#4: Announcement

My Lover, Your Babysitter

#4: Announcement

It has been a week since they sealed the deal and today's Mark's last day as his secretary just like how he had promised Mrs Kim to 'fired' Mark.

As Jackson was busy working on some document, he heard a sharp knock on his door causing him to call out for the other to come in.

"Hey Jacks!" The familiar voice greeted the smiling president, glad to see his best friend after a while.

"JB!" Jackson called out, getting up before squeezing the other in a bear hug.

"Gosh, I'm gonna die." Jaebum exclaimed dramatically, bursting out in laughter before finally letting go of each other.

"Take a seat." Jackson offered before taking a seat back, facing his best friend.

"Thanks for taking the offer even though it's such last minute thing." Jackson thanked sincerely, glad that Jaebum could fly in at such a short notice.

"No problem, my parents has been bugging me to come back anyway so I just grabbed your offer and fly back." Jaebum said, smiling reassuringly before looking around to admire the big office.

They had been best friends since college days so Jackson knows how chill and calm Jaebum is about his decisions, he was such a free spirit from before and would always go by the flow of things including being a musician as his career back in the State even though he studies Literature and Business Management in college.

"Come in!" Jackson called out when he heard that familiar soft knocks, Mark appearing soon after with a tray and two cups of juices.

Jaebum's eyes immediately stuck on the attractive male, grinning at the quiet other who quickly served them their drink and his stares didn't go unnoticed by Jackson.

"JB, let me introduce to you, Mark. You will be taking over his place." Jackson introduced causing Mark to bow which caused the Korean to quickly stand up and return his bow.

"Mark, make sure you pass the planner to Jaebum later or he would be lost on his first day next week." Jackson reminded causing Mark to nod while Jaebum just pouted, taking his seat back again.

"Wait! You are telling me that Mr Cutie here, aren't going to be around next week?" Jaebum asked sadly while Mark blushed a bit at the name his being called by his replacement.

"Duh, aren't you taking over his place genius?" Jackson said, rolling his eyes at the pouting Jaebum whose grinning at his attractive secretary who decided to blush at this moment.

"Ahemm..how long are you gonna flirt?" Jackson asked when he now saw Jaebum sending winks to the awkward secretary.

"Fine..are you free to hang out tonight? I wanna chill out." Jaebum sighed, focusing back to Jackson while Mark just stay quiet, looking at his boss.

Jackson immediately look at Mark, knowing that they clearly agreed on picking Jade up from the daycare centre before having pizza together to celebrate her last day at the center.

Seeing the hesitant in Jackson's face, Mark gives a reassuring nod since he knows that even his boss needs a break at times and he didn't mind spending the night watching Finding Nemo with Jade while munching on chessy pizza, it's fun.

Without realizing that Jaebum is watching them, Jackson's smile at his secretary before nodding to his best friend who just smirk in amusement.

Mark quickly excused himself after that since he still have a lot of things to sort before the handover to Jaebum.

“So...what’s going on between you and Mr Cutie? Hmm..” Jaebum asked in a teasing tone causing Jackson to panic for a bit, they haven’t really announced anything since the deal, it will be weird to say it now.

“We are dating.” Jackson said slowly, forcing those words out of him while Jaebum just stare at him in disbelief.

“WHAT? YOU ARE DATING? YOU ARE KIDDING ME, RIGHT?” Jaebum exclaimed in total shock once he processed that information while Jackson just winced at the piercing tone.

“I know...It’s weird but it’s just happened and it’s a bonus since Jade loves him to bits.” Jackson sighed, clearly expecting that reaction from his best friend since he never dated before.

It was all just flirting, fun and games on his part before Jade come along and when she finally did, Jackson didn’t even had the time to think about dating or even love, he was too busy raising up his daughter.

“Wow, he must be something to win your heart. I’m happy for you Jacks but bumped at the same time. My Mr Cutie is taken.” Jaebum sobbed dramatically causing Jackson to chuckled before throwing a paper ball at his best friend’s direction.

“Stop being dramatic and that’s for calling him a cutie.” Jackson playfully glared which earned him a pout from Jaebum who sighed ‘miserably’ at his sad life.

“When will I find another cutie again…” Jaebum mumbled sadly causing Jackson to burst into laughter, he wonder why aren’t the other an actor instead, so dramatic. 

Meanwhile outside, Mark was being called in again by Yugyeom which cause Youngjae to sigh since the older was obviously busy over at his desk but the vice president can’t stop calling for Mark that it’s starting to annoyed both secretaries.

“Yes Yug, what do you need now?” Mark said, looking at the smiling younger while waiting for an order even though it wasn’t his job to served Yugyeom since he does have Youngjae but if he didn’t listen, poor Youngjae would suffered the consequence of cranky Yugyeom.

The whole time he had spent as Jackson’s secretary, he had notice how Yugyeom was nothing like in everyone’s eyes even in his before, he was just a cranky brat to be honest and he do feels bad for Youngjae that had to deal with all his whinces and complaints.

“Mark hyung, let’s go for dinner. Please!” Yugyeom said, pouting while Mark slowly shook his head, he can’t because he still need to pick up Jade after work and he had promise to stay away from Yugyeom at all cost as not to invite trouble from Mrs Kim

“Why?” Yugyeom asked, getting up to approached the older who just stay rooted, thinking about Jackson’s words from one of their late night chat this past week, they needed to find a right moment to reveal their ‘relationship’ to the younger.

“I had something on, why don’t I invite you over to my place this Sunday?” Mark said after thinking hard, it’s better to get this done fast because Yugyeom is getting impatient, waiting for his answer to the confession.

Yugyeom grinned happily at the invite since the older had never invite him over, it was a good news on his side and he couldn’t wait for Mark’s answer.

“Fine, hyung. I can’t wait.” Yugyeom cheered happily, pulling Mark into a hug that the older reluctantly returned, saying sorry in his heart for making him these excited without knowing what’s heading his way.

####

"Yi En.." Jackson called out as he and Jaebum exited his office, ready for their night out but still he needed to talk to Mark about Jade.

"Going?" Mark asked in mandarin, looking up at the boss who nodded while Jaebum and Youngjae just watches their exchange with a tint of amusement.

"Are you sure? I could go another day." Jackson asked in the same language, concern clear on his face as Mark just smile, giving a reassuring nod.

"Don't worry, have fun. I will see you at home." Mark assured, standing up to passed Jackson his jacket that the younger had borrowed him during lunch earlier.

"Thanks, I will see you. Drive well and give her a goodnight kiss for me if I'm late." Jackson said, grinning as he puts back on his jacket before passing his car keys to the older.

"What about you? I can just take a cab." Mark asked worriedly, rejecting the keys since the other clearly needed it for tonight.

"It's fine, JB is driving anyway." Jackson said, pointing to Jaebum which earn a short nod from Mark before the president's eyes tried to find for the person who owned the office next to him.

"He left about an hour ago, no idea where." Youngjae said without being asked when he noticed Jackson's eyes looking for their vice president.

"Why am I not surprise? Oh well, let's go.." Jaebum commented causing Jackson to sighed before looking at the quiet Youngjae whose staring at his best friend.

"Go ahead, we are leaving soon too." Mark said, urging the duo to leave before the tension in the air just gets higher.

"What does he know? Idiot.." Youngjae mumbled under his breath, the moment the duo are out of earshot but Mark clearly heard that and it wasn't just like the younger to hate on someone like that.

"Let's go, Youngjae. I still need to pick Jade up." Mark said, earning a nod from the younger before they packed up and leave the office for the weekends.

“What’s going on between you and Jackson hyung, speaking in mandarin, name that I never heard before and you picking Jade up like it’s nothing? You guys are together, right?” Youngjae asked so suddenly during the drive, surprising the older but he just kept his composure, trying to figure out on how to answer the other.

It’s true that their movement and actions towards each other changed drastically since the deal had been made, the late night chats that they had make them learn so much about each other including how they both love to talk in their native language, mandarin or how they both had chinese name that sounded special to other’s ears when they used it on each other.

They clearly had grown more comfortable towards each other especially with him moving into Jackson’s house, his life is practically surrounded by the father and daughter pair.

“Maybe I guess…” Mark said out hesitantly causing Youngjae to gasped in disbelief, staring at him while the older just stayed quiet, waiting for something to be said.

“Wow, you really fall for him after all.” Youngjae commented after a while, breaking the sudden silence with a small smile on his face.

Mark didn’t know how to react though especially not when he noticed the tint of sadness in Youngjae’s eyes even though he had a smile on his face.

The remaining ride to Youngjae’s apartment was just pure silence, no other words except for a soft ‘thanks’ from the younger when Mark dropped him off.

Meanwhile, the duo was just chilling out in a pub as they drink and chatted away without much fun or action going on since both aren’t really in the mood to party or get wasted.

The hours passed by with them catching up or jamming to their favourite songs that was played, watching others partying out in the dance floor like there’s no tomorrow.

“I feel so old watching them partying so hard but at the same time, I’m just too lazy to dance.” Jaebum commented causing Jackson to chuckled as he watches the crowds but then he noticed a familiar face in the crowd, looking dead drunk.

“Gyeom..” Jackson muttered out in surprise causing him to quickly stand up in reflect but Jaebum hold on to him, pausing his intention to approached the younger.

“No, you don’t want to get involved, let’s just get out of here.” Jaebum advised, knowing well that nothing come good comes when it involved Kim Yugyeom.

He watched Yugyeom dancing, swaying left and right before finally falling on his face when his body hit against someone’s else while his equally drunk circle laughed at him, no intention of helping him up at all.

Jackson couldn’t stand it any longer so he quickly run for the younger after freeing himself from Jaebum’s hold.

“Gyeom, let’s go..” Jackson said as he lifted him up but the drunk younger only pushed him away once he barely standing before pointing at Jackson and laughed.

“Ah..it’s this trash….what makes you think that you are better than me, huh?” Yugyeom exclaimed, slurring those words before laughing at Jackson like he is some kind of a joke.

“Yugyeom, let’s go.” Jackson said once again firmly, holding onto Yugyeom’s arm while ignoring the audiences watching them and the piercing pain in his heart.

“Tsk..this trash doesn’t know where he stand...acting like my big brother…” Yugyeom slurred out spitefully, laughing with his drunken friends who enjoying the drama.

“You are not my brother, you are just a trash that Appa picked up. Don’t get too ahead of yourself.” Yugyeom added before drinking more out of the bottle in his friend’s hand after pulling his arm out of Jackson’s hold.

“Kim Yugyeom, home now.” Jackson ordered like a big brother, ignoring all those words because he loves his baby brother a lot and it didn’t matter how much value he holds in Yugyeom’s eyes, it was enough for him to love the other regardlessly,

“BACK OFF!” Yugyeom barked, throwing the bottle before walking away in a mess with his friends while Jackson tried to follow but Jaebum holds on tighter this time round.

“Let’s go.” Jaebum said softly to the clearly hurt Jackson who just nodded before letting himself being dragged out of the pub and drive home by his best friend.

“Night, Jacks. Don’t think too much about that brat.” Jaebum said, earning a short nod from the president with a small smile before he gets off Jaebum’s car.

When unlocking the front door, Jackson tried his best to put a smile on his face before eventually opening it, he was surprised that he was greeted by silence instead of the sounds from the television like he expected.

When he didn’t spot anyone in the living room, Jackson locks the door behind him before advancing forward where he heard faint movements coming from the kitchen.

As he took a peek from the entrance, he was surprised to see Mark clearing some mess before wiping the countertop, probably the mess from dinner.

“Hey, I’m back.” Jackson greeted softly, startling the older who obviously unaware of his presence but nonetheless turn to greet the younger with a smile.

“Hey, how was the night out?” Mark asked as he when to wash his hands clean before approaching the younger whose leaning by the entrance.

“It was nice, how was Jade?” Jackson asked, trying to change the topic to the child that he didn’t spotted at all since he entered the house.

“Fine, we had pasta and ice cream for dinner while watching Finding Nemo.” Mark answered smiling, reaching out for the extra tub that Jade had kept aside for her father in the fridge.

“How many rounds?” Jackson asked, chuckling as he accepted the tub and tiny spoon from Mark before they both headed for the couch, the president immediately let out a sigh of relief as he plopped down.

“Three, she fall asleep while we are watching the fourth round.” Mark answered, slouching a bit as he rested his head on the couch, enjoying the peaceful atmosphere surrounding them.

“She likes Nemo too much, I swear.” Jackson commented, laughing as he eat scoops of the dessert while Mark nodded even though he knows the other can’t see it.

“You want some?” Jackson said, offering a scoop which caught the older by surprise but Mark found himself nodding before he tasted the cold dessert.

Jackson smiled as he watches the other’s face scrunched cutely because of the coldness, it was really hard for him to believe that Mark was older than him, he just look to young and cute to be older that’s almost unfair.

“You know I told JB about us.” Jackson said, breaking the comfortable silence after almost ten minutes of him just feeding Mark and himself ice cream.

“You mean as in the deal?” Mark pointed out, straightening himself to face Jackson who already turned his body earlier to feed him easier.

“No, about us ‘dating’.” Jackson explained which earned him a nod from Mark who also had things to tell the younger.

“I kinda told Youngjae too, he was asking about us.” Mark said slowly, looking at Jackson’s expression that suddenly drop a bit at the mention of the younger secretary.

Mark wasn’t sure what to feel at this moment, he wasn’t sure if he had did the right choice in going along with this deal but he really hope he did and no one gets hurt in the process except for Yugyeom since they are doing this to keep him away after all.

“Yugyeom, I invited him over on Sunday so that we can get on with the plan. He slowly getting impatient waiting for my answer on his confession.” Mark added on when the president didn’t say anything other than just looking at him.

“Good, the sooner, the better or she won’t stop hunting for my head everyday.” Jackson finally commented, referring to where Mrs Kim calls everyday just to make sure he really fired Mark Tuan.

Mark just nodded as he watches how Jackson seems to zone out after those words, his now empty tub seating on the coffee table.

“Yi En, am I such a pain to deal with?” Jackson suddenly asked in mandarin, turning to look at Mark who quickly shook his head even though surprised by the question,

“Why would you say that, Ka Yee? Did something happened?” Mark asked, looking worriedly at the other but Jackson just move and snuggled closer to him before resting his head on the older’s shoulder.

Seeing how the president aren’t saying anything, Mark mentally sighed before reaching out to entangled his hand with Jackson, in a way telling the younger that he’s always there for him.

###

“Uncle Mark, more pancakes please.” Jade said, grinning as she showed her empty plate covered with maple syrup to the older who chuckled.

“Of course, dear.” Mark said, taking a piece from the stack of chocolate chips pancakes and puts it on the child’s plate while Jackson still busy checking the morning paper.

“Daddy, eat up. Your pancakes are turning cold.” Jade reminded her father, nudging on Jackson’s arm whose seated to her right while Mark whose on her left smiled in amusement as he refilled Jade’s cup with more apple juice.

Jackson pouted at his child before stuffing a whole piece into his mouth, watching the sulking president just amused Mark even more as he pours a cup of coffee for Jackson before he choked.

“Thank you, you saved me.” Jackson sighed after he gulped down the drink, almost choking from stuffing a piece just like that into his mouth.

“You are welcome, please don’t do that again. Your daughter needs you.” Mark scolded lightly as he got up to pour some maple syrup on his other piece causing Jackson to grinned like a child.

“Thank you, Yi En.” Jackson said in mandarin before he starts stuffing pieces into his mouth while Jade and Mark just laughed at him while eating their own breakfast.

While they are eating away, the doorbell rang which caused Jackson to quickly answered, since he has been expecting the person.

“You better have breakfast ready or I’m gonna kill you.” Jaebum grumbled, glaring at Jackson who just dragged him into the house while rolling his eyes.

“Uncle JB!” Jade cheered, the moment she saw the familiar face before jumping down from her chair with the help of Mark and run straight to the now grinning man.

“Princess, how have you been?” Jaebum asked as he carried her in his arm and walk towards the dinning table, a little taken aback to see Mark there.
 
“Good, I have been a good girl.” Jade answered proudly causing Jaebum to smile as he ruffled her hair while Jackson had returned to vacuuming up his pancakes.

“Where is my breakfast, Mr?” Jaebum asked as he playfully glare at the nonchalant Jackson who muttered a low ‘get it yourself’, earning him a smack on his hand from the slightly older male.

Mark shook his head at the childish boss before getting up to grab a set of plate and utensil for the guest, serving two pieces of the pancake and a good amount of maple syrup.

“Thank you, Cutie.” Jaebum thanked flirtatiously causing Mark to smile while Jackson smacked his arm this time around, glaring at him.

“Excuse me, can you stop flirting with my boyfriend?” Jackson said which cause Mark to instantly blushed at that foreign calling, it makes his heart flutters.

Jaebum just stick his tongue out at his best friend before start enjoying the pancakes while Jade just shook her head at the childish pair, hopping off Jaebum’s lap.

“Uncle Mark, please take good care of them while I showers. They tend to misbehave when I’m not around.” Jade said like an adult before heading straight to the shower, leaving an amused Mark and an offended Jackson and Jaebum behind.

“You guys heard her, better behave while I help her get ready.” Mark said, smiling to the two before going after the five year old who's currently happily singing in her shower as she shampooed her hair away.

“Should I be offended or not?” Jaebum muttered, looking at his best friend who just sighed, resigning to the fate of having a very mature five year old.

“You will get used to it, man. Trust me.” Jackson said, sympathizing with the other as he tapped his shoulder as a form of comfort.

“You didn’t tell me Mark is here, he came for breakfast?” Jaebum asked after a few minutes, didn’t expect to see the other at all since it’s still quite early and it’s on a Sunday.

“He actually moved in with me, he wanted to help with taking care of Jade that’s why he quit, he wanted to stay at home and be with her. It’s perfect for me since I had problems finding a daycare that suitable for her especially with the language barrier and all.” Jackson explained, half lying since he intended to keep the deal in between them, it was better that way.

“Wow, he’s really something else. I’m glad you find someone that loves Jade as much as you, man.” Jaebum said, feeling great for his dear best friend that had when through a lot to be where he is right now.

Jackson nodded, thinking to himself that it will be wonderful if that was truth but he knows that this so called relationship and arrangement happened because of a deal if not Mark wouldn’t even move in, in the first place.

“I’m ready.” Jade announced, appearing in a cute pink hoodie with rabbit ears and jeans, her hairs in pigtails as she is ready for her day out with her Uncle JB.

“Aww, too cute.” Jaebum cooed at the child, pinching her chubby cheeks before quickly finishing his breakfast.

Mark smiled at the excited cutie skipping around before turning to look at his messy boss who had syrup stain all over his mouth.

Shaking his head, he reached out for a tissue before wiping the clueless Jackson’s mouth causing Jaebum and Jade to laugh at seeing Jackson being treated like a child.

“Daddy is a messy cat too.” Jade commented causing Jaebum to burst into more laughter, Jackson pouted while Mark high fived with the child in an agreement.

With all the chitter chatter, chaos and teasing from Jaebum, they had successfully see Jade off to the spend the day with Jaebum while they deal with the Yugyeom situation at home.

Upon further discussion yesterday, they concluded that it’s best to not have Jade around during the ‘reveal’ because it’s clear, they don’t know what to expect off Yugyeom’s reaction therefore Jackson had asked a favour from Jaebum to bring her out.

“You ready?” Jackson asked, looking at the older who nodded, determined to play his role well today before they separated to get the house ready with Mark’s cooking and Jackson’s cleaning.

After he was done with his bit of just clearing the house a bit, Jackson found himself sneaking from the behind the older whose absorbed plating his lasagna.

“Smells good.” Jackson commented, startling the older a bit but calm down when he realized it was just the younger.

“I didn’t know what to cook so I just whipped up some lasagna and some mushroom soup.” Mark informed, smiling as he continue his task.

“It’s plenty for us, I’m sure it’s tasty.” Jackson said, hands back hugging Mark unconsciously which surprised the older since they never had this kind of intimacy or skinship before but he found himself not minding it much, just a little awkward.

“You ok, you look stiften?” Jackson asked, peeking from the side to look at his face which almost cause Mark’s heart to stop when he turned to reply him, their lips are inchies apart.

“I’m just not use to..” Mark trailed off as he look down at the hands which caused the younger to follow suit, quickly realizing the situation.

“I’m sorry..I jus..” Jackson stuttered as he quickly pulled away, mentally cursing himself for being an idiot, he just make Mark feel more awkward now.

“It’s fine, I’m not mad. I’m just not used to it.” Mark explained, turning to face the flustered Jackson with a reassuring smile.

“You have to get use to it now, you are my boyfriend.” Jackson teased, pulling the older in for a bear hug which caused Mark to chuckled while nodding.

The doorbell rang, disturbing that sweet moment between them before Mark had insisted that he will answer the door, just in case it was Yugyeom since he had texted him earlier to come for lunch and it’s already noon.

“Mark hyung.” Yugyeom greeted happily, the moment Mark greeted as he opened the door which makes the older feels nervous.

“Come in, Yug.” Mark invited in, smiling which the younger gladly did before he trailed after Yugyeom once he closes the door.

Jackson who heard his little brother’s voice from the kitchen, readied himself with a deep breath before stepping out with the readied lasagna.

“Hey Gyeom!” Jackson greeted, smiling while the younger immediately frown at the sight of him, eyeing him.

“What are you doing here?” Yugyeom asked, of course he wasn’t expecting to see his older in Mark’s house.

“Let’s eat first, we talk more after lunch.” Mark said, ushering both to the dinning table before he seated himself beside Jackson, causing Yugyeom whose seated facing them to stare.

“How do you like the food?” Mark asked, trying to break the tension while Yugyeom nodded, smiling at him.

“What I told you, it’s gonna be tasty right?” Jackson commented, pinching Mark’s nose causing him to pout at Jackson.

“Gosh, don’t do that. We are in front of him.” Jackson purposely teased, nuzzling his nose nearer to Mark’s face which caused the older to giggle while Yugyeom is fuming watching them.

“Is there something I need to know?” Yugyeom sounded out, loud and clear causing both to look at him, jealousy clear on his face.

“Let’s talk after th..” Mark tried to reasoned but Yugyeom had cut him, staring at him dead on with eyes spelling out betrayal.

“No, I want to hear it now.” Yugyeom hissed out, eyeing the two because he doesn't care, he don’t like it when people hides thing from him.

“Fine, you want to know so much. We are together, dating and in love therefore he can’t accept your confession.” Jackson said, entangling their hands together in front of Yugyeom which caused the younger to explode.

“No, you are lying! It’s not true, right Mark hyung?” Yugyeom asked, looking desperately at Mark who gripped tighter on Jackson’s hand, he needs to break the kid heart for this to be over.

“I’m sorry Yugyeom but it’s impossible between us from the start, I only see you as a younger brother, nothing more or less. I always wanted to tell you this but you didn’t give me a chance.” Mark said truthfully while Yugyeom keep on shaking his head, almost in denial as he got up from his seat, still staring at Mark.

“Gyeom..” Jackson called out as he got up, approaching the younger but instead of responding Yugyeom punched him hard on his face which send him to the floor.

“Yugyeom, what are you doing?” Mark asked, rushing to Jackson’s side as he helped the other whose with a bleeding lips up, looking at the younger whose clearly mad.

“You like taking what’s mine, right? Fine, don’t think I will just give up on Mark hyung so easily.” Yugyeom warned, ignoring Mark’s disappointed look at him as he walked out, leaving the pair behind.

“Ka Yee…” Mark uttered out when he saw tears dripping on Jackson’s cheek, it must hurt so bad to hear those words from your little brother.

“Yi En, I did the right thing, right?” Jackson asked in their native language, looking at the older with hopefully eyes that it was hard for Mark, he didn’t want to be the cause of this mess in the first place.

“Yes, you did. We, both did.” Mark reassured, pulling the younger into his embrace as tears continue to dripped down Jackson’s cheek, he hasn’t feel warmness in a long while.

They stayed in each other embrace with no words exchanged, just warmness and supports that was given in silence.


A/N: Hello Influffies! Did you guys feel like strangling Yugyeom yet? Keke ~ How was this chapter, did you like it? Please share with me below your feels on it, I'm excited to know :) Thank you for subscribing, upvotes and of course reading. You guys are the sweetest! That's all for now, see you again on the next update ~

PS: For my muslim Influffies, happy fasting for the upcoming ramadan. Take good care of yourself and let's go through the month together :)

<3 InfinitelyCassie