Chapter 9

Kicks, Punches and .. Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This day has been the most emotionally tiring day in my entire life and yet it still hasn’t ended. After the cafeteria controversy, Sana and I managed to proceed through the day without another major scandal. The day went on smoothly with different classes and teachers … except for the unbearably uncomfortable attention given by the entire student body.

It wasn’t surprising that the news of my ‘violent’ encounter with Saera spread like wildfire which obviously resulted in people constantly whispering and pointing at Sana and I, we became the hottest topic of the school, and not in a good way either. I knew that this wasn’t part of my plan of being a normal, happy student. But if it’s for someone I care about, then screw what I want. After all, I’ve been in this situation for half my life already, what more could it hurt?

Although Sana and I were now the center of attention, it was weird how it didn’t affect our day, we were in our own little world as we joked and talked like nothing had ever happened. It was nice seeing Sana freely expressing herself without the restraints from the school’s snobby treatment.

 

Finally after the last class of the day, Sana and I sadly parted ways since she had to attend to her tennis club and I needed to join a sports club. That’s how I found myself standing in front of the taekwondo club hall debating whether I should open the doors or not.

Taekwondo was going to be my main focus, that’s what I told myself in the beginning, but that suddenly changed due to a few ‘circumstances’. I bit the inside of my mouth as I placed my hand on the door handle with raw determination that had only lasted for 5 seconds as I immediately retreated when an image of his face popped in my head.

Not only do I have to see his face in my classes but after school as well. I know he shouldn’t be a reason stopping me from doing what I love, but every time I met his eyes, It felt like something was crawling and scratching out from the pit of my stomach making my fists curl at the first sight of him. Was it anger? Annoyance? Or maybe interest? Whatever it was, it wasn’t a good feeling and that made him on the top of my list of people to avoid.

“Oh! New Girl!” A cheery voice broke my trance and I quickly turned my head to the owner of the voice. It was Sana’s manly man Jimin. He had jet black hair which was spiked in a stylish way, an idealistic eye smile and though he was quite short for a guy, his well define muscles which were outlined by the tight polo made up for that department. I could see why Sana fawned over him, he was good looking.

My jaw automatically clenched in irritation when I made contact with the straight figure behind him, it was sort of eerie how the sunlight fell partly on his face giving him his ‘dark’ concept. I never really noticed how perfectly each of his features were carved out, from his straight nose and cheekbones to those desolate eyes with different shades of brown dancing around.

As much as I hate to admit it, Kim Taehyung is handsome. But I’d rather shoot myself than state that out loud, to me, he’s just a mannequin. Hollow and empty with perfect features. , what am thinking? Before I knew it the two coolly strode towards my way and stopped in front of me.

“I’m Jimin and this is V. He doesn’t talk that much.” He nodded his head towards V who didn’t bother saying hi, instead he just stared at me with a blank expression but I could tell there was a hint of annoyance. It was the same look he gave me back at the charity ball where we had our ‘second encounter’. Doesn’t talk that much? He obviously had a lot of things to say to me at the ball, I grumbled mentally.

I curtly bowed to him without saying anything. I took a closer look at the shorter boy and recognized his broad body stature from the ball, he was one of the boys from V’s group of friends, so they were BTS. He didn’t seem to recognize me, well who could blame him, I have contacts on and I had a mask back then. Although this made me realize that V knew what I looked like, then he must’ve known that my white eyes has now been replaced by basic brown, I wanted to crawl in a hole at that moment.

My body temperature began rising as I racked through my brain for excuses, and concluded that since we only met twice I could just say that they were contacts right? Because everyone normally wears white contacts out in public, I told myself sarcastically.

“So coach really did recommend you...” Jimin continued, I nodded absentmindedly still worried about the V problem.

Jimin walked past me and opened the door widely to the hall out of the blue and flashed me a welcoming smile.

“Aren’t you coming in?” He asked as he held it opened for me, I was slightly taken aback at his friendly demeanor considering the rumors of them being total taekwondo dictators.

No screw this, come back next time. I heard a voice in the back of my head ordered.

“Um I’m just going to give it a bit more thought.” I quickly muttered as I swiftly turned my heels in an attempt to escape until I was met with a hard impact from someone’s chest. I looked up to meet his familiar empty dark brown orbs, V stood in his spot unmoving trapping me between his body and the door, I gave him a weird look. I was so distracted with numerous plans to escape this unexpected situation that I didn’t even notice myself hitching a breath from the proximity of our positions.

“Could you please move?” I snapped, damn why did I say please.

He didn’t give any response so I slightly rolled my eyes and turned to the other direction but was stopped when his arm shot out in front of me.

“Just get in already.” He grumbled angrily while shooting me a death glare.

I softly let out a scoff of disbelief, Jimin suddenly grabbed my arm and gently pulled me in the hall despite my protests and escaping was useless as V trailed behind us.

“Ey just come in I want to see the coach’s ‘chosen one’ in action.” Jimin declared excitingly.

Umm what? Chosen one?

Before I could even question his choice of words my eyes glazed over the hall whose size was equivalent to a ballroom. It was nothing I had ever seen in my life. The Vice Principal wasn’t joking when she said the school spared no expenses on the sport equipment’s as massive octagon mats used for legitimate competitions spread across the hall. I could see students already dueling each other, some had individual coaching and some were warming up by running laps, although just as Sana said, there were limited students. There were slightly more girls and the gu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter