#2: Meeting

My Lover, Your Babysitter

#2: Meeting

“Bunny, listen to Auntie Dayoung alright! Daddy will try to come back home early.” Jackson reminded, pinching the cutie’s cheeks as she nodded to his words.

“Bye Daddy, take care!” Jade waved happily, her favourite bunny in her other hand as she watches her father drives away.

Thanks to the early arrangement that he had made before flying back, Jackson managed to prepared a simple, cozy home for them but finding a daycare that matches Jade seems to be a challenge so for now he had to stick with a babysitter who had limited usage of english in hope that they can communicate somehow since Jade only knows how to speak english and basic mandarin.

Meanwhile, Mark was beyond lost, here he was at Fei’s desk watching Youngjae running around panicking over the new president while trying to get the vice president into the office at one go.

Luckily for him that knows he needs to move his stuffs to this desk, he had arrived early just to prepare everything including himself for the new task.

“Youngjae, calm down.” Mark approached, stopping the younger who were walking back and forth with his handphone in his hand.

“Sorry, hyung. I’m just worried about Yugyeom, he hadn’t been replying nor picking up my calls since he left the office on Friday evening.” Youngjae explained, knowing that Yugyeom had a lot to deal especially with how Jackson stepping in today and it wasn’t a time for him to be acting out again.

“Don’t worry, he might have a good reason for that.” Mark said, trying hard to convince himself that it had nothing to do with him almost rejecting the younger’s confession.

Youngjae just nodded, knowing well that in everybody eyes the vice president was reasonable and mature but in reality, he was far from that but it was not up to Youngjae to share that with anyone including Mark.

“Good morning!” A soothing but cheerful voice was heard before a figure appeared in front of them causing Youngjae to grin in delight.

“Good morning, Jackson hyung. It’s good to see you.” Youngjae greeted as the older greeted him with a bear hug, chuckling at the clearly happy other.

“It’s good to see you too, Young.” Jackson said, smiling before his eyes landed on the quiet attractive figure standing beside Youngjae, watching them.

“This is Mark Tuan, he will be your secretary until the original one comes back from her maternity leave.” Youngjae introduced after seeing how Jackson was eyeing the other who by now had bow in respect to his new boss.

“Nice to meet you, Sir. You can just call me Mark.” Mark introduced himself formally while Jackson nodded with a small smile, clearly knowing who this person is just from his name.

“Nice meeting you too and drop the formality, just call me Jackson.” Jackson said before he turned to look at the still empty vice president office before sighing.

“Mark, coffee please and Young, please tell him to meet me once he arrived.” Jackson ordered clearly, earning nods from both before making his way into his office, it’s gonna be a long day ahead.

“Isn’t he hot? I totally had a crush on him when we were little.” Youngjae chuckled, nudging the older who’s busy eyeing his new boss movement, finding that familiar feeling coming from the other.

“Now that’s rare, it’s not everyday you hear Choi Youngjae saying somebody’s hot.” Mark commented, chuckling at the younger who blushed a bit at those words.

“Exactly, he’s a one of a kind. Be careful or you might fall for him, hyung.” Youngjae teased with a goofy smile causing Mark to waved his words before escaping for the pantry.

By the time he was back with Jackson’s coffee, Youngjae had already start working so he continue his path to the office door before knocking on it lightly.

“Come in!” Jackson called out lightly, peaking his head out of the cabinet to greet his secretary who's looking a bit lost at seeing the piles of folders on his desk.

“Just put it here, sorry. “ Jackson apologized after noticing his full packed desk before moving a pile to the nearby coffee table at the corner of the rather big office.

“What are you looking for, maybe I can help?” Mark asked, seeing how the other had returned back to digging through the files cabinet.

“Nothing particular, I just wanna skimped through on past similar projects files before the meeting later since I’m pretty new in this line.” Jackson said honestly because he had been working on more of the editor side of a publishing company back in the States where else this company deals on the main publishing and distribution itself.

“Well, let me help you brief through the client's expectation and from there we can learn more from the past projects.” Mark suggested causing Jackson to immediately agrees before he moves the folders, coffee and necessity over to the coffee table and they both plopped down on the sofa.

As Jackson listen through Mark’s super detailed briefing, he learnt that he will be meeting with two foreign clients in order to help them published their top selling books here in Korea.

It amazed Jackson at how the individual can store that much details without using the notes much as referance, he was really good at his job that’s for sure.

After the briefing, they straight away dive into the folders as they flipped through files after files to absorbed as much information as possible.

In the midst of everything, Jackson finds himself staring at the other seated to his left on a separate sofa, totally unaware of him.

“I heard that you are close to Yugyeom.” Jackson pointed out nonchalantly, breaking the silence for the past hour with his eyes still on the paper.

“I guess, we are friends.” Mark answered even though he was slightly taken aback, he wasn’t expecting the boss to bring up Yugyeom at all.

“Friends? It’s only on Gyeomie’s side I guess.” Jackson exclaimed in his head while nodding to Mark’s answer, if that was really the case than getting rid of him is just too unfair in Jackson’s eyes.

Seeing how Jackson aren’t continuing with the topic, Mark goes back to reading and as he reached out for a new file with eyes still glued on the current file, he feels a soft and smooth surface instead.

Finding it weird, he looks up and realize his hand was holding onto Jackson’s hand causing him to quickly pulled away, looking down in embarrassment while Jackson just smile as he picked up his coffee like he intended to in the first place.

Mark slowly looks up after hiding his face behind the file, smiling to himself when he notice that the boss had returned his attention back to reading with a focus expression on his face.

He try not to stare for too long before returning to reading himself and just like that time passed and lunch hour arrived.

Jackson who noticed the time while stretching his body, look over at his focus secretary who didn’t seems to realize the time just yet.

“Mark, it’s lunch time. You can go ahead.” Jackson informed causing Mark to quickly check his watch before looking at his boss, seeing how the other had no intention of budging from the couch.

“Aren’t you going to eat?” Mark asked, worried about his boss since it seems like he didn’t had breakfast either, only that cup of coffee.

“It’s fine, I want to finish up the last few files.” Jackson answered, waving him off to go ahead and enjoy lunch which Mark reluctantly follows.

“Hyung, Jackson hyung aren’t eating?” Youngjae asked when he saw Mark reappeared out of the office, taking his belongings from the desk.

“No, you wanna eat together?” Mark asked, earning a quick ‘ok’ from the younger before they make their way to the nearest fast food place since they weren’t up for a heavy lunch.

“Oh, you wanna get him some? He loves burgers.” Youngjae exclaimed, remembering at how Jackson love his burgers.

“Sure, it’s better than him working with an empty stomach.” Mark answered nodding while Youngjae smiled with an amused look before ordering a big cheeseburger set for Jackson.

“Why are you looking at me like that?” Mark asked when he noticed that look still on Youngjae’s face after they plopped down at the quieter side of the place.

“Nothing, I just find it cute how you worries about Jackson hyung.” Youngjae said causing Mark to instantly blushed which earned a low chuckle from the younger.

“Well, he is my boss.” Mark answered, making it sound like as if it’s an ‘of course’ thing but he knows better that Youngjae wouldn’t buy that just from his expression, that tiny smirk.

“Right, if you say so Mark hyung.” Youngjae said causing Mark to pout in defeat before their orders arrived and he was saved by his burger.

As they eat away, Mark suddenly remembered at how Youngjae mentioned he had a crush on their boss when they are little, it seems to him that they had a somewhat close relationship somehow.

“You are close to boss?” Mark asked, starting a conversation which earned him a nod from Youngjae who were busy sipping his drink.

“I guess you can said that, my mother work for the Kim all these years so I practically grew up with him and Yugyeom. We used to always play together, those wonderful memories.” Youngjae sighed, smiling at those fond memories while Mark just frown in confusion.

“Kim? You mean he’s related to Yugyeom but isn’t he a Wang?” Mark asked, clearly remembered their new boss family named as Wang, he can’t be remembering it wrongly.

“Yes, his family name is Wang but he was adopted by the late Mr Kim when he was eight which explained why he took over the company. For his name, he had personally requested to keep his original family name, not wanting to forget his origin.” Youngjae explained which cause Mark to slowly nod in understanding, finally understand why he asked about Yugyeom earlier.

With his curiosity being answered, Mark returned back to focusing on his lunch with small chit chats in between before finally making their way back to the office.

Meanwhile at the office, Jackson who had finally finished going through the files decided to call the babysitter to check up on his Bunny, it’s lunch time after all but unfortunately, his call wasn’t pick up.

He tried a few more time but still no success, thinking that she might be busy with Jade, Jackson decided to wait for a call back instead before standing up and stretching his body.

A knock was soon heard causing Jackson to ask the person in and there was Mark with his lunch, smiling awkwardly at him.

“I got you lunch, in case you are hungry.” Mark said, passing the bag to Jackson who gratefully accept it with a big grin on his face.

“Thank you, I was starving actually.” Jackson confessed, smiling sheepishly before taking a seat back at the couch and dive right in on his lunch.

Mark smiled in satisfaction, watching his boss eat the burger deliciously before finally quickly excusing himself when Jackson caught him staring.

Jackson let out a hearty laugh once Mark step out, his new secretary was just too cute for his own good.

####

Jackson tries his best to focus on the meeting but it's getting difficult with the increasing number of missed call for his babysitter.

He let out a relief sigh when they announced a five minutes break after that one hour discussion, Mark who seated beside him just observe as he pulled out the device and dialed that number.

“Hello Daddy..” A timid tone answered the call which caused Jackson to frown, wondering why his bunny was the one picking up the call instead.

“Bunny, where is Auntie? " Jackson asked slowly while Mark wonder what's the call all about.

“Auntie is sleeping, Daddy." Jade answered softly as she hide herself in her room, eyes on the lady sprawled out on their living room couch.

“Have you eaten?" Jackson asked again, don't like what he's hearing from the child.

“No, I"m really hungry Daddy." Jade answered, trying her best not to cry or her father will be more worried.

“Poor bunny, wait for me. Daddy will get home soon." Jackson said, clearly worried and angry about how the babysitter is treating his child.

The child answered with a soft 'ok' before their call ended, he quickly turned to look at his secretary.

“It's everything alright?" Mark asked, noticing the worried and panic in his boss's eyes after that call.

“How much longer will this take? " Jackson asked,planning to rush home after this.

“Half an hour." Mark answered after checking his watch while Jackson nodded, looking very distracted at this point.

"You do remember that we have another meeting after this, right?" Mark reminded when he realize that the other seems to be in hurry.

Jackson almost groaned when he remember about the other meeting, he totally forget about it before thinking hard on how to solve the situation, he laid his eyes on the secretary that's busy jotting something down in his planner.

"Can you speak English?"Jackson asked, just to reconfirmed even though he clearly remember about the target studying in the States.

“Yes." Mark answered, lost as he look at Jackson, waiting for more words to be spoken.

“Great, can you help check up on my daughter? I think something it's up with the babysitter. She can only speak English by the way." Jackson asked, causing the secretary to slowly nod as he was surprised by the info he just received.

“But...the meeting.." Mark exclaimed, he can't possibly leave the other alone to handle the meetings.

“Don't worry, I will handle it, just check on her and feed her. She probably starving right now. I trust you on this." Jackson said after he finished scribbling down his address before passing it together with his house key and some cash.

“Take a cab and do what you seems fit, I will call you once this meeting is done." Jackson said causing Mark to nod after passing all the materials for the meeting over to the other.

Seeing how serious Jackson is about this situation, he hurried over to house written in that address.

When he finally arrived in front of the house, smaller than he expected but still it was inviting, Mark quickly pulled out the keys but the faint voice makes him paused his movement.

“What's wrong with you? Why can't you just stay still? Troublesome brat!" A female voice shouted in obviously Korean before he heard a smack sound and instantly sobs were heard.

Mark feels his blood boils just from the sounds as he quickly unlock the door and rushes in, surprising the female whose standing in front of a puddle of spilled milk with a girl curled up into a ball, hiding by the counter, crying.

Mark rushes straight to the girl, pulling her into his embrace before looking at the female whose staring at him.

“Who are you?" The female asked while Mark just stay quiet, slowly picking the child up before bring her over to the couch.

“Dear, are you alright?" Mark asked, wiping the girl's tears with his thumb while Jade just stare at him, a bit lost.

“Where's Daddy?" Jade asked, looking around to find the familiar face.

“Daddy is still at work, I'm his friend, Uncle Mark." Mark introduced himself causing the child to stare more before nodding.

“Did she beat you?" Mark asked, noticing her right cheek was a bit redder than the other.

Jade hesitant as she took a look at the lady glaring at her before slowly nodding, touching her right cheek.

“You can leave, we don't need your service here." Mark said firmly in Korean, looking at the lady who clearly was offended.
“Who are you to fired me? What did I do wrong?" The lady asked, wouldn't budge from where she was standing.

“It's either you leave or I'm gonna call the police. let's hear what they gonna say about you slapping this child." Mark threatened causing the fear to finally appear on her face before she quickly run out of the house with her backpack.

Mark asked the child to stay put before he go ahead and close the door and checking up the mess by the counter which he quickly clean up.

“I'm sorry. I'm hungry and wanted to pour myself some milk." A timid apology was heard as Jade appeared behind Mark, watching the figure finished his clean up.

“It's fine, dear. Your cheek still hurts? " Mark asked after he washed his hand, squatting down to be at the same level as Jade.

“A bit." The child replied with a small smile causing Mark to grinned as he rubbed the sore cheek before blowing on it, causing her to giggle.
.
“What do you wanna eat?" Mark asked as he picked her up and carries her around the kitchen, checking the fridge for available ingredients.

“Pizza!" Jade cheered causing Mark to laugh before pinching her nose, couldn't resist the cuteness.

“Alright but it will take a while. Do you want some cookies while you wait?" Mark said as he puts her down at one of the stool at the counter.

“Yes please, thank you." The child said, grinning at Mark who chuckled before grabbing a few pieces from the cookie jar on the counter and platting it for her.

“There you go, don't make a mess now." Mark said before pouring a cup of milk too, serving it to the cute child whose nodding.

While working on the topping, Mark's phone rang causing him to quickly pick up, noticing his boss's number flashing on the screen.

“Mark, how is she?" Jackson's worried voice greeted him causing the secretary to smile as he watches the child absorbed in watching cartoons in the living room after her snack..

“Good,she is watching cartoons now." Mark answered as he walked back to the kitchen, one hand turning the knob to heat up the oven.

“Have she eaten? What happened to the babysitter?" Jackson shoots out more questions worriedly, he was panicking the whole time because he didn't know of the situation.

“Nope, I'm making her some pizza now but I did let her snack on some cookies first and about the babysitter, I fired her. " Mark explained, feeling a bit awkward since he kinda when ahead of himself and fired the babysitter without even consulting it with his boss.
Jackson was surprised to hear both, the fact that he is cooking something for his child and he even fired the babysitter.

“Alright, we will talk more later when I'm home, please take good care of her for me until then. Thanks." Jackson said sincerely causing Mark to smile, feeling his heart flutters upon hearing those sincere words.

“No problem, Jackson." Mark said, finding that the name rolled off his tongue easier than before as their call ended.

By the time Jackson reached home, it was passed dinner time and he was greeted with Mark quietly seating in the living room with Jade fast asleep on his lap and the soft sound of television in the background.

“Hey” Jackson greeted softly as he got nearer to the couch, squatting down to kiss his bunny on the cheek before looking up at Mark with a soft smile, the secretary’s heart flutters as he look at that loving gaze watching his daughter.

“Hey, how was the meeting?” Mark asked, pushing the fluttering away as his eyes watches his boss plopping down beside him, it was a three seater couch afterall.

“It went smoothly, luckily. How was she, did she misbehaved?” Jackson asked as he took off his suit jacket and tie, finally he could relax himself.

“No, she was great. She instantly fall asleep after dinner, must be really filled up.” Mark commented, smiling as he look at the cutie soundly asleep on his lap.

“Thanks, it’s really hard to get someone that can get along well with her, after all it’s has always been just me around her, her whole life.” Jackson said gratefully causing Mark to nod in understanding as Jackson reached out to caress Jade’s hair lovingly.

The moment were disturbed by Jackson’s stomach growling causing Mark to smile while Jackson just laughed out in embrassement.

“You want some pizza?” Mark asked causing the boss to nod excitedly before they decided that it’s best for Jackson to sent Jade into her room while Mark go ahead to grab a few slices for his boss.

“Gosh, this is delicious!” Jackson exclaimed in awed as he bite another mouthful of the pizza, Mark laughed at his childish boss as he returned from the kitchen with their drinks.

As they seated at the dining table, the atmosphere slowly turned awkward so Jackson decided to break the silence with asking on today’s happening.

“I almost forgot, what’s up with the babysitter? Why did you fired her?” Jackson asked causing Mark to put down the soda he was sipping, looking seriously at his boss.

“When I arrived here I could hear her scolding Jade in Korean and then I heard a smack so I rushed in and found Jade crying, I asked her and found out that the lady slapped her. I got really mad and ask her to leave but she won’t budge so I kinda of threatened her until she finally left. She also didn’t feed Jade like you guessed, she was sleeping the whole time it’s what Jade told me. I’m sorry that I didn’t consult you first, it’s just that I was really angry and kinda when ahead of myself.” Mark explained and apologized causing Jackson to shook his head, glad that the other did the right thing.

“No, you did the right thing. I’m thankful, I will make sure to report all her doing to the agency. Kids don’t deserve to be treated like that by her.” Jackson said, feeling angry but relief that Jade were no longer under that person care.

Mark nodded before deciding it’s time for him to leave as he grabbed his backpack while Jackson quickly finished up his last piece and walk him to the door.

“Thanks and goodnight.” Jackson said causing Mark to smile softly as he when ahead to exit the house, looking at Jackson once again.

“Good night.” The secretary wished before walking off with a content smile while Jackson could only watched the figure disappeared into the night with a small smile.

It was weird but somehow Mark fit right in with him and Jade, it feels complete with his presence.

 


A/N: Hello, you lovely people! Thank you so much for all the love and support on the first chapter. I was so happy to see the usual and new readers, gathering to read this. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter too and share your feels on their first meeting.
Also I saw alot of you guys calling yourself my fans so I was thinking if I should have a name for you guys lol it's properly a bit silly to think about that but if you guys want, just for the fun of it please tell me in your comment and leave a name if you have a suggestion.
Well, that's all :) Thank you again for reading and subscribing everyone.
<3 InfinitelyCassie