Chapter 10

Kicks, Punches and .. Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His POV

“Why isn’t she attacking?” Jungkook whispered.

Why wasn’t she attacking? Everything felt off. Her stance, blocks and dodges were textbook perfect, even her speed, precision and strength were increasing over time. She wasn’t tired, not a single bead of sweat or even a tired pant. But the way her body moved in an inhuman way made it almost addictive to watch. But something wasn’t right … that was until I caught a glimpse of her eyes. They weren’t looking in the directions of Seul Mi’s attacks but her footing instead and a sense of familiarity hit me like it was Deja vu.

So that’s what you’re up to Dae Hana, I mentally scoffed. 

Seul Mi was preparing for a third cut kick but I knew that it was going to be over-extended. Was this the moment she was waiting for?

I was proven right when Seul Mi’s over-extended cut kick slightly rested on her hips.

Now.

And that’s when the beast was awakened. It happened in a flash as Hana went for a spinning hook kick, only a few could perfectly master it and to say that she pulled it off flawlessly was an understatement. No one could have seen it coming, it was so sudden and lightning fast that she looked like a blur and her strength was so immense that you didn’t think a person with a small frame such as her would have. She ended it with one move, interesting.

 

Her POV

What was he thinking? He didn’t give me a slightest hint as to why he was doing this with that blank expression, the whole hall was roaring with quizzical murmurs and hushed whispers. Don’t tell me… to teach me a lesson or to put me back into place? I continued to stare at him as he adjusted his helmet and stood in front of me. We didn’t exchange any words but sent out our deadliest glares, the temperature could’ve dropped with our tension, it was the continuation of the same mental warfare that took place at the ball. The atmosphere was completely different than the spar with Seul Mi, you could say that we both looked like we were out for blood.

Everyone’s expecting eyes were plastered on us as if this was the greatest match in the century, his eyes seemed to have changed as his once empty orbs were now displaying a dangerous glint.

“The same rules applies! Ready?”

I returned to my rear foot stance as did he, weird, not many people uses this stance. The whistle goes off and I brushed off the previous thought.

We circled each other, testing our wills but something struck me, throwing me off balance. His footing was mirroring my own, it had no thought of their own. It almost felt like I was up against myself, my own reflection. No … did he already work out my strategy?

 

No Ones POV

“I’m going to go for a jump back kick.”

“Wh-“

Before Hana cold even breathe the word out, V’s leg made toward her chest in a frightening speed that she barely dodged by moving her body to the right side of his body but before she could even go for a cut kick to create distance between them V suddenly switched legs in less than a second and launched a side kick. Hana quickly used her arms to block it, but his strength was so overwhelming that she slightly slid backwards from the force.

The crowd was dead silent after witnessing the infamous strength of Kim Taehyung, the stories of his indestructible power and speed was never-ending. It was already a cultural shock that a girl has lasted longer than 3 seconds on the mat with BTS’s dark horse.

What is this? Hana asked in her mind. Everything about him was so erratic, his moves were completely unpredictable. Even after a few blows she still didn’t understand his train of thought, she couldn’t predict what was going to be his next move. If she thought he was going to go for a cover punch, he would do a back fist strike instead. Or if he was supposed to launch an axe kick after a combo he would drive in with a cover punch.

This guy … isn’t human. This isn’t going to work. Hana finally ditched her strategy and went for the cliché ‘the best defense is a good offense.’

The spar went on and on as devastating blows were exchanged one after another, the thunderous sounds of their kicks and punches were enough to make everyone else jump in fear. From afar they looked like nothing but blurs, but from up close, they were monsters going for each other’s throats. It looked unnatural, the way their bodies moved in such solidarity made BTS raise thei

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter