Chapter 5

Kicks, Punches and .. Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His POV 

"Hey V! Nice mask, didn't think you would even show up." Captain-nim aka Rapmon aka Nam Joon, one of my closest childhood friends slung his arm around me as we entered the venue. 
"Didn't think I would either, but what the boss asks, the boss gets." I mumbled absentmindedly as we both grabbed a glass of champagne. I caught a few whispers and sent the giggling girls my  'cold city boy' glare or that's what they call it, but really, it's just my annoyed as face, then they began to silently fan-girl amongst themselves.
"Ahh that's right, the precious filial son!! Your precious loyalty to your family makes my heart ache." He dramatically held his heart and scrunched his face in pain.  
When he continued with his drama scene I swiftly dodged his reaching hand and walked across the ballroom with long strides heading to the others. I stifled my laughter when I heard him yelling out my name while jogging up to me. I headed towards the boys with Rapmon and like usual they were swarmed with girls trying to do everything to get our attention, even these stupid masks didn't help.

"Move." I growled intimidatingly, the girls looked back with widened eyes and gasped as stars began to circle in their eyes, they immediately created a path for us. 
"Oh! Hyungs you're finally here!" Jungkook piped up and we all greeted each other even though we just saw each other a few hours ago. After we met up with each other we stood in the same spot, complaining about the semi finals we watched before and talking about the usual.
"Did you seriously get that mask yourself V? I guess you have finally learnt the art of fashion, I'm so proud." J-hope covered his eyes pretending to cry. 
"Oh this? Long story." My blood stared boiling just thinking about it, "This annoying girl stole the one I wanted a-" I stopped midway as Mi Young, the self proclaimed president of our 'fan club', and her obedient followers shoved their way to greet us.

"Oppa!! I knew it was you behind that mask, you look handsome as always." She said in a cringeworthy voice while batting her lashes and latched onto my arm ignoring a little something I like to call 'personal space'. I could see from the corner of my eyes, Jimin and J-Hope impersonating us behind our backs as Jimin latched onto J-Hopes arm like Mi Young and I tried my hardest not to explode.
I roughly nudged her arm off, glaring at her and if looks could kill she'd be dead long before she stepped foot in this room. She pouted but soon cheered up after laying eyes on Jungkook and stood extremely close to him, making him extremely uncomfortable. 

"Uh Mi Young, do you mind? If you're finished you can leave." Jin hyung tried to 'nicely' usher her to leave.
Obviously she didn't catch that and held onto Jungkook's arm like she did with me, "Aw but I just got here." She said in an whiny voice, it started to bug me and the look of irritation was evident on everyone's face.
"Get lost." The words seethed through my teeth, she was shortly taken aback but then eventually let go of Jungkook's arm who secretly rolled his eyes while letting out a breath, she didn't forget to send us a flirtatious wink. "Alright then boys, I'll see you all at school." She purred. 

None of us paid attention to her good byes and shrugged it off while resuming our conversation like she wasn't even there, she finally retreated into her own posse. How can someone be so shameless and forcefully push herself onto ourselves even after countless of rejections.

"Ah that's right, class is starting tomorrow and we still need to find a female team member asap or else we can't compete in the Nationals this year." Team captain Nam Joon said in a serious tone.
"Aish! But all the girls in our class are either not prepared or they're just fangirls doing whatever to get to us." Suga hyung ruffled his own hair in frustration, and I don't blame him because there isn't even one potential candidate for the Nationals, not after 'she' left. 
"What If we don't get to compete this year.." Jin said quietly behind his mask.
"No! We will! We have to .. hyung please isn't there anything we can do?" I quickly snapped and looked to our captain desperately. 

As he was about to open his mouth, I heard my father beckoning me. 
"We'll think about it later, for now, you should go to your dad and we need to loosen up and have fun." Hyung  said before he took off to the dance floor, and rest of the guys followed.
"Don't worry about it, we can still win the Nationals without her." Jimin reassured me as he put his hand on my shoulder before joining the others on the dance floor. 
I made my way to father, still having the Nationals in my mind, we've never missed out a year and we won't stop till we full fill our promise. Also, I need to face her again, no, I have to face her again .. even if it's on the mat.
I snapped back to reality after hearing father's voice and realised that there was a middle aged man and presumably his daughter standing next to my parents.
My eyes travelled along the girl who embraced her dress's elegance unlike Mi Young's red hot mini dress, her slim body seemed oddly familiar until I was met with he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter