A smile to hide the pain {Woozi}

One shot collection
Jihoon was never one to show his emotions, sure he would laugh and joke, scold the other members and get angry, but it was rare for the teen to show sadness or pain. So when you noticed the boy holding the side of his face, a pained expression creasing his features as he let out a soft hiss, you began to worry. 
 
"Jihoon, are you alright?" Your gentle voice called out to the boy as you made your way across the practice room, resting a hand on jihoons shoulder once you reached him. 
 
"Yeah, I'm fine" jihoon brushed you off, a smile curling up on his perfect lips. Yet his hand never left his cheek and his smile looked forced, pained. 
 
You couldn't help but narrow your eyes suspiciously, hating when your boyfriend so blatantly lied to you. "Please don't lie to me, I know you well enough to know something's up" you sighed softly, face riddled with concern and worry. 
 
"Honestly, (y/n), it's nothing to worry about" he said, his smile dropping as he began to chew on his tongue, eyes closing as his eyebrows furrowed slightly. You instantly knew what it was now. 
 
"Your wisdom teeth playing up again?" You asked softly, the boy nodding his head ever so slightly as his expression grew more pained. "I'm getting you a dentist appointment for tomorrow" you told him, his pained expression suddenly draining from his face only to be replaced with a soft smile, a smile you fell in love with. 
 
"No need, alls good~" he chirped, a little too happy, which gave it away that he was faking. But before you could even say anything else, jihoon was gone like a flash, messing around with the others as if there was nothing wrong. But you could see it, see the pain hidden behind the smile. 
 
Even if he said not too, you still called the dentist and booked an appointment for noon the next day. 
 
~~~
 
You had gone to bed that night with jihoons arms wrapped tightly around your waist, a smile on both of your faces. Yet some time past midnight you woke to a lot of tossing and turning, a few pained groans and even the sound of silent...sobbing?
 
At first you didn't believe it was crying, thinking you were simply hearing something. Jihoon wasn't one to cry. But as you listened closely, jihoon was in fact crying which broke your heart. "Jihoon, baby" you said softly, sitting up in the bed and glancing down at your boyfriends tear stained face. 
 
"Go back to sleep, (y/n)" jihoon sniffled, clearing his throat as he rolled on to his side, his back facing you. 
 
"Come here" you said softly, shifting in the bed so your back was pressed against the headboard, opening your arms wide for jihoon. But he didn't budge, he didn't even make a sound. "Jihoon, it alright to cry when your in pain. Toothache hurts so bad, I know how you must be feeling. But don't try to hide your pain from me, please" you spoke softly, surprised by how fast jihoon sat up and threw himself into your embrace. 
 
"I-it hurts" he whimpered quietly, face burying into the crook of your neck as pained sobs left his small form. Your heart broken even more, feeling so helpless. "I fell l-like smashing m-my head of a wa-wall!" He growled in anger, gripping hold of your shirt as he clenched his jaw shut, tears still streaming down his cheeks and soaking into your . 
 
You rubbed circles into his back with your thumb, pecking the top of his head over and over again. "Good job I got you that appointment for tomorrow, hey?" You laughed lightly, trying to distract him from the pain. "Just a few more hours, babe" you said softly, rocking him back and forth in your arms. 
 
You stayed like this, jihoon held tightly in your grasp as he sobbed his little heart out due to the tremendous pain. But eventually his sobs subsided, his tense body seeming to relax in your arms. "Jihoon?" You said softly, you voice hardly above a hushed whisper. But you got no reply, the boy having cried himself to sleep. 
 
~~~
 
"Come on jihoonie~ time to take your pain away" you cooed, taking one last look in the mirror before turning on your heels to see your boyfriend stood by the door. 
 
Jihoon looked terrible, face drained of all emotions bar pain. He yawned softly before opening the door, looking back at you expectantly. You walked over, taking his hand in yours before walking out, jihoon following behind slightly.
 
It didn't take long to reach the dentist, you pushing the door open and dragging a reluctant jihoon through the door, sitting him on one of the seats. "Don't move" you warned him, a grumble leaving his lips before he nodded his head, growing slightly nervous of what the dentist would do to him. 
 
You made your way to the desk, greeting the elderly woman with a bright smile before telling her you had an appointment for 2pm for Lee jihoon. The elderly woman tapped away at the computer before looking up with a smile. "Take a seat, you should be called soon" she said politely. 
 
"Thank you" you bowed before turning on your heels and heading back to the boy, who was shuffling around on his seat. "Calm down, you'll be alright" you reassured jihoon, kissing his cheek softly. 
 
Within ten minutes of waiting, reassuring your boyfriend nothing bad would happen and it was for the best, jihoons name was called. The colour seemed to drain from his face when he heard his name, looking at you with a pleading look as he grasped your hand in his. "Please come with me" he begged, looking like a frightened puppy. 
 
"Of course" you smiled, standing to your feet and pulling him up, the two of you walking to the room the dentist had disappeared into. 
 
It didn't take long for the dentist to remove the wisdom tooth which was giving jihoon jip, putting the tooth into a dark blue treasure chest and handing you the small item. "It might be a little weird for a day or two but then he should be as right as rain" the dentist smiled as you helped the giggly jihoon up from the seat, the boy clinging to you. 
 
You had to help jihoon a lot till the drugs wore off, listening to him singing songs and telling you he loved you, it was honestly amusing. But when he finally came round, the smile on his face was the best thing you had ever seen. 
 
"The pain" he gasped, his hand clutching his slightly swollen face. "It's gone! Thank you, (y/n)!" He cried happily, throwing his arms around you and hugging you tightly. 
 
"I'm glad your feeling better" you hummed, pecking his lips softly. "It was sad to see you in pain" you admitted, jihoons smile never leaving his lips.
 
"I would still be if it wasn't for you" he chuckled sheepishly, pulling you in for a passionate kiss. 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Jihoon suffered from toothache a lot and had a tooth removed because of this, and since I suffer from toothache at least once a month, it was nice to write something that would relate to the two of us. And others who know the pain of having really bad toothache!