Chapter 6

Kicks, Punches and .. Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Morning arrived and as per usual I was in the gym for the last time until the holiday season arrives. 
Mr Lee came in to report to me, "Agassi, your suitcases are ready and you are expected to arrive there at 8am, from there you will be under the care the vice principal who will personally explain the school system." I slightly raised my brow curious to why the vice principal would go through so much trouble for a new student. "And also .. the thing you ordered has arrived." Mr Lee said with a parcel in his hands. 

I swiftly hopped off the treadmill grabbed my pill and took a big gulp of water before walking to Mr Lee, he handed me the big package, which I ripped open the wrappings in less than a second and revealed several boxes of coloured contacts. Mr Lee peered over to see what it was, "Coloured contacts? Why all of a sudden, you were never afraid to .." He trailed off after he realised what he was about to say. I couldn't bring myself to smile at his consideration, how could I when I'm about to shamelessly hide from who I am. This went against every fibre of my body, it felt wrong to do this, to break my principle. But my brain said different, I want to be a normal student with a normal life and this is the only way to achieve that. 
 "I don't know if I'm going to be able to handle the bullying if I'm going to be there 24/7.. and don't tell Ahjussi or he's going to give me another long lecture." I made a face remembering the time he lectured me about being confident in who you are. Mr Lee laughed and nodded along with a finger against his lips. 

I made my way to my room to shower and get ready, most of my belongings were either packed in boxes or in a suitcase so the room felt a bit bare with only my bed, tv and desk. I went ahead and entered the shower and took this chance to think about what I'm doing, I stared at myself in the mirror and my hand found its way to the scar again. The same scar that ran its way along my spine. Run..run Hana RUN NOW. I closed my eyes trying to shut off the incoming memory flashes and screaming echoes, the same screams that have followed me and the same questions that I have asked myself for half my life. Who was that and why do I have to run? I slapped my cheeks lightly to bring myself back to reality. 
"You should be excited, this is Big Hits academy were talking about." I whispered to myself as I glared through the mirror once again with determination. I exited the shower and put on my usual grey sweatpants, a tight black long sleeve and a matching grey beanie, I decided to put on a little concealer and mascara to cover the obvious signs of lack of sleep and finally the brown coloured contacts which were uncomfortable at first but when I looked at my reflection I saw a normal girl, a normal high school student. I took one more glance at my room before I closed the door. 

Mr Lee stood near the entrance with an energy drink in one hand and an excited smile, "Are you ready Agassi? Your father is unfortunately stuck in a meeting with stockholders. He says that he will visit as soon as possible and to have fun at school. Also, a present from your father." I creased my brows when a picture frame slid into my hand, it was a picture of myself at the age of 8 and Ahjussi. He had his arm around me with the the biggest smile ever and then there's me wearing a stoic face not even bothered to smile, and the white eyes, those ing white eyes. But this was a rare photo of me and Ahjussi when I was young, during a 'difficult' time so it did hold sentimental feelings. It was his way of telling me that I could push through anything, cringeworthy but sweet.

"Tell him not to worry and thank you, I should be the one visiting him, he was the one who got me a spot in this school. I'm going to miss you Mr Lee, what are you going to do now?" I asked sincerely. 
"Well now that I'm not your secretary, I will return to the company as a senior of some sort but don't worry about me and have fun at school Hana." He gave me a small hug before we parted.

The driver opened the car door and I turned back to see all our workers, cooks and bodyguards standing outside waving and cheering good luck, in return I gave them a 90 degree bow and an almost undetectable smile before closing the door. My eyes zeroed onto Mr Lee who held his fist up while mouthing 'fighting', I gave him a soft nod and a shy wave. My grip on the picture frame tightened and a staggering breath escaped my lips in an attempt to calm my nerves.

This is it, this is really happening.
 

"Miss? Miss?"

A large hand gently shook my shoulder stirring me from my sleep, "Miss we have arrived at Big Hits Academy, you need to proceed to the main office, your belongings will be taken to your dorm room."
I simply nodded at the driver and exited the car, I was immediately overwhelmed with the size of school building as my eyes widened a fraction.

Massive was an understatement and modern was painted all over it, I could even see multiple outdoor fields fit for each sport extending out to the horizon. There was a separate building to the right that was equally as big. It definitely screamed expensive and prestigious with its well kept garden and priceless cars all lined up, it made me think about how much this place must be worth. It also made me aware of how many spoilt and snobby students there must be. But for the sake of the provided freedom to enjoy sports, I have to keep my eye rolls in order.
I made my way to where I thought to be the main office after I returned to my normal self, there

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter