CHAPTER 6 – Peppermint chocolate

Marriage? I Don't Think So
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today I have to meet the chief of the village to get the resident data. I worked alone cause I still feel really awkward around Solar unnie these days. I feel so stupid and can’t stop regretting my own words, but I can’t help it to change my words. It’s so difficult for me too. I believe if she was not in a relationship, I would say a different answer. If only we were both not girls. Why does this have to be so difficult?

Suddenly, I heard my phone’s ringing and it’s written from Jung Wheein. What’s wrong with her. “Unnie, Byulyi unnie, please come here. Solar unnie is sick.” Wheein called me, sounds so worried.

I stood up right away. “WHAT? Where is she now? I’ll be there right away.” I was so shocked. I walked to my motorbike unconciously while waiting for the answer from Wheein. I wonder what happen to Solar unnie. My head is full of “how if..” things... aaah I have to get rid those bad minds..

“We are at the health center.” I closed the phone without saying anything, leave the village then hurriedly went to the health center.

Wheein were standing in front of health center waiting for me, she looked so desperate. “Where is Yongsun unnie?” I held her body tightly. I was really worried.

Wheein looked at me with a sad face. “She’s at VIP ward,” Wheein answered afraidly. I left her then hurriedly went to Solar’s room.

When I arrived at her room, I saw a girl were laying on the bed. Looked so pale and weak with an infussion set hanging beside her, I was really frightened by that. It can’t be our Solar unnie. It’s impossible. “Hey, Kim Yongsun... What’s wrong with you?” I asked her softly while wiping her sweat on her forehead. She looked so pale and in pain. Why I never realized if Solar were holding her ill since before? It’s my fault, If only I could be more aware of her health, if only we were not in bad term, this won’t happen. I just can’t stop blaming myself.

“It hurts,” Solar said weakly while touching her right side of her stomach.

I was really afraid something bad happen to her. “Is it that bad? Mmm.. Who had examined you? Did Wheein already examine you?” She just nodded while touching her stomach.

I left her and looking for Wheein who were sitting on the couch waiting for Hwasa. I asked her, then she automatically explained everything. “Unnie, I think she had an appendicitis. Her alverado score is 9, I have checked a simple blood test but there is no USG or surgeon in here, she needs to be referred to the closest hospital. I already gave her painkiller and antibiotic injection but still we need another examination to make sure.” Wheein said worriedly. I felt really bad somehow and started to blame myself again. It can’t be like this. I sat limply on the couch, I felt blank somehow. It’s okay Byulie, she will be fine.. she will be fine.. I keep reassuring myself.

“So how about the ambulance, are they ready? How about the closest hospital? Did you already make a confirmation about the referral?” I asked her to make sure while reading her medical record.

“Not yet, since Solar unnie said Eric oppa will come here to pick her up,” Wheein answered.

“Wait.. what do you mean?” I confuse of what she said.

“So she asked me to call Eric oppa to inform how’s her condition right now. So then I explained everything to him as she told me, Eric said that he will pick her and make sure about the hospital she will be referred.”

“Well, if they wanted to be like that...” I left Wheein and back to her room again.

I felt terrible watched her in such bad condition. “Unnie, do you need help? How do you feel?” I held her hand while asking her question and once wiping her sweat. She looked tired and in pain. Since appendicitis is an acute abdominal disease and need to be surgeried right away, I felt so worried about her, I just hope it’s not perforated, please not. She just looked at me without saying anything, then smiled weakly to me.

“It’s okay, Eric oppa will come here. He will pick you up and you’ll be transfered to the hospital. You’ll be okay.” I tried to make her sure, that she’ll be fine. But the truth is I tried to reassure myself if she’ll be fine. I was so afraid that even can’t hold back my own tears.

...

After 2 hours, Eric came with an ambulance from the university hospital. I’ve already made the necessary report that needed to be given to the hospital, so that she can be transferred easily.

“Please take care our Yongsun unnie, Eric-ssi. I beg you” I held his hand, I believe he knew that I was so worried. Not only me, but everyone worried about her condition.

“Of course. Please believe me.” He answered with his smile, he tried to make us calm. Then he left with the health worker to the university hospital.

----------------------------------------

Since our leader was left being hopitalized, it was me who took her position. So I decided how if we took a day off to visit our leader. She sent me a message that she’s already fine now and ready to move to her home for another rest, so I wish before she went to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter