Mocha Praline

Coffee

 

 

“It takes longer than ever today.”

Said Hakyeon as he sat down on the driver seat. Leo just smile.

“It’s okay.”

“Shall we go shopping then?”

“Deh.”

Hakyeon grins before he get the wheel and drove away. The ride was silent. Just that Leo glancing at him once in a while.

“Where is the cheerful Hakyeon?”

He wondered.

“I am not that lucky so I need to focus.”

He said without taking his eyes off the road.

“Ahhh. You can just ask me to drive.”

Said Leo, chuckling. Hakyeon smiles widely.

“I guess you are a great driver.”

“I drive a lot so I guess I am.”

Hakyeon park his car at one of the parking lot and breathe out in exaggerating manner. Leo laughs at that.

“You are relief?”

“Of course. I manage to drive you here without getting in accident.”

“You are pressing it too much N. You are decent.”

He removes his seatbelt and looks at Hakyeon.

“So, are we good to go now?”

“What am I thinking about? Of course.”

He too removes his seatbelt and turn of the ignition. He grabs his wallet and phone before he walks out of the car.

“You look nervous N.”

“God. Am I obvious?”

He asked and Leo nods.

“Very.”

He even touched his cheek with his finger.

“You are flustered. See, it’s all red.”

Hakyeon palms his cheek and laughs. Leo was more than happy to see him behaving that way. The N he knows and see are always a customer friendly, not a flustered and nervous person.

“If you have time, do you want us to grab some coffee to calm down?”

“You know a good cafe?”

“Not as great as yours but I was a regular here before I know you.”

“You are flattering me.”

“I did not. It’s a fact.”

“Arasseo. So where is it? I feel like having something cool and sweet.”

“It’s in the mall. We can see it right after we walk in.”

“Okay, let’s go then.”

Leo nodding and led the way, Hakyeon walks beside him, checking his phone.

“Something up?”

“Ani. Binnie ask if I had arrived safely.”

Hakyeon chuckles after that, makes Leo smiles. Hongbin cares for him a lot. He can see it from the way he look at him. Wait, he always look at him with that eyes that shoot stars.

“Hongbin is close to you?”

“Very close.”

He said, replying the text and skips a little to walk right next to Leo.

“We knows each other since elementary school. He always follow me around since then and we become close just like that.”

Said Hakyeon, grinning at that.

“I heard Sungjae and Hyukkie are friends since they were kids too.”

Leo nods.

“I don’t remember him that much but I know he has a friend that he can’t live with. He always turn to the kid whenever he broke up with his girlfriend. Because if he turns to me, I’ll kick him.”

“Woah. You are kind of wild there.”

“I don’t have any siblings. He is the only one who is close to me. I don’t know how yo show affection.”

“I see.”

Said Hakyeon as he thanks Leo when he pushes the glass door to the cafe.

“Welcome. What can I get for you?”

“Help me choose Leo ya.”

“Mocha praline. Make it two.”

“Right away sir.”

Leo paid for both of them and he was given a buzzer.

“Let’s sit while they make it.”

“So, mocha?”

“You wanted something cool and sweet.”

Leo smiles as he sat down beside Hakyeon, love when his arm brushed against his.

“You said you love light coffee taste right?”

“I had become a coffee lover now. I used to love only latte. After you make me cappuccino when we first met, I just drink whatever.”

Hakyeon laughs, slapping Leo’s arm at that. Leo smiles as well, loving the skin ship. The buzzer vibrate while they were talking and Leo excuse himself to get their order.

“This is refreshing.”

Said Hakyeon after he taste the drinks. Leo nods.

“But your coffee still has the best taste.”

He said as he winks at him. Hakyeon chuckles.

“You shouldn’t say that while we are in a coffee shop Leo. What if they heard you?”

“Will I get kicked out?”

He joked and Hakyeon laughs, once again slapping Leo’s arm comfortably. He then take another sip before he widens his eyes, happy when the bittersweet coffee hits his taste bud.

“I think I’ll add something similar to this in the menu. Sungjae can make it. It got nutty taste and looks like they caramelize the syrup along with the mocha sauce.”

“You show that you are a barista N.”

Leo grins and take a sip on his drinks and he has to agree with Hakyeon, it’s kinda bitter but the sweetness makes one craves for it more.

“Let’s finish our drinks and go shopping before Hongbin calls you again.”

“Ah dehh. I almost forget that I am out for grocery shopping.”

Hakyeon finish up his drinks and Leo chuckles when he saw some cream on Hakyeon’s lips. Instead of grabbing some tissues to wipe it, Leo uses his finger. And he his hand casually which makes Hakyeon speechless.

“Now it’s clean.”

Said Leo as if nothing happen. But only Leo knows how hard his heart is beating while he did that. And he was sweating.

Thank God Hakyeon doesn’t seem to realize that and they went to the super market that was in the same building.

“I’ll help you get the trolley.”

“Gomawo Leo ya.”

Said Hakyeon, smiling as he took out his phone to check the list that he needs to buy.

“Tell me few of it. I can grab some.”

“Just basic things for the shop.”

Said Hakyeon, showing the list to Leo.

“Kimchi?”

“We don’t have our parents with us so we buy it.”

“Ahh. Sorry.”

“Kenchana.”

Hakyeon smiled and put a carton of fresh milk inside the trolley.

“I’ll ask omma to send some for you so don’t buy those in market. Too many artificial colour and flavor.”

Said Leo as he pushes the trolley pass Kimchi station.

“It won’t be appropriate. I did not even help.”

“You can help if you want to. If you are free someday, I will introduce you to my parents.”

“I would love to Leo. Gomawo.”

He holds his arm with both of his hand and Leo smiles shyly. Hakyeon leaves his arm then and fetch some tea before they went to the flour section. Soon, they finished shopping and for the ride back home, Leo drive.


###


“I’m back!”

Hakyeon announce and Hongbin went to him with unamused look. He eyed the older head to toe before he crosses his arm.

“Wae Binnie?”

Hongbin wasn’t answering right away so he cranes his neck to ask his staffs and they all shakes their head.

“Since when did you start dating and why I don’t know?”

“Dating?”

Hakyeon furrows his eyebrows and crooked his mouth.

“When did I?”

“Explain the bouquet and chocolate. It was from your dearest.”

Said Hongbin, eyes glaring at Hakyeon as he demand an answer. And Leo who was walking in with few of the groceries stops just behind Hakyeon, eyes widens.

 

 

 

 


Sorry that I leave this story in hiatus for long.

Love, Star.