-11-

Echoes of the Past ✔

 

 

Sweats were trickling down his face as he was concentrating on his work. Three days had passed since he last encountered with Shii. He had been on guard ever since then. Even though he had said that he would protect Naeun, he hadn’t seen her since the last time they were at the coffee shop.

She had immediately leaved him after he had wiped the cream off her lips using his thumb. He knew it wasn’t right. He had unconsciously leaned forward and did it. He was surprised by himself as well when he had realized what he had done.

Unnoticed, a sigh escaped from his lips. Son Naeun had once again messed up with his mind.

“So, working hard, aren’t you,” the raspy voice could be heard behind him. Holding the tool tightly in his hand, he had the urge to kill the man with it. Putting the tool down on the wooden floor of the jetty, he turned around, facing the man he had despised.

“What do you want, Shii?” he said, eyes were filled with hatred. Thankfully, the jetty was empty as all of the workers had gone home. A smirk was playing on the man’s lips.

“Why, aren’t you happy to see me? I’m hurt,” he mockingly said, putting his hand on his chest. Myungsoo didn’t say anything but just gave the man his deathly glare.

Shii shrugged. “Fine, you’re not,”

“Why are you here? How did you know I was here?” Myungsoo didn’t beat around the bushes and went straight to the point. 

“Cocky, aren’t you?” he responded, the smirk was still playing on his lips. “Well, it was not easy to find you. I had built a whole team of professional investigators to search for you but they were useless. But it seemed like fate wanted us to meet again, my boy,”

Myungsoo cringed hearing him saying ‘my boy’.

“Who knew that you would be at a small island? I never knew this island exist, to be quite honest but lucky me,” he said, the smirk never leaved his lips.

“Why are you here?” Myungsoo repeated his question firmly.

“Why, to bring you back of course! Who will run the family business if it’s not you? You’re my son –”

“I’m not your son. I don’t want to continue doing your corrupted business.”

“Corrupted business, you say?” Shii snickered, “Well, this corrupted business you mentioned just happens to be South Korea’s top 10 leading empire business! You could be rich and you don’t have to do this tiring work –”

“It’s corrupted because you took it from someone – no, you stole it.”

Shii clucked his tongue, “That’s where you are wrong, Myungsoo. I took back what half was mine,”

“You don’t deserve it, heck – you don’t even deserve to breath in this world. What had you done in the past was despicable and make me sick for even staying with you.”

“But you still did, my boy,”

“No, you took me and you had killed my parents. You know that I still didn’t forgive you for killing my parents.”

“I never intended to kill both of them but they didn’t want to corporate with me so…” Shii shrugged both of his shoulders like it wasn’t a big deal for him.

Myungsoo’s hands were clenched into a tight fist.

“Your father was a very loyal secretary to my father. He’s willing to risk his life from giving me what I wanted.” Shii continued.

Myungsoo’s body was trembling. He was resisting himself from killing the man in front of him.

“Shut up and get lost. For the last time, I would not do it. Go find someone else who would love to run a corrupted business with you,” he growled.

Turning around, Myungsoo was ready to leave but then, Shii’s deep voice could be heard.

“Fine by me but it comes with a price, my boy.”

Myungsoo managed to see the smirk on his lips as he turned around and walked away.

Every steps he took being further away from Shii, an uncomfortable, dangerous feeling crept into him.

 

 

“So, what’s up?”

The man had come to the stall as per requested by his friend. It was a Friday night so the stall was packed with men who had nothing better to do – like his friend here. The moment he sat, a sigh was heaved by his friend.

He’s here,” Myungsoo started. Woohyun jaw dropped, knew it so well what he meant by he.

“W-What?!”

So, Myungsoo told Woohyun from the beginning. He told him that he had seen him at the clinic last week. He told him about why he came here and how he managed to find him. He even told him that Shii had met with Naeun, obviously.

“I don’t know, man. Shii had seen Naeun and I know – I just know that something bad will happen to her,” Myungsoo ruffled his hair in frustration. Then suddenly, realization hit him like a tidal wave.

“Naeun’s father name was Son Hwijae, right?”

Woohyun furrowed in confusion. “Yeah, why?”

“A few days before the accident, I heard him saying that he had the key to the safe.”

“Why you just tell me something that important after 6 years?”

“Because Naeun was his daughter and I’m afraid that he being here was for getting back the key.”

Both of the men were staring each other, silence was between them. Myungsoo felt his ribcage tightened.

“Now I’m sure that something bad will happen to her,” his hands were clenched in a tight fist, determined to protect Naeun with whatever it will cost him. 

 

 

 

 

 

________________________

 

a/n:

another not my best chapter tbh orz

anyway, finally i've got my driving license! 

now i could go food hunting ~,~ 

and by hearing a snippet of namus's solo from mubank preview,

i just know it's going to be epic ;w;