Chapter 8

EXOrdinary Camp

"Kim Hyun Rin" Suho called out as Hyun Rin was about to reach her dorm.

 

"What?" She turned to Suho with her eyes being red. 

 

"Um... You see, your parents called the office this morning.. so why don't you give them back a call?" Suho say with a smile that is filled with fear from what happen a few minutes ago. 

 

"No" Hyun Rin walks away from Suho "But, they are your family! Give them a call and tell them that your alright!" Suho shouts

 

Hyun Rin turned again and shouted a "NO!" to Suho, amd left him alone in a little more fear. 

 

As soon as Hyun Rin isn't in his sight, Suho let out a sigh and walked back to the office "Well?" Kris said while putting the phone on the table. Suho shakes his head while Kris sigh and picks up the phone 

 

"Sorry Mr Kim ~ Hyun Rin isn't back from the activities yet. Do you want us to help you leave a message for her?" Kris said over the phone.

 

"Hello? ... Mr Kim" Kris puts the phone back down and sigh "What did he say" Suho fold his arms and lean against the wall "He put down" Kris said 

 

"Suho, do something about Hyun Rin... You're her personal instructor.. Go and talk to her" Kris said

 

"I already tried... she just wouldn't listen to me" Suho said while walking towards the desk 

 

"Look, we all know she is an annoying badass that you want to slap the most and all but please... Try to convince her to talk to her parents.. They have been calling non-stop since yesterday..." Kris said 

 

"Don't worry. I will get her to talk to them by tomorrow... hopefully" Suho said, whispering the last word.

 

"You two might want to know this.." A voice said from behimd the two guys, making them turn to find Charin standing right infront of the entrance of their dorm.

 

" I make the girls not to go after her because yes she would kick and slap them.. but it's actually beacuse even she can't understand herself. Sometimes she doesn't even know why is she angry, sad or too happy. Literally. She's not the happy person who you can think without doubting that is she on drugs or not. She'll laugh all of a sudden, and say that she remember something funny. But when we ask her to share with us, she automatically get angry. When she's quiet or moving around, be thankful. At those times, she doesn't feel bad for herself or something. Don't try to suddenly ask her something personal. She'll get a shock and might not respond and get all offensive. It depends usually. So... beware around her. If you find out that she's sad or angry or weird, just get me. I'll handle her." Charin said and left the two guys questioning themselves.

 

What actually goes into their heads....

 

Charin: You two might want to know this.. I make the girls not to go after her because kai is too dark. Sehun's lisp makes people confuse. Chicken taste nicer alone. you are handsome. I am beautiful. I got all jams but you got none. Suho, you is richeu. Kris, you is very the handsome. blablabla i like xiumim not yo chase after my unnie you dorkish Suho.

 

Now do you get why was Kris and Suho is questioning themselves? They didn't get anything in their mind except for the first few seconds when Charin started speaking. They were busy thinking... about... how to get Sung Young to go on a date with him cooly and how to get Hyun Rin to stop being a badass... NOT KNOWING THAT CHARIN WAS GIVING OUT AN IMPORTANT INFORMATION!! Ergh.. Boys nowadys... 

 

"Eo?" Min Rin said "Shh!!" Baekhyun said smiling "Jinja!! That's great" Min Rin smkled "What on earth are you guys talking about?" Hyun Rin say before she sat down next to Min Rin. 

 

"Nothing unnie" Min Rin smiled... with fear and because she wanted to cove rup the topic that they were talking about. 

 

"Baekhyun?" Hyun Rin raised her eyebrows and tilted her head to the right a little bit, making Baekhyun scared and choose to go away "Gotta Go" Baekhyun run away

 

"Geez unnie... Please don't scare Baek Oppa away. And please next time call him 'oppa'. Girls like us must call them oppa not by their names. It's not feminine." Min Rin said while holding Hyun Rin's hand, hoping that she doesn't snap. 

 

"Oppa? Tsk. They don't look like 'Oppa' to me They look more like little kids that I need to teach a lesson." Hyun Rin sassed as she removes her hands from Min Rin's. "You are indeed the Badass" Min Rin stands up and walked away.

 

"Su Yeon ah, can I talk to you for a second" Lay said while holding her hands. "Geurae" Su Yeon blush and puts the book thats she was reading down and follows Lay outside and walk towards the lake. 

 

"Why did you bring me here oppa?" Su Yeon asked while Lay helped her to get on a boat. Lay didn't Respond back but instead, he paddled to the middle of the lake 

 

"Su Yeon" Lay took out his guitar that he place behind him and played a little tune for Su Yeon. She closed her eyes and hums moving her body from side to side.

 

"Su Yeon , do you want to go to the amusement park" Lay asked. Su Yeon eyes poped out the moment Lay finished his question.

 

"As friends..." He added realising that Su Yeon was shocked. "Ah ~ Nae" Su Yeon replied "Because it's the instructors night off, we get to spent a whole day with the campers going out to town and play" Lay said while paddling back to shore.

 

"Ofcourse!" Su Yeon smiled at Lay. Soon, they reached shore and Lay helps her out. "Until then, My Lady" Lay kissed Su Yeon's hands and walked back to the campsite.

 

"OMO.... Did he just asked me out on a date" Su Yeon thought to herself while touching her hands that Lay kissed earlier.

 

-Back in camp ♡ ~ ♡ ~ ♡ ~ ♡ ~ ♡ ~

 

"Na Rae" Kai called out while carrying the fire woods "Nae Oppa?" Na Rae answered and turned around. 

 

"OMG!!! Look at those choclate abs!!!!" Na Rae fangirled in her thoughts as she saw Kai, being shirtless.

 

"Can you help to get some strings? I need to tie these for the Instructors Night off Party" Kai said while pointing at the strings. "Nae Oppa" Na Rae passes the strings to Kai.

 

"Instructors Night off Party ?" Neul Ra asked Chen. "Yeah! We get only one day off in 1 month.. unless there are no camp going on, then we get to rest for that whole time." Chen explained.

 

"Nice! Nice!" Neul Ra said while kicking the stones. "Don't worry , we get to spent the whole day together now. Just thr two of us... You... And me" Chen said with a smile.

 

"Kim Hyun Rin" Suho called out as he enter her room. "What do you want can't you see I'm busy?" Hyun Rin throws her stuff bunny at Suho's face.

 

"Apayo! Anyways Hyun Rin, I just came to check up on you that's all" Suho walk towards Hyun Rin's bed and put the stuff bunny that was thrown to Suho on the bed.

 

"Wae? Just because I'm a badass that doesn't mean you have to come and check on me. You don't have to in the firat place. It's not worth it. What? Are you afraid of me? Cause if you are that's good." Hyun Rin fold her arms and looked at the shivering Suho. Who is actually having traumas of what happened this morning and a few days back.

 

"N-no.. I'm not s-scared of you. W-hy would I be scared?" Suho nervously said trying to cover himself up. 

 

"So why are you checking up on me? I've told you, you don't have to. I don't need you here." Hyun Rin sassed.

 

"Well.. As YOUR camp instructor, it's MY job to make sure all the campers are happy and having fun." Suho said while playing with the stuff bunny.

 

"Uh....Yeah .... What are you trying to say" Hyun Rin grabs a chair and sat in front of Suho, with her eyes being red. "Hyun Rin... Are you having fun here?" Suho asked nervously.

 

"Oh yes I'm having fun. Ofcourse I m having fun. So much fun that I feel like slapping you right now. Can I do that?" Hyun Rin said while tieing her hair 

 

"Don't you miss your family?" He added, making Hyun Rin let her hair go and sit near the window. "Well... ofcourse I do.." Hyum Rin said nervously. 

 

"I mean duh! Are you stupid or what? Ergh. So annoying. How stupid can you be to ask a rhetorical question." She added and start getting defensive. This is why you should have listened to Charin you dumb dumb... 

 

"Why don't you answer their calls then? The others would come to the office and call their family before they sleep. But... I don't see you coming. Not even once." Suho said while gently patting or rubbing Hyun Rin's shoulders. 

 

"Why?? Please tell me. Are you unhappy with me for intruding your personal or did we do something wrong?" the dorkish Suho added.

 

Hyun Rin looks down at her feet "I don't want to talk about it.." Hyun Rin said. "And.. hands off my shoulder unless you want to get broken bones throughout your whole body." She added making Suho feel scared, sigh and take his hand away from her shoulder.

 

"I'm not going to force you or anything. When you're ready to feel like talking to me, do come and find me. I will listen." Suho Said and he left the dorm

.... leaving Hyun Rin burst into tears.

 

"Who is ready to go to townnnnn?" Kris shouts "Honey, don't shout" Sung Yeong said "What if you get sick" She added , Kris smiles "Don't worry about, I'm a fast healer" Sung Yeong hugs Kris and they both blush.. bruhh...

 

"Sorry for interrupting 'your date'" Min Rin say which causes the both of them to blush even more as they release the hug "Woo~ Kkaebsong" Baekhyun and Min Rin chorused as they walked up to the bus 

 

Then followed by the other girls...

 

Making Hyun Rin the last person to get on the bus but she isn't here yet.

 

"Where is Hyun Rin" Suho looks at his watch "Don't she know that we have to leave for town? Like now.." Tao asked Ha Byul sassily.

 

"Yeah... She is our leader .... But she isn't here yet" Ha Byul said "Why don't you guys go to town first? Me and Hyun Rin will meet you guys there.." Suho said before getting off the bus 

 

"Kris, you're in charge" Suho say and run off.

 

The bus then took off and head to town....

 

"What is going on between them?" Kai asked

 

"OH MY GOD!!" Na Rae Said with a shock

 

"Maybe they are dating" She added "Mwo?! Seolma!" Everyone said.

 

"Secretly? That isn't cool. Not at all..." Chanyeol said while wraping his long arms around Ra-E's shoulder 

 

"Suho's dating skills are really horrible. No joke... Honestly too horrible to even be described." Luhan said

 

"Suho hyubg is really funny. He keeps on telling us about how he hates Hyun Rin. But when we were sleeping, he keeps on making kissing noises... It freaks me out. Like really." Sehun said 

 

"We should totally make unnie and Suho oppa date" Soo Kyung said 

 

"Agreed!!" Ra-E shouted as she raise her hand up

 

"We should totally make them date" Min Rin smiles 

 

"They'll probably be the worse couple in earth. I think Hyun Rin unnie's dating skills isn't so bad.." Yuna said.

 

"HAVE SHE DATED BUT SHE DIDN'T TELL US?!" Yoora shouted.

 

"No!!! I mean look at how she takes care of us. She always makes sure that we eat properly, dress properly and never sick. She loves us a lot... I just realised that when she shouted at me this morning.." Yuna said ending her words with a sigh.

 

"Well that is not how we see it. She's all angry when Ra-E first told you guys that she liked Chanyeol. She might have slapped all of you if we didn't come." Kyungsoo said.

 

"Wait wait.. when was this??" Ra-E asked, confused by what Kyungsoo just said.

 

"Remember when Min Rin called me cute like some cartoon? A few minutes before that, she saw us. And that was when Ra-E was talking about her liking Chanyeol. She didn't saw us before that." Baekhyun say.

 

"She is all defensive, but she's really lovable actually. Right Ha Byul?" Sung Young say. 

 

"tsk.. lovable my ..." Ha Byul replied.

 

"She's actually really kind and loving.. Caring.. she thinks a lot. She loves all of us equally. But her ways of showing it is really confusing because she uses violence on us." Charin said out of sudden.

 

" You guys don't know, but she actually stayed up almost every night while we are here to make sure that we are sleeping well. I found this out since the first day. I thought she couldn't sleep. But she will syand once a while to make sure that our eyes are closed. The moment she reaches my sleeping bag, I always close my eyes so that she wouldn't get angry of she found out that I wasn't asleep." Charin added.

 

" She would cover our body properly with the sleeping bag. And whispered to us a goodnight and i love you. She would also kiss our forehead. When she said all those to me, I couldn't help but let a few tears run down my cheeks.. She's that kind, loving and caring. I know her best because I met her before you guys. She protected me from bullies in my school although I can protect myself and we were in different school." Charin said crying softly, making the others let out some tears. Even the EXO boys do too. 

 

"She did that to you guys?? I guess she really is a protective unnie to you guys." Kris said wiping his tears. The others than wiped their tears not realising that they cried a while ago. 

 

"But, Hyun Rin will kill us if we ever set her and Suho together. Remember the last time we set her up on a date with that Jock guy? That guy is really into sports, but she don't liked him because he disturbs her everyday when we are not around." Min Rin said.

 

" And there was once he threatened unnie that he'll kill all of us. But unnie threatened to kill his family instead." Yuna added.

 

" Oh yaa!!! And that guy got shock but tried to put a brave front." Ha Byul added.

 

"Yep yep. But he failed because unnie was giving him that red eyes of her and her famous glare." Yoora ended.

 

"AND THAT GUY PEED IN HIS PANTS!!!! HAHAHAHA!!!" The 11 girls chorused.

 

"But... she nearly killed us for setting the both of them up." Su Yeon said and shiver

 

"Oh .... I remember that like it was just yesterday." Charin said.

 

"She said she'll kill us instead of letting other people kill us because if other people kill us, she have to get revenge. But if she kill us, she's onky left with commiting suicide and we'll be together again." Neul Ra said 

 

"But .... didn't that guy liked her??" Sehun asked "That Jock?" Yoora laughs 

 

"He had a crush on her since elementary school. We didn't know but he stalked her till high school which was like a few months ago. When we found out, Hyun Rin started chasing us around the school with a knife" Yoora added.

 

"Oh my god...She is scary... What if she kill Suho Hyung?" Kyungsoo say as his eyes open wideeeee. 

 

"Nah ~ She won't hurt those who she loves or those who she's friends or close with once you get to know her." Yoora said

 

"She's scary yet lovely. We have a perfect unnie to protect us!" Neul Ra shouted.

 

"Yeah!!!" The other girls chorused.

 

Back at the campsite....

 

"Hyun Rin" Suho knocks on Hyun Rin's door 

 

"Can I come in? Please" Suho knocks on the door again. After standing outside Hyun Rin's room for more than 5 mins and he decided to just barged in.

 

"Kim Hyun Rin, you can kill me if you - ...... What happened here?" Suho entered Hyun Rin's room. What a mess she made. All of her stuffs are literally all over the world. 

 

Suho found Hyun Rin crying beside her bed and walked towards her.

 

"Hyun Rin , are you okay?" Suho bends down and gives a hug to the crying Hyun Rin and she surprisingly hugged back and continued crying.

 

"Don't cry" Suho gently pats Hyun Rin's back as she let out her tears. After crying for like 10 minutes on Suho's shoulder, she pull away and wiped her tears. 

 

"Sorry for making your shirt wet..." Hyun Rin said which kind of surprised Suho. 

 

"The girl who is always fearless and make me feel kind of scared just vried and said sorry to me..." Suho thought.

 

Suho went to the mess hall to get Hyun Rin some water and passes her the cup of warm water.

 

"Thanks" Hyun Rin said softly before sipping her cup.

 

"Wae?" Suho asked "What happened to you? Please tell me Hyun Rin.." Suho said unintentionally grabbing her hands.

 

"I guess I have been hiding my real feelings for too long..." Hyun Rin starts off.

 

"I have a hard life with my family. I'm the maknae, I have a Oppa... And my parents cares about him more than they care about me.. Each time when I came home from school, they would have already left me alone with no food.. While they all head out for dinner.... How kind and caring can they be huh?" Suho sat there and listen to Hyun Rin

 

"When I was alone and no one played with me... Not even my cousins want to play with me.. All my other friends would have a family's that loves them. I'm that only one who goes around questioning myself 'what is family' and 'What is Love'" Hyun Rin said 

 

"That's why I'm such a towards my friends.. Yet, at the same time I love them like a family that I never had. They all tried and tried to get me to date a guy, but they failed.. because I have never felt loved. I feel lonely every time. They are the ones who I always look for. They make me happy...." She added

 

"Hyun Rin ...." before Suho can say anything, Hyun Rin cuts him.

 

"Don't you dare tell the others that I cry. Or I will dig out your eyes and make fishballs soup out of them." Hyun Rin said which makes Suho shiver.

 

"Tsk.. Such a Badass.. Don't worry, I promise I won't tell anyone." Suho replied and smiled. 

 

"Why are you being so nice to me when I have threatened and always at the bridge of slapping you?" Hyun Rin looks up to find Suho's brown obs looking straight at her eyes. 

 

"Because I care about you. Even if you don't care about it, I'm always there for you." Suho said and gently touches Hyun Rin's cheeks and smile at her.

 

Hyun Rin only looks at him. And just before she turn away to make herself feel comfortable and calm, Suho plants a kiss on Hyun Rin's cheeks which made Hyun Rin's face go red from anger and glare at him. 

 

Suho slowly pulls himself back from the kiss and looked a Hyun Rin's red face.

 

"Ahh! I'm sorry. It was some kind of a reflex. I would kiss my ex's cheek when she's sad or sonething, so it was really a reflex! Please don't hurt me! You can cut any of my body parts now! J-just not the face..." Suho pleaded her.

 

"No..... Not today. Since you kind of cheer me up.. What time is it now?," Hyun Rin covers her red face for her to calm down again, while Suho looks at his watch.

 

"It's 3pm we have to go to town now. The others are probably waiting for us right now.." Suho said and holds Hyun Rin's hand. She quickly removed her hand from Suho's grip

 

"Don't touch me! I can walk by myself!" Hyun Rin shouted before leaving the dorm.

 

"There she goes.. back to being a badass .. tsk..." Suho said to himself

 

"I HEARD THAT KIM JOON MYEON!!" Hyun Rin shouted, making Suho shock, scared and run to her to not get left behind.

 

Back in town...

 

"Where is Suho and Hyun Rin???" Kris say with clear tone of annoyed before looking at his watch 

 

"The water park is going to close soon if they won't hurry...." Tao looks at the line of people queuing to the park that has been decreasing due to the time.

 

"Maybe we should just skip the water games and head for something else like sky diving" Neul Ra said "SKYDIVING!!!" Chen shouts in agreement

 

"Neul Ra is the type of person who says she is daring but ..... when she is there... she runs off hiding like a chicken." Ha Byul making the other including Chen burst into laughter.

 

"Urh! You beginninh to sound more like Hyun Rin right now that it annoys me. You hang out with her too much." Neul Ra say and fold her arms.

 

"Aww... Come on..." Ra-E attempt to comfort Neul Ra.

 

"All of us hang out with her too much. You would sound like her when there is something that you don't agree." Sung Young say.

 

"Yep yep. We would all try to use that badass thing in her on us to make each of us feel bad." Su Yeon added.

 

"But when Hyun Rin does it, it reaaaallyyy make us feel bad." Yuna added.

 

"But we all know that we secretly loves it when she's all badass to us. I love you Hyun Rin..." Na Rae added, looking at the sky.

 

"I think I heard Sehun laugh though..." Yoora points at the smiling Sehun "I'm beginning to see you smile very often Oppa. Right girls?" She added and Sehun blushed 

 

"No doubt." Ra-E say getting the other girls to nod.

 

"My smile and laughter is ver very RARE. I've told you that." Sehun said making Yoora laugh.

 

"Kaja, let's go play somewhere else" Kai said 

 

"Play somewhere else? This is the only place we can play at... This is the best water park in town and we have to bring you guys to try this place" Sehun said while pointing at the line of people that is getting shorter and shorter while Xiumin along with Charin queues to get tickets.

 

"Do you think Hyun Rin and Suho hyung will date someday?" Baekhyun asked.

 

"Hell ya! They are fated together!!" Ra-E shouted happily "Eh .... Hyun Rin will kill us!!" Min Rin said and shivers as she imagine Hyun Rin chasing them with knife again.

 

"She told us not to meddle with her love life. And if we do, we can choose if we want to get a kick, slap, chase or option D..." Soo Kyung said before moving over to kyungsoo side.

 

"What did you girls choose then?" Kyungsoo asked while passing Soo Kyung a water bottle.

 

"Chase" Ra-E said "Wae?" Chanyeol said as he hugs the short Ra-E 

 

"Because Hyun Rin's kicks & slap really hard." Su Yeon said "I think you can even hear your own bones crack if it happens." Sung Young added.

 

"Besides, we don't know what option D is.. none of us ever choose it because she say 'I'll reveal option D once any of you chooses it'. So none of us did.." Yoora said.

 

"Ehh" The boys said "Hard life you got there babe." Kris added before wrapping his longs arm around Sung Young's wasit and plants a kiss on her cheeks.

 

"What hard life?" a familiar voice said making all of them turn to find Hyun Rin behind Kris and Suho running towards them.

 

"Ah nothing.. nobody had a hard life. I do." Kris said.

 

"The power of Hyun Rin.." Sung Young say making the other girls nod their head.

 

"Sup Kids" Hyun Rin winks at the girls. "Ah.." Min Rin hides behind Baekhyun 

 

"Wae wae wae?" Baekhyun said "Kkaebsong.. Hyun Rin's winks is really ..... eh... too precious for me to see." Min Rin say.

 

"Your aura is really strong unnie.. it even makes Kris oppa says that he has a hard life.." Ra-E say making Hyun Rin roll her eyes.

 

"Are you sure Kris didn't say that because of Hyun Rin's 'power'? I mean really...." Chanyeol trailed off when he realise that Hyun Rin was glaring at him with her red eyes.

 

"Maybe I do have a hard life too. I'm sure of that..." Chanyeol say looking down.

 

"So are you sure you didn't say that because of our unnie's glare?" Ra-E asked rhetorically, not getting a respond from Chanyeol.

 

"Let's just go play in the water. Xiumin and Charin is back from buying us the tickets already" Suho said while resting on the chair next to Kyungsoo & Soo Kyung.

 

"Nae" Charin and Xiumin run towards them with the tickets "LET'S GO AND PLAY!!!!" Suho screamed at the top of his lungs.

 

And with that, all of them runs towards the entrance and enter the water park. Except for Hyun Rin, who never seems to be excited by whatever that is around them.. aigoo....

 

ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ

Author's Note:

 

I (J)HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOY IT!! 

Don't forget to upvote, comment and subscribe!!!! 

Follow me at instagram guys! @shim_hyunrin. I update about this fanfic at my instagram. You guys can follow and dm me there if you miss me 😂😂 .

 

HAVE A GREAT DAY GUYS!