Hide ‘n’ seek.

Back Through Time

We sprinted down the hallway of the hotel, hearing the final break of the glass behind us. We heard rough footsteps and only caught a glimpse of the cloaked person before we rounded the corner. We ran into the dark lobby and sprinted for the door. We reached the door, throwing them open, hearing the footsteps of the cloaked figure close behind. We ran outside and luck was on our side. I saw a taxi heading our way and I quickly raised my hand. The taxi stopped as the cloaked figure reached the door. We crawled inside the taxi with speed as the figure ran down the steps, a limp clear in their run. “Where too?” “Please..” “JUST GO,” Jin yelled at the taxi man and the taxi driver hit the gas, speeding off right as the cloaked figure was reaching the door of the car. They were just out of reach of the handle and failed with keeping up with the car. We both stared back at the figure who slowly disappeared from our line of sight.

 

“Are you guys okay?” We both snapped in the direction of the taxi driver and then looked at each other, relieved. “Yeah, sorry, we were, just late…, um. Could you please take us to this address.” I pulled out the paper from an embarrassing place (my bra), Jin throwing me a weird look, as I told the taxi driver the address on the paper. We reached the street to the shop after sitting in the car for fifteen minutes. I looked at the car’s clock and saw it was 5:53 in the morning. I had had less than three hours of sleep and I was tired. Jin looked just as tired, but fear was still very present in his eyes, as he looked to be thinking of his next move. The taxi driver pulled up next to the shop. “Here we are!” “Thank you,” I pulled out my wallet, which I really don’t understand how it had stayed with me through this whole adventure, but somehow it has. Luckily, I had a few thousand won, which was enough to pay for the ride. I paid him the exact amount of money, not having enough for tip. Jin saw that I was short and pulled a few thousand won out of his pajama pocket and gave it to the taxi driver. “Thank you,” he said to the taxi driver and got out. I also thanked the taxi driver and rushed out of the car, afraid Jin might run again. The taxi drove off and Jin stood there, obviously not comfortable with me, but somewhat of a trust clear in his eyes. That and he didn’t run.

 

As we walked up to the door of the shop I realized something. “Hey, you talked. That is the first time I have heard you say anything.” He looked at me unenthusiastically like I had just said the dumbest thing in the world. His face clearly said, ‘No ! You basically kidnapped me and are holding me hostage and I don’t know who the hell you are. Of course I don’t have much to say.’ I know that was a lot from one face expression, but if you saw his face, that description would fit. I didn’t say anything else and continued walking up to the door. I hesitantly knocked on the door, quietly, but loud enough for anyone inside to hear. We waited a few moments before a light came on inside the shop. Jin looked upset and scared, still hesitant of whether he should trust me or not. When the door opened, however, Jin was quick to stand behind me, peering at the old man from behind my shoulder. “Well look who showed up.” He smiled an amused one and I contemplated smacking him. I know, I should respect my elders and I usually do, but after all I had went through tonight, I was not in the mood for jokes. He opened the door wider for me and gestured in. I reluctantly walked inside, Jin close to my side as he stared the old man down. Gyeong looked surprised,  like he didn’t even notice Jin when we walked in. “Who’s the kid?” I looked at Jin, who was still standing closely behind me. “This is Jin,” I replied slowly, unsure of how I should go about explaining. With no other way to explain it, I decided to tell the truth. “He’s my husband.”

 

“What?!” Both of them said to me at the time. I looked at them, on the verge of panic. “Well, he isn’t now! I mean, not in this time period. In a few years he will be. Oh, g’d this sounds so bad,” they both looked at me as if I were insane. I looked at Gyeong, begging him for a little help with my eyes. When he didn’t respond, I turned to Jin, who had backed away from me. “Jin…,” I almost whispered, tears started to form in my eyes. I was so overwhelmed and I didn’t have any energy to explain, so I sat down and started crying. When I looked at baby Jin through my blurred eyes, he looked like he had seen a ghost, but his facial expression was softer, the result of seeing me cry. I wanted to explain and not come off as a creepy kidnapper when I wasn’t, but, right now, I was overly stressed and I needed sleep. I wanted to be home, back with the Jin I love, the one who protects me. I swear I’m not usually like this, actually i almost never cry, but I'm just so tired and scared and what evermore excuses there are for me being like this. ..

 

As I sat there crying, I felt a pair of arms dubiously go around and embrace me. Baby Jin sat there and hugged me while I bawled my eyes out, and while it was not the Jin I was used to being held by any other day, it was still oddly comforting. Like a scared child,  I hugged the 8 year old Jin back tightly but not too tight as to break his small self. Gyeong stood there, baffled, as if he'd never seen someone cry and he tried to fix it. “How about she stay in this room.” Jin helped me up and led me down the same hall that I had been down the day before, when I ran from the shop. Gyeong started to walk to the room I had previously stayed in while unconscious,  but then he walked passed it. We went two more doors down and he stopped at a door with pink and white stripes going up and down along it and opened it.

 

The room was huge! It had a queen sized bed against the back left corner, a big dresser at that end of the bed, its back against the wall. The dresser was a medium toned gray, with blue polka dots.  There were a bunch of posters of kpop and American bands in the walls. The walls themselves were painted blue on one side of the room and pink on the other, almost as if it were unfinished. I ignored a lot of the other details and crawled onto the bed, curling up in a little ball. I was really a wreck. “Jin, you can stay in this room,” Gyeong said as he started to walk out of the room. “No. I'm going to stay with her.” Gyeong looked at Jin, and when he saw that Jin was serious, he closed the door and left.


Wondering why Jin was being so nice to me after everything, I started to cry harder. Honestly, you would think I was on my period, it was that embarrassing. I was faced toward the wall. I had grabbed a pillow and was hugging it tightly as I cried into it. Jin  put a hand on my back, a little unsure what to do, before asking me a question. “Can you please tell me your  name?” Oh my g’d. Throughout this whole time, I hadn't even bothered to mention my name. “I’m...so...sorry, Jin. I dinit evn telllu my name. I'm sucha bad person,” I struggled to talk in between huffs. He sat there silent, until I realized I still hadn't said my name. “It’s Mina Ah,” I sniffled. “ Hmm, Mina Ah,” he said thoughtfully, as he rubbed circles on my back, kind of like a loving little brother.  Eventually, I stopped crying, replacing the whines and huffing with soft snores. Jin slept on the opposite side of the bed, while I was knocked out, not waking up until the sun was high and shining.

 

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!! Hi guys :D This was kind of a boring chapter, but if I get some more comments, I'll post twice next week :P I had a dance performance Monday and I have another coming Tuesday. I have so much going on!!!!! Anyway, I wanna hear from you guys, so let me know where your at, something about you , anything you want (not to sound desperate, haha). (Unless I get more comments) see you next Thursday! :) <3  

 Vo8db_ulJLyuVdJkyOVYovFXxCKWiQL_auKU3zmY