Ten

Crooked

BEE-DO BEE-DO BEE-DO! *WARNING. THIS IS NOT A HAPPY ENDING*

Okay continue on….. //rolls out red carpet//

 

 

 

 

“Jungkook, hold on tight from the front. Hyung, lead the way.” Hoseok said as he fixed Jimin’s position on his back. The youngest wrapped his legs around the dragon’s waist, a death grip on his neck as the CoC took a shaky breath. Yoongi nodded, looking back and soon shook his head, “!”

 

“Sugar… don’t tell me—“

“Go! Go, right ing now! Hoseok is leading, none of you turn around. I’ll… see you later.”

 

And the wolf ran past them as he transformed.

 

“…I love you guys, okay? –So, hurry!” Yongguk wanted to look back, his mind was screaming at him to, but one look from Hoseok had him following Yoongi’s orders.

 

We love you too, hyung.

 

“Yongguk, you first. Run and use your wings to land—hurry up!” He nodded fearfully, holding up Jungkook and breaking into a frantic sprint across the roof. With a last breath, the CoC jumped off the house and spread his wings to glide to the next home.

 

He stumbled, catching himself on time and saw his hyung land next to him with Jimin crying onto his shoulder. “Wolf-hyung! W-Wolf-hyung…” Yongguk bit his lip, watching Hoseok ignore the wailing and motion for the dragon to follow.

 

They were running again, going roof to roof and sometimes nearly falling through the ceilings when fire weakened them. Yongguk could hear footsteps behind him, sensing the evil they carried and how it frightened everyone but him. He pressed a kiss on Jungkook’s hair, feeling the baby hiccup into his neck and cry.

 

“We’re almost at the end! When we get there, you need to go to the forest!”

“Hyung! –I don’t know my way there—“

 

Hoseok cracked a sad smile, “Yeah you do. We all know you do.” He croaked, shocking the dragon since—he was sure they were asleep, how did they know?—“Okay.”

 

By the time they reached the last roof, Yongguk flew to the ground, now unable to fly further due to the strain. “They hurt, hyung! I-I can’t fly anymore.” Hoseok nodded as he landed beside him, putting Jimin on the ground and ordering him to do the same.

 

Yongguk put Jungkook down, taking the chance to finally look back.

 

There were men in suits on the very same roof they were once on, walking to them and some jumping down. A body of a boy was slung on a female’s shoulder, blood coating her face and long, ivy green hair. “…Yoongi-hyung?” Yongguk whispered, seeing the familiar grey tail fluttering limply with the wind.

 

“He said not to look back! C’mon—we need to get you to the location!” Hoseok snarled, pulling him by the wrist and forcing him to chase after them and look forward. But the image kept flashing in his mind.

 

“Hurry hyung, hurry!” Jimin yelled, waving his arms in the direction of the forest. He nodded, seeing Jungkook ahead as well, but no Hoseok. “H-Hyung? Where’s cat-hyung?!” The dragon screamed, but the two boys didn’t answer, “Sokkie-hyung wanted you to hurry.” Jimin said seriously, confirming the thought in the back of his head.

 

Hoseok is dead.

 

As a big brother, I should be watching over them.

So why are they trying to take care of me?

My hyungs… died trying to save us.

Umma and Appa did too…

 

Why aren’t I doing the same?

 

“Tell me where to go!” Yongguk demanded, finally catching up and gripping their small wrists with his hands. “That cliff! The one where you train at!” He nodded, glancing back and forcing them to hurry on their small legs when a hybrid in black was only a few feet away.

 

“Faster, run faster! We are making it out alive!” Jungkook and Jimin didn’t answer, but they shined watery smiles at their hyung who was desperately trying to live. Trying to take care of them. “Hyung, one’s in his animal form!”

 

Yongguk didn’t say anything, and only looked back. It was a dog. He let out a small sigh of relief, glancing at the blur of trees and lifting his sibling to jump around overgrown vines that s over the black grass. “O-Okay… W-We’re going to go….go by trees. L-like Hoseok-hyung used to, o-okay?”

 

“H…hyung?”

 

He willed himself not to cry from their sad faces, only curling his arm around Jimin’s waist and doing the same to Jungkook. “W-What are you doing, hyung….? K-Kookie and me a-are supposed to protect you!” Yongguk let out a whimper, fanning his wings wide and slowly flapping.

 

“Hyung, d-don’t do this…”

“W-We gonna… gonna protect you, we promised Umma!”

 

 

“Let me be a good brother and do the same, dammit!” He screamed, glaring at them and drinking in their shocked faces. The duo didn’t try to stop him further, allowing him to focus on their lives and numbing out the burning pain that grew from his shoulder blades up to the very tip of his wings.

 

Yongguk managed to fly into a tree, never letting his brothers go as he left the hound and used his legs to hop branch to branch. Muscles aching, the CoC only concentrated on making it. And hopefully living with his two innocent brother forever and ever…

 

“H-Hyung, do you…”

“Be quiet, Jungkook. I need to hear for them.”

 

Jimin finally moved, capturing his tiny fists onto the dragon and sobbing loudly, “I-I-I don’t wanna die! N-No! H-Hyung, I’m scared!” Jungkook stared at his older brother, dumbfounded, “H-Hyung! We supposed to p-protect hyung….—I don’t wanna die either! Gukkie-hyung, I don’t wanna die! I don’t wanna die!”

 

Yongguk could only pray that they made it out together.

~

“Hyung! U-Under us!” Yongguk felt a hand grip his ankle, yelping in surprise and the trio fell out of the tree. Jimin landed on a rock, knocking him unconscious and Jungkook into a patch of vines, dangling in the air as he screamed.

 

The CoC fell on top of his wings, groaning in pain and trying to sit up quickly. “H-Hyung! Hyung!” A tail wrapped around his neck, choking him as a group of suits walked to them, one pinning him to the tree behind him. Yongguk clawed at the limb, kicking the air blindly as his vision began to fade.

 

He craned his neck to his brothers, eyes widening at the sight of Jimin drowning in his own blood. “—M…min…Ji…” The dragon reached out for him, the arm soon pressed into the trunk as a knee drilled into his abdomen.

 

“Is this the one?” A suit asked, “Yes. He is the dragon offspring.” Jungkook’s screaming sounded faint, very faint to his ears as red liquid oozed out of his lips. Eyes becoming heavier, Yongguk saw his world turning dark, everything going blank as pain overrode his senses.

 

“Orders are to obliterate the specimen. The government deems it as God’s Judgement.”

“Understood. …What do we do with the rest?”

“The same, for aiding the demon.”

 

Before he could finally rest, a screech rang in his ears, jolting him awake and frantically looking around with lungs begging for air. “Leave hyung alone!” Yongguk turned to his left, seeing Jimin biting down on the tail suffocating him and jabbing the leg with pathetic kicks.

 

“You damn brat!”

 

A hand tangled in the cub’s hair, trying to pry him off but Jimin wouldn’t let go. Nails raking down the speckled tail, blood blooming out of the cuts and the suit screamed. Then another suit jumped in, grabbing the polar bear and pulling him by the arms.

 

“W-We save hyung…” Jimin mumbled with gritted teeth, sinking his teeth deeper into the fur and arching when a boot was pressed against his small back. “L-Let go…” Yongguk wheezed, knowing the position well, remembering the pain from it as Kai attempted it on him and nearly ripped his arms out of their sockets.

 

The dragon eased his wings out from under him, eyeing the hand pinning his arm and shifted the limbs to it. Both suits didn’t notice, too caught up on trying to rip off Jimin and continue with their task. Yongguk didn’t even get to try and shove off the hand.

 

Jimin screamed in agony, both arms hanging down limply at his sides as he was pulled off, a hand grabbing the cub’s head and slamming him next to Yongguk. “er! –Kill off the boys, they get in the way!”

 

They’re supposed to live…

 

Yongguk struggled against the female, using his other hand to rip at the furry limb before that too was pinned. “You brats are stupid for siding with this… thing.” Jimin only coughed, smiling at the raging suits, “My hyung. He is the bestest—“

 

The hand changed to a wolf arm, black nails digging into the skull as the polar bear sobbed. “Stop it…” Yongguk whispered hoarsely, watching in horror as blood poured out of the gashes. “Stop it.”

 

“You’ll die soon enough, Child of Chaos.” The female spat, twisting her knee into the dragon’s lower stomach as he coughed up blood. He could no longer see, everything in darkness but his eyes were open. Yongguk knew that he was about to faint, only in a matter of seconds.

 

“I-I’ll see you later…. H-hyung.”

 

Yoongi said that.

Jimin, no!

 

A soft crack sneaked into his fading mind, and he finally saw red.

 

“I said stop!” He roared, something shooting up from nowhere and slipping around the wolf hybrid’s arm, tightening and tightening until it twisted and… the suit screamed. The arm immediately formed back to the human skin, the limb folding in on itself as the slick red was focused on.

 

A tail,

Yongguk’s tail.

 

It was thick, long and covered in a row of jagged spikes as it was dripping in blood. He winced as it moved, using the sharp side of itself and slashing through the female holding him. When the woman no longer held him, Yongguk was quick to break Jimin’s fall with the skin of his wing as he slid onto the grass with closed eyes.

 

Both suits backed away, one staring at their arm in horror and another pressing a hand on the deadly would he caused. “J-Jimin—w…wake up.” Yongguk rasped, using sore arms to shake the bleeding boy but soon stopped when shards of white dropped onto his hands.

 

They crushed his skull.

 

Yongguk whipped his head to Jungkook, inwardly relieved that they didn’t do anything to him, as he was still in the vines. “Jimin… i-I can carry you—“

 

Jimin was not dead.

He couldn’t be.

He’s not…

 

“H-Hyung! Hyung!!” Jungkook cried, trying to escape as the male suit made his way over, cradling the useless arm. Yongguk looked at his bleeding brother one last time before running to the rabbit, shoving off the suit and desperately cutting the vines.

 

“Woman! Stop them!” He commanded from the ground, which the female cat limped to them. The dragon finally ripped Jungkook out of the plants, holding his youngest sibling tightly and turning away, running on foot again. Jungkook hugged his hyung, mumbling incoherent words into the elder’s bloody shirt as the sun finally began to peek through the leaves.

 

“W…We’re almost there! –K-kookie, we’re almost….almost there!” Yongguk said breathlessly, almost smiling but not daring to. They weren’t away from them yet, not yet.

 

A black rose petal flew by them.

 

“H-Hyung… M-more, behind us!!” Yongguk took a sharp intake of air, fearfully turning to glance back. They weren’t the ones from before, no. They were different ones, and there was more than ten. Outnumbered and overpowered, the CoC chose to use his numbing wings again, trying to widen the closing gap between them.

 

The sun blinded him, showing itself in all its glory as they trees disappeared. The cliff—they made it to the cliff. Yongguk could see Kai standing there, motioning for them to hurry. When they slowed to a stop, Jungkook let go and dropped to his feet, fringe covering his teary eyes.

 

Kai looked at the rabbit. Jungkook stared back and nodded, getting a saddened one in return.

 

“We need to go, now.” Kai snarled, dragging the dragon away as he attempted to grab his brother. “What about…?”

 

“Jungkook, are you sure? We—We can bring you.” The large wolf murmured hurriedly, easing closer and closer to the crumbling edge. “No. I’m taking care of hyung now. –Is the barrier set up?” Kai nibbled on his lip as he nodded, “I already activated my Passive.”

 

“Jungkook? What are you two talking about?”

 

The bunny looked at his brother and smiled, “I love you, hyung. –How much longer?”

 

“Three seconds.”

“Okay… Gukkie-hyung, keep this a secret but… --You were my favorite brother!”

 

Yongguk felt his throat dry.

 

“Time’s up. –You’re a good kid… I’ll take care of him now.”

“Hurry, Aguu.”

 

The suits came closer, but they weren’t going for Yongguk, no. They were all closing in on Jungkook, who was stepping closer and closer to the intimidating adults. “Why…”

 

Kai only tightened his grip on the dragon’s shirt collar tighter, “It’s Kai, you idiot.” He whispered, stepping off the cliff as the rabbit waved at them, “I’ll see you later, hyung!” Yongguk screamed as the realization sunk in.

 

“I’m sorry.” The guardian muttered, not heard by the crying royal or over the yells that came out of the boy from above.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~

Ohmygod. That’s done. Nowww, I’ll explain some parts~

Kai baby’s passive is something that goes with his past, which I’m not gonna speak about, but tell you what it does. Basically, he can change a person’s appearance and fool the people around them. And he did that to little Kookie.

He literally used the passive to deceive the suits and switched Kookie’s appearance with Gukkie. Does that make sense?

And Kai showing some emotion?! //gasp// --that’s not important lol. (But he didn’t want Jungkook to die, which is why he said that they could take him too.) Kai has a heart lol (Unlike Agumai.)

Dat’s it. I hope you didn’t get all choked up like me, I’m such a baby lol. Bye~