Let’s play keep-away.

Back Through Time

It was still raining, and I was running through the woods, not quite sure where I was going, but as long as it was away from the cloaked person, we were okay. Oh yeah, I have my 8 year old, soon-to-be husband over my shoulder. I slowed down, having already run a mile and I put Jin down, slowly. I was a little afraid to see what he looked like and how he would react to me. Would he think I was the one who kidnapped him? I hesitantly opened the mouth of the bag and saw the tuft of Jin’s hair. I pulled the bag down over his face, and saw his eyes wide open, but he didn’t do anything. He looked scared, but he didn’t react. I pulled the rest of the bag down, pulling it off of his feet. Now I know why he didn’t do much. His hands and feet were bound with rope. I looked at him, hurt seeing him in such a state. His brown eyes stared at me, almost pleadingly. His light brown hair was a mess, a combination of just having been asleep and all the running and fighting. He was wearing a blue t-shirt with Captain America on it and matching pajama pants. He didn’t have any shoes or socks on, and his feet looked pale, almost blue, probably from both the cold and the fear he was holding onto. He was a tall, skinny kid, about 140 cm tall (4’ 5”- 4’ 6”). He had a few bruises on his shoulders and side of his face, most likely from being thrown around.

 

I just sat there and stared at him. He was exactly as I remembered him. He stared back, unsure of what I would do. I reached to to his hands and he flinched at the sudden movement. I didn’t say anything, I just looked at him, assuring him I wouldn’t cause him any harm. I grabbed his wrists and untied the rope around them. I helped him, sit up against a tree. I untied his feet, and he just sat there staring at me the entire time. Once I was finished I backed up, giving him a chance to think. He watched me, looking as if he were ready to run. “I’m not going to hurt you. I just had to get you away from that person….” He got up and ran. “Jin!” I ran after him, hoping he would listen to reason.

 

He was fast and I had trouble keeping up with him, also considering I had just run a mile with a few extra pounds on my back. I realized I was probably scaring him chasing him like this, and so I stopped. I sat down and watched him run without hesitation and without looking back. He didn’t look close to stopping and I considered giving up, until he tripped on a large root, flying a few feet before face planting. “Jin!” I ran to him as he laid there, motionless. “Jin. Jin! Are you okay?” He didn’t respond. I mentally freaked out before putting two fingers to his throat. I stayed deadly still, hoping to feel a pulse. When I did, I sat back, letting out a breath I didn’t know I was holding. I turned him on his side, so he was facing me. He was unconscious, but he was letting off small snores, his chest slowing heaving up and down as he slept. I subconsciously pushed some hair away from his face as I sat and stared at him. It was so weird. He was going to be my best friend in a couple of months, then my boyfriend in high school, then my fiance in college. This cute little boy would grow up to be the person I love. I had to protect him, no matter what.

 

I picked up the sleeping Jin and put him on my back. I knew where I had to go and it might be the only place where we would be safe. I somehow found my way back to the hotel, it now being 12. We were soaked and baby Jin was still out cold. I put his head by the crook of my neck to make it look as if he were sleeping. Ha, baby Jin. The lady smiled at me and then gave a cute smile at Jin. “Brother?” “Cousin,” I lied and smiled back, rushing down the halls as soon as I was out of sight. The door had the stopper in it and I quietly walked in. When I saw no one was in there, I put baby Jin on the bed carefully, as to not wake him, and went back and locked the door. I walked to the dresser in the room and looked through the drawers for any extra clothes. Unfortunately, I did not find any. Well, he’s asleep, right? This is so wrong.

 

I went to the bathroom and grabbed lots of towels. I look off my light purple sweater and hung it up on the towel rack. I took the extra towels and walked out to the sleeping baby Jin. I looked at him and grimaced, as I reluctantly took off his soaked clothes. I left his underwear on, trying my best not to look at him period, and feeling very embarrassed. I dried him off then threw a towel over his body. I covered him with the blanket, feeling much better that I could only see his face. This was wrong on so many levels and I didn’t like it one bit. Would it be better if I thought of him as a cousin? No? Okay. I dried his hair, once again, pushing his hair off his face unknowingly. This was real, but it felt like it shouldn’t be. Oh, man, the stuff I get myself into.

 

I hung up his clothes in the bathroom alongside my sweater and shut the bathroom door. I stripped all of my clothes, apart from my underwear and bra. I dried my wet skin and wrapped a towel around my torso. I walked out, relieved to see baby Jin still asleep. I walked to the dresser again and saw a note there. ‘When you decide to get help- Gyeong’ and then there was an address. Thank G’d! As much as I disliked and didn’t really trust him, he was better than no one at this point. I was going to go there originally, but had forgotten which way the house/shop was, so I came back to the hotel, hoping he was as smart as he looked and left me some form of contact. I looked at the time. 1:15 am. I decided on going there in the morning. I was about to go to sleep when I realized there was only one bed. There was no way I was sleeping, half- in a towel next to a little boy who was from a different time period, I don’t care who he is. That sounded so crazy in my head. I looked at how peaceful baby Jin looked sleeping there and decided to sleep on the floor. I put a few towels down and then used a few more as blankets, it only taking me a few minutes before falling asleep from exhaustion and an unbelievable day.

 

I woke to the sound of glass breaking and Jin shaking me awake. I sat up immediately, looking him over to see if he was okay. “What wrong,” I asked him, worry filling my eyes. He pointed to the window where a hand was repeatedly punching through with brass knuckles. “Jin, run to the bathroom and get your pj’s on. Grab my clothes, as well,” I told him calmly, but rushed. He nodded at me fast and ran to the bathroom, he came out within a matter of seconds, clothes on and mine in hand. I quickly threw my clothes on, not caring that he was there, but he wasn’t paying me any attention. He was looking at the cloaked person punching through the window, who was only a few punches from getting through. I grabbed Jin’s hand asking him to trust me. When he nodded, I told him one thing and one thing only. “Run.”

 

 

 

 

 

Helllllllooooooo again! I'm very sorry for not updating yesterday, I had to finish a college paper and then had a test in the morning, so I didn't have time in between, but that's done now! This chapter was hopefully very discriptive, and you could hopefully imagine everything (the kind of weird parts, but I know some of you like that :P ) I should start asking questions cause I feel my author's notes are boring, but yeah. Or you could ask me, but I'll start it off. What is your favorite color? Mine is blue and purple :) Anyway, I will see you all again next Thrusday with the next chapter! Have a nice weeeeekkkkk :D

-Kristil <3