Moving on {gyuhao}

One shot collection

Days went by, the days turning into weeks, weeks turning into months, yet minghao still felt broken, hopeless. He couldn't understand why he was still hurting over jun, why he still thought about him or why he still loved him, it had been over three months since the elder had left. After everything jun had put him through, all the pain and heartbreak, you would think minghao would be glad to have him out of his life, he thought he would. But he wasn't. He loved jun, he really did and he hated himself for it. But he couldn't just fall out of love with him, no matter what jun had done to him. It wasn't that easy, heck if it was then there wouldn't be a thing called heartbreak, people would be falling in and out of love without any of the pain that followed. Oh how minghao wished he could do that. Minghao was trying to rid his thought of jun and it was working, just slowly. Very slowly. 

"Minghao" a soft and gentle voice called out to the boy who was in his bed, which he hadn't left all day. Minghao didn't respond, he didn't even lift his head causing the elder to let out a soft sigh. "Come on, minghao. I know your hurting but you can't lay around in bed all day, it's not good for you" 

"Go away, mingyu" Minghao signed softly, rolling onto his side and facing the wall, closing his eyes as a few tears managed to escape. 

Mingyu didn't say anything, stepping inside the room and closing the door behind him. It hurt him a lot to see someone he cared about like this, and he hated jun so much for braking the boy like this. He remembers the night minghao called him up, a sobbing mess as he tried to explain everything jun had said and done to him, mingyu quickly going over to the boys house to comfort him and he had been going over everyday since. He made sure minghao was alright and tried to help him get over jun a little bit more each day. 

"Minghao, come on. Why don't you get up, have a shower and we can go out for a couple of hours? Try take your mind off things?" Mingyu said softly as he sat on the edge of the bed, resting a hand on minghaos back.

Minghao was quiet for a few seconds until a broken sob left his lips, sitting up in the bed and quickly throwing himself into mingyus arms. "I-im sorry, hyung" he whispered quietly, burying his face into mingyus chest as he cried till he no longer could. 

Mingyu just rocked the boys, whispering sweet nothings into his ear until all that left minghao was soft snores. This had grown to become something with happened everyday, minghao crying in mingyus chest, mingyu rocking him and telling him different little cute things until he finally cried himself to sleep. 

~five months later~ 

"Hyuuuuung~" Minghao whined like a small child, gripping the elder boys shirt and giving it a soft tug as he tried to gain the elders attention. 

Minghao had found himself a new love interest, and this really helped with forgetting about jun. Thought memories of when they had good times together still brought tears to his eyes, but that was only every now and then. He had mingyu to help him through those times like the supportive boyfriend he was. Yes, boyfriend. The two had started to date round about five months after the brake up, mingyu really helping him forget about jun and move on. He truly did love the elder. 

"Hmm?" Mingyu yawned as he glanced down at minghao before focusing his attention back to ripping small lumps of bread off and throwing them to the ducks. He was pretty tired, having sat up all night to comfort the crying minghao, and just wanted to go home and sleep, but minghao really wanted to go out today. So here the two were, feeding the ducks.

"Can we please get ice cream after this? Or maybe go on a picnic!" Minghao exclaimed happily, a bright smile on his  face that mingyu simply couldn't say no to. 

"Sure, we can do whatever you like" he chuckled slightly, throwing the last little bit of bread in then looking down. "So, what will it be? Ice cream or picnic?" He asked, watching as minghao thought hard about which he would like to do. He couldn't help but smile at the younger, glad to see him finally starting to be himself again. 

"Ice cream!" Minghao said after a couple of minutes of hard thinking. He slipped his fingers into mingyus, taking a tight hold of his hand as they began to walk to the ice cream truck.

Once they reached the small truck, mingyu ordered two ice creams with different sprinkles and syrups, paying once they were done. "Thank you" Minghao said sweetly, taking his ice cream from mingyu and at it. 

The two walked over to a near by bench, plopping down as they enjoyed there cold, iced treat. Minghao leaned into mingyu as he at his ice cream, resting his head on the talkers shoulder. He hadn't felt this happy in a while. 

But his happiness was soon to fade. 

"Minghao?" A very familiar Chinese accent called out, minghaos head snapping up as he locked gaze with no other then the man who caused him so much pain. 

"J-junhui" Minghao whispered quietly as he looked up at the other, mingyu wrapping a protective arm around his boyfriend and shooting the elder a cold glare. 

"Minghao, can I speak to you? Alone" he asked the younger, glancing between him and mingyu, who was slightly intimidating him. Jun was shocked when the younger shook his head, glaring at him. 

"Anything you want to tell me you can say in front of mingyu" Minghao said, giving jun and expecting look as he waiting for what his ex had to say.

With a small sigh, jun looked towards the floor. "I'm sorry, for everything. I shouldn't have been a jerk and left you the way I did. Everything I said about not loving you and just using you was a lie, I didn't mean a single word. And I hope you can forgive and give me another chance, but I think I'm too late for you" jun sighed as he told Minghao everything, though he wasn't being completely truthful. Yes, he was sorry, but he was only sorry because his relationship didn't work out and now he had no one. 

"I've moved on, junhui" Minghao said, looking towards mingyu and giving him a soft smile before pecking his cheek. "And I honestly couldn't be more happy. You hurt me, if you loved me you wouldn't have done that. So no, I can't forgive you that easy, but with time im sure I could. I'm sorry, junhui" Minghao told the elder, looking back up at him as he waited for a response. 

"I understand, I hope your happy and he treats you better then I did" jun said sadly, and he truly did mean that. He did wish Minghao all the best. With that, jun left the two, walking away. 

"Are you alright?" Mingyu asked, his voice thick with concern as he looked at the boy, expecting to see him tearing up or sad after what just happened. But he wasn't. Minghao actually had a smile on his face. 

"You know what? I am, I actually am" Minghao said happily, finally being able to fully move on from jun, leaving everything that happened in the past and justing being happy with mingyu.