears in mandarin, making it more meaningful for the older.

They stayed like that for a while until Jackson deemed that Mark was fine to exit the room with him, hand in hand.

When they exited, Yugyeom was still seated at the dining table while his eyes focusing on their entangled hands, his expression unreadable.

“I’m going to clean up.” Mark informed, squeezing Jackson’s hand for the last time before finally let go and start clearing the dining table with two sets of eyes watching him.

Seeing how the older had carried every dirty bowls and glasses to the kitchen, Jackson decided to follow suit just because he doesn't feel like being left alone with the younger at this moment.

“What are you doing here?” Mark asked, looking to his right when he heard footsteps entering the kitchen, hands still busy scrubbing the bowls.

Jackson just shrugged his shoulder before standing beside the older, grabbing a towel nearby to wipe dry the bowls.

Seeing the younger was too quiet for his liking, he picked up some foam and put it on Jackson’s nose causing the other to scrunched it cutely, feeling the cold on his nose tip.

Mark burst out laughing at the younger causing the playful mode in Jackson to activate before he pick up some foam and puts it on Mark’s nose too causing the older to cutely complaint and the foam battle starts.

Their laughter obviously attracted Yugyeom’s attention as he walked closer to the kitchen and peek near the entrance at the lovey dovey scene in the kitchen with them squabbling while Jackson’s arms around Mark’s waist, trapping the older in his embrace.

“Not fair, you trapped me.” Mark pouted, complaining at how Jackson won by trapping him in his arms which caused Jackson to chuckle before pecking the older’s nose, immediately turning Mark’s cheeks into bright pink.

“I’m sorry.” Jackson apologized cutely while chuckling to the blushing older whose clearly flustered by his action earlier, he love that blush on Mark’s cheeks every time.

The moment were disrupted when they hear a loud slam of a door causing the pair to share a look, somehow had the feeling that Yugyeom had witnessed everything.


A/N: Hi Influffies! Did you guys like the change in Jade's calling towards Mark? I just thought it will be super cute for her to call him that and we finally got a scene that Jade actually acted out after being so well behaved all this while. Make sure to share with me your thoughts or feels on this chapter. Until then, take care per usual and stay fluffy :)
Thank you for subscribing, reading and commenting you guys~
<3 InfinitelyCassie