Time Travel Exists?!

Back Through Time

I woke up in bed with a massively headache and a fever. ‘‘That was the worst ing dream in the world. That was in no way…..’’ I looked at my surroundings. I was in a little room. I was on a small twin bed in the corner of the room. There was a small lamp on a bedside table to my left. The floor was wood apart from the small, round carpet the bed was sitting on. There wasn’t much in the room besides the bed, lamp, table and a light, moss green poster in a frame. The picture had three bands on it, side by side. On the left side it had NKOTB with the year 1984 on it (New Kids On The Block for all you youngins who don’t know who they are, search them up!). In the middle was a band I heard of before called Maroon 5 with the year 2000 over it. The last band on the right was one I hadn’t heard of called Bandit with the year….2050. 2050!  ‘Where the hell am I?’ I thought to myself. Or should I say, when? The dream! . That wasn’t a dream was it. . ! Dammit, what the hell was that?! Wait. Was that a time machine? No, time machines don’t exist, right? Argg!

 

I made my way out of the room and tried to find a door that led outside. I finally found a hall that looked like it led out, but it only led to a little shop. I looked at the shop from behind the hallway door and found it was a corner store. I around looked for people, and when I didn’t see any, I booked it out of the shop door onto the street. It was cold and I could see my breath. When I was on the street, there were very few cars and the streets almost seemed abandoned. That didn’t stop me from bolting down the empty streets, although. I ran and ran until I couldn’t run anymore. I slowed down and bent over, trying to catch my breath. I turned to look behind me to find the shop far from sight. I got up and started walking with my hands over my head. I turned the corner of the street I was on and almost instantly I was greeted with the loud noises of people. It was like I had walked into a whole ‘nother world. The street I was on before was quiet and there were very few people, and now, I’m in the fricking city!

 

I probably looked scared, confused, and cold, and honestly, I was. I had no idea where, or when, I was for that matter. I was so lost in my thoughts, I almost plowed down a little girl and her sister. “Sorry,” I said tiredly. “Are you ok Miss,” the older of the two girls asked me. She looked to be eleven or twelve. To think her parents were letting her walk around by herself on such a busy street. I looked down at them. And with her sister! “Yeah, actually could you tell me where the nearest hotel is?” She gave me directions and I thanked her. I started walking off before the smaller of the two ran up to me and tugged my shirt. I turned around and looked at her, wondering if something was wrong. She held up a beautiful maroon scarf and when I put out my hands she set it in them. She smiled at me sympathetically, then ran off towards her sister. Great, now six year olds were feeling bad for me. Don’t get me wrong though. I was more than grateful and I prayed for an amazing and adventurous life for her and her amazing heart. I stared after them until they were out of view. When I could no longer see them I put the scarf around my neck and continued walking, now looking for the hotel.

 

I made my way to the hotel, following the directions given to me until I was standing in front of a large building with many rooms. Without looking at the name of the hotel, I skipped in to avoid the cold. “Hi, welcome to Gwacheon Hotel! How may I help you?” The lady at the desk smiled at me brightly. Wait, I used to live in Gwacheon before I moved to Seoul with Jin. Before I could go into much thought the lady spoke to me again. “Ma’am?” I snapped up at her, my mind cloudy. Oh, yeah. I’m at the hotel. “Yeah, sorry, how much is a room for a week?” I smiled back at her. “Well, a one person room is 43675 won a night, so for a week it would be 305736 won for a week.” Good thing I have my card. I pulled out my wallet, which surprisingly stayed with me, and handed her the card that I took out from it. She swiped the card then frowned. “Ma’am, it says this account does not exist.” She looked at me a little concerned, more worry showing on her face that I was a robber or something. “I'll pay for her.”

 

An elderly man smiled down at me, clearly a fake one. He paid the lady and took the key from her. He grabbed my arm and dragged me along. I hesitantly followed and until we were out of sight from people. I tugged my arm away,  pissed and hiding the worried thought of him being a . “Who the hell are you,” I yelled at him, but quite enough so others couldn't hear. He looked a me a little angered, but responded nonetheless.  “My name is Gyeong Gi Hoon and I time travel. If you want answers we have to talk in a less open area, so I suggest you follow me,” and with that he started walking toward the room. I couldn't register what he had said and continued to just stand there. “You coming,” he yelled back at me crankily.  I snapped out of my trance-like state and ran after him.

 

We were a few doors away from the room, when I yelled at him. “Ya, old man! Slow down.” He reached the door, room 153, and opened it. He walked straight in, not bothering to make sure the door didn't close on me. I ran and caught it right before it locked,  now more bothered than ever. “Hey, old man….” “Sit down.” I was taken aback,  but didn't dare play around with the tone he had in his voice. I sat down on the bed in the room, hands crossed in my lap. “One, you will refer to me as Gyeong or sir, or you will get slapped. Two, why did you leave the house. Typical, I help you, clean up that busted head of yours and you run. Only making my job harder.” He sighed and put a hand to his head. “That was you,” I asked hesitantly, now feeling a little relieved knowing I hadn't been kidnapped. “Yeah, now shut up and let me explain.”

 

“The year 2020, the first time machine is made, or will be. Not very many people will know about it, except for a select few.” “You’re one of them right,” I interrupted him, enjoying the adventure of the story. He threw me a look that made me shut up. He waited a minute before speaking again. “The public doesn't know about it for many years and the people who do are sworn to secrecy, naturally. It is only used for science and it is always monitored. Many are built, but they were never issued to the public. It was such a concealed, private thing, no one would've found out until the year 2110, but, someone did. Someone found a way in and used one to jump into the future where they have handheld time machines. We never found the person, because they somehow changed the past so we forgot that they came. Everyone forgot, except me. I don't know why I could remember and no one else could, but I felt as if I was going crazy trying to convince everyone of what had happened. They must've thought I was crazy, as well, cause they threw me out. They tried to use a mind erasing machine on me, but I made the quick decision to jump into the past, where they wouldn't be able to follow me as easily. What I didn't know was that I would only have one chance to get here and not back, and I’ve been stuck here for many years, trying to get the machine to work one last time.” He sighed, blinking back a few tears as he put his hand to his head again.


I stared at him sympathetically until realization hit me. “Does that mean I’m stuck here too?” I swallowed back the urge to cry. “How did you get here, actually?” He stared at me as if I were a criminal, the second time today. “I..I-I, uh,” I swallowed, trying hard to remember. I closed my eyes and concentrated. “I followed someone here. They had this orb with small glowing balls of light and they threw one at a mirror and walked through it, mumbling a few words before….” I froze. Jin. “What year are we in?” “2000.” 2000. Why would they come back to this year. What year did I move here? . I got up and fished out the piece paper, I had picked up in the bathroom, out of my pocket. It had an address on it. It looked really familiar.  Where had I seen this! Then it hit me. This was Jin’s address from when we were little. “They’re going to get Jin, they are going to kidnap him,” I yelled at the man in front of me and I rushed to get my shoes on. “I rented this place for two days. You'll need help eventually, so when you do, come back to the shop,” he yelled after me as I sprinted down the halls of the hotel and out the lobby door. I was going to save my Jin, no matter the cost, and in any way I could.

 

Hello readers :P

 I know this chapter is a little weird and confusing, but it will make sense once you time travel..... haha, anyway. Things are about to get real! I can't wait to post the next chapter and I hope you guys are enjoying it so far. See ya next Thursday, Dorks out! 

P.S. My pictures , so it'd be cool to have some suggestions!