The Unknown’s Story, Flashback- Unknown’s (Cloaked Person’s) POV.

Back Through Time

“Pass the Ginger Ale,” the old man shouted as they all laughed, having a great time. I watched through the kitchen window as they partied, those wretched smiles stitched on their faces. I changed the position I was sitting in and winced when I felt my knee tense. That damn girl. Always getting in the way, always in places she need not be. It doesn't matter, however. Regardless the time or place, revenge always tastes sweeter once the enemy is out of the way.

 

Flashback

 

I grabbed the clothes from under the mattress and put them on. They were perfect. Dark, concealing, and they hid any chance of showing my true identity. I walked out of the room, making sure to keep my head down as I walked through the halls. I needed a mirror. I always found the the best way to travel, well, time travel.

 

I went to the bathroom,  making sure to lock the main door. Don't want any witnesses. I opened each of the bathroom stalls just to be extra cautious,  kicking them to be dramatic. When I found no one, I took out the  time travel orb and twisted off the top, pulling out one of the blue, glowing spheres and picturing where I wanted to go, in my head. With the time and place I so desired in mind, I chucked the sphere at the bathroom mirror, and watched as it passed through. I smiled as the mirror started to swirl and I put the orb back in my cloak. I stepped through the mirror, but not before uttering my favorite phrase, “Jin will be mine.”

 

Unfortunately, I wasn't aware of the ‘extra baggage’ that was with me when I travelled. After landing in an abandoned street, I bolted, heading for an old friend's house. I headed to the local club where I usually met him whenever I came to this time. I didn't even have time to change from my clothes, because he was there before me. He never showed that early unless he wanted something.

 

Flashback

 

Damn.

 

He was leaning against the wall of the club when I approached him. “You're late,” he said, standing up. “You're early,” I retorted. “What do you want now, Kai?” He smiled cunningly and stood in front of me. “There are lots of things I want.” “And most I can't help you with, Kai. Cut to the chase already.” “Alright, jeez. The stocks that do well. 3 days time.  I need to get the rest of this money, so I can start.” “You mean these?” I held up the printed results. “You asked me for them last time. I know you are eager to start your business, but don't forget the deal. What about tools I asked for?” He handed me a body bag, rope, and a crowbar. “I'll give you the rest back at the house.” He reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out his car keys. “Shall we?” We got in his car, a red Ferrari, which was parked on the side. We drove five miles to the wealthier part of town, stopping at his four floor mansion. “I see you've spent your money well,” I said as we exited the car. “It pays to be from the future,” he said as we got inside his mansion.

 

“Alright, it is about 1 a.m. now, so we should sleep now, and be ready by 9:30 p.m. I need to rest.” “Alright, boss,” he said sarcastically while saluting. “And you better not forget that,” I replied, pointing an accusing finger. “I'm the one running this whole operation and if you don't make sure your is together, you can forget about your business and kiss your dream goodbye.” “He backed away with his hands up, as if I had a weapon. Speaking of which, “Where's the gun?” I walked toward him and he backed up further. “I'll  give it to you in the morning, you should rest,” he tried to calmly, and made the mistake of putting his hand on my shoulder. Being trained in martial arts, I swept his hand off and grabbed the collar of his shirt, pinning him to the wall. “Don’t.  touch me. And take these damn papers, too.” I took my hand off him and pulled out the papers, pushing them at his chest. He held his chest, papers in hand, and watched as I made my way to the stairs. “Which room should I stay in,” I asked him, without sparing a look. “Th-The first door on the left. Second floor,” he stumbled, as I made my way to the room. I probably shouldn't make enemies of my allies, but I'm the mastermind and time travel always gives me such a headache. Great, I'm not even making grammatical sense now.

 

The thing with my version of time travel is it is one of the older versions of time travel. I know, how is this in any way old? Well, mine is a 2090 government version.  I have my ways. After the public’s discovery of them in 2100, everyone wanted one. It was hard to keep them inside the government facilities they were in, but of course, some got out and into places like the black market and other underground places of that sort. Whatever the case, however, the government and the it's agency that started it all, Kim Corporation, continued working on them until they made the 2180 version, a time travel device they could track. Mine being to old to track, I have been able to travel without being followed by time police. Yeah, time police. I thought it was stupid, too, but after the whole public finding out thing, they had to make sure to keep everything under wraps.

 

How do I know all this, one may ask. Well, I stole one of the first time machines and I have been setting up this whole operation ever since. Anyway. I went to sleep once I found the room, needing the rest from the pounding headache and nausea I had gotten from the travel. And you'd think I'd be used to it by now. I had a big day to plan out and everything had to be perfect.

 

When I woke up, the sun was shining and it was about 11:45 a.m. I checked my orb to see how many travel spheres I had left and I only found three. Deciding to fill up before I the big night, I got dressed and used some of used some of Kai’s mouthwash in order to be somewhat respectable. I went downstairs 10 minutes later to tell Kai the plan. “Goodmorning. Or should I say almost afternoon.” I nodded in agreement and started to tell him the plan. “I need to get a refill on my spheres. I should be back no later than five.” He nodded and handed me a bagel. “Don't travel on an empty stomach.” I snatched the food away, tisking at him, but smiling as soon as I turned around. I made my way to the bathroom and waited the three minutes to 12.

 

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, with my version of time travel,  I can only travel at 12, whether that be a.m. or p.m. After watching the bathroom clock turn 12 and throwing a sphere at the mirror,  I thought about the time and place I wanted to go. ‘China, 2200, The Park’s Residence’, I thought and I walked through. I found myself in the small apartment I was so used to seeing and saw him there, with his back to me. “Hello, Jimin.” He turned around swiftly upon hearing my voice, eyes big and wide.


“Ms. Yi.”

 

 

Hello Hello! I really do apoligise for not updating last week. I just recently started a new job and yeah.... Shout out to ILoveKDramas1 for upvoting my story! My first upvote guys :) thanks so much XD 

I am going to start writing and fixing this fanfic again and try to update more. If I get some feedback within the next couple of days, I will add the second part of the Unknown's POV early! Once again, thank you for reading and have a good weekend!!!! XD