#1: Reluctance

My Lover, Your Babysitter

#1: Reluctance

"Daddy!" Jade squealed, running right into her dad's arms the moment the figure was standing by the daycare gate like usual.

"Bunny, how was your day?" Jackson asked his five years old, pecking the giggling child on her cheeks as they walked to his car with her in his arms.

"Good, we do lots of drawing today." Jade exclaimed excitedly, ready to pulled out a drawing of hers in her backpack the moment Jackson put her in the backseat.

"See, is it pretty?" Jade said, showing the cute drawing of her and her dad with shining eyes, waiting for her dad to praise like usual.

"Of course, like my Bunny." Jackson praised, giving a thumbs up before pinching the excited child nose lightly.

"What do you want eat for dinner?" Jackson asked as he positioned the child properly before fastening her seat belt, Jade hums as she thinks about her dinner.

"Cheesy pizza, please!" Jade exclaimed with puppy eyes causing the dad to sighed at his irresistible cutie before nodding, the child cheered in full happiness

“Pizza, pizza, pizza…” Jade hums happily as they walked hand in hand along the corridor to their apartment after stopping by to get a large trio cheese pizza with coke on the way home.

“Now, let’s eat dinner first before we have you washed up for the night.” Jackson instructed, earning an eager nod from the child as she watches her dad plating a slice of pizza for her.

“Delicious...daddy aren’t you eating?” Jade sighed happily before looking at her dad seated beside her, worried that Jackson aren’t eating anything yet.

“I’m not hungry yet, Bunny. You eat up.” Jackson said, smiling as he patted the child’s head lovingly causing Jade to pout before offering to feed her dad.

“It’s delicious, I promise.” Jade assured her dad cutely causing Jackson to chuckled at her antics before biting off a bit from her slice just to satisfied her.

She smiled happily before continuing on feeding Jackson in between her own bits which caused her dad to laughed heartly at her clumsy but persistent effort to feed him properly each time. 

As the father and daughter continues eating, Jackson’s phone suddenly rang which caused him to quickly picked up after telling Jade to go on and enjoy her now second slice.

“Omma.” Jackson exclaimed after moving away a few steps away from Jade, wondering why the elder is suddenly calling him after not doing so for almost half a year.

“Jackson dear, how are you?” Mrs Kim asked, not liking the distance tone coming from her older adopted son, he just sound so foreign to her.

“Good, do you need anything Omma?” Jackson asked, straight to the point because he knows the lady, she wouldn’t call if it’s only for small chit chats.

“Nothing dear, I just thought it’s about time you come back to take over my position and guide Yugyeom at the same time.” Mrs Kim said, knowing that with Jackson there wasn’t a need to beat around the bush about anything.

“I don’t think so, Omma. Gyeom would be a better choice and he would do just fine without me like he always had.” Jackson reasoned, trying to convince Mrs Kim otherwise because there’s no way he wants to go back to a place his Bunny isn’t gonna be welcome in as his eyes watches her happily sipping on her tiny cup of coke.

“It’s an order, Jackson. I want you back and in charge of that position. You are the most suitable for it.” Mrs Kim said causing Jackson to mentally winced at those words, he really don’t have a choice after all.

####

“Hyung, join me for lunch? " Yugyeom exclaimed, appearing beside the absorbed Mark who's finishing up on his report.

“You go ahead, Yug. I gotta finish this up." Mark said, avoiding those eyes in his team staring at them like usual.

It has been six months since he started working at Kim Publishing as the global production team manager.

“Hyung.." Yugyeom pouted causing Mark to be more uncomfortable, not when the vice president is acting like that in front of his whole team.

Sighing at the situation, he reluctantly nodded before following the now happy younger boss out of the office for lunch.

Now, don't get him wrong. Mark enjoy the company of Yugyeom because he's already like a younger brother to him but being this close to the company vice president definitely earned him stares and gossips along the way.

He didn't know why the younger suddenly approached him during his second day of work but they instantly clicked and Mark was glad he found a friend in the younger.

“Let's eat here." Yugyeom exclaimed, pointed out a fancy restaurant that's serving Italian which wasn't really Mark's thing since he prefers a more laid back setting but Yugyeom already entered before he could say anything.

As he trailed after the younger, he noticed that the place is quiet and empty which is obviously weird since it's lunch time now.

Taking a seat located at the table near the piano, Mark observed how the setting seems almost too romantic for a simple lunch break.

“Yug, what's going on?" Mark asked but the younger just smiled, asking him to go ahead and order first.

As time passed, Mark kinda got the situation especially when a stalk of rose appeared with their dessert course, chocolate pudding.

“Hyung, you know how we instantly clicked the day we met?" Yugyeom started causing Mark to nod as he continue eating the pudding.

“It's also at that time I realized that I can never find someone that matches me this well and over time, my feelings grows..." Yugyeom paused causing Mark to put down his spoon, giving the younger his full attention.

“And I think I’m in love with you, would you be my boyfriend?” Yugyeom confessed, confidently with the rose in his hand as he waited nervously for Mark’s reaction.

Mark feel like his heart just stop beating, it was the situation he was dreading because he didn’t have any romantic feelings for the younger, it never once crossed his mind for the past six month that they can be anything more than friends.

“It’s fine, if you can’t answer me now. Take your time.” Yugyeom said, a tint of disappointment was clear in his voice as he puts down the rose in front of Mark’s dessert plate, forcing a smile as he looked at the older.

“No, I should give you an answer. I’m sorry Yug but…” Mark finally said something, breaking his silence to reject but Yugyeom cut his words before he could say those hurtful words.

“It’s really fine, take you time to reconsider. I don’t mind waiting for you, hyung.” Yugyeom exclaimed, clearly hinting that he wouldn’t listen nor accept Mark’s rejection today before he continues to enjoy the pudding.

Mark sighed, he knows himself well so there’s no way he would develop feelings for the younger but if Yugyeom wanted some time before hearing him out then he will give that to him at least.

After their lunch, the whole ride back to the office has been quiet and Mark really couldn’t blame anyone especially there was obvious awkwardness and tension between them after that.

“Thanks.” Mark said, ready to climb out of the vice president’s car but the hold on his hand, paused his every intention as he turned to look at Yugyeom.

“I know that the confession might had shocked you but just know I really do love you and I will never give up on you.” Yugyeom said in almost a low whisper before letting go of the nand as he look at Mark with a smile.

Lost by the sudden words, Mark dumbly nodded as he returned the smile before continue his every intention to exit the car, he can’t stand the awkwardness any longer.

####

Jackson stares at the huge mansion that he used to call home, nothing really changes since 7 years ago but it didn’t surprise him because the Kim doesn’t like changes, even the people leaving in the mansion didn’t change and he was more that used to it by now.

“It’s so big.” Jade squealed excitedly as she climbed out of the cab, jumping up and down in excitement to see a beautiful house with a pretty garden outside like those in her storybook.

Jackson smile as he watches his bunny, closing the cab door behind her after paying the driver, taking the excited child’s hand in his own.

“Remember what I teached you, Bunny?” Jackson asked, walking their way to the door hand in hand while the child nodded, remembering that she needs to bow when she finally see her grandma

With the every intention of not returning home after Jade’s appearance in his life, Jackson didn’t see the need to teach the child korean nor its culture and etiquette but seeing how they are here back in Korea after that call a week ago, he had quickly teached her at least the basic stuffs.

With a deep breath taken in, Jackson rang that doorbell before a familiar shocked face greeted him, eyes running from him to the grinning Jade.

“Young Master Jackson!” The elder lady exclaimed before quickly ushering them in with happy tears in her eyes as she watched the child that she cared for all father like now after 7 years being away.

“How have you been, Imo?” Jackson greeted, pulling the older who had been serving them for ages into his arms because she practically raised him and Yugyeom since their parents are always busy with work.

“Good, how have you been?” The lady asked in returned, smiling at Jackson which cause him to nod, introducing her daughter this time round.

“Jade, my daughter.” Jackson said proudly to the elder who smile fondly at the child as Jade bow in her best ability, trying to make her father proud without realizing that wasn’t the grandma Jackson was talking about.

“Why is that thing here?” An icy cold tone, breaking that inviting atmosphere almost instantly as Mrs Kim appeared with a clear frown on her face causing Jade to bow again, lost at the fact another grandma appeared.

“Imo, can you bring her to see the garden?” Jackson requested causing the older to nod, understand what her young master meant.

“Bunny, you follow granny Choi alright? You wanted to see the flowers, right?” Jackson exclaimed, urging his daughter causing the child to nod, smiling at her dad before walking away with the elder.

Mrs Kim signalled him to follow suit, leading them to the living room where she took a seat, expecting Jackson to seat down so they can start the talk.

Sensing the thick tension surrounding them, Jackson almost regretted coming back home at this moment but what’s done can’t be undone.

“I expected you to return home alone, why is that thing still with you? Didn’t I ask you to return it back to the mother?” Mrs Kim exclaimed, looking straight on at the quiet Jackson who internally sighed, he hates talking about this topic most.

“She died from an illness when Jade was two, she is also an orphan so who was I supposed to return the child too?” Jackson answered truthfully, the poor child lost her sickly mother at the age of two so it was only right that he continue taking care of her because it’s not like they had anybody else except for each other back in the States.

Mrs Kim sighed, frustration cleared on her face as she stare at the child who had become more daring and rebellious as time passed, nothing like the Jackson she knows.

“Fine but you know that thing being here means you can’t stay here, I don’t want that thing in my house.” Mrs Kim reminded causing Jackson’s blood to boils because ‘that thing’ has a name, a beautiful name that he picked personally.

“Firstly, you don’t have to worry. We won’t be staying here and secondly, she has a name. It’s Jade Wang, not ‘that thing’.” Jackson said out firmly, making his point clear while Mrs Kim just stay quiet since it’s clear she trigger something in that adopted child of hers.

“Well, let’s get to business. The reason I called you back was because I need you to get rid of Gyeommie’s current obsession. He had been obsessing over him for the past six month and I don’t like that, he didn’t match our status and what’s more I already set him up with my friend’s daughter, I need a grandson to continue our family line.” Mrs Kim said out, dismissing everything Jackson said before, focusing on her important matter on hand now as she passed the folder with the background check on their target.

Of course, Jackson had expected this twist because things aren’t normal in this household, everything had it’s own hidden meaning or agenda.

As he skipped through the documents, Jackson personally didn’t see any wrong in this person's background even though he was an orphan but still he managed to earned a scholarship from one of the top college in the State, passed with top scores and he even worked at a top publishing company in Taiwan prior to working with them six months ago but he understand, nothing matter to the rich than statues in this case.

“What do you want me to do with him?” Jackson asked as he read the name, ‘Mark Tuan’ printed clearly on the paper.

“I want you to get rid of him at all cost, I don’t care how you do it but the faster, the better.” Mrs Kim exclaimed, seriousness clear in her tone as she look at Jackson dead on.

“Do we really need to go this far? Isn’t it better to talk this out with Gyeom, first?” Jackson questioned, trying to save the situation but sadly Mrs Kim didn’t waver at all, she just shook her head.

“No, I don’t care even if you had to kill him. I give you a month to get things done.” Mrs Kim said firmly, surprising Jackson because since when he had turned into an assassin.

“Omma…” Jackson tried to reason but the next set of words just shut him up with blood boiling in him, he didn’t need to hear that to know his standing in this family.

“You dare to defy against me, Jackson? If it wasn’t my husband who picked you up from that orphanage, you wouldn’t be enjoying this life right now. Don’t get big headed and know where you stand in this family.” Mrs Kim warned, looking at her adopted child with a smirk before getting up and walked away, not sparing the hurt Jackson another look.

“Daddy…” Jade’s voice was heard before she appeared, running towards her father’s direction but paused when she saw the tears in Jackson’s eyes.

“Daddy, are you alright?” Jade asked worriedly, trying to wipe away those tears with her tiny hands which caused Jackson to smile sadly as he wipe his own tears.

“Yes, I just got scolded.” Jackson said, carrying and putting the child on his lap as Jade observed her father’s face before pulling him into a tight hug.

“It’s alright, don’t be naughty again alright?” Jade comforted which caused Jackson to chuckled lightly, it was at times like this that makes him realize that this precious can healed all his wounds.

Mrs Choi who was looking from the side just smile, she out of everyone knows how harsh life was for Jackson after Mr Kim died but that poor boy endured everything that Mrs Kim throws at him because of all the gratitude he had towards her husband.

####

Mark sighed in happiness as he slumped into his office chair, they are finally done with a project as his team members one by one waved good bye, leaving the office first since it’s already past eight.

“Mark, I’m glad that you are still here.” A heavily pregnant lady approached him, looking totally relief to see him in the office passed office hours.

“What is it, Noona?” Mark asked, pulling a nearby chair for the lady to seat since she look way too tired to be talking and standing at the same time.

“You know how I’m leaving for my maternity leave next week, right?” Fei started which earned a pointed nod, it was known to everyone that Fei would be on leave,

“Well, my so called replacement didn’t work out due to personal reason and I can’t go on a leave like that. You have experiences working as a secretary, right? Can you help to fill in my spot while I’m gone, please!” Fei pleaded, knowing that she needs to find a replacement before she could have a peaceful leave.

Honestly, Mark didn’t want too because that’s the reason why he had quit working at the company in Taiwan in the first place, it was stressful being the secretary of the president after full six years straight but feeling bad for the poor lady that has always been sweet and friendly to him, he reluctantly nodded.

“Thank you, you can go to my desk straight on Monday. Youngjae will guide you along and introduce you to the new president too, don’t worry. Thank you so much again.” Fei thanked, too happy that she managed to clear up this mess or it will horrendous because Youngjae clearly can’t managed both, Yugyeom is enough for the poor boy.

Mark nodded, waving goodbye as the heavily pregnant lady walked away, praying hard that he made the right decision as he slowly packed his belongings and get ready to leave for the night, it was time to rest during the weekends.


A/N: Hello everyone! Are you guys glad to see me again? Kekeke I'm glad and excited to be posting again, how was this chapter? Don't forget to share your thoughts with me.

<3 InfinitelyCassie