-4-

Echoes of the Past ✔

 

 

 

Lights were blinding his views as he fluttered his eyes open. Blinking a few times, he had regained his vision as his eyes were scanning the whole room – white walls, white ceiling, shower curtain, IV drips – he was at the clinic.

Trying to sit up, he immediately regretted it and groaned as he felt a pang of pain on his back. He glanced over his body and was surprised to see large bandages started from the torso and ended over his shoulder blade.

What just happened?

Just then, the curtain was being pushed and he was being greeted by an angel.

A smile was plastered on her face.

“Hello, Myungsoo, how are you feeling?”

The man uttered nothing as she came closer and looked at the board that was providing the patient’s information.

“Do you know how lucky you are, Myungsoo?” she spoke as her eyes were running over the board. After that, she put it back on the bedside table.

Still, Myungsoo didn’t say anything and just looked at her.

“You’re lucky your spine is fine and had no damage. If it would, it could affect your brain and your body – either you are brain dead or paralyzed or both,” she said as she looked at him.

Realization hit his mind. Right, I was saving Uncle Uhm. Speaking of him...

“Does Uncle Uhm alright? He didn’t hurt, is he?”  

A small smile curved on the doctor’s lips, “He’s fine and healthy as he can be but Myungsoo, you are not fine,” the doctor said as a finger was pointed to him.

“You are not allowed to do any vigirous activities for at least three weeks. Eventhough your spine is fine but your back is still badly injured. It might stung a bit when you are trying to do things that required your back muscles. The muscles are swollen and the skin is wounded so, no vigirous activities, okay?”

Myungsoo blinked in a few times, trying to digest all the information the doctor gave. After a moment, he nodded.

With a smile, she said “Good. Now if you don’t have any problems, I’ll go and you have a rest,”

The doctor turned around and was about to make her way out when he suddenly held her wrist. Myungsoo was surprised by his impulsive action so was the doctor. Looking at the person who was gripping her wrist, her brows raised.

“Why are you here?” the guy muttured. He didn’t know why that question slipped from his mouth.

“Because I’m a doctor here?” she replied, her brows creased in confusion.

“No, why did you become a doctor here, on this small island?”

“Because I’m helping my friend. She opened a clinic here because they barely had a good one so, we’ve become partners.” She answered bluntly. Though, she felt it was a bit weird on the questions he asked.

The guy was silent and the doctor took the chance, “So, is that all? Then, could you please let me go?” she said, gently.

Slowly, his fingers were moving away from her wrist and fell on the bed. She glanced at him for a moment before she left his cube. His eyes were following her retreat figure until she dissappear behind the curtain.

A deep sighed was released by him.

 

Why...why here, of all places. Why Naeun?

 

 

What games are you trying to play now huh, fate? 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

__________________________________________________

 

author note: crappy update, I know orz sorry, I've been busy with...stuff orz

anyway, comments and subscribe! oh, or maybe a little upvote, i don't know :p

until then, have a nice day!