One

Crooked

Run.

 

Run.

 

Run.

 

Run.

 

Don’t hurt me. Don’t find me. Don’t kill me.

  •  
  •  
  •  

A being ran in the darkness. Small orbs of orange flames glowed from behind it. The demon didnt dare look back. Even if it was all a lie, it was to be convicted to death. A cracked arrow head grazed its shoulder.

 

Dammit.

 

Dammit all.

 

The Forest of the Forgotten. If one was to dare enter, theyd forget their memories of being in such and as how to get out. That only occurred with the villagers. If only they werent so stubborn.

If only they gave up. If only they understood. If only their weak hearts didnt hold so much supposed justice, none of this would have happened.

 

Damn them all.

 

I dont want to feed their flawed judgement.

 

Any yet

 

“I see him!My supposed ‘heartless body’ suddenly had the organ, it beating until I could not hear anything but it alone. What if I just wanted to be left alone? Would you let me? What if I wanted to be with someone, would you let me?

 

No.

 

You wouldn’t.

 

“Aim well and shoot!” My ‘emotionless self’ suddenly grew feelings. One I did not recognize. Something that began to suffocate me. I do not like it. More of the dripping arrows scathed me. It being my shoulders down to my legs.

 

Stop.

 

Please.

 

Hear me out…

 

They began to burn. My white blood started to flow out of the mere scratches. I did not like it. I had never seen my own blood before. It was disgusting to look at.

There was a horrid scent. That is smelled of poison. “Oh.” I murmured upon realization, at my wounds with the upmost care. I suppose it would count as a waste. To be immune has advantages. But…

What if I wanted to die? Would you kill me if I asked? Or would you pity me and have mercy? If you did, I would most likely kill you for it. I do not like that—pity.

“Release the hounds!” They smell of normal canines. No, they are Blood Hounds. Understandable. Not clever, but understandable. Their paws shook the ground. I closed my eyes and counted. Ten.

The forest was once a blur. Now everything was clear. Every spirit was in my grasp. The outline of white, around to form the shape of a tree. My legs took me to it and with a sharp pull, I ripped out the spirit of the tree with my tail.

Milky white aura coated my fur. It was refreshing. For only a moment. Then, burning me like the open wounds. It is too pure for something of my caliber. Be rid of it.

There was a snarl. A red lining of an animal that mingled in with many of the same, I opened my eyes. “Get away from me!” I roared, throwing the spirt at the hounds. They began to burn as well. Their brown, patchy hair singed a murky black. A cringe-worthy scent of burnt skin radiated in the forest. The last thing I saw before focusing ahead was one hound bursting into flames, igniting its brothers around it.

Maybe it was a sight to see. I do not know. Something like that was one I did not feel like watching. The aroma alone made a vivid image that made me somewhat regret my actions.

 

No.

 

I’m a demon, yes?

 

I should be laughing, yes?

 

…It was quite amusing to look at.

 

They were a lower, tamed class. Ones who are trash.

 

“After him! He killed our Goddess!” If only they would listen to me. But, even that isn’t something I am worthy enough, yes? Why would I kill my savior? I may be a demon, but I am loyal to ones I respect. A demon’s words are all lies.

That’s what villagers are taught. Their Goddess was one who listened. And I cherished her very dearly.

 

Run.

 

Run.

 

Run!

 

I’m sorry!

 

Something began to cover my perfect vision. It was wet, warm, and tasted salty. I did not like it. As I entered a small clearing, a black rose bloomed near my paws. The liquid fell upon the petals and stained it with a droplet of white.

 

Oh.

 

I cry blood.

 

…I am crying?

 

“Enough. I’ve had enough.” I muttered, slowing to a stop in the garden of black roses. Their footsteps slowed too, almost hesitant to approach me. I faced forward, not allowing myself to look at their pitiful faces. Then I would have mercy on them.

“Demon of Destruction, Agumai…” The village’s Keeper began, his wooden staff hitting the ground with every step he took. I did not respond, but only slid down to sit comfortably on the black roses. “You know what you have done. That is why you ran, correct?” He asked in his all-knowing voice.

“It is a beautiful night. Don’t you think, Moon Saga?” I questioned him by his first name, looking at the sky in awe. …It really was a beautiful night that day. His people made confused sounds, breaking the sweet silence that I wanted.

“Do not ignore my question, Agumai…”  I smiled sadly, up my blood-stained cheeks and turning to him. They all gasped. The emotion grew. “If my hated being tried and stayed, or even explained, I would be executed, no? So, why not leave in the night? Then there would be no trouble, yes?”

“Lowly swine…” The Keeper growled, snapping his staff on the roses quite harshly. “But… it would seem I have to be rid of you. Of all of you. Honestly, a demon would have done that in the first place… why did I wait? I do not have the answer. Let’s end this game, please.”

His eyes seemed to soften, a small smile crossing his lips. “From the ground you rest upon, I call thy souls…” He blinked, scrambling for his people and shouting out orders.

 

“When they all appear, you must…”

 

“I ask of you, in this time of need…”

 

“Do not use poison, Agumai and they are immune…”

 

“…May you help me with the cost of a human sacrifice?”

 

“Whatever you do… do not die.”

 

The earth shook under my paws, rubble floating in the air and seeming to freeze the air. To my right, cracks formed, rocks falling in the deep abyss that was created. To my left, black roses lit aflame, white smoke taking shape.

A hand with jagged claws grabbed onto the edge, lifting itself up slowly. Green eyes lit up in the dense fog as it made a male figure. A face with fire as eyes and a mouth appeared, tangled fur growing on the human limbs.

“Fenrir, my mentor… May you aid me in this battle, with the cost of bloodshed up to your desire?” I asked, watching the God rise on its hind legs and stretch its neck with an unreadable look. “Up to my desire…?” He repeated lowly, his claws with a murderous smile growing. “Yes. To your desire…” Fenrir growled, howling in the night and readying himself.

“Does the same go for me as well…?” A far less evil voice questioned me, placing a gloved hand on my head. I turned to the other God, bowing my head in respect and nodding. “Of course, Loki.” He lifted his hand off from me and hid them behind his back, “I see.”

 

No further words were spoken.

None to his son, or any to his father.

 

“Let’s end this, shall we?” Loki said quietly, stepping out of the smoke and glancing at his son. “Yes.” Was the only response he was given.

It was a bloodbath. A word I would rarely use since I took it as a literal sense. In this case, it was literal. The usual red drenched the roses that symbolized Death, in other words, Thanatos. A father and son moment is what the two assassins would call it. They finally did something they liked. And most importantly, together.

Bodies were lying in trees, flowerbeds, and even hanging off of branches by one of the two somehow getting the said person stuck. I, did take part in the fight. What I had merely done was stun the enemies, allowing the other two finish them off with joyful smiles plastered on their faces.

Loki, he hid his daggers with a small poof of smoke, bowing slightly at me, “Thank you for summoning me, it was a pleasure.” Fenrir looked at his father, watching him fade away with the moon breeze that seemed to be a lilac color. “I shall be departing. Agumai, I am grateful for the battle.” With that, he slowly burned to ashes, following suit with his father, Loki.

 

No.

 

I did not want to kill them.

 

They… they were some sort of family to me.

 

One which a demon should not care for a single soul but himself.

 

…I should’ve murdered them sooner.

 

Even the Goddess—but I do not know who had done that.

 

If I ever meet them, perhaps I should congratulate them? Perhaps I should bow my head in respect as well? Maybe as how they did it? How they were sneaky about it? How they were not caught by the guards? Maybe—

Why am I thinking such a way? I never think that way. My mind and instincts are fighting against each other.

 

I did not want to murder them. I did not want a bloodbath. I did not want the Goddess to die, not my savior, no. Nor did I do such a thing. I…

 

I caused this.

 

I ruined everything. Everything, absolutely everything. Why hadn’t I left when she saved me? Why hadn’t I—forgive me, my Goddess. For have I done a terrible sin, with my mind not wanting to. Deep down, I did not want this, I promise you.

 

The emotion was coming back again. Even bringing back my disgusting tears which smelled of rain. Those white droplets trailed down my fur, mixing with the red splatter to make a dull pink. “Am I truly a demon? A Demon of Destruction? If so, why do I regret a battle that could not be helped? I need answers…” I cried, howling at the moon in agony.

 

“A crying Demon of Destruction howled in the night…”

 

“Can a Demon even sin if his birth was to make sins? No, then what sort of demon am I?” The wind ruffled my sticky fur, drying the blood that stained it.

 

“You are a demon who was never raised. Never raised like your initial beings before you.”

 

I closed my eyes, taking in a sharp breath upon hearing the deathly familiar voice of my Goddess. They opened to see her figure floating before me. No longer with us, but now a part of the moon. Her body that was once of fairest skin showed moon colored flesh, the same dark colored eyes that seemed endless. The blue dress she’d wear was if possible, more elegant than before, faint sparkles dusting the gown.

“Agumai… you are not to be blamed for, I tell you that now.” She whispered, lowering her transparent hand to pet my head with a soft smile. “You are a demon that seeks of someone to care for. And for that person to care for you in return, correct? That is what you did for me, but I could not return it. And for that, I apologize.” My Goddess said sadly, carding through my fur slowly.

“For you are a demon, and that is something I could never give to you.” My head lowered in shame, mindlessly being careless when it came to what they called ‘emotions’. “There is no need for an apology. You were not at fault either.” I said confidently, seeing her dark eyes light up at the tone.

“Please, cry no longer.” She wiped away the tears with a finger, sending a soothing aura into my being. “Why have you appeared in front of me? What have I done to be blessed by your presence?” My Goddess giggled into her hand, but it ended with a sad smile that I did not like. She did not usually appear with one unless it was serious.

“Do you still want to be cared for? And in return care for that very same person?” I couldn’t help my tilt my head at the very obvious question. “We have discussed this, I would like that.” She stopped petting me, clasping her hands together and nodding.

“Would you take the chance on being able to do such a thing?” My head was already nodding before I registered what she had just offered. “Are you saying…” She motioned me to continue. “That… I, I can be…you know?” The Goddess nodded again.

“But, it has one condition, and you must do this or you will be banished to the Neverlands.”

 

“What is the condition?”

 

“Watch over him. And raise him like a demon when the time comes. But, as well as one of the villagers. You must keep both sides in line. He… he is the next being of Chaos. You two, you’d go hand in hand for each other. That is your only condition, and your wish may be granted by the Gods above.”

 

I would not mind watching over an infant. Or any person. The next Being of Chaos, which would mean he is of royal bloodline. An honor, yes. As the Demon of Destruction, my own instincts will be similar, but of course, his own will be far worse. I am a mere demon, after all.

“I accept, my Goddess.” She wore the same sad smile. “I am sorry.”

 

“What for?”

 

“You will forget your whole past. Everything that has caused you to turn this way. What you will remember is yourself and our condition.” I felt my body turn cold. She tricked me. She did not add that into it.

“I knew you would not agree is I told you that you would lose all your memory. But, you cannot live like this any longer.”

 

“My Goddess, I reject the off-“

 

“May Lucifer guide you.” I saw her fade away, leaving me alone again. “M-My Goddess!” I cried, watching her rise back up and join with the moon once again. “Maybe… we’ll meet again?” She did not sound sure.

My eyes felt heavy. My muscles felt like lead. Everything went numb, fuzzy and blurry. I could barely make out the chains that were being brought out of my body, tying themselves onto me and clench tightly if I dared to move.

I could no longer see the night. Nor the moon. The last thing I could see was her face, stained with blue tears and mouthing words. “I… cannot… hear you…” She smiled again, still not a genuine one before I felt my body sway, then collapse on the blood stained roses.

 

 

"M...my...Goddess..."

 

“Don’t forget the things you cherish.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

This is all I’m posting for the story at the moment. I apologize for it being quite short and if it wasn’t up to your standards. Thoughts?