Affogato

Coffee

 


Hakyeon observed Leo from behind the counter and smiled.

“Wae hyung?”

“Looks like Leo is all fine right?”

Hongbin nods. He smiled.

“You have to be careful hyung. Your clumsiness is worrying.”

“I’m trying.”

Said Hakyeon, dramatically sighing. Hongbin laughs.

“You said you are making dessert for Leo hyung.”

“Oh right. I’ll make it now.”

“Good idea.”

Hongbin then leave Hakyeon and tends to the customers. Hakyeon smiled and hums while he make the dessert and proud that it turns out to be pretty.

“Sungjae ya, I’ll be joining Leo for a bit. Make the order for me okay.”

“Sure thing hyung.”

Hakyeon brought the dessert and sat down in front of Leo.

“Hey prince.”

He called and Leo chuckles.

“What’s with the prince?”

Hakyeon grins and  places the dessert bowl in front of Leo. He eyed the sticky sweets and look at Hakyeon.

“What it this called?”

“Affogato. You should have something cooling after what happen to you yesterday.”

Hakyeon had a pout on his lips and Leo feels hot. He calm himself down, so he won’t kiss that pout away.

“This look yummy.”

“Try it!”

Hakyeon excitedly said, his hands are together and eyes on Leo. The latter chuckles and take the spoon and scoops some of the dessert and tastes it.

“Emmm. This taste like coffee.”

“Of course. I just put a shot of espresso though. Because you like your coffee light and sweet.”

He state, as a matter of fact and Leo is amused that Hakyeon makes an effort to understand him.

“Thanks N ah.”

Said Leo, reaching for his hand and Hakyeon nods, patting the hand on top of his.

“I’ll cook dinner for you tonight. So, let’s go home together?”

“You don’t have to. You are tired.”

“I’m not. Think what you want to eat so we can buy them on our way home. Your fridge lacks of every single thing though.”

Said Hakyeon as he stood up and skips to the staff only kitchen. Leo smiled. The word home rings through his system. 

“Home.”

He mutters.

“He use the term home when he talk about my house.”

He whispers and turns his head when he heard his voice as he greets the customers.

“Oh N. You have to be responsible of what you did to me.”

He silently thought and finishes up the sweet and his type of dessert.


###


“We are making kimchi this weekend. Would you like to come?”

“Are you sure I can?”

“Of course! I told omma that I will bring someone.”

Leo said and Hakyeon laughs.

“You shouldn’t say it like that. She will think that you are bringing someone special and will be looking forward to it.”

“You are special.”

Said Leo and Hakyeon hope he did not blushed. He laughs it off and it succeed in making him not blushing.

“I will come. Definitely.”

Said Hakyeon then, beaming while walks ahead. Leo smiled in content. Finally he can introduce Hakyeon to his family. That sound romantic doesn’t it?

“What do your parents love? I can ask Hongbin to help me bake a cake or I could buy them medicinal herbs.”

“Just come N. I don’t need you to come with gifts.”

“It’s not proper. I’ll just figure it out myself then. Open the door.”

He said, when they arrived in front of Leo’s apartment. Leo nods with sheepish smile.

“Are you going to cook meat?”

Hakyeon laughs again instead of answering.


###


A week had passed and it’s time for kimchi making session in Leo’s parents house.

“Are you sure it will be okay?”

“Of course. And why are you bringing a lot with you?”

Leo shakes his head but did load the things and boxes in his car.

“Hop on. We can go now.”

“Will Hyukkie be there?”

Hakyeon asks when he fastens his seatbelt and Leo smiles at him.

“Maybe. I didn’t ask him.”

“I see. But I’m decent enough right? I never meet elders for quite some time. I’m nervous.”

“They will love you.”

Said Leo and manage to ease Hakyeon’s heart. He smiles at Leo and looks in front.

“I wish they will smile a lot.”

“They are happy go lucky. I just wish you won’t get tired of their questions.”

“Elders are like that Woonie.”

Said Hakyeon and checks on his bang once again when Leo said they are closing by.

“Fighting!”

Hakyeon cheered to himself and hop down when Leo get the door for him.


###


“This is Hakyeon.”

The elders beamed at him who had his smile plastered on his face.

“Taekwoon talks a lot about you. Are you perhaps the barista?”

“Yes I am.”

“You are cute. And seems friendly.”

“He is friendly, look, he manage to befriend with our Leo.”

Hakyeon is all flustered by the bombard of questions but soon was saved when the kimchi making session started.

“You two should do all the hard labour okay.”

“Neh.”

“Omma. How can N.”

“You said he is like a family. Right son?”

“I am ready to do any work. I came prepared.”

Said Hakyeon, grinning as he pats Taekwoon’s shoulder to say that they should start quickly.

“Just send me a signal if you are tired.”

Hakyeon gives a sign of okay and ran when Taekwoon’s mother call him. He smiled dreamily and proceed to bring in the cabbage. 

And they end up making kimchi until the whole process finished.

“Go on and freshen up so we can eat together.”

Taekwoon’s mother ushered them and they end up in his room, awkwardly standing.

“Where is the restroom?”

“There.”

Leo answered, pointing on another door inside the room. Hakyeon smiled and went in with his bag while Leo sat down, swallowing.

“I shouldn’t have any weird thought. I shouldn’t.”

He chant that in his mind and slap his knee while trying to not have any weird thought about the gorgeous man in his bathroom.

###

“Taek.”

Leo went to open the door when he heard his sister’s voice.

“Waeyo noona?”

“It’s not like what I’m thinking about right?”

“What is it? How should I know what are you thinking about?”

“N. You like him right?”

She asks him in a whisper, after looking around. Leo was taken aback. Was he obvious?

“I want you to be happy so don’t think too much about it alright.”

She tip toed to ruffle his hair and smile before she walks to her room. Taekwoon bites his lip. He can’t even hide his feeling anymore. How can he act natural in front of Hakyeon?

When he walks into his room back, Hakyeon had finished showering and he was brushing his hair. Leo feels his heart swell when he saw him so he walks closer to Hakyeon.

“N.”

“What happen?”

Hakyeon asks when he saw the exchange in Taekwoon’s expression. Taekwoon shakes his head and walks closer to him.

“Can you, give me a hug?”

Hakyeon doesn’t hesitates and quickly embraces the other. He pats his back and Leo was actually shocked.

“Something happen? You can share them with me you know.”

Said Hakyeon in a soothing whisper. Leo doesn’t answer. He was too focus on Hakyeon’s body heat on him. He raised his hand and tighten the hug.

And they stay like that for some time.


###


“Where is that person?”

Sanghyuk suddenly asked when Leo was busy gazing at the flawless barista the next day after the heart fluttering kimchi making session in his house which Hakyeon easily capture everyone’s heart.

“What person?”

Leo asks mindlessly.

“You asked me tips on courting.”

“Don’t be such a busy body Sanghyuk.”

“I’m not. But ahjumma and omma had been asking me about that.”

“You told them?”

“I have no choice. They had been bugging me. I ended up telling them that you might be dating.”

Sanghyuk sips his drink but it was empty so he stole Taekwoon’s.

The latter doesn’t seem to care about it. He was more to thinking to himself.

“You brought N hyung home?”

“What’s wrong with that?”

“Nothing. But do tell me if you had win yourself a lottery hyung.”

Sanghyuk waves to Hakyeon who was serving customer and left the cafe.

“One more day. Just one more day and I can know about my increment. Then I’ll tell you.”