Frappuccino

Coffee

 

Hakyeon went to check on the card and burst laughing before he knocks Hongbin’s head. And he flinched, rubbing on the spot.

“It’s Wonshik. Can’t you see it’s his handwriting?”

“Is it?”

Hongbin asked, scratching his head.

“Who’s Wonshik?”

Sungjae asked and Leo glad he asked. It will be awkward if he ask Hakyeon.

“Our close friend too Sungjae ah. He must be coming in few days.”

Leo heaves a relief sigh.

“So he’s friend.”

He thought, walking to Hakyeon.

“So where to put these N?”

“Just follow me to the back.”

He said in his cheery voice and Leo swear he loves it. Hakyeon really has this aura that makes him enchanted every time. But Leo wasn’t complaining.

“It’s clean.”

Leo commented when he was in the store room. It is a big wider than what he expected it to be and freaking clean.

“We got A in cleanliness by the health officer, thanks to Hongbin. He cares about hygiene the most and he cleans our house too.”

“You stay together too?”

“Yeah.”

Hakyeon answers even though he was sure he told him already.

“Give me the one in your right hand Leo.”

Said Hakyeon and he obliged. He rubs his nape as he was fighting the urge to ask him.

“So, Wonshik.”

“Oh. You should meet him. He has many charms and you must be comfortable with him. And he got a cute boyfriend too.”

Said Hakyeon and stood up, dusting imaginary dust on his pants, as a habit and smiles at Leo.

“If you are free, do you want to have dinner with me? We are open until 6 today.”

“Why?”

“It’s end of month. We close early on day like this. And because Hongbin got somewhere to go.”

“I see.”

Said Leo, trying to remember each and every details.

“So are you coming?”

“Of course.”

Leo answered almost too quickly. He won’t let this chance to slip through right.

“I’ll give you our address and come over after 7. You aren’t picky right?”

“I eat almost everything N. Just cook anything.”

Said Leo, feeling bliss at the thought of having dinner alone with Hakyeon in his house.


###


“I’ll be late hyung.”

“Gurae Binnie. I invited Leo for dinner. He is sweet that he helps me shopping without complaining.”

“Are you gonna say that I nag a lot?”

Hakyeon chuckles.

“No. I’m just informing.”

“Ara. I’m joking though. Gotta go now hyung.”

Hakyeon answers with a hum and gives the counter a last wipe before he leave the cafe after locking it down.

He is excited as well for having Leo with him for dinner tonight. He himself doesn’t get why he is but he is way than elated when Leo agreed.

Its his first time meeting someone with a character like Leo. And he was curious to know what is there under his strong gaze and aura.

He chuckles and boards his car, driving carefully back home.

He lighted the scented candle, green tea for healing purpose and went to freshen up. Then, he pulls a multipurpose frying pan and lit the stove.

He places two marinated chicken and nods when it sizzles, heads to make a simple fruit salad with lots of berries.

He finished cooking when the time shows 6.45 and he puts the sour sauce on the table before heading to his room for a change of outfit.


###


Leo stands in front of the mirror, chuckling in disbelief that he was actually satisfied after he lump a pile of clothing on his bed.

“I am nervous but I am expecting this to go well.”

He mutters to himself and locks his door as he went out, planning to buy something for Hakyeon.

“It is weird if I buy flowers?”

He asked himself and was close to lose his mind at his own wild thought. Leo ended up buying flowers, in a basket and was satisfied with the recommendation from the ahjumma.

He stands in front of Hakyeon’s unit at 6.57 p.m. all nervous but manage to press on the bell.

It doesn’t take long before Hakyeon open the door for him and he was wearing a nice shirt and comfortable pant, and Leo can’t stop himself from staring.

He was only brought back to recent when he heard Hakyeon chuckles. He then shoves the flower that he hids behind him, as what he saw from searching engines earlier at home and he was content when Hakyeon seems happy while receiving it.

“I don’t know what to buy so.”

He said as he walks in and Hakyeon smiling at his cute excuse.

“I love flowers so I don’t mind.”

He placed the flowers on a corner table and invite Leo to sit down. Leo did what he was told to and like what we always do when we are in a new place, he looks around when he heard Hakyeon said “make yourself at home.”

Hakyeon house is neat, the furniture is well organized and clean from dust. He smiled, thinking that their house will be so clean if one day he manage to woo Hakyeon.

“Hongbin cleans the house everyday.”

He turns to look at Hakyeon and he was standing near him and so he remember Hakyeon said about how hygienic Hongbin was and is. He makes a reminder to slap his forehead later when Hakyeon wasn’t looking.

“The dinner is ready.”

Said Hakyeon when Leo awkwardly smiled on his own stupidness and Leo stood up, straightening his jeans; just because.

“Wow.”

He exclaimed when he saw the dining table that was quite full with foods; chicken, salad, coffee.

“What was this?”

“Frappuccino”

Said Hakyeon, gesturing Leo to sit.

“I never drank other than latte. So.”

Hakyeon laughs.

“It’s one of my favourite drinks. I used to make this for a sunbae I have crush on.”

Said Hakyeon again, Leo nods but he is curious.

“Sunbae?”

“Just a crush. He is married as well.”

Hakyeon laughs and have a bite of the salad. Leo who was munching on his food stops. He smiles.

“You like guys?”

He asked and Hakyeon laughs, kinda flustered and Leo makes a mental reminder to knock his head hard after this.

“I’m sorry. I don’t mean.”

Said Leo, feeling guilty.

“It’s okay. It’s a fact that my ex are all guys.”

“Really?”

Hakyeon nods.

“So what about you?”

“I just knew it recently that I like guys.”

“Wah really? Is it love at a first sight? That’s cute Leo ya. Do you want to talk about it? I’m all ears.”

Leo grins and lowered his head. Now he feels awkward talking about Hakyeon with Hakyeon. But he did open his mouth to talk about it.

“He loves coffee.”

Said Leo but Hakyeon was on his feet, on the phone when he raises his head to check on his expression.

“Something wrong N?”

“Wonshikkie, they call to say that he is in the emergency.”

“Wonshik. Kie?”

He repeats and Hakyeon nods.

“I’m sorry but can you drive me there? I’m.”

“Sure. Come on.”

He grabs Hakyeon’s trembling hand and holds him until they get into his car. Hakyeon keeps biting his nails and Leo reach for his hand again, not minding what he think of him.

He dislike it when Hakyeon wasn’t smiling.

Hakyeon runs to the emergency ward when they arrived. He saw the orange haired man and he stops when he was eating.

“Yah.”

He yelled and Leo paused when he heard Hakyeon screams. He was about to hold his arm but he stops. He abort that idea.

“I got a call saying you are in a serious condition.”

He said with brows arched together and Leo can see that guy names Wonshik grins.

“Mianhe hyung.”

“You and your prank limit has to set a border Shikkie. And you too Jaehwan.”

Leo tilts his head.

“Jaehwan?”

He walks closer to them and saw a face that he recognized, Jaehwan in his working uniform.

“Hyung!”

Jaehwan exclaimed when he saw Leo. Both Hakyeon and Wonshik look at them and Hakyeon is the one who speak.

“You know Jaehwannie, Leo ya?”

“He is a senior turns hyung I told you about hyung.”

“Ahh. Leo is it? Wow. Korea is indeed small.”

Said Hakyeon, smiling. Leo still can’t interpret what is going on. He blinks.

“Leo is my new friend and this is Wonshik, a very close dongsaeng like Binnie but he is a prankster. He works together with Jaehwan in his prank and I always believe it all.”

Hakyeon glares at the kids playfully while they chuckles.

“I never ever imagine that Leo hyung and you can be friend. Your character don’t match.”

“Yah. Don’t you have to work?”

Leo asked and Jaehwan pouts.

“Arasseo I’ll go. See you later N hyung. I’ll drop by the cafe with him.”

“Deh.”

When Jaehwan left to resume his shift, Hakyeon ask Leo to sit down.

“So why are you here again?”

“I was admit for real hyung. Look at my leg.”

Hakyeon looks at his leg and sighs.

“Can you be more careful.”

“Ara and so do you.”

They then leave after some time and Leo drives again, Hakyeon offers to drive then but Leo said he will.

Look how their lives connect with each other? He believes theirs are fate.

Leo smiles at that, starting to imagine again.

The dinner doesn’t go well but he gains another chance. Hakyeon is single, and he likes men.