Come back to me - Jin’s POV.

Back Through Time

 

“Have you seen this girl,” I asked a random stranger, as I walked down the street, holding up a picture of Minah. She's been missing for a week and all I've gotten were the same answers. “No” and “I'm sorry” and even “I hope you find her.” Just the same generic answers over and over again!

 

I sighed, deciding to go home since I had already been out most of the morning, about five hours now. I parked in the driveway of the white paneled house and walked through the red door, locking it behind me. I climbed up the stairs and collapsed on the bed, running my hand over the empty side of the bed. Tears started again, my eyes puffy all the time from the constant crying. I just missed her so much, and with that I cried myself to sleep.

 

I slept for about an hour and a half, not having been able to sleep well with Minah missing. I went to the bathroom after waking up, not even surprised by the monster staring back at me in the mirror. Honestly, I looked like . I hadn't showered in a couple of days and I had barely taken care of myself. I hadn't eaten much, only having a few hours of sleep for the entire week. My face looked horrible, all puffy and red, tear marks stained my face, and my hair was a mess, too. I was just lucky it was Saturday and I didn't have to work, which I had missed a couple days of, as well.

 

I decided to take a shower, trying to waste time and wash some of the pain away. I put some sweats and a white T-shirt on when I was done and started heading down stairs, when I heard knocking. I unlocked the door and opened it and was a little taken aback when I saw who it was.

 

“Hello, Jin,” Eun Ah said sweetly as she held up a dessert. “I bought pie.” I stood there, a little unsure of how to address the situation. I mean, she used to be one of my good friends, when Minah, her and I were besties or whatever they called it, but then she kind of broke off toward our senior year of high school and we hadn't really talked since. I guess I didn't really talk to her because her and Minah hated each other or something now. “Can I come in?” “Uh, sure Eun Ah,” I held the door open for her, “Come in.” I felt kind of stupid for just standing there like that. I'm usually more mannerful, so I after the initial shock I didn't hesitate on letting her in. I mean, she's an old friend, right?

 

“Thanks,” she smiled as she took off her flats. “Where should I put this?” She held up the pie again. “Here,” I accepted the dessert and led her to the dining room. “Please, sit,” I said as I pulled out a chair for her. “Thanks! I actually came to thank you and Minah for helping me during the whole car crash thing,” she said a little shyly, before looking back up at me. I had almost forgotten about that whole fiasco and it was amazing to see how fast she healed, only having small bruises on her hands. “Yeah, I assume you recovered well?” “Yep, good as new,” she said jokingly, before her expression changed. “Where is Minah,” she asked innocently and I froze. “I mean, it's not any of my business, but I know classes are over, so I was just wondering,” she trailed off upon seeing my expression.

 

“She, um, she's. ..” “She's missing,” she finished for me and I looked at her suspiciously.  “How'd you know?” She picked up one of the missing signs I had made, sitting on the table.

 

“Oh, yeah, she is,” I replied sadly, attempting to hold back the tears.

“When did she go missing? I could help….” she trailed off again, as I looked up at her teary eyed. “Oh, Jin. I’m so sorry,” she said to me sweetly, as I sniffled, and she got up, holding her arms out. I was a little hesitant on being embraced, especially by another woman other than Minah, but needing the support in that moment, I let Eun Ah take me in her arms. “Oh Jin,” she cooed, patting my head. It was weird for me, but comforting at the same time, especially in this time of despair for me.

 

I stayed in her arms for a good 20 minutes before coming to terms with reality, and soon I felt wrong. I pulled away slowly, and her softly for being kind, apologizing at the same time. “What’s wrong?”

“It is not you Eun Ah, but, I , I just feel wrong. I’m sorry.” She seemed to twitch a little in, irritation?

“Jin, I could make you feel better. I could take the pain away.” I smiled gently at her, trying to be careful as to not anger her or hurt her feelings.

“I’m sorry, Eun Ah, but I have Min Ah.”

“She’s gone! You should just give up on her and be with me,” she bursted out all of a sudden and I was taken aback.

“Eun Ah, I’d never forget Minah, I don’t think I ever could, nor am I willing to, whether she is gone or not.” She looked to be on the brink of tears, but that look quickly changed into agitation and arrogance.

“You’ll wish you had chose me instead of her.” She gave me disgusted smirk, her smile dropping at my next response.

“No one could replace Minah, not even you.” Looking as if her whole world had shattered, she shook in anger as she her heel and walked out the door, making sure to slam it behind her. I closed my eyes in thought and sighed, frustrated with my situation. Minah would never up and leave like this, and it was as if Eun Ah knew something, but I couldn’t put my finger on it nor go around accusing her of doing something to my girlfriend.

“Ahhrgh, Minah where are you,” I puffed out exasperatedly as upset tears welled up in my eyes. I screamed out loudly, my vexed calls echoing off of the walls of the empty house as I pounded my fist against the table top. “Where are you,” I choked out, my anger slowly being replaced with sorrow after every breath.

 

********

 

Sleeping that night was nearly impossible, however, every night was like that after Minah had disappeared. Crying myself to sleep was common and I rarely remembered the night before after waking up in the morning. I was in pain. There was no other way to describe it. Unable to be in pain anymore, I called up one of my close friends who I went to college with my freshman year.

 

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Hoseok? Hi, it’s Seokjin.”

“Jin! Man, you haven’t called me in a few months! Where have you been man,” he yelled happily into the phone, and I found myself feeling slightly better just hearing his voice.

“It has only been two weeks.” He laughed loudly with an agreeing tone. “Um, do you remember Mina Ah?”

“Of course I do. Every time we hung out you’d talk about her. How are you guys doing, hm,” he asked excitedly and my heart dropped a little for bringing my bad news to him. “Seokjin?”

“Yeah, uh, no, she is doing great, thank you. How have things been going with you.” I decided I wasn’t going to be selfish and changed the topic.”

“I’ve been okay, but you sound like death. What happened man?”

I whimpered a little bit, unwilling to put his feelings under but in need of someone to talk to. “Uh, Mina, uh. She disappeared a little more than a week ago, and I’m not sure what to do,” my voice wavered with every word and I found myself unable to hold the tears back. “I just need a drink and someone to talk to.”

“Oh Seo. Sure man, please, come over. You still have my address?” I nodded. Knowing he couldn’t see me through the phone I gave him a saddened yes, and he told me he’d leave the door unlocked.

“Thanks J-Hope,” I replied gratefully, calling him by the nickname I gave him at the end of our freshman year.

“Ok, drive safe.” I nodded, sniffling as I hung up I grabbed the pie from fridge as a gift for Hoseok and I went to my car, starting it as soon as I was in.

 

*********

 

“I miss her so much,” I slurred slightly to Hoseok, as I lied on his couch with my third beer and a piece of pie on a plate in my lap, taking a small bite out of it.

“Where do you think she could be? The last place you saw her was the hospital, right?” The thing I loved about Hoseok was his concern for his friends and the hope he gave them, something I didn’t see often from others, therefore earning him the nickname J-Hope.

“Yeah, we were at the hospital for Eun Ah, and-” I stopped upon realizing something. How did Eun Ah heal so fast? She was in really bad shape when we took her there?

“And what?”

“I don’t remember-,” suddenly,  my head started pounding and I couldn’t see straight.

“Hey, are you okay,” Hoseok asked, standing up to help steady me, as everything started to move in slow motion. “How much did you drink,” he mumbled, taking away my drunk beer and barely touched pie and setting it on the coffee table among the other bottles and almost full pie.

“I don’t know,” I slurred and he layed me on the couch.

“How about you rest for a bit, okay? Matter of fact, how about you just stay the night?” I nodded in response, no longer able to speak as I slowly lost consciousness. The last thing I remembered before blacking out was that night at the hospital, then suddenly, everything went dark.

 

Hellooooo! Sorry I am a day late. I was exaughted yesterday and didn't want to provide you with an extra crappy chapter, so I waited until I was awake enough to write. Sorry that this is mostly just filler stuff, but there are some important stuff in this chapter that will matter later in the story, so tough it out for me! So, hey! We know for sure that Eun Ah is the masked guy, A.K.A the Unknown! Dun dun dunnnnnnn! Hehe :P

This a complete change of subject, but I have started another story, a Jimin fanfic (because, uh, fricken Park Jimin), but I was wondering if you guys would like that? It would mean I would have to post a chapter for this story only once or twice a month, but you would be getting two stories updated (both once or twice a month) and it would give me more time to fix this and get the plot set. I know how I want to end this, but everything has to line up and writing this on my own with no one to check it or co edit is hard, so give me a break, but I love writing and I am very proud of where I am with this story and the one I haven't put up yet. Please let me know what you think!

Anyway, hope you enjoyed this chapter, sorry for the mistakes, and I'm so sorry if there are any ideas or if the plot is similar to another story, it is purely coincident! Also, SORRY FOR MY RAMBLING. Ok, bye <3