Ice Americano

Coffee

 

“You are back being alone I see.”

Hakyeon commented when he saw Leo walking alone the next day.

“He went home.”

“Oh I thought your brother stay with you.”

“He lives with his family.”

Leo saw that Hakyeon seems clueless and that is when he chuckles.

“He is a cousin. Mother’s side.”

“Ahhh I see. Sorry I took long. So what would you like today?”

“Ice Americano and a slice of chocolate cake.”

“Extra syrup like usual?”

“Yeh.Kamsahamnida.”

“Sit. I’ll take it to you today.”

“Eh?”

“We got extra staff today and there is not many people. So, I’ll serve it.”

Said Hakyeon in his usual cheery tone which Leo likes with no doubt. He nods and took the change that Hakyeon pass to him before he walks to his spot which is thankfully empty.

He turn on his notebook and runs his fingers on the report that he need to make, which result him in skipping his lunch today.

“Here is your order sir.”

“I told you that you should just call me Leo.”

“Oppsie, my bad. I'm joking."

Hakyeon grins and Leo smiles as well, which is never a normal thing if someone he knows see him.

“You seem busy. I’ll just leave you to your work then. Enjoy.”

“Thank you N.”

Hakyeon gave him a smile and went to behind the counter and he then heard him laughs to the staff over a spilled coffee.

He did not get angry at all and that makes him wonder how his character is. Their first encounter is when Leo accidentally shove him on his way to the dry cleaner.

 

Flashback

 

He was all messy, with flour on 70% part of his body. But instead of getting angry because it is obviously Leo’s fault, he laughs and apologized.

“It’s my fault. I’m sorry.”

“Animida. I should look where I walk.”

He said as he dusted the flour off his body, y tan coloured and Leo feels his cheek redden, he knows it’s not about the weather and he flustered.

“Look, you got some on you too.”

He said and wipes some of the flour on his chest, Leo just look at him. He did not stop Hakyeon from touching his precious body.

“There, it’s not that obvious now.”

With a toothy grin, he commented and Leo looks at his shirt before a small smile formed on his face.

“Yeah.”

“Would you like to have some coffee? I own a cafe around here. As a token of sorry.”

Leo need to breathe before he answers him.

“I would like to have a coffee but it’s not as a token of apology. You are not the one to be blame. It’s my fault. I.”

“Okay fine.”

Hakyeon cuts him off and smiles adorably. If it’s his cousin Sanghyuk who cuts him off when he talks, Leo will strangle him alive but he doesn’t feel annoyed at all when this stranger does that.

“Let’s have a coffee as a token of friendship. I’m Hakyeon and people call me N.”

“N?”

He asks and Hakyeon nods.

“A nickname that I like.”

Leo nods and holds the hand that Hakyeon offer as a handshake and smile.

“I’m Taekwoon but you can call me Leo.”

“Oh that name suits you. So let’s go now?”

“Your grocery?”

“I’ll just buy it after the coffee.”

“Are you sure? I can drop you off.”

“It’s okay. I have to change my shirt too.”

“Oh right.”

“Come on Leo.”

And Leo follows him like a puppy.

 

###

 

“Welco. Woah hyung! What happen?”

“Norhing big happen. Sit down Leo. I’ll brew some coffee for you in a moment.”

Leo nods and went to sit on the spot beside a mirror where he can look out to see the vehicles and passer by.

Hakyeon comes out in a few minutes and he took little time like he said and proceed to smoothly working on the coffee machine.

He sat there and watch him. He is so skilful. He pour some cream on the cup where the coffee is in and he had the idea that N is making a cappuccino.

“You are lucky because my staff just roasted these coffee beans. Smell it.”

“It’s good.”

Leo said and Hakyeon smiled.

“I don’t know about this place.”

“We had been operating steadily for about 3 years. Are you new here?”

Leo nods, putting down the cup.

“I moved here due to my job. It’s nearing 4 months.”

“You might use the other way. If you use the route on front, you might notice our cafe.”

“Yeah. I use the short cut. It’s nearer.”

“There, I knew it.”

Said Hakyeon, laughing.

“There are quite a lot of people came.”

“We serve the best coffee with selected coffee beans. It’s our speciality. It might be because of that.”

“And we have quite handsome flower boy.”

Hakyeon staff butting in and put a plate of macaroons on Leo’s table.

“This is on me.”

“Thank you Binnie.”

Said Hakyeon and Leo too thanked the latter.

“It’s rare for hyung to bring his friend so I should treat you nice so that you will treat my hyung nicely.”

Said Hongbin and left the pair after he bowed.

“He is always like that. Nagging that I just work without socializing.”

Hakyeon chuckles while Leo smiles and nods, sipping his coffee.

“The coffee is really amazing N.”

“Thank you. So, you can see that I’m not pulling your leg right?”

“I know that you aren’t bluffing when people keep coming in. I should be the regular customer too then.”

“Do come. You are welcome anytime.”

“Thank you again, for the coffee and the dessert.”

“Hongbin made that. He makes the best macaroons ever.”

He complimented Hongbin and Leo nods when he tasted it.

“What about you?”

“I haven’t tried making it. I just make what makes me happy.”

“And what is that? Coffee?”

Hakyeon laughs and nods.

“I am a coffee lover too. And I’m happy if I drank a tasty one.”

“I hope you are right now.”

“I am.”

Leo finishes his coffee and thanks Hakyeon before he took out his business card.

“I’ll just take mine.”

Leo smiles and accept the card that Hakyeon gave to him.

“I’ll come back some day.”

“Gurae. Nice to be friend with you Leo.”

“I am glad that I had found a friend like you too N.”

 

End of flashback

 

“Sungjae ya. Just clean it up okay. I’ll tend to the customer. Binnie, take charge of thw order neh.”

"Deh mister."

Hongbin jokes and earn another chuckle, a beautiful one from Hakyeon and Leo thanked the latter for that.

“Gurae hyung. Cinca gomawoyo.”

He gave the younger a smile and went to the counter.

“Sungjae.”

Leo mutters after a while watching Hakyeon.

“I kind of feel that the name is familiar.”

He thought and soon shrugs his shoulder. He need to finish his work and that is why he was here at the first place.

Just that 80% of it is to watch, stare, admiring N working with the beautiful smile.