Chapter 11

Kicks, Punches and .. Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was rumored that V put a person in a coma during a competition.

A coma…? A legit coma. I sparred with a person with the ability to put a person in a coma. 

I could’ve been the next person sent to the hospital. 

Just the thought of his uncontrollable, monstrous state gave me the chills. The eyes that dared not to show human weakness but instead, pure madness. I didn’t think there was such a person like V. Cursed with a power so destructible yet uncontained that once it is tapped into, just like a Pandora box,

… all hell would be set loose. 

But on the other hand, some may call it a blessing. Like the forbidden story of how the angel contained the demon’s fury with her tender love, if V could somehow control that gift then he could use it to his advantage. All he needed was a pace maker, in terms of a marathon of course. 

, I’m overthinking this, this shouldn’t be concerning me.

 

Anyways, where the hell am I?

I was on a morning jog, alone, because Sana being the lazy she is swatted my face away after my invite for a morning run. Maybe because it was 5am, who knows. Despite that, I hadn’t felt so alive in a long time as I ran along the pavement around the school. 

The way my skin breathed in the sun’s rays fueled my energy and the spring breeze that threaded through each strand of my hair only made me realize how warm the weather had gotten. The path alone looked like it came directly from a photoshoot as the great oak trees flourished with bright green leaves craned over providing the perfect shade. 

I had left the dorms quite early in the morning where there were only hardcore dedicated students were seen on the scene, that including myself. At first I admired the intricate designs that the peeping rays made through the trees, but my mind took me back to yesterday’s events making me numb to my background. Now I’m God knows where without a map or even a phone. You had one job Hana I scolded myself. 

I slowed my pace and scanned my surroundings meticulously, I was definitely in a secluded part of the school as there was not a soul around. I tried retrace to my steps until I could recognize the previous environment, but in all honesty, all the trees looked like they were cloned. Bless that it was still early so I won’t be late to school I mentally rolled my eyes.  My pants gradually slowed as the sweat on my forehead dried completely and my steps returned to a slow pace. 

 

After aimlessly wondering around the deserted yard I could hear a faint hollering, it was a man’s voice. 

My hopes began to rise as I trudged off the tracks following the source of the hushed voices. I brought my hand towards my eyes to shade myself from the harsh rays and squinted taking a closer look at the two figures. My steps immediately faltered when I realized the identity of the two boys 50 meters away from me, damn I’d recognize that annoying orange hair anywhere. 

In less than a heartbeat I found myself hiding behind a nearby tree. If that’s V over there, then I guess the other short guy next to him must be Jimin. What sort of luck do I have to walk into this this kind of situation, but the bigger question I asked myself was why I am avoiding him. I relaxed my shoulders and began to slowly back off from the tree not wanting to involve myself in their business. But when I heard my name appear in their conversation I pulled myself to a halt almost like a reflex.

“Are you going to apologize to her?” 

No this is wrong, I have no business here, I forced my body to push off the tree. 

“For what?” V’s voice was unusually deep but there was still a hint of tiredness lingering.

He did not just say that. I immediately returned to my original position, my back plastered on the trunk.

“For almost killing her?” Jimin said in a ‘duh’ tone.

Silence was in the air but was soon followed with an exasperated sigh.

“V. What really happened out there?” 

Silence.

“Is it back?”

Silence.

“Was it her?”

Silence.

A frustrated groan escaped Jimin’s mouth, series of fabric ruffling and a pained grunt came after, like someone grabbing onto the other’s collar. 

“IS IT BACK?”

Jimin’s voice boomed, it was a relief that we were in a deserted area. For the short amount of time I have become acquainted with Jimin, I have never pegged him to be the type of person who would have random outbursts. I guess that was the Busan way?

“I DON’T KNOW. “

V had finally snapped as he roughly pushed Jimin’s hands away, well that was what I was assuming.

“I don’t know.” V repeated in a softer tone, his kind of ‘soft’ tone.

“I don’t how it came back, I don’t even why I volunteered to spar with her. I just did. I don’t think it’s back… It’s probably just a temporary thing. Adrenaline or something.” His sentence soon lead to a soft mutter. 

“Doesn’t seem like it.” Jimin returned his usual calm tone. 

“What are you trying to say?” 

“Seems like there was a trigger. Just like last time.” Bitterness rolled off of his tongue. 

“Jimin. Just leave it alone.” 

“Do you just expect me to forgive and forget?! After what she did to us?! After what she did to YOU?!” Jimin sounded as though he was on the verge of tears, tears of anger as he vented out his frustration. His voice becoming increasingly loud and the Busan dialect threatening to come out. 

“Jimin. I said leave it.” Conversely, V was still calm but tired, he didn’t even bother to fight with his words. 

 

They were starting to approach their private past and because I least knew that it was rude to pry into something personal, not like I wasn’t doing so already, I silently stalked away back to the track. 

‘She’ … was it the girl in the photo? 

What was her name … Go Areum?

Jimin’s reaction sparked my curiosity thinking about what sort of past or should I say what kind of relationship she had with both V and BTS.

When I reached the path again I realized that I still had no idea about my whereabouts, I looked at my watch which read 7:18 am. Okay, I still have some time to get ready. Barely. Should I just wait until Jimin and V finish their conversation before tagging along with them? But that awkward tension between V and I would be too much to handle for this early in the morning. 

Screw it, I began walking again letting my feet take me wherever. Okay feet, take the wheel.  

1 minute.

3 minutes. 

5 minutes passed but, nothing. I stumbled across nothing. 

“Hana?” 

 

A human voice! I quickly turned around to see yet another member of BTS, Jin. I fixed my excited facial expression into a usual poker face as he jogged towards me in his loose shorts and thin hoodie. 

“This is a surprise seeing you here, barely anyone knows this place even exists.” Jin said after catching his breath. 

He was being awfully nice but then again, I guess all of BTS were social butterflies, they knew everyone and everyone knew them. It’s just almost no one dares to approach them for their high status. With the exception of that dark horse V.

“I sort of got lost…” I confessed in an almost inaudible whisper and in return Jin threw a soft chuckle of amusement.

“That would make more sense, follow me, I usually take this path in the mornings.” 

We walked together in silence with awkwardness in the air. I didn’t bother starting a conversation but when I look

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter