One: Life as we know it.

Back Through Time

“Bye Ms. Cho! I’ll see you Monday.”

“Bye Mina,” she laughed to herself, my loud personality striking once again!

One week left. One friggin week. College is such a pain in the , but it will be totally worth it when I graduate. Oh yeah. Hi! My name is Lee Minaah, but I go, simply, by Mina. I’m 21 years old and I’m just freaking out over the fact that I’ll be finishing graduates school. I am studying to be nurse and I already have a job as an assistant in the doctor’s office down the street. It is amazing to be able to see how all these wonderful people who call themselves doctors (more like superheroes if you ask me) work with their powers, I mean doctors tools, and see them help the hurt. I can’t wait to start the rest of my life.

 

I reached the bottom step of my college and stood on the sidewalk. I looked around and saw the shiny blue mustang I loved so much. I smiled knowing he was here. He always would pick me up after I was done with school, without fail. I felt a pair of arms slide around my waist from behind me. “Hey gorgeous.” I smiled as I turned my head, so I could admire his beautiful, shining face. “Hello Mr. Kim,” I beamed at him. Oh Gawd why is he so handsome. Jin and I have been dating for four years and it was only a few months ago that he had proposed to me. Of course I said yes.

 

We walked hand and hand up the steps of the white panelled house that we lived in together. Jin opened the door and held it for me, bowing like a chauffeur as I walked through. “Thank you, Mr. Kim,” I played along with him, acting as if I was royalty. “Anything for you my queen.” He smiled a gorgeous smile at me and I swear I could feel my heart attempting to escape from my chest. He shut the door as I took off my shoes and as soon as they were off he turned me around and pinned me to the wall with a passionate kiss.

 

I kissed him back eagerly, letting the stress of my day leave with every movement of his lips. After a good five minutes of making out, he finally pulled away, sensing my tiredness. “How about I start with making you a nice, delicious dinner, then we take a hot bath.” He said with a empathic look. The idea sounded really appealing coming off his now swollen, red lips. I was filled with so much love for my husband-to-be and I was really tired, so the combination just led me into giving him a really eager nod. We ended up eating orange chicken with soybeans and, just like he said, taking a nice, warm bath together. What? It's not something I haven’t seen before. ;)

 

I woke up Saturday morning feeling refreshed and ready for the day. I sat up and looked over to my left, only to find the bed empty. I sighed and got up. I got dressed and headed down stairs, the smell of pancakes immediately hitting me when I reached the bottom step. I rushed to the kitchen to see Jin, in his cute pink apron pilling the last few pancakes from the pan onto a plate where there were a lot more. I walked behind him, putting my arms round his waist and settling my head between his shoulder blades. “Smells amazing,” I said into his back, but he somehow understood me. “Thanks, I know I do. You have a good taste in men.” I couldn’t help but snort at his comment. “The pancakes, Jin.” He laughed along with me and turned around, giving me a peck on the lips.“Let’s eat.”

 

My weekend with Jin consisted of lots of shopping and eating out. We got a lot of couple outfits and walked through many nature walks in parks nearby. It was nice and especially romantic when Jin took me stargazing Sunday night and we had a late/midnight picnic. We spent an hour talking about the future and what was to come. We went home at 1, because of the classes I had in a few hours.When my alarm went off at 7:30 Monday morning, I was tired, but as usual, I was ready for the day. I snuggled up to Jin, as he put his arm tighter around my waist, almost as if he were begging me not to go. After five minutes of just laying there cuddling, I finally started to move telling him I really had to go. He whined, his eyes still closed, but he loosened his grip around me, allowing me to leave his warm embrace.

 

I was ready by 8:15, wearing a plain grey shirt with a white jean jacket and jeans, attempting to rush out the door without having eaten any breakfast. Jin was up and had made me a piece of toast with jelly on it and put it in my mouth before I could go. I smiled at him, toast in my mouth, and he placed a kiss on my forehead. I blushed and rushed to my car, praying I wouldn’t be late, considered it was the last week. I got to my college and into the class, right on time, at 8:30. I sat down, flustered from all the running around I had done and I took out my notes, pencil in hand. The teacher started talking and not even five minutes in he was interrupted when SHE waked in. Yi Eun Ah.

 

Eun Ah. Where do I even begin with her. We used to be best friends back in high school before she decided to up and drop me out of her life. We would tell each other everything and we shared every little secret with one another. The bond was real and I considered her my sister in every way. Then I started dating Jin, and she slowly grew more distant. Eventually, she stopped talking to me and I was so lost. I often called Jin, crying because of something she would say or that she wouldn’t talk to me. I didn’t know what I had done wrong, but when I finally got over it, that is when she decided to try and start bullying me. Being the person I am, I didn’t let that happen, but she still continues to say nasty things at every given opportunity. Now we have a mutual hate for one another and I couldn’t care less about her.

 

She came in wearing a small, skimpy, black skirt and a pink halter top, with a black leather jacket over. Her heels weren’t any better and I swear they were like 10 feet in the air. She threw me a disgusted face as she walked to her seat, books in hand, and her small purse hitting me as she walked past. It took everything in me not to smack her right there and then. I looked back at her, staring at her angrily and she only smirked. I looked forward as the teacher continued to talk about this final test and then we began.

 

I ended early and left school that day overwhelmed, but happy to have gotten so far. I still had a couple hours before Jin would get me and decided to go to the cafe down the street from the college. Once in there, I ordered a chocolate muffin and some hot chocolate and I sat down, pulling out my notes for tomorrow's tests. I looked at the scribbles of notes in my notebook, occasionally sipping my hot chocolate, until I heard the annoying clicking of heels that I knew all too well. “Mina Ah!” Eun Ah walked up to me, hangin onto a man’s arm. I had never seen him before, but he looked licentious and he looked like he was ready for what would come after the playdate. He grinned seductively at me, like he knew I knew what he was going to do with her after. I grimaced at him, disgusted by the thought.

 

“Mina, meet Kai. He’s in famous group and is basically the best. You could call him the group!” Eun Ah clutched onto his arm tighter as she bragged, staring up at his face, acting as if she were in love. “Pleasure.” He reached his hand out at me, and I shook it hesitantly, to keep from being rude, “I wish I could say the same.” Eun Ah looked at me with a look of pure arrogance as I shook Kai’s hand. I only looked at her, unamused and decided to try and move this along. “What are you doing, Eun Ah,” I got straight to the point. “I’m here on a date of course, but I thought I’d just say hi to you since you’re in here too. You seem awfully lonely. Did you and Jin fight. Or, did you, perhaps,.. break up,” she said acting as if she were shocked and concerned. You could clearly hear the haughtiness behind her tone and the large amounts of sarcasm.

 

“No, Jin is at work, making hard earned money like the amazing boyfriend he is. We are far from breaking up. Actually, we are engaged.” I held up the ring on my finger close enough for her to see. Her smirk dropped  from her face and it was replaced with anger and pure hatred soon after. She scoffed, clearly pissed that I wasn’t alone and suffering. “Well, congrats.” She said, attempting to hide how aggravated she was. “I hope you get the life you deserve,” and with that she walked away, her irritation clear in the stomp of her heels. I laughed to myself and continued working, losing track of time. It wasn't until I realized I had five minutes left until Jin would get me that I packed up my stuff and left the money I owed on the table. I walked back to the steps of my college to see Jin sitting there patiently. I went around and behind him, covering his eyes with my hands. “You know I love you right,” I asked Jin, hugging him around his neck and shoulders as I removed my hands from his eyes. “I know, and you know I’ll love you forever and always.” He hugged my arms. “Forever?” I asked again. “Forever.”

 

 

 

 

Hello Readers! Fair warning before you move on, I AM INCREDIBLY DORKY AND WEIRD. Ok, know that we have gotten that out of the way :P For any of you who have read and subscribed so far, thank you SOOOOOO MUCH! I know this first chapter is a little boring, but I had to introduce the characters, and I put a little something something there at the beginning (even though I can't write ty stuff for $#!T). I apologize in advance for my y writing and grammar/writing mistakes, but I promise to try and grow as a writer and give you really good chapppppterrrsss! If you continue to read, know that it will get good pretty soon here. Thank you for reading this far (even though it is only the first chapter :) Anyways, thanks for reading my rant and I will post in a week on Thursday! ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Kris

P.S. No copyright and any similarities between stories is completely coincidental, apologies in advance.

*Mumbles* 'And a poster would be awesome cause I'm dumb and don't know how to do that.'

:P