The Unknown’s Story Part 3 - Unknown’s POV.

Back Through Time

Flashback

 

I turned around upon hearing running and didn't have time to react before getting dropped kicked. I fell back harshly, hitting the concrete, and Jin dropped out of my hands. So they wanted to play did they? I got up swiftly and into a fighting stance, having been trained in Tae Kwon Do for 10 years. It was dark out, but after seeing that familiar flash of white, I knew exactly who it was. Minah. She took the same stance, having taken the martial art with me for those 10 years, maybe even longer. How the hell did she even get here?

 

Not wasting another moment reminiscing in old times, I lunged at her with a fast punch, but being the excellent student she always was, she quickly dodged it by simply leaning to the right. She was always one of the best students. She kicked at me with her right foot, which I caught, then grabbing her leg and throwing her to the side. Oh yeah, I was also one of the best students. She rolled upon throwing her and I used that opportunity to try and grab Jin. Before I could grab him however, I was kicked on my left side, stumbling backwards. Minah then had the nerve to stand in front of Jin, like it was her duty to protect him or something, and she scowled at me.

 

I was done playing around. I remembered bringing a gun, and it was my turn to smile as I pulled it out, pointing it at Minah. She stayed deadly still, but only for a moment, and before I knew I could register it, the gun was kicked from my hand and flung to the side.

 

I  sprinted for the gun, only to have Minah jump on my back, causing me to fall forward. I fell on the ground, but quickly turned, enabling me to land a solid punch across her face. She fell to the side and I crawled for the gun, it was just out of reach. Right as I was about to grab the gun, she grabbed my feet and pulled me back, so once again, the gun was unreachable. I tried to kick out of her grasp, but she held on tightly.

 

*Snap*

 

She used her knee to push mine in, causing it to break. I let out a scream, it being muffled by my cloak and I held my knee. Everything started to get blurry and move in slow motion. I couldn't barely even move as Minah grabbed Jin and ran, taking the gun with her. That damn girl. Always getting in the way.

 

I tried to get up, only to fall back to the ground with a dizzying pain. “Kai,” I called out weakly. I started crawling toward the car. “Kai,” I yelled out when I was only a few feet away. He saw me through the windshield and almost threw himself out of the car to get to me.

“What happened,” he asked as he tried to help me up. “AHHHH!” He set me back down gently, insure of what to do. “My knee, i-i-it's broken,” I choked out to him and he nodded. “Which one?” I gestured to my left knee and he nodded again. Suddenly, he lifted me up completely, holding me to his chest as he carried me to the car bridal style. He set me in the passenger seat as gently as he could, me whimpering at every movement, and he buckled me in, running to the other side and getting in the car.

 

He started the car and sped off, heading to the nearest hospital. “I'm taking you Gwacheon hospital.” “No,” I breathed out. “Well, do you have anymore of that future healing spray?” He gave me a worried look. “No, I'm going to get some tonight.” “You can't even walk though!” He pulled over to the side of the road and turned to me. “You'll get stuck in limbo before you can crawl out.” “Kai,” I put my hand on his, “I'll be ok.”

 

When we got to the house, Kai wrapped my knee and gave me some crutches to help me move around. At 12, I travelled to Jimin's time, landing at his apartment and collapsing on his couch. “Jimin,” I said weakly and he came into the living room. “What…” “I need some of that healing spray.” He ran to his supply closet and came back with a spray can. I had removed all outer clothing, leaving me in my sports bra and a pair of boxer shorts I had borrowed from Kai.

 

He stopped short upon seeing me and turned away slightly. “Uh…,” “Oh come on!” He walked over hesitantly, avoiding eye contact. “Jimin, you have a daughter. How the hell did you make her if you can't even look at woman.” He looked at me shyly as he sprayed my wounds, relief immediately spreading over me as the solution healed my wounds. “Yi Anah was very reserved. She was as shy around men as I was around women.”

 

Yi Anah, his wife who had died giving birth to their daughter. They were madly in love, having a child at the young age of 19, and I guess her body just wasn't ready. Jimin had to raise his daughter on his own. He being a doctor, he held up pretty well for the first couple of years. Then the government caught him building a bunch of wild inventions, and they put him out of his job. He was and still is very smart, and his inventions probably could've changed the world. It wasn't long before he ran out of money and anyone one who he borrowed from just beat him up when he couldn't pay it back. Since it was no longer a safe place for his daughter, child services stepped in and took her away.  That is how I met him.

 

*January 2200*

 

* “Daddy!” The little girl held onto her father tightly, as people in suits pulled her away. “Yi Ah, it's going to be alright. Ok? Daddy will get you back in no time.” “Daddy,” the five year old cried as they put her in the car. “It's ok baby girl,” he said through the car window and it drove away. “It's ok.” He fell on his knees, crying, and I approached. “What if I told you I could help get your daughter back.” He stood up quickly, desperation clear in his voice as he spoke. “I’d do anything.” “I think I can help.” *

 

From that day forward he had been helping with me with basically anything. “There,” he said as he finished spraying all of my wounds. “Thanks, Jimin,” I said genuinely and he smiled. “You probably should rest for a couple of days, to let it heal properly.” I nodded understandingly. “I'll try.” He got up and headed for the door. “Now, if you'll excuse me, I have somewhere to go.” “Somewhere more important than me,” I replied teasing and he looked down bashfully. I knew he was going to go and sneak his daughter out for the day like he did every other Thursday. “Well, go on then. I don't want to keep her waiting,” I said turning away and he looked at me thankfully. “Thank you.” “Just go already. I'll let myself out.” And with that, he left.

 

I returned to Kai's place at five in the morning, when I had a sudden realization. Minah had Jin and there was no way she could stay with anyone without someone calling the cops and reporting a crazy person. Also, she could not have returned Jin without being reported for kidnapping, so there was only one place she could have gone. The only hotel in the area, Gwacheon hotel.

 

I stole Kai's car keys and took it to the hotel, making sure to pack my cloak and a pair of glass knuckles. I park in the back and walked to the door.“Hello, did a young girl and kid boy come in here earlier, a few hours ago,” I asked when I got in. The lady looked very tired, like she'd been here for a few hours. “Yes, and may I ask your relationship to them?” “Yes, sorry. My son, and my sister,” I said sweetly and without a second's hesitation she told me the number. “Room 153, and I'm going to bed” I rushed down the hall mid-sentence and found the room. I threw on my cloak and went out a nearby door, finding the window of the room, since I didn't have a key. When I found the window to the room, looking in to see the right people, I put on my brass knuckles and started smashing the window.

 

At the sound of the glass shattering, both Jin and Minah got up, Jin spotted me first. They started moving fast as I continued breaking the glass. I finally broke through the rest of the glass just as they ran out of the room. I jumped through the window, landing hard on my left knee.

 

I sprinted after Jin and Minah, feeling the consequence of not resting as my knee started to hurt and give out. I ran out the front doors and was heading down the steps when they got in a taxi.  I was at the last step and the taxi still hadn't moved. ‘I'm going to make it.’ I was just in reach of the handle when the taxi pulled away. “Dammit,” I yelled as I limped back to Kai's car, the taxi gone from sight.

 

Six days passed and I was leaving for Cub Foods, a local store. “Kai, I'm taking your car. You want anything,” I yelled from the door and I heard him rush down the stairs. “Oh, no you don't. Not again.” He was a little mad after I took it last Friday.  “Listen,  you just got a whole bunch of money from those stocks.” I got really close. “That, and I'm your boss.” He backed away and let me walk out the door.

 

It was 9:30 at night and I had just got the last of my stuff. I was in line to pay when I saw Jin and Minah walking out of the store. I ran after them, only to get stopped by security for not paying for my stuff.

 

The next day, I went to the hardware store to pick up some tools for my house back in 2015. I started browsing in the isle across from the wrenches in search for a gardening hoe. “What the hell is a wrench going to do!” I looked over to see an old man, behind her a young girl. Wait.

 

It was Minah. I hid behind the isle and followed them around the store. They left the store eventually and I followed them back to a little abandoned shop. So this is where she's been staying. I stayed in the area for a few hours until it was dark, looking for weaknesses in the structure. I was about to leave when I saw them partying, through a window.

 

“Pass the Ginger Ale,” the old man shouted as they all laughed, having a great time. I watched through the kitchen window as they partied, those wretched smiles stitched on their faces. I changed the position I was sitting in and winced when I felt my knee tense. My knee had not healed properly and it was all because of her.  That damn girl. Minah was always getting in the way, always in places she need not be. It doesn't matter, however. Regardless the time or place, revenge always tastes sweeter once the enemy is out of the way.

 

I left the little shop and drove back to Kai's place. “Give me 50,000,000 won,” I demanded as soon as I walked through the door.  “What? Why?” “Just do it.” I held his shirt, and he quickly pulled it out as if it were pocket money.  “Thanks,” I said rudely as I went to the bathroom and jumped.

 

“How is it?”

 

“Didn't I tell you to rest,” Jimin scolded as he finished spraying the healing solution. “Here, keep this. Knowing you, you’ll probably need it again, but I'm serious this time. If you don't rest, it won't heal.” He gave me a serious look and I scowled. “Fine.” I crossed my arms. He chuckled and looked away joyfully. “My daughter does that, too,” he said and his happy look faded.

 

“Didn't I tell you I was going to give you some money.” He looked at me and nodded. “It's alright take your time. My daughter has already waited 7 months, a few more won't hurt,” he mumbled the last part. “Well,  since you said that, I guess I'll use this money to buy some shoes then. His eyes widened at the sight of the big wad of cash and he froze. “You actually brought it,” he replied, almost too stunned to speak. “I mean, yeah,” I said silly and handed him the money.

 

He stared at the money in his hands, like it was the most surreal thing in the world and suddenly looked up. “Thank you,” he almost whispered. All of a sudden he was hugging my waist, his face in my lap as he thanked me. “Thank you, thank you, thank you!” I patted his head awkwardly. “I keep my promises, Jimin.” He looked up at me, as if realizing something. “I can get my daughter back now.” “Then go. I can let myself out.”

 

He stood up abruptly and blushed slightly. “Thank you, Mrs. YI.” He bowed and headed to the door. “It's Eun Ah,” I commented, but he was already out of the door. I swear you’d think I had a soft spot for the guy. When 12 rolled around, I decided to take Jimin's advice to rest, and headed home, back to my apartment in 2015.

 

I got to my home and slept till noon,  where I decided to run some errands. I had to get groceries and laundry detergent, so I took a shower and dressed cute. On my way to the store, however, I came up with a Plan B for my scheme. I rushed around the store, grabbing what I needed and payed. I left the store and headed to my destination, making sure to put on a little extra lipstick on the way. When I got there, I knocked a beat and waited for it to open. I heard the lock click and smiled to the person in the doorway.

 

“Hello, Jin.”

 

 

 

So, I'm back :P

Anyway, as promised, here is another chapter! I think this is the longest chapter I have wrote, so hopefully it makes up for missing 3 updates.......

 

I hope you all are healthy and well and leave me some comments guys! I want to know what you think of the story! 

 

I hope youi enjoyed it, as always, and have a great week! :D See ya weirdos (even tho that is mainly me :P)

 

See you on Thursday :)