Chapter 1

Kicks, Punches and .. Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No... not this place again.

White walls, white furniture and white robes.

A lot of white robes doing their own thing, writing down status reports, playing around with their chemistry set…observing me like an animal. I look down at my arms dicovering strange pads with wires crawling up to my shoulders, it wasn't painful but it was uncomfortable.

The door slides open and the man responsible for the years of pain and suffering comes into light. I'll never forget him and his disgusting, sadistic grin.

He walks closer and closer, each step the fear that lives in me grows bigger and bigger.

I desperately try to escape, rattling these metal chains, screaming until raspy gasps remained. But they just stood there and stared.

Why won’t they help. "Shhhh Hana how many times do we have to go through this?" His dirty hand slides down my cheeks sending the worst feelings throughout my body, he holds up a big needle, aiming it towards me. 

"NO PLEASE. I BEG OF YOU" I screamed and screamed and then...

My eyes flashed open, gulping for air as my chest heaved up and down, I felt my sweat dripping down my body and fresh hot tears sliding down my cheeks into my already tear stained pillow. My hand immediately went towards the back of my neck caressing the scar thinking it had disappeared, I let out a staggered sigh finally calming my erratic breathing but I couldn't stop the distant cries and screams of torture at the back of my head as I painfully clutched my head. With shaky hands I hastily grabbed the bottle of pills on my side table and ripped open the cap desperate for that pain reliever. I swallowed the pill and chugged half the water battle from last night, and soon the pain subsided.

haven't had that dream in a while I thought to myself.

I tiredly dragged my exhausted body out of my bed and made my way into the bathroom changing into my gym clothes, prepared for my morning routine. I head downstairs with light steps greeting all our bodyguards and workers, ahjussi being the 'big boss' of one of Seoul’s biggest corporation felt the need for bodyguards was necessary and a good 'company' for his lonely adoptive daughter. But despite that, nothing could ever fill that void that has been engraved in my heart. 

I entered our personal gym that was filled with weights, machines and specialised equipment’s. He installed this gym after 'that' incident making it more convenient for me, although, I found myself enjoying physical activities. Especially taekwondo, it made me forget how weak I was. Made me realise how strong I could be after I made a vow that i'll never expose my weak side again, by doing so I built an indestructible wall around my heart and fell into the dark pits of anti-socialism.

I began with light stretches, then ropes, then the treadmill, then I moved on to the cardio work. The usual workout, this whole sports based lifestyle was essential after what happened, and I didn’t really have a choice if I wanted to live a long life. The strain that was placed on me when I was young took a toll on me. Doctors everywhere all had the same conclusion and neglected the 4-year-old girl who was on the doorsteps of hell. So they simply informed everyone that my life expectancy was low and that I wasn't going to make it.

I don't know how I survived, but all I remember was that I wasn't ready to leave this world. I had things to do an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter