Black Coffee

Coffee


“Ahh I don’t want to go to work.”

Said Leo as he caresses Hakyeon’s hand, kissing them now and then. Hakyeon laughs.

“You have an important day today sunshine. Go and come back during lunch.”

“Fine. You will be a good boy right?”

He asks, chuckling away at his question. Hakyeon nods, pecking his lips. 

“You too, be a good boy.”

Leo cups Hakyeon right cheek and kisses his forehead.

“Go on inside, I’ll go to work now.”

“Okay. Be careful.”

“I can drive fine baby. You, be careful. Extra careful until I’m here again to protect you.”

“You should stop being cheesy bunny.”

Leo laughs, gives Hakyeon a quick hug and waves at him as he enter his car. Hakyeon walks inside the cafe after waving at him, heart swells in happiness.

“Boss.”

His staff calls him in unison and he laughs at them.

“We are dating.”

He said shortly and they cheered him up, Sungjae whistle and Hongbin shakes his head.

“Let’s get working alright!”

“Deh!”

They answer and get back to their own station and task.


###


Sanghyuk walks into the cafe late that morning with heavy steps, frowning.

“Morning.”

Hakyeon greeted but Hyuk wasn’t as cheerful as he always are so he frowns and glances at Sungjae.

“He was like that since this morning. He came to my house early too. Wonder why?”

Sungjae said and Hakyeon nodded. He made a cup of latte and makes his way to the younger.

“Care to share with me?”

“Hyung.”

He greeted as if he didn’t see him earlier so Hakyeon clicked his tongue and sat down.

“What happen Hyukkie? You seem very troubled.”

“It’s not that hyung. I’m just thinking.”

“Okay. Resume what you think. If you need me, I’m just around.”

“Thanks hyung.”

Sanghyuk said as he holds Hakyeon’s hand. The latter pats his hand and walks away. Sanghyuk sighs.

“What is this heavy feeling?”

He asks to himself and found himself frowning more.


###


“Surprise!”

Wonshik said as he went inside the cafe with his orange hair, drawing attention at the loud voice of his.

“Oh Wonshikkie.”

Hakyeon greeted, and end up in the latter embrace tight that he slaps Wonshik’s back before Wonshik set him free.

“Oh I miss you hyung.”

“We miss you so much too Wonshik ah.”

Said Hongbin who was coming out from the kitchen with a tray of dessert, colourful and flavourful.

Wonshik gave Hongbin a high five and raise his hand at the new one, Sungjae.

“You changed a lot of thing here hyung. I never saw this guy too.”

“Sungjae is my very own barista. He makes wonderful coffee.”

Hakyeon complimented and Sungjae grins, shy. Wonshik nodded.

“Am I going to have a coffee made by Sungjae ssi then?”

“I’ll let you taste the coffee. It’s heavenly.”

“I know he must be good. You won’t pick him if he doesn’t left an impression.”

“Indeed, you know him the best.”

Said Hongbin, smiling. Wonshik make a proud face, and Hakyeon pats his .

“Go on have a seat. I’ll let Sungjae know your favourite coffee and our staff will send it to you.”

“Sure hyung. And I have an announcement to make after I had my fill.”

“Sure sure. Take your time. It’s almost lunch hour so we are going to be busy.”

“Kenchana. As if I’m an outsider.”

Said Wonshik and walks to the table which Leo always sat on. He saw the reserved mark but sat anyway. Wonshik just don’t care.

Sanghyuk look at Wonshik after he thinks, and frowns at the way he stares around the cafe and how he sat on Leo’s table.

“Are you okay?”

He look at Sungjae and nodded.

“Why is he sitting there?”

“Oh he is someone boss know.”

“Who?”

“His best friend.”

“How many are there?”

“Deh?”

“Aniya. You are busy right? Go on.  I have an important business to do.”

“Okay. See you around.”

He nods, staring when his friend walks as if his soul had left his body.

“Where goes wrong? I can’t even put my finger anywhere.”


###


Leo walks to the cafe with a fresh flower bouquet. He sniffs on the bouquet before he reach the door and the smile doesn’t leave his mouth until he saw that his space is occupied and that his lover is laughing with the person on the table.

Leo stoned on the entrance until Hakyeon waves excitedly at him. His sunshine smile makes him smiles again and he kisses Hakyeon’s temple, he presented the bouquet to him.

“Oh it’s wonderful.”

Leo shyly grins and Hakyeon pulls him towards the table.

“Remember him? Wonshik.”

“Ahh.”

“Sorry that I sat on your place hyung. This was once mine.”

Said Wonshik as he winks and stands to greet Leo properly.

“Stay after work? Wonshik wants to announce something.”

“But can I? I mean.”

“Of course you can hyung. You are now Hakyeon’s hyung boyfriend. You are accepted in the family gathering.”

“Family?”

“I told you, we are just by ourselves.”

Leo nodded, smiling at Hakyeon and then Wonshik.

“I take the off after lunch. I actually wants to take you somewhere.”

“I can announce it really quickly hyung. Just have to wait for Jaehwannie.”

“Oh. I can feel the flutter already.”

Wonshik raises his eyebrows and wriggles them. Hakyeon laughs and makes Leo sits as he makes a cup of coffee for his lover.

Soon, Jaehwan came with a box of scented candles and Hakyeon loves it the most.

“I bought them at the thought of you hyung.”

“How sweet.”

Hongbin mocked as he sits, only after the most customers had left and the cafe was not as full as few hours ago.

“Tell us now. We are busy.”

Said Hongbin and Wonshik glared at his friend. 

“I’m throwing a party.”

Wonshik said while grinning, and Jaehwan too smiles while gazing at his lover.

“Why a party? So sudden? You just threw a party last month when you got your job.”

Hongbin asked as he folds his arm across his chest. Wonshik still grins but now he scratches the back of his head.

“Don’t tell me.”

“I’m going to make it official. We had met Jaehwannie’s parents.

“But you are still young.”.

“My hormone is kicking.”

Wonshik jokes and Hongbin snort.

“ert.”

He said while chuckling. Wonshik punches his arm but still laughing anyway.

“We should just get married when our love are still hot. We could stand any storm on our way thinking of how we got married at first place.”

Wonshik look at Jaehwan and he smiles at him.

“I just love him that much.”

He said in a cheesy way that Hongbin makes a face.

“Stop that Romeo. We know how much you love him.”

Said Hakyeon, proud at how brave Wonshik is at expressing his love towards Jaehwan.

“Right hyung! I’m so thankful that he can heal my heart that you break.”

Hakyeon frozen at that and so does Jaehwan. Hongbin who sense the awkward atmosphere steps in.

“Yah.”

He reprimand his friend and Hakyeon laughs instead.

“We all had moved on right?”

Hakyeon assures Hongbin and Wonshik smiles slyly.

“I shouldn’t say that right?”

He rubs his nape and look at Jaehwan who is fine with the whole situation. But he forget about Leo who was present too at that time. His shocked expression shows it all. That he had said something he shouldn’t.

“Anyway, I only love Jaehwan now.”

“Good for you. When is the big day?”

Hongbin added, trying to make the atmosphere as natural as it can be and Wonshik grins again, as clueless as he was.

“This spring. The cards is being printed now so Jaehwannie won’t have any excuses to run away.”

He hugs Jaehwan’s shoulder and Jaehwan laughs.

“Where would I run to huh?”

They talk and jokes after that but Leo keeps looking at Hakyeon and Wonshik. He can’t help the burning feeling on his chest.

“Is that why N is flustered when he received that call?”

Leo observed them and he walks to the station, look at Sungjae who smiles at him and tiredly makes his order.

“Black coffee. Make it thick.”