Caf au Lait

Coffee



 

“Thank you. I made you waste lot of time today.”

“Kenchana.”

“I want to invite you in to have some quick supper but you have to work tomorrow.”

“I would love to. I’m a bit hungry.”

“Ahh chinca?”

Leo nods with a small smile. Hakyeon smiles widen and he opens the door and Leo thanked him when he walks in.

The food that they ate halfway was still on the table, he offered to help.

“It will be faster, you can cook while I clean.”

“I don’t feel okay to make you work.”

“I’m happy to help.”

Said Leo, smiling all along. Hakyeon hesitantly let him while he heated some burrito that he stored up.

“Burrito is okay with you Leo?”

“I eat everything that is edible.”

Hakyeon laughs as he waited for the microwave to ding. He make them some tea as Leo puts the dirty dishes in the sink.

“Now let’s eat.”

He announce after some minutes and Leo happily eats. As long as he can spend time with Hakyeon, he is fine even though he will have panda eyes tomorrow at work.


###


“Hyung, you didn’t sleep?”

Sanghyuk who appears too early in his apartment asked. Leo was trying to calm his nerve to not hit that boy and he succeed. He down his instant coffee and grabs his briefcase.

“Don’t make a mess. I’ll kill you.”

Said Leo in threatening voice but Sanghyuk just mock him from his behind instead.

“Just what did he do last night?”

Sanghyuk wondered and grabs the game controller, grinning when the television screen lit.


###


Leo is at Hakyeon’s cafe again, admiring his sunshine, chuckling when he make simple cute gesture while he find the customer is hard to please.

“You have been staring.”

Said Sanghyuk out of nowhere that Leo nearly falls from his chair.

“Han Sanghyuk! I told you to not surprise me.”

“I just wonder why are you looking at N hyung since the last 15 minutes.”

Leo groaned instead of answering him. He turns his chair and wants to drink when Sanghyuk beats him to it and gulps his coffee down shamelessly.

“Why are you here?”

“I’m waiting for my date.”

“Here?”

“Yes. N hyung will give me discount. I don’t have money stored away like you. What if she demand something expensive.”

Leo shakes his head. Sanghyuk is just a fool who loves dating around. Leo admit he is good in courting though. That’s why he always end up getting the girl he wants. The innocence his face shows is a bonus. If only they know what an evil this giant is.

Leo thought and leans his back on the chair.

“Oh. She called.”

He grins and stands up, looking at his appearance and walks to the front door after he talks a bit. Leo glances at the girl and snort.

“Not as beautiful as N.”

He blurt and knocks his head, a small smile on his lips as he looks at Hakyeon who was raising his brows at him. He shakes his head and receive a blooming smile from that latter.

“Oh I feel energetic.”

He murmurs when Hakyeon get back to the coffee machine to make his customer’s order.


###


He was about to close his laptop; he was not doing anything at all ,just glancing, staring and gazing at Hakyeon when Sanghyuk came to his table and drinks his coffee again.

“You just had your date.”

“But nothing as refreshing as a free drink from you hyung.”

Sanghyuk grins cheekily and waves to Sungjae who was delivering customer’s order.

“Why aren’t you going home?”

“I’m waiting for Sungjae. We are heading home together.”

Leo nods, lazily pack his stuffs.

“You are going home?”

“In a while.”

“Just sit with me hyung. I’m bored.”

“Yah. Do you think I have nothing to do?”

Sanghyuk nods.

“I saw you do nothing. Not typing at all since you switch on that laptop earlier.”

“You check on me while dating?”

“She is boring hyung. Has a beautiful face but no fun at all. All she do is talk about school.”

Sanghyuk groans a little bit too dramatically and Leo snort.

“Forget about me. What about you?”

“Me?”

“The someone you like.”

“Ahh.”

“What ahh? Tell me.”

“No.”

“Eyy hyung.”

“No.”

“Hyungggg.”

Leo just glares at the childish cousin of his and thank god when Sungjae appear, having the exact stupid grins like Sanghyuk’s.

“Make sure you tell me next time.”

Sanghyuk yelled as he drags his friend along.

“Tell him what?”

Hakyeon asks, smiling innocently. Leo shakes his head, standing.

“Aniyo. It’s nothing.”

“Gurae. It’s fine then. We are closing the cafe. Are you staying to help?”

“Deh?”

“It’s a joke Leo ya.”

Hakyeon laughs and pats his shoulder before he turns and starts grabbing chairs and stack them.

“What is my job then?”

Hakyeon smiled and looks at Hongbin who smiled too and Leo ends up helping with the chairs.

“I’ll head home first hyung.”

Hongbin said after he lock the cafe and walks with some other staffs. Leo was standing, hands in pockets, staring at Hakyeon.

“You should stop staring you know. You look like an angry lion if you didn’t smile.”

Said Hakyeon, laughing.

“Sorry. I had lots of things in my head.”

“Care to share?”

“It just that I had been busy and will be lots busy.”

“I see.”

Said Hakyeon, nodding as if his word alone doesn’t convince Leo.

“Did you bring your car?”

Leo asks, a lame question, he thought but Hakyeon answers in his cheery voice that he didn’t.

“I’ll just walk home sometimes. I had no time to work out.”

“But you are busy. Don’t you feel tired?”

“Of course I am but I’m too happy to think about the tiredness.”

“You are a positive person N.”

Leo praised, smiling tenderly. Hakyeon laughs, unknowingly stepping back that he nearly stumbled but Leo is quick and caught his hand, but unfortunately, he knocks his forehead on the pole near them.

“Oh Leo, you are bleeding.”

Said Hakyeon, full of worry and Leo then feel the sting on the spot near his right eyebrow.

“It’s okay.”

“No it’s not.”

Said Hakyeon, fishing the key from his pocket and unlock the cafe again, while dragging Leo in. He clumsily find his way to the first aid and somehow manage to found it.

“It will sting a bit.”

“I can endure pain.”

Said Leo and soon hissed when the medicine hits his cut. Hakyeon laughs.

“I told you it’s sting.”

He grins instead of answering and Hakyeon quickly finish his work and looks at Leo.

“Do you need hospital?”

He ask with his doe eyes and Leo smiled, ruffling his hair. He just do it in reflect because Hakyeon looks cute then but Hakyeon seems to not mind his skin ship.

“I’m okay. It’s just a bump.”

“Sure?”

“Yeah.”

“Okay. But I’ll have to pay you back.”

“N, you really shouldn’t.”

“But I won’t be at ease.”

“Okay. Make me food then.”

“Great. I’ll be at your house tomorrow morning and make you breakfast.”

“Eh?”

“Yeah. It will be a help for you since you are going to be busy.”

“But is it okay? You have to open the cafe too.”

“I’ll make Hongbin go. Okay?”

“If that make you happy, why not?”

“Okay Leo ya. I’ll be there sharp.”

Said Hakyeon and chuckles.

“Sure.”


###


The next morning comes too late. Leo had been looking at the clock 20 times for 5 minutes. He never or rarely wake up with that sour face unless Sanghyuk barge in his apartment. But he had it today.

“Waiting is a pain.”

Leo acknowledge that quote today, lazily walks to his living room and was close to curse at the mess Sanghyuk leave behind.

He did not care about tidiness, never once mind to clean his bed too each time he wakes up since he live alone but today is different, Hakyeon is going to be here anytime soon and he had no time.

“Dingdong.”

Leo sighs. He gives up throwing things to make the couch presentable for Hakyeon to sit and proceed to open the door.

“Morning Lion.”

Said Hakyeon in a sing sang voice and he kind of like how Hakyeon always has nickname for him that change from time to time.

“Come in. But it is messy. Really messy.”

“Oh.”

Hakyeon commented when he steps in and laughs afterward.

“It’s understandable. Guys living alone.”

He looks around and find his way to the kitchen. Leo love at how natural Hakyeon is in his house. His heart flutter just because of that simple thing.

Hakyeon took out his coat and placed it on a chair, Leo took it put them on the hanger.

“What are you doing?”

Leo asked, peeking on what Hakyeon was doing after he was done.

“Spanish omelette.”

“Spa..nish?”

He asked, puzzled.

“Wasn’t omelette just omelette?”

Hakyeon chuckled; wriggling his forefinger when he looks at Leo who now sheepishly smiled.

“Come on and join me. I’ll show you how.”

“Is that necessary?”

“You are determined to not help me at all? I’m sad.”

Hakyeon fakes a sad expression and Leo was alarmed. He quickly stiffens and Hakyeon laughs, patting his chest casually.

“Here how we do it.”

“Oh.”

Said Leo; quickly recovers from his blushing states. He looks intently, not on the ingredients but Hakyeon. Only when Hakyeon snaps his finger in front of his face, he starts to focus.

“Heat up some oil in a frying pan. Add one clove of chopped garlic and one sliced onion. Fry them until they become soft.”

“Okay.”

“Not yet.”

Sad Hakyeon, turns around and took the chopping board which he had chopped several veggies and drops them in.

“Ah wait; you are good with spicy food right?”

“Yes, I like them.”

“Great. Now stir well, pour these eggs and swirl the pan so it coated them all. You turn and be extra careful to not break them. After that, plate it and we are done.”

“It look delicious.”

“And taste yummy too. Hongbin loves them. Come and sit. Or you are going to be late for work.”

Hakyeon winks and Leo quickly sits, holds his fork and have a bite. It’s true that Hakyeon is a great cook. Leo smiled.

“This taste wonderful N.”

“Told ya.”

Said Hakyeon, sitting and eating as well.

“You are going to be busy you said.”

Hakyeon started; having a great time sipping his french coffee. Leo nods, finishing his omelette and drinking his coffee. The coffee too, taste really good even though he just brew it in his kitchen, not using the machine he has in his cafe.

“It’s end of the month. Gonna sum up the profit and send it to boss. And auditor team will see if my performance are great for an increment.”

“Oh. I hope you will get the promotion you deserved.”

“Thank you.”

“Please don’t mention it.”

Said Hakyeon, smiling fondly at the man in front of him.

“I have to go.”

He said after a moment of sipping their coffee in silence. Leo quickly rose from his seat.

“I’ll send you.”

“You will be late. And I drive here.”

“Oh.”

“See you later Leo ya.”

Said Hakyeon and puts on his coat, once again flashing his sunshine smile.

“I’ll drop by after work.”

“Sure. Do you have anything you crave? I’ll try making it.”

“I don’t really have anything in mind now.”

“Think about it and tell me.”

Said Hakyeon, touching the band aid on Leo’s forehead slightly, smiling when he is done with it.

“Okay.”

Leo is stuttering when he answer him and Hakyeon chuckles.

“Don’t see me out. Get ready for work. Fighting!”

Leo smiled at the retreating figure and sighs in relief. He is one step closer to Hakyeon and he likes how his nose is filled with his scent.

“I’ll confess after I get the promotion.”

He sang a song as he skips to his room, smiling at the band aid on his forehead. He is thankful that he bump onto the pole yesterday. He get the taste of having a boyfriend though it’s just him thinking that way.

 

 

 

 

 


I’m so sorry for my lack of update. I totally forget to edit this draft. Lol. Hope this update is okay for now.
Love you guys.
Love, Star ☆