Explanations and Deja Vu.

Back Through Time

I woke up to sunlight and the smell of breakfast cooking. ‘Food’, was all my mind could think of as I got up to find the source of the wonderful smell. Out of my room and down the hall, I turned into a small room to the left of the door to that connects to the shop. The room had carpet in all corners, apart from the connected kitchen and a little area with a dining table. I walked into the kitchen to see Gyeong and Jin, cooking to their hearts content. There were eggs, bacon, PANCAKES! With my mouth basically drooling over the sight of the food, I turned to look at the abundance of it. It was almost as if there were a party about to be thrown with how much food was on the counters. On the verge of asking why there was so much food, I spotted the most heavenly food of them all. Hashbrowns. Without thinking, I put my hand out towards the food, grabbing for a piece of bacon to start, when my hand was slapped away.

 

I retracted my hand and held it, unintentionally pouting as I massaged my, now, red hand. “You get to wait for us to finish cooking. Go sit,” Jin looked at me sternly and I reluctantly turned to go sit at the old table just outside of the kitchen. Jin, who looked proud and accomplished, brought a full plate of bacon to the table, staring back at me to make sure I didn’t take any as he went back to grab more. “Not even a good morning,” I sunk into my chair, my face settled in an angry pout. Eventually, Gyeong came over with the last plate of food, setting it in front of me. He smiled at me, sitting to my left at the head of the table. Jin came over with three plates, forks and knives. He gave us one of each then settled in front of me, a smug look on his face. Ooh, I would have smacked the grin right off his face, if he looked less like a five year old and more like the Jin I was used to seeing everyday. After a moment of silence, the guys started grabbing at the food. It was a standard American breakfast with eggs, pancakes, bacon, and those mouth watering hash browns, but I wasn’t going to give in. Jin noticed I wasn’t moving as he dug into his food. He gave me a conceited look before putting some food on a plate for me, reaching across the table to set the plate in front of me. Reluctantly, after getting a mean look from Gyeong, I reached for my fork and started to eat. Omo, was it good. I wasn’t going to show it though.

 

After a few minutes of silence and half empty plates, Gyeong spoke up. “How did you get here, exactly,” he asked me for what seemed to be the millionth time. “I followed someone through a mirror. They threw an orb thing at it and then walked through.” “Why did you follow someone through a mirror? Haven’t you heard of stranger danger?” Jin looked at me as if I were crazy and I almost agreed with him. “I heard them say they were going to hurt you.” Jin’s expression changed and he looked down. “I obviously didn’t think much before following them here, but they knew what they were doing, and they didn’t know I had followed them, until I fought them.” “You fought them!” “What did the orb look like,” Gyeong asked, completely pushing aside Jin’s question. “Uh, it was silver. It was about the size of a softball. The cloak guy had twisted the top off and inside were these little blue and white spheres. They were glowing so brightly and when they threw one of them at the mirror, the mirror kind of swirled, instead of breaking from the force they threw at it with.”

 

Gyeong sat there, a thoughtful look clouding his features. Then, suddenly he got up and left the room. Jin and I sat there confused, glancing at each other before continuing with our food. I kept catching Jin staring at me from time-to-time as if he were unsure of whether he should ask the question on his mind. Right as he opened his mouth to speak, Gyeong barged back in the room and put a picture right in front of me. Startled, I looked up at him. He looked unnerved and scared at the same as he motioned to the picture with his eyes. I looked down at the picture and my brain almost exploded. There in the picture was the same orb with the year 2230 labeled across it.

 

“That's it. That was the orb they used.” I looked to Gyeong only to wish I hadn't. He had a look if pure hatred on his face and if I didn't know any better I would've run away for fear he would hurt me. “What were they wearing?” “Dark clothing, baggy, their face was covered, at least the eyes,  but I doubt it was someone I knew.” He grabbed the picture harshly, crumpling it as he stormed away.

 

“What's wrong with him?” I looked at Jin and shrugged, before getting up to follow.  “Wait, Gyeong?! What's wrong?  Do you know who it is,” I asked once I had caught up to him. I followed him all the way to what I had assumed was his room, where he started tearing up his closet. “What are you looking for? Please, tell me what's wrong.” “This.”  He pulled out a little golden key. It was slightly rusted, long and thin, and he looked at it as if it were the key to everything, excuse my pun. However, there was another look evident in his eyes when he looked at the key. Like it had caused him immense pain or something. Whatever it was, the look in his eyes did not look good.

 

“Let me tell you the full story.” I sat down on a couch across from the bed, listening attentively. “I was a very respected, young scientists, earning the nickname ‘Gyeong.’ Naturally, I had wanted to be the one to discover time travel, but what had set me aside from the wanna-bees was, I did. I discovered how to time travel and I made the first machine.  “You discovered Time Travel?” We both  turned to look at the door,  where we saw a curious Jin peeking his head in. He joined me on the couch, eagerness evident in his eyes.

 

“Yes.”

 

 

 

Helllloooo! I am soo sooooo sorry I have been gone, and didn't update. I have been super busy, like I don't even think you understand, but finals and track meets and dance performances and *takes a huge, big breath* just so much. So I am very sorry for that. To make up for it, I will give you a double update! Thanks for reading guys and talk to me a bit! I love reading feedback, constructive critisisim tooooo! (I think I spelled that wrong :P) Anyway, thanks for reading and enjoy the next update! :D <3