Nine

Crooked

 

From what he could remember, he stayed with his family for six years, being the young age of eight when it was taken away from him. But what Yongguk did know—was that it was all his fault. Everything, absolutely everything he cherished and loved burned to ashes in his hands, slipping through his fingers and leaving him.

 

It’s all his fault…

All of it.

All. Of. It.

  •  

 

“Kookie, don’t bother him!” Yoongi said sharply, going ignored by the rabbit hybrid as the youngest practically hopped to the silent winged hybrid. “Lizard-hyung~” Arms captured his waist, soft hands curling around the black shirt he wore.

 

Yongguk blinked, tearing his eyes away from the darkening sky and looking down at the ebony-haired bunny. “Hey, Jungkook. What’s up?” His brother made grabby hands at him, which the CoC lifted him up and placed him in between his legs, chin on top of the boy’s head.

 

“What were you looking at, hyung?”

“The sky. I want to fly…”

“And you know you can’t. Don’t give Kookie any ideas.”

 

Hoseok said in an uncharacteristically serious tone, the tortoise-shell cat smiling gently as he spoke. “Hyung, I know. But I can’t help but want to feel the air that rests up there. It’s in my animal’s nature.” Yongguk murmured, proving his point when his red colored wings twitched just the smallest amount.

 

“But hey—will you give me and Jiminnie—mainly me, hyung—rides? I wanna fly with you too!” The CoC didn’t have the heart to say no, the innocent eyes sparkling with glee and that bunny smile making it harder and harder to go against his wishes. “Someday, that includes the hyungs too. If they don’t weigh too much.”

 

“Hey! We can hear you!” Hoseok and Yoongi snapped in unison, getting a small giggle from the last brother, who let out a loud yawn as he stumbled out of the house with the eldest sibling in tow. “Great, we woke up Jimin.” Yongguk scoffed, “You two did, Kookie and I didn’t.”

 

“Yeah! Don’t blame me and lizard-hyung!”

“Oi! Don’t agree with him!”

 

Jimin giggled at the bickering brothers, sleepily walking to Yongguk and soon tugged his pant leg. “Hmm?” Jungkook moved to look down at the other, nearly sliding out of his hyung’s grip and off the fence they sat on. “Gukkie-hyung~ Put me to bed.” He cried, holding his arms out for the lizard to take.

 

“Nooo! Go to mama! Hyung is with me!”

“Waeeee? I want Gukkie-hyung!”

“Nu-uh! Hyung with me!”

 

“Yah! Stop fighting. Jin and Namjoon will get mad at me.”

 

We all scoffed at him. “Shows how much you care for your little brothers.” Hoseok teased gently, which Yoongi glared at him for it. “I care! Look, Jin is already coming out.” Our Umma came from the house, leaving the door ajar as he raised at brow at us.

 

“Hi Mama~” Jungkook waved with the usual bunny smile, pulling at the CoC’s shirt to put him down. He did, watching in amusement as the youngest jumped into his mother’s arms and squealed. “C’mon, all of you inside. It’s time for bed.”

 

“Whaaat? Yesterday we went to bed at nine! It’s barely seven!” Hoseok gasped with a scandalized look, glancing at Yongguk in question. The CoC shrugged, sliding down the brick fence and grabbing Jimin’s hand. “I know, sweetie. But they changed the time to seven.”

 

“Again? That’s the third time, Umma.” Yongguk said with narrowed eyes as a sign of deep thought, guiding the polar bear hybrid back inside. “I know, I know. But the government won’t tell us why. Besides, they can’t go against the King’s wishes.”

 

“We know.” The cat hybrid snarled, thinking about their King with a frown, walking past their Mother and up the stairs. Jin sighed, motioning for the last two children to hurry inside. They did as told, Jimin still holding tight as they walked up the stairs.

 

 

 

“Umma. You should be a King.” Jungkook declared as he was being tucked into bed. “Maybe your Father, not me.” Jimin whined, calling for their Mother as he rushed to his child’s side. “Yah, yah, yah. All of you, sleep.” As if it was a signal, everyone but Yongguk fell asleep with a soft thud.

 

“Still doesn’t work on you, eh?” Jin whispered, turning away for a moment and pulling a small stool to the side of Yongguk’s bed. “No. I think I’m immune.” He muttered, staring at his Mother as he settled himself on the chair and carded though the boy’s locks lovingly.

 

“It’s too bad. You seem like you have insomnia. I know you don’t sleep, I can always hear you playing in your room.” Yongguk blushed, hiding his head in the sheets but they were easily pulled away by his Mother. “But maybe you’ll fall asleep tonight.”

 

“How? I’m always awake.”

“Have you ever heard me sing?”

  •  

 

“Agumai told me not to go easy on you. So, understand when you will return home with more than petty scratches.” The human that was nearly the same color as the night said, smiling a blinding grin. “Okay.” There was a tense silence, but the older hybrid didn’t seem to feel it. “Jin, right?”

 

His eyes narrowed, “How do you know Umma?” The other merely laughed, “I guess I have to knock in some memories back into you. –So, back to Seokjin, he taught you about magic, right?”  Yongguk nodded, still overly-cautious about the man that he couldn’t recognize.

 

“Since he taught you how to summon pixies—“

 

“How do you know this?”

 

The grin slipped of his face, more of a sad frown. He moved into the pale moonlight, revealing himself in hopes of stirring some images into the boy. None appeared. “Don’t cut me off. At least let me finish.” Yongguk quieted, no longer feeling the comfortable aura the man once produced out of his body.

 

“Since Jin is more of a mage, I guess… He uses magic. Namjoon is more of a hands-on wolf hybrid. So, he’s close combat. Jin is more or less classed at a support, so summoning pixies is a simple matter for him. I am telling you this now, so do not forget, because I will never repeat this since we cannot have any… useless people eavesdropping…”

 

Yongguk bit back the sharp remark of calling people ‘useless’.

 

“You are a class of mid-range. So you’re in between the two classes of your… parents. What that means, is that you main in close-combat and use magic to aid yourself in such. Or if they are a running target—ignoring the fact that you have wings—you can use the same magic to well… aim at them. Did you get that?”

 

"Okay..."

 

The man nodded, stepping closer to the CoC with dull grey eyes, “As for Agumai and I, we don’t know your specific class in mid-range. That includes if you use a weapon, and what weapon suits you best. –That comes later though, so ignore the extra information for the time being.”

 

"Okay."

 

Yongguk heard an irritated sigh, “Say anything other than ‘okay’, it pisses me off. So, Jin taught you how to summon them, but never really showed you. And that’s why I’m here. Before you ask—no, I don’t use ing magic. There’s a reason why I don’t carry staffs or those flimsy things. But I understand the concept from… the past. So I can guide you through it.”

 

“That doesn’t sound very reassuring.” Yongguk muttered, looking at his hands as a distraction from the eyes burning into his skull. “Well, here’s the thing… Get the over it. I don’t give a , be grateful that I even agreed to help you.” He spat, the midnight purple tail slapping the ground in uncapped anger.

 

Yongguk flinched at the harsh tone, nodding when the man snarled for an answer.

 

“Summon a pixie. Doesn’t matter what type, any will do.” The man ordered, sitting on the grass in a relaxed manner. “But you said you’d guide me.”

 

“But I didn’t say I’d hold your ing hand through the whole thing, now did I? So again, summon a pixie.”

 

The boy tore his eyes from the large hybrid, ing his cuffs and letting the fabric hang under his wrist. He glanced at the wolf, not going unnoticed of course. “What?”

 

"N-nothing."

 

A scoff was heard, then silence once again.

 

Yongguk hesitantly bit his thumb, drawing blood and drawing a summoning circle on the palm of his hand. “Don’t forget to write in tongue, kid.” He reminded the CoC, lying flat on his back and staring up at the stars. The child didn’t answer, but sloppily scribbled down in wolf’s tongue and staring stupidly at it.

 

“What now?”

 

“Put some of your blood on top. Hurry, we still need to practice this and you haven’t even finished the first try.” Holding back multiple insults, Yongguk hurriedly dripped down the crimson ooze and tensed when smoke began to float out of his hand.

 

“Th-there’s smog coming out of my palm—is that bad?” The elder sat up, eyeing the limb before shrugging, “Not that I know of. Just give it a minute since it’s the first time.”

 

Dull, but a prominent burn started to redden his skin. It grew more painful until tears began to swell in his eyes, “Kid? You alright?” He asked when the air shifted to a more unstable atmosphere. At first, there wasn’t an answer.

 

But a few moments later, a choked sob came from the CoC. “It burns! Umma told me it isn’t supposed to!” The man shot up to his feet and nearly ran to the crying child. “You did it wrong. –Dammit, you didn’t use your native tongue. Uh, —kid, this is going to hurt, but bear with it…”

 

The elder’s hands gripped the boy’s wrist, his other pressing against the summoning circle. “What are you doing?!” Those dead eyes were now gleaming in anger, “Lifting it off of you—or would you rather be handless?!” Yongguk screamed as claws dug into his flesh, nearly ripping his skin off as he tried to break from the hold.

 

“Dammit, Yongguk! Hold still—look, it’s off, stop ing squirming.” He grumbled, catching the other’s attention when noticing the blood drawn circle was no longer on him, but rather, now on the ground. “Is your hand okay?”

 

“It’s fine!” Yongguk hissed, successfully getting out of the hybrid’s grip and rubbing his wrist soothingly. “Why would you use your mother’s tongue? You are nothing alike!”

 

“Then what’s my stupid native tongue?!”

 

“Dragon—you !”

  •  

“Saranghae neoreul Nan…

Nan neoreul saranghae…

Nan neoreul saranghae…

Nan neoreul saranghae…”

 

 

“Um-umma… why’d you stop…?” Yongguk stifled back a yawn, hearing him chuckle before pressing a kiss on his forehead. “You’re sleepy, silly.” His nose scrunched up, trying to fight against his drooping eyes but couldn’t for long. “N-no… I’m awake—see……..?” Jin smiled lovingly at his son finally drifting off, tucking the boy in and silently left to his own room.

 

Namjoon was waiting, sitting up with ears stiff in alert. “It’s just me, Joon.” They relaxed just a sliver. “Were you with Yongguk?” Jin hummed, kicking off his slippers and flopped onto the bed with a grunt. “Got him to sleep. The trick is my singing—kinda cute, dontcha think?”

 

The other didn’t answer, laying back down with his tail flicking Jin. “Joonie?”

 

“…When are we going to tell him?”

 

Jin smacked the wolf on his arm, “Don’t start. We aren’t having his conversation.” Namjoon rolled over to face his lover, pinching a black ear in the process, “C’mon, I’m being serious. We told the kids, now we need to tell Yongguk.”

 

“And what good will that do?” The rabbit hybrid snapped, apologizing soon after. “It’s fine. But he needs to know. We don’t know when it’s going to happen, and the kids are somehow not… afraid of him.”

 

“Of course not! They can’t hate their loving but silent brother. In their eyes, he hasn’t done anything wrong.”

 

“And I know that.” Namjoon grumbled, fiddling with the bunny’s fingers, “But… his birth was the one thing that’s wrong. I know he hasn’t done anything, it’s just his stupid background.” Jin couldn’t help but agree, it was the truth after all.

 

“It’s the government, it’s always the government. We can’t do anything. –No, don’t even think about telling him behind my back either, or I’ll freaking hit you.” The petite male warned, noticing the thoughtful look on the wolf. “Didn’t plan on it, if it means getting punched by you. And I know, don’t make it sound like I’m oblivious to it all. But… it’s his background. Doesn’t he have the right to know?”

 

“I’m not saying he doesn’t… but think about the future. What do you think he’ll do, once he finds out? We’ve raised him, you know exactly what he’d do.”

 

“…Guk would just leave us.”

“No. Think about it. He’s smart for a little eight year old. He’d realize how he affects the ing world and…”

“—kill himself.”

“Exactly. That’s the only option, and as a damn parent, I’m not allowing that.”

“Alright, alright… I won’t bring it up.”

 

“Good.”

  •  

“He came back with bruises, today.” Jin mumbled to his mate, who clucked his tongue and nodded. “I know. I could smell the blood.” Namjoon watched his lover glance at the boy’s bedroom multiple times before he let out a groan. “Go patch the kid up. I’ll cook breakfast.”

 

“Thanks, Joon.”

 

 

“Were you playing too much with Yoongi? Or was it Hoseok? They tend to forget that they’re stronger—“ Jin made up some questions as he wiped the purple blotches on his child’s face, cooing when Yongguk made a small ‘mmm’ sound.

 

“Umma? Why’s the bathroom—hyung! What did you do—fall down the stairs? You’re all swollen!” Jungkook gasped, forgetting why he entered in the first place and begged Jin to help. They both cleaned him up, using up a whole box of bandages for all the cuts along his arms.

 

“Wait, wait! I wanna put a good stickie on his last one, Umma!” Jin smiled, letting the bunny choose and snorted when Jungkook unraveled a Tigger Band-Aid. “What kind of bandage—“ Yongguk winced, glaring softly at the youngest who slapped on the ‘stickie’ on his nose, smiling goofily.

 

“Look in the mirror! It’s a good stickie, I promise!” Jin laughed at the older boy’s reaction, eyes wide with a blush forming on purple cheeks. “Are you kidding me…” Jungkook was smiling too brightly for Yongguk to complain, so he opted to live it down.

 

“It’s a good stickie, right? Right, hyung?”

 

“Uh, yeah. I really like it. You know me too well, Kookie.” The Mother watched the dragon ruffle the bunny’s hair, smiling at the other before they were called down to eat.

 

Of course the kids can’t hate him.

He’s too good of a brother to even dislike.

 

Jin didn’t know that tears gathered in his eyes.

And he didn’t know Yoongi witnessed him breakdown with a soft sigh.

  •  

“Where’s Appa, Sugar?” Hoseok said with a smirk, laughing when Yoongi glared at him with red cheeks. “You know it’s freaking Suga. There is no R!” Jungkook chose that moment to drag his hyung down with the same Tigger Band-Aid from yesterday on his nose.

 

Jimin whined in jealousy, ignoring Jungkook’s apologies for a record breaking three seconds. “Hyung forgive you! Sowwy Kookie!” And hugged the smiling bunny. Yongguk crossed his arms and huffed when the two eldest brothers burst into a fit of giggles, Yoongi pointing shamelessly at him.

 

“Appa went to the store, for some reason Umma went too. Sugar-hyung, are you in charge?” Yoongi’s face took a whole 360, from happy to serious the moment the information was said and heard. “Jimin, are you sure Jin went? Positive?”

 

“I’m for sure! Like, sure sure! Wae?”

 

Hoseok turned to the wolf, no longer laughing either and now with a frown, “Hyung…”

“Jin never told me I was in charge. –He didn’t tell me he was even leaving.”

 

Yongguk pulled away the two younger siblings when they started to fight, dragging away Jungkook and slinging an arm over his tiny shoulders, “Umma never does that. Even when Yoongi-hyung’s asleep, he’d tell Hoseok-hyung. Or even put me in charge once in a while.”

 

The second elder’s tail curled in nervousness, “I know, but I asked hyung. And you obviously aren’t in charge—So… why’d Umma leave?” They all looked at each other, hoping one of them had an answer, but knew that it wasn’t possible. Jin’s behavior, it wasn’t normal.

 

“Let’s look for Umma—“

“Jungkook, we can’t. We aren’t supposed to leave the house—especially Yongguk.”

 

The bunny nodded, leaning against the dragon hybrid and moving his arm to make the hyung play with his hair. “Maybe he didn’t have time. You know—“

 

“That doesn’t work hyung. Umma would have left a note at least. And it’s the store, that’s not even important.” Yongguk said with furrowed brows, getting looks from Yoongi and Hoseok. “He’s right. Appa went too, why’d Umma go with him?” The eldest brother finally sighed, “None of this makes sense, there’s nothing that should’ve made Jin go up and leave.”

 

“Remember when Jungkook set the backyard on fire?” They all turned to Jimin, the cub staring out the window with curtains hiding his head. “Why are you even—“

 

“Everything is on fire.” Yongguk ran to the boy, ripping the sheets off the poles and revealing that indeed, all the houses are burning. People and hybrids were running, screaming in horror and trying to flee without a second glance at any other families.

 

“Get away from the window!” Yoongi commanded, dragging Jimin off as the dragon continued to stare with wide eyes. “Yongguk! Get back—“ Hoseok was cut off when the door was kicked down. Yongguk broke out of the trance and scrambled to Jungkook’s side, hiding him behind his legs as smoke entered the home.

 

“Boys? –Are you here?!” It was Jin. Yoongi coughed, flapping his hands to make the smog leave as he crept closer to the man covered in soot, “Jin? Where’s Namjoon—“

 

“He’s holding them back. They found him—they found out, okay? All of you, we need to leave, now.” They all seemed to grasp the situation while Yongguk was utterly lost and afraid. “Lizard-hyung, we need to go. It’s my turn to protect you!” Jungkook said with a bright grin, grabbing his hand and leading him out with the others in front.

 

“It’s all of us, not just you, Kookie.” Hoseok said with a wobbly smile. “What are you talking about? What’s happening…?” The dragon asked, getting no answers but commands from his Mother to stay in the circle they were creating around him.

 

“We need to get Yongguk as far away as possible, Kai will catch up when he can. You know the plan, start leading, Hoseok. I’ll guard the back.”

“Okay, Umma.”

 

“Please tell me what’s happening, Kookie…” Yongguk begged, only getting a teary smile in response, “I’m gonna miss my favorite hyung! Don’t worry, okay?”

 

They started running through the alley ways, zipping past bodies in the darkness and suffocating smoke, Jimin and Jungkook never letting go of his hands. Yongguk could only blindly follow, never looking back under the demand from his Umma as they continued.

 

“Guk, you’re gonna hafta fly. We gotta go by rooftops now, they’re going to corner us soon. I’ll take Jimin, you take Jungkook.” Hoseok said as the bear cub wrapped his arms around the cat’s neck, dropping the dragon’s hand and Yoongi already climbing the house wall.

 

“Who? –W-Why are you crying, h-hyung?” His cat hyung was looking past him, tears falling down his face as he silently sobbed. “He said to never look back, that meant us too, pabo.” Yoongi whispered with his own watery eyes, breaking away and jumping to the wooden roof.

 

“What’s behind—“ Jungkook covered his view with his bunny ears, “N-No! Don’t look! Don’t look at Umma…” Yongguk nodded, feeling the soft fur leave his face before the dragon put his hands on the other’s waist, flapping his wings as they slowly flew to the roof.

 

 

 

Jin was stuck to the wall, a pole through his throat, intestines falling out of the gash on his stomach with his heart slowing. People in black surrounded him, one diving a gloved hand in his body and fingers curling around a beating organ…

 

 

 

  •  

And this begins!

I’m cutting this chapter in half. So lol yeah.

Okay, so yes, the person Agu~ fused with was KAI of EXO. Yey~

And I’ll tell you the order, since I’m kinda ing it up now. (Sorry not sorry) 

 

-Agumai

-Yongguk

-Himchan

-Daehyun

-Youngjae

-Jongup (MY BAE :D)

-Zelo/Junhong.

 

Nxt chapter will be in Gukkie’s life again. Just the continuation of this one. BYE BYE~

BTW. Taehyung isnt here since he appears somewhere else. That's the only thing i'm gonna say! //sobs// (Don't hate me)