Chapter 4

Kicks, Punches and .. Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The workers opened the grand doors for us and as we entered I was immediately captivated with the ballrooms interior design, I could barely see the other side of the room. It was like I was in a castle with the exquisite detailing engraved and painted onto the walls and the ceiling, and the enormous crystal chandelier that hung in the middle. It felt like I just stepped into fairy tale book as the live classical band played along to people’s chatter.

"Hana I have to go, I have to meet with the Kang’s and don't forget to smile." Ahjussi lowly whispered in my ear while bringing up the ends of his mouth up with his fingers.

I quickly put on a fake smile and ahjussi returned it with a thumbs up then parted ways to our business partners. Immediately after he left, my smile was completely wiped off and replaced with my normal poker face, I made my way to the drinks and grabbed a glass of champagne.

I decided to walk around and respectfully bowed and introduced myself to the other CEOs as the daughter of the Dae's corporation, a fearful title, this was my many jobs ahjussi’s ‘daughter’. The ones who had never met me before had all the same reaction, they were taken aback with the colour of my eyes some, were even brazen enough to ask if I was wearing contacts. This didn't offend me, after hearing this for the last years of my life I grew accustomed to this, instead, I just simply replied no with an expressionless face.

"Hana? Is that you?" Mrs Song approached me and gave me a light hug. "It is you! We haven’t met in a while, you’ve gone much prettier these past months."

Mrs Song owned one the biggest prestigious school in Seoul and she was also famous for her charity foundations and volunteer work. It was about 3 years ago I had saw the news about the accomplishments of her foundations and after everything I had gone through, it felt right to help. I began making large donations and even went to do volunteer work, that’s where I met Mrs Song, we soon became extremely close. She felt like a mother, the mother feeling that I never got to experience.

"Thank you Mrs Song, congratulations on your recent charity event, I’m glad that it was such a success." I replied.

"Eyy just call me imo (auntie) and I should be thanking you for your latest donation to the new rehabilitation centre. There should be more people with a heart as big as yours, it's so hard to find a generous and sincere person in this world." Mrs Song shook her head at the depressing thought.

I let out little chuckle. "Ani, I'm just in the sidelines we need moe people like you who are fighting head on in the front lines, honestly, it was only after I saw your work that I decided to make the donations."

"Aigoo you're much too sweet, ah! I'm sorry sweetie but I must meet w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter