C. 8

Independent Mommy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That evening

 

Taeyeon and Jessica was already home with Jessica's mom with Noah in the living room .

Taeyeon and Jessica were in the kitchen . "So your mom is going to stay here ?" Taeyeon said softly as he sat down on the dining chair.

Jessica nodded , opening the fridge to take out ingredients for dinner, "Who asks you to say that kind of joke?"

Taeyeon sighed and plopped his hear down on the table with his arms supporting it ,"My goddd . It's just a joke . I'm so stupid . Should make another joke. Stupid Taeyeon." He mumbles to himself and softly slapped his own mouth , earning laugh from Jessica.

Jessica squinted eyes at him, "Are you really a ex-convict or you're just lying?"

Taeyeon opened his eyes widely ,"Don't tell me you too . I swear I'm clean. My name's clean in any records."

Jessica chuckles seeing Taeyeon's reaction.

"Well , let her be . As long she's satisfied" Jessica shook her head .

"Anyway , want to help?" She said as she points to the onion on the counter.

Taeyeon raises his eyebrows and stood up,"Okayyy .. But hey , I'm a precious boy as I grew up. This is the first time I'm trying to cut an onion." He said as holds the onion in one hand.

Jessica smirked ,"Alright , come I'll show you ."She took the knife and chopped the onion. "Ouch !" Jessixa shouted . She accidentally cuts her left hand , index finger and it starts bleeding. Surprisingly she didn't shouts loud enough to let her mom and son to hear.

"Oh my god , girl ! Are you clumsy or what?? Chopping onions or your finger?" Taeyeon asked concernly as he pulled Jessica to the sink .

He holds her hand tightly as let her bleeding finger under running water. "Does it still hurt?" Taeyeon asked concernly as they are standing to each other closely .

Jessica scrunched her face in pain . "A bit." She bit her lips.

"Alright , keep your finger under the water for few minutes." After waiting for 2 minutes , Taeyeon took a napkin and wrap around the finger , carefully wiping it .

He then let Jessica sit on the dining chair . Jessica suddenly unconsiously smiles as she looks at Taeyeon's concern face . His frowned yet focused face and his lips that are mumbling things that are inaudible to Jessica's ear .

"Wait here" Taeyeon ordered as he went to one of the cabinet and took out first aid box. After that, he walked over to Jessica and kneel infront her to help with the wound.

Jessica intently looked at him . "Hey , it's okay. I can do myself , it's not even serious"

Taeyeon shook his head like small kid , "no no no . Serious or not , it must be treated properly . What if it gets infection or anything?"He frowned at Jessica.

"DONE!" He then smiles after putting bandaid.

"Thank you , mr 'ex-convict'." Jessica laughed .

Taeyeon glared. ,"Stop saying that . I'm not . pft. If you continue that , I'll show you my nice birthday suit again ." Taeyeon teased back and laughed , earning a knuckle hit from Jessica. "Ah! It hurtsssss !" Taeyeon pouted ."And what happened to no violence? Hey , I helped you with your wound , you know." He complained .

Jessica can't stop laughing , seeing his reaction. "Awww , you in pain too ? Sorry , baby sorry." Jessica teased as she Taeyeon's hair like small boy.

Taeyeon suddenly froze as he felt Jessica's gentle touch and looked at her. Seeing Taeyeon's stare , Jessica also stopped her actions and looked at him .

 

"Beautiful.." Taeyeon said in his mind.

"Adorable.." Jessica said in her mind.

 

"Ehem ! Can I know what both of you doing ?" A voice snapped both of them out from their thoughts. Jessica's mom leaned sideways on the wall, facing them . She came to the kitchen as she hears silence from it since just now. (Well, she can't hear them properly i guess)

With that , Jessica and Taeyeon cleared their throats and stood up. "Nothing ! I'm just helping Jessica on her wound"

Her mom frowned and walked to them , holding her daughter injured hand. "This must be you , right???" She blames Taeyeon.

"Wha- sigh Yes , somehow it's my fault because she tried to show me how to cut an onion . I'm sorry" Taeyeon admits.

"Hopeless" jessica's mom said.

Taeyeon just gave a sarcastic smile and secretly rolls his eyes .

Jessica frowned, "Mom . Stop . It's not his fault anyway , It's not a surprise of this happening in a kitchen .I'm not careful enough. I'm alright now . Go back to the living room. "

"No . You go and rest . I'll prepare dinner for tonight" Her mom ordered.

"But mom!"

"N.O.W" Jessica grunted and walked over to the living room , joining Noah and leaves Taeyeon with her mom in the kitchen."Be nice , mom . Seriously" she said to her mom.

Taeyeon tidied up the first box and kept it back to place .

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter